These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New video: EVE Engineering

First post
Author
Naso Gomez
#41 - 2011-11-26 02:59:17 UTC
I'm moving to Iceland.
supersexysucker
Uber Awesome Fantastico Awesomeness Group
#42 - 2011-11-26 03:14:12 UTC
Orange...

Get it right the first fuckin with a g time.

Note, no need to go around anything... word is not filtered.

So ccp pretty much just showing us, they coulda done sooo many things, so easy... and never gave a fuckin nuff to, yet you guys eat it up...

People working on another game... even making these changes, in a short period of time... and yet the eve team can't do a damn thing but make some crap ass WiS.

lol.
DarkAegix
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#43 - 2011-11-26 03:22:09 UTC
supersexysucker wrote:
Orange...

So ccp pretty much just showing us, they coulda done sooo many things, so easy... and never gave a fuckin nuff to, yet you guys eat it up...

People working on another game... even making these changes, in a short period of time... and yet the eve team can't do a damn thing but make some crap ass WiS.

lol.

Look at how stupid you are.
See all this? https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=33091

Yeah.
A lot of things have been done, by all of CCP.
Zagdul
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2011-11-26 03:30:47 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Sirius Cassiopeiae wrote:
Kurunto wrote:
All I've got to say is that CCP Punkturis is cute and hot... mostly cute Oops

I must sign that...

aww thanks guys :3

I wouldn't throw you outa bed.

Dual Pane idea: Click!

CCP Please Implement

Jenshae Chiroptera
#45 - 2011-11-26 03:44:00 UTC
Intro gave me a fit of the giggles. Lol

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

supersexysucker
Uber Awesome Fantastico Awesomeness Group
#46 - 2011-11-26 03:46:26 UTC
DarkAegix wrote:

Yeah.

Of course you missed the whole point, ccp has people working on other dumb games... but regardless, OTHER games, able to pump out eve fixes and features, in just a few WEEKS... so pretty much all this time... they could have done this stuff... it was not months of work, needing a special dev team... it was some random people working on another game. I am not impressed anyway we are only getting this because of those who quit…

So yes the last year the eve dev team gave us nothing but runway in station, everyone quit, now ccp whos bleeding money on tons of games that will never get done (incarna took how long and not even 1/2 done?) just showed us in like no time, with more of the ccp work force even people not working on eve... can pump out TONS of fixs and features...

If CCP took ALLLLLL the WiS time... and did THIS sort of dev on eve...

Or all the WoD and dust time....

omfg could you think of the game, could you think of how eve would have been?
Zirse
Risktech Analytics
#47 - 2011-11-26 03:55:56 UTC
I'm getting into this thread just before it spirals into a whiteknight ad infinitum in which spaceship nerds try and decide between hitting on, or protecting the honor of a fair spaceship maiden.

Anyways, good video guys.
Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#48 - 2011-11-26 04:00:14 UTC
supersexysucker wrote:
DarkAegix wrote:

Yeah.

Of course you missed the whole point, ccp has people working on other dumb games... but regardless, OTHER games, able to pump out eve fixes and features, in just a few WEEKS... so pretty much all this time... they could have done this stuff... it was not months of work, needing a special dev team... it was some random people working on another game. I am not impressed anyway we are only getting this because of those who quit…

So yes the last year the eve dev team gave us nothing but runway in station, everyone quit, now ccp whos bleeding money on tons of games that will never get done (incarna took how long and not even 1/2 done?) just showed us in like no time, with more of the ccp work force even people not working on eve... can pump out TONS of fixs and features...

If CCP took ALLLLLL the WiS time... and did THIS sort of dev on eve...

Or all the WoD and dust time....

omfg could you think of the game, could you think of how eve would have been?

I'd say, relax, take a chill pill. For right now they're working on the game. What they've done in the past has been hashed, rehashed, picked apart, put back together, stirred, shaken, blended and peeled. No need to masticate it now. And yes, they had pretty much diverted their entire development of Eve to other things. We all know this. WoD was shelved, WiS abandoned, 20% of their workforce nixed. Now they're working on Eve. Enjoy it for what it is.

Don't ban me, bro!

Buoytender Bob
Ronin Exploration Mission and Mining
#49 - 2011-11-26 04:00:22 UTC
Nice video, but how about something from the group in Atlanta? You know, those guys taking time out from vamps to make EVE run smoother. Since Crucible appears to be an "all hands on deck" effort, let's hear from them. Besides, a little southern drawl from a Georgia belle might give some of the EVE hound dogs something else to dream about.

To buck the popular trend, I began to Rage Start instead of Rage Quit.

...and every time I get another piece of Carbon, I know exactly what CCP is getting this Christmas.

Kaede Kimura
Perkone
Caldari State
#50 - 2011-11-26 04:31:29 UTC
supersexysucker wrote:
Orange...

lol.

I can only imagine everyone's time was being sucked up by incarana, they are basically making another game and splicing it into EVE.
Sassums
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#51 - 2011-11-26 04:53:44 UTC
I may have missed this somewhere, but why the 5 minute cool down for corporation bookmarks?

If I am in a system next door, and need help instantly - I don't want to wait 5 minutes for the bookmarks to appear for friends.

Also what is the word on alliance book marks? They would be quite useful for those of us in WH space.
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#52 - 2011-11-26 04:58:39 UTC
I would say 60% of what enginering gets to deploy in this release was scheduled to be released now or like engine trails and the forums took one deployment cycle longer then the devs and management would have liked.

With alot of the core code now open for small tweaks on a regular time frame. I see alot more enginering time spent on stuff like pos and sov mechanics which is what the majority of the vocal players want.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#53 - 2011-11-26 05:03:42 UTC
Sassums wrote:
I may have missed this somewhere, but why the 5 minute cool down for corporation bookmarks?

If I am in a system next door, and need help instantly - I don't want to wait 5 minutes for the bookmarks to appear for friends.

Also what is the word on alliance book marks? They would be quite useful for those of us in WH space.

If you have been updating the corp side of the bm folders correctly all the bm should already be accessable.

Your reinforcements should be warping to you not some bm you just saved in corp.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

DarkAegix
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#54 - 2011-11-26 05:09:24 UTC  |  Edited by: DarkAegix
supersexysucker wrote:
DarkAegix wrote:

Yeah.

I AM BUTTHURT AND DON'T UNDERSTAND A THING

Do you want to know the REAL reason we're suddenly seeing so many new things recently?
Carbon.
After converting EVE to effectively a different language, CCP are finally able to add a feature without screwing up everything. Imagine that adding a new right-click option for cans with an automatic 'loot all' would screw up all of PI and make all Tengus invisible. That's how bad things were.
Would you like to know something else? WiS required Carbon. Most of Incarna's development cycle was spent converting EVE, and now it's finally paying off.
So don't spurt nonsense about 'Imagine what could be done!!!!!' because what's done is done, and it benefited EVE's development.
World of Darkness went hand-in-hand with Carbon.
WiS is hand-in-hand with Carbon.
Dust 514 is directly related to EVE.
Everything CCP do is EVE-related in one way or another. Throwing more resources at an unwieldy codebase which creates bugs at any given opportunity won't solve any problems.
Zoe Alarhun
The Proactive Reappropriation Corporation
#55 - 2011-11-26 05:22:13 UTC
I liked the movie. Loved the Desktop wallpaper.
Terminal Insanity
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#56 - 2011-11-26 05:48:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Terminal Insanity
3:00 'corporate locations' aka Corporate Bookmarks aka HOLY **** THEY DID IT WOOT!

This is definatly one of the best features, why is it not listed on the features page?!

One suggestion: corporate role to choose who can create corp bookmarks, but awesomeawesomeawesomeawesome, no more making copies of copies of copies of these goddamn things!

"War declarations are never officially considered griefing and are not a bannable offense, and it has been repeatedly stated by the developers that the possibility for non-consensual PvP is an intended feature." - CCP

Nykali
Cortex Technologies
#57 - 2011-11-26 05:49:48 UTC
A positively spiffing moving picture!

Workplace filming is usually awkward and horrible and detrimental to everyone's happiness, but I have no doubt folks are grateful.
Grideris
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#58 - 2011-11-26 05:52:42 UTC
I for one, welcome our "nearly reset the production cluster in 60 seconds instead of his local server" engineer overlords.

http://www.dust514.org - the unofficial forum for everything DUST 514 http://www.dust514base.com -** the** blog site with everything else DUST 514 you need

Terminal Insanity
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#59 - 2011-11-26 05:54:59 UTC
CCP Atlas's shirt, what is in that speech bubble? =P

"War declarations are never officially considered griefing and are not a bannable offense, and it has been repeatedly stated by the developers that the possibility for non-consensual PvP is an intended feature." - CCP

DarkAegix
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#60 - 2011-11-26 06:06:38 UTC
Terminal Insanity wrote:
CCP Atlas's shirt, what is in that speech bubble? =P

'Remind me again why the frack he didn't get EVE Voice'