These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Phoebe] Stealth Bombers

First post First post First post
Author
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#481 - 2014-10-17 16:05:20 UTC
Bronson Hughes wrote:
Techno Model wrote:
Stay the course Fozzie, do not let these lightweights from a single alliance sway you with their tear laden posts. Stay strong CCP and buff those bombers into awesomeness.


I'm guessing you don't fly bombers in Empire? The nerf to mobility seriously impacts their ability to fly with roaming frigate gangs without gimping said gang's most important asset: mobility.


If I can get a battleship to roam with frigates you can get a bomber to do it.
X Gallentius
Easy Eight
#482 - 2014-10-17 16:11:53 UTC
Bronson Hughes wrote:
Nice to see you agreeing with yourself?

CCP please ban ISBoxing posters!
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#483 - 2014-10-17 16:22:04 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Bronson Hughes wrote:
Techno Model wrote:
Stay the course Fozzie, do not let these lightweights from a single alliance sway you with their tear laden posts. Stay strong CCP and buff those bombers into awesomeness.


I'm guessing you don't fly bombers in Empire? The nerf to mobility seriously impacts their ability to fly with roaming frigate gangs without gimping said gang's most important asset: mobility.


If I can get a battleship to roam with frigates you can get a bomber to do it.

Now the question is, how is your new (assuming you got it) Moros going to keep up?
Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#484 - 2014-10-17 16:31:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Soldarius
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Soldarius wrote:
[quote=PotatoOverdose]
Any chance of seeing more "interesting" bomb types along these lines? Something like this, for example:

Explosion Radius: 4000
Thermal Damage: 20,000
Flight Time: 15s
Velocity: 2000m/s
AoE Range: One Meter

So a single target munition that has to be aimed and actually hit it's target, but has a relatively high damage to compensate. I'm thinking something like an "armor piercing" round (or bomb) compared to all of the "high explosive" rounds we have now.


Only problem i see with these is that they wouldn't be able to hit each other so you could launch as many as you had bombers so 15 or so bombers could 1 shot a carrier.

how ever i would love to see more of these types of bombs but that do support type damage (like the neut) at least until a counter other then smart bombs can be found.



Wait wait wait. 1-shotting caps with bombers... I like this idea. How about this:

Makes the expRad and AoE (at least the expRad) changes to all damage bombs. Now bombs are anti-cap weapons and don't work well or at all vs subcaps. ENTIRE PROBLEM SOLVED, and now we have cool new anti-capital ship weapons.

EDIT: Adjust bomb application stats is what many of us have been saying for a while now.


Also, while we're at it, can we get the old torpedo AoE graphics applied to bombs? The AoE shockwave effect was really cool and well-suited to AoE weapons like bombs.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#485 - 2014-10-17 16:31:31 UTC
Rowells wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Bronson Hughes wrote:
Techno Model wrote:
Stay the course Fozzie, do not let these lightweights from a single alliance sway you with their tear laden posts. Stay strong CCP and buff those bombers into awesomeness.


I'm guessing you don't fly bombers in Empire? The nerf to mobility seriously impacts their ability to fly with roaming frigate gangs without gimping said gang's most important asset: mobility.


If I can get a battleship to roam with frigates you can get a bomber to do it.

Now the question is, how is your new (assuming you got it) Moros going to keep up?


It wont. Shes at best a cruiser gang ship.
Komi Toran
Perkone
Caldari State
#486 - 2014-10-17 16:36:13 UTC
wheniaminspuce wrote:
Here is a perfect opportunity for them to exercise that discretion instead of damaging their game and they are ignoring the issue entirely in favor of poorly designed band-aids and reintroducing bugs as features.

Unfortunately I think CCP is pretty reliant on ISBoxer for subscriptions. Banning it would hurt their bottom line too much as the Replicators of the shard unsubscribe their dozens of alts. The game's addicted to it, and withdrawal will be a complete b****.
GeeShizzle MacCloud
#487 - 2014-10-17 16:47:31 UTC
Sbrodor wrote:
PotatoOverdose wrote:
[



Look at all of the major fleet fights which got bombed over the past year. How many of them didn't involve isboxer? Maybe one or two. How many involved isboxed bombers? Almost all of them.



i totally disagree. i know at least a couple of corp bombing oriented and they dunt use never isbox (cause they are all differente real people coordinating in ts3 ).

I never never seen isbox in south of new eden.



clearly you are totally f**king blind then.
Obil Que
Star Explorers
Solis Tenebris
#488 - 2014-10-17 16:49:36 UTC
Komi Toran wrote:
wheniaminspuce wrote:
Here is a perfect opportunity for them to exercise that discretion instead of damaging their game and they are ignoring the issue entirely in favor of poorly designed band-aids and reintroducing bugs as features.

Unfortunately I think CCP is pretty reliant on ISBoxer for subscriptions. Banning it would hurt their bottom line too much as the Replicators of the shard unsubscribe their dozens of alts. The game's addicted to it, and withdrawal will be a complete b****.


I call BS. How many ISboxers do you think are paying for their subscriptions in cash vs how many PLEX via ISK? My guess is that a huge percentage if not all are doing it via PLEX/ISK meaning that they money for those accounts is coming from other people buying the item, not from their own cash wallets. It would not hurt CCP in the least to lose them and perhaps help from the ripple effect it might have on other players enjoyment in the areas where ISB impacts...
Vel'drinn
Sanguine Vipers
#489 - 2014-10-17 16:49:45 UTC
Komi Toran wrote:
Unfortunately I think CCP is pretty reliant on ISBoxer for subscriptions. Banning it would hurt their bottom line too much as the Replicators of the shard unsubscribe their dozens of alts. The game's addicted to it, and withdrawal will be a complete b****.


Might as well make it a feature then and add it to all the power of 2 promos.

It is upsetting that the mention of ISBoxer is being dismissed as irrelevant. People seem to universally recognize that its bad for the game and especially PvP but the cash flow makes the rule.

Business integrity -1.



elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#490 - 2014-10-17 16:54:46 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
...
but there would need to be a minimum range or you would just have bombers warping right on top of ships for a guaranteed hit.


Hey Lugh,

that's why I left values out of this. Sometimes I get ideas when I read here and post them without thinking them through and sometimes it turns out it wasn't a good idea after all.

So if I have an idea that others think is a good one and agree we can talk numbers and restrictions. (if x do dat; else don't, hehe)

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#491 - 2014-10-17 17:08:25 UTC
Capqu wrote:
the csm may indeed be doing its job, but noone on the csm has any actual experience with bombing fleets / isbombing. in fact i looked up all the csm members and the only one with any appreciable background using bombs is Ali Aras, and he isn't the most active of pilots with no activity since june and sub a hundred bombing kills before that.



couple of corrections

1) do you assume that all csm fly only on their mains?
2) Ali is female
3) When time and duties allow, I fly and keep in touch with the Bombers Bar. When this dev blog went out the first thing I did was go in channel with them and talk about the changes . . . with people it directly effected. I do NOT talk from a position of inexperience, I talk to the people who ARE experienced and try to represent them.

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Arsine Mayhem
Doomheim
#492 - 2014-10-17 17:17:20 UTC
Mike Azariah wrote:
Capqu wrote:
the csm may indeed be doing its job, but noone on the csm has any actual experience with bombing fleets / isbombing. in fact i looked up all the csm members and the only one with any appreciable background using bombs is Ali Aras, and he isn't the most active of pilots with no activity since june and sub a hundred bombing kills before that.



couple of corrections

1) do you assume that all csm fly only on their mains?
2) Ali is female
3) When time and duties allow, I fly and keep in touch with the Bombers Bar. When this dev blog went out the first thing I did was go in channel with them and talk about the changes . . . with people it directly effected. I do NOT talk from a position of inexperience, I talk to the people who ARE experienced and try to represent them.

m


That says it all, meaning nothing.
Dirk Morbho
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#493 - 2014-10-17 17:23:40 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Let's talk Stealth Bombers!

  • A new anti-capital void bomb with a tiny range and a large explosion radius. You need to land it right on your target but if you hit a cap ship it will eat a ton of cap.


  • :content: alert!

    Cool
    Adrie Atticus
    Caldari Provisions
    Caldari State
    #494 - 2014-10-17 17:24:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Adrie Atticus
    wheniaminspoce wrote:

    *Accidentally dropping some RAM into a tractor unit


    I'm here just to point out that the velocity which the hamburger left my mouth at when reading this caused permanent damage to the drywall.
    Aram Kachaturian
    Aram Pleasure Hub Holding
    #495 - 2014-10-17 17:31:02 UTC
    I checked all your killboards one by one, killmail by killmail and as I thought a large part of you has no ******* idea how bombing worked prior to 2012 and didnt bomb intensively at all before and after.

    You are just complaining to ruin CCP Fozzie weekend and that's not cool.

    Servant of the Secret League, Wielder of the Monocle Clubhouse Flame.

    El Space Mariachi
    Zero Fun Allowed
    xqtywiznalamywmodxfhhopawzpqyjdwrpeptuaenabjawdzku
    #496 - 2014-10-17 17:32:08 UTC  |  Edited by: El Space Mariachi
    Adrie Atticus wrote:
    wheniaminspoce wrote:

    *Accidentally dropping some RAM into a tractor unit


    I'm here just to point out that the velocity which the hamburger left my mouth at when reading this caused permanent damage to the drywall.


    it could happen to anyone

    don't act like you've never dropped anything only to see a tractor unit instantly grab it and pull it away from your grasp leaving you no recourse but to shoot it

    gay gamers for jesus

    Capqu
    Half Empty
    xqtywiznalamywmodxfhhopawzpqyjdwrpeptuaenabjawdzku
    #497 - 2014-10-17 17:33:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Capqu
    Mike Azariah wrote:
    Capqu wrote:
    the csm may indeed be doing its job, but noone on the csm has any actual experience with bombing fleets / isbombing. in fact i looked up all the csm members and the only one with any appreciable background using bombs is Ali Aras, and he isn't the most active of pilots with no activity since june and sub a hundred bombing kills before that.



    couple of corrections

    1) do you assume that all csm fly only on their mains?
    2) Ali is female
    3) When time and duties allow, I fly and keep in touch with the Bombers Bar. When this dev blog went out the first thing I did was go in channel with them and talk about the changes . . . with people it directly effected. I do NOT talk from a position of inexperience, I talk to the people who ARE experienced and try to represent them.

    m


    1) yes. i feel like its reasonable for the most part to expect your main to reflect your play-style somewhat
    2) not relevant
    3) i appreciate that you did that, but after the devblog has come out is often too late, which i pretty much am resigned into believing this time around too. i am aware that is not your fault and not in your control. as for speaking from a position of inexperience, maybe you don't, but you are not the only csm and its not unheard of for people to push their own agendas at a detriment to the greater good.

    basically im depressed and disappointed as heck because this isn't the first time ccp has ignored minority player base when they destroy some niche of the game. first they came for the rat ai changes, mission flipping etc. etc.

    i don't want my corp to completely give up bombing as real people in a fleet. we rarely do it now because we have isboxers to do it instead and it just feels like wasting 8 peoples time doing something less effective than 1 person. even those people who do the isboxing and regularly slam dunk fleets with them are complaining. it's not fun, it's not balanced.
    i thought this rebalance would change that, perhaps naively but i honestly didnt think ccp cared so much about their bottom line over everything else.

    i don't know why i'm even in this thread tbh its not like anything i say matters
    but then again nothing we do on this earth truly matters
    might as well try
    Komi Toran
    Perkone
    Caldari State
    #498 - 2014-10-17 17:35:53 UTC
    Obil Que wrote:
    I call BS. How many ISboxers do you think are paying for their subscriptions in cash vs how many PLEX via ISK?

    Makes absolutely no difference. People who pay via ISK make the PLEX->ISK exchange more attractive, and so increase real-world sales. Either way, CCP gets their money. If you didn't have ISBoxers buying PLEX off the in-game market, the price would crash (drastically, as PLEX would no longer be seen as a safe investment) and fewer people would want to plunk down $20 for 400 million ISK.
    El Space Mariachi
    Zero Fun Allowed
    xqtywiznalamywmodxfhhopawzpqyjdwrpeptuaenabjawdzku
    #499 - 2014-10-17 17:40:28 UTC
    Capqu wrote:

    i don't know why i'm even in this thread tbh its not like anything i say matters
    but then again nothing we do on this earth truly matters
    might as well try


    Capqu, let's see you grit those teeth

    Listen up capqu, don't believe in yourself - believe in me. Believe in the Don who believes in you. He takes the hamfisted balance changes in his bare hands and endures the searing stupidity. A man's man sustained by strength of will. When you hear of the great Don, they're talking about me. Go beyond the bad metagame and kick bad reasoning to the kerb. That's how Love Squad rolls. Who the hell do you think I am?

    gay gamers for jesus

    Mike Azariah
    The Scope
    Gallente Federation
    #500 - 2014-10-17 17:41:37 UTC
    Capqu wrote:

    3) i appreciate that you did that, but after the devblog has come out is often too late, which i pretty much am resigned into believing this time around too. i am aware that is not your fault and not in your control. as for speaking from a position of inexperience, maybe you don't, but you are not the only csm and its not unheard of for people to push their own agendas at a detriment to the greater good.

    basically im depressed and disappointed as heck because this isn't the first time ccp has ignored minority player base when they destroy some niche of the game. first they came for the rat ai changes, mission flipping etc. etc.



    Well, the NDA kind of forbids me from asking folks ahead of dev blogs. Sometimes I try to find a way around it but most times I try to be fast on the response and see how well I can shift the position from the original. That is why you see me asking for input and top two things you would like chenged.

    Sorry to hear about the depression but weren't you normal bomber folk depressed if all the bombing in your corp was being handed to the isbox guy? or did I misread that?

    m

    Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)