These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Offworld Date Auction Fund Raiser

Author
Johanesse
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#161 - 2014-10-11 20:12:43 UTC
I yield to the better man. Very well timed, Messrs. Torpedo and Sakakibara. Alas, I was distracted reviewing my profit and loss statements and allowed myself to grow complacent.

With respect to the timing, speaking as a former solicitor and relying on precedents, I note this issue came in the previous auction which ended 22:00.

The ruling there was "21:59 time stamp will be the latest allowed. Bids of the same amount recorded with the same timestamp will go to the first bid recorded in the thread."

Of course, Lord Draconis has the final call.

Le secret de la liberté est d'éclairer les hommes, comme celui de la tyrannie et de les retenir dans l'ignorance

Lasairiona Raske
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#162 - 2014-10-11 20:19:56 UTC
Who am I to interpret what Lord Draconis means by "bidding will end at 2000"? I will be sure to ask him when I see him.

Are you a devil or an angel

Sent here from heaven or from hell?

Sweet temptress, I'm wrapped in your tangles

Can't find my way out of your spell

Ibrahim Tash-Murkon
#163 - 2014-10-11 20:30:48 UTC
Well. That was disappointing.

"I give you the destiny of Faith, and you will bring its message to every planet of every star in the heavens: Go forth, conquer in my Name, and reclaim that which I have given." - Book of Reclaiming 22:13

Odelya d'Hanguest
Order of St. Severian
#164 - 2014-10-11 20:59:26 UTC
Now that the Beggar Lord’s farce is—finally!—nearing completion, could we just rename the whole thread to “The Triumph of Stupidity” and force every shmok who placed a bid to wear a hood of shame?

Regards
Odelya d’Hanguest, Begum etc. pp.
Ibrahim Tash-Murkon
#165 - 2014-10-11 21:31:21 UTC
I'm afraid that I can't pull off the hooded look.

"I give you the destiny of Faith, and you will bring its message to every planet of every star in the heavens: Go forth, conquer in my Name, and reclaim that which I have given." - Book of Reclaiming 22:13

Arista Shahni
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#166 - 2014-10-11 22:04:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Arista Shahni
One merely needs to count to realize that some doings are not those of a single hand. Each has their reason for participating.

Odyela, do not do the rest involved a dishonor by continuing this lest your disdain be spoken for all of them. Your point has been made solidly, do not adopt the rather agitating foregin tradition of repeating the same statements ad nauseum to make your point stronger. Even the flit morning bird's song becomes unheard after the first hour, no matter how beautiful.

"I say that even as the holy and the righteous cannot rise beyond the highest which is in each one of you - so the wicked and the weak cannot fall lower than the lowest which is in you also.  And as a single leaf turns not yellow but with the silent knowledge of the whole tree, so the wrong-doer cannot do wrong without the hidden will of you all."

Lasairiona Raske
#167 - 2014-10-11 22:13:07 UTC
Well said, Arista.

Odelya d'Hanguest
Order of St. Severian
#168 - 2014-10-11 22:33:11 UTC
Thank you so much, Aritsa, I am sure you already know how much everyone enjoys your public advice—but it was especially me who was just starving for more sincere, well-meaning guidance. Thank you very much! But please do not spend your energy on me, there are people in this thread much more in need of your invaluable expertise.

To make everything more understandable—and now I have to repeat myself, because obviously I have not been clear enough—I did not just say that the Beggar Lord is an idiot, but everyone else is too. That is exactly what I was saying and I mean it exactly like I said it.

Odelya, Begum etc. etc.
Lasairiona Raske
#169 - 2014-10-11 22:48:33 UTC
I only see one idiot here and she has plastic on her head.

Eran Mintor
Metropolis Commercial Consortium
#170 - 2014-10-11 22:51:37 UTC
Odelya d'Hanguest wrote:
Thank you so much, Aritsa, I am sure you already know how much everyone enjoys your public advice—but it was especially me who was just starving for more sincere, well-meaning guidance. Thank you very much! But please do not spend your energy on me, there are people in this thread much more in need of your invaluable expertise.

To make everything more understandable—and now I have to repeat myself, because obviously I have not been clear enough—I did not just say that the Beggar Lord is an idiot, but everyone else is too. That is exactly what I was saying and I mean it exactly like I said it.

Odelya, Begum etc. etc.

Everyone in this thread is an idiot? Speak for yourself, hag.

-Eran
Lasairiona Raske
#171 - 2014-10-11 23:28:59 UTC
Haha! Whoops! Stuck your foot in there, didn't you, your majesty?

Vulxanis Viceroy
Offworld Trading Company
Khimi Harar
#172 - 2014-10-12 00:04:58 UTC
My apologies for the late response.

No bids after 20:00 will be counted. The auction is officially over.

Regarding the final bid between Mr. Tigerfish Torpedo and Mr. Reginald Sakakibara:

I find this very uncomfortable. But as I am unable to tell if Mr. Reginald Sakakibara's post was after 20:00, as the dating of the IGS's posts do not include seconds, I can only assume that it was either posted at 19:59:59 with it updating at exactly 20:00:00, or that it was posted at exactly 20:00:00.

Personally I would have preferred it slightly sooner, but as Mr. Reginald Sakakibara's post is exactly at 20:00, and I am unable to tell if that is exactly or after the timing the auction ends, I shall have to assume that, by the Grace of God, it was exactly at the ending of the auction. If it had been a minute later, then Mr. Tigerfish Torpedo would have won.

Even though I may not have said it overtly (and in hindsight I wish I had, now), I have been working under the assumption that no bids after 20:00 would be counted.

As the bid is exactly at 20:00, then that does not violate the assumption I have been working under.

I do apologize for not clarifying that, in case of this scenario.

All funds are expected to be transferred by 22:00 tomorrow. If the bidder fails to do so, the next highest bidder will be given the opportunity.

The bidding stands final at:

The winners of the bids are:

(Female Date Volunteers)
Diana Kim - 55,000,000 - Morwen Lagann
Cuci Cairi - 150,000,000 - 992
Lasairiona Raske - 150,000,000 - Eric Lancier
Literia - 25,000,000 - Steffanie Saissore
Shalee Lianne - 1,400,000,000 - Reginald Sakakibara
Utsukushi Shi

(Male Date volunteers)
Vulxanis Viceroy - 25,000,000 - Karynn Denton
Eran Mintor - 25,000,000 - Havohej
Marcus Gord - 25,000,000 Steffanie Saissore

(Non-date Volunteers)
Aldrith Shutaq - 255,000,000 Morwen Lagann

EDIT: Donation from Zenariae for 300,000,000 has already been received.

So then, the Auction is officially over! I thank everyone who participated! I would like to add a special thank you towards the volunteers, for so bravely allowing themselves to be placed in this situation. They have raised a potential 2,385,000,000!

A resounding success!

And regarding those who so strongly wished for this to fail, your opinions did not matter initially, and they do not matter now.

Your insults have been baseless, and no more painful than the buzzing of a fly bothering a slaverhound.

I thank you, however, for your attempts at attacking this event, as the free publicity and forcing it to stay at the top of the IGS for so long all week undoubtedly furthered my cause.

My corporation thanks you, my holdings thanks you, and I thank you all, for your participation.

In Character: Only responds to "Lord Draconis"

Pronounced "Vulzanis"

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4fanm8/eve_in_a_nutshell_and_how_to_crack_it/

Public channel: VXV EVE

Twitter: https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Vulxanis_Viceroy

Eran Mintor
#173 - 2014-10-12 00:48:04 UTC
Oh joy.

-Eran
Anslo
Scope Works
#174 - 2014-10-12 01:14:45 UTC
What nul sec space were you planning to use this isk in by the way?

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Arista Shahni
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#175 - 2014-10-12 01:22:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Arista Shahni
Odelya d'Hanguest wrote:

Odelya, Begum etc. etc.

I am sure that I, as well as everyone else who was involved in this endeavor bidders and those bid upon, are appreciative to know your true heart in the matter.

Were we not taught to speak our minds frankly?

Oh. That was a Commoner saying. My apologies, Lady Odyela.

"I say that even as the holy and the righteous cannot rise beyond the highest which is in each one of you - so the wicked and the weak cannot fall lower than the lowest which is in you also.  And as a single leaf turns not yellow but with the silent knowledge of the whole tree, so the wrong-doer cannot do wrong without the hidden will of you all."

Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
United Caldari Space Command.
#176 - 2014-10-12 02:13:52 UTC
Arista Shahni wrote:
One merely needs to count to realize that some doings are not those of a single hand. Each has their reason for participating.

Odyela, do not do the rest involved a dishonor by continuing this lest your disdain be spoken for all of them. Your point has been made solidly, do not adopt the rather agitating foregin tradition of repeating the same statements ad nauseum to make your point stronger. Even the flit morning bird's song becomes unheard after the first hour, no matter how beautiful.

But... but... but the Federation... you know... it must be, kind of, destroyed!

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Aldrith Shutaq
Atash e Sarum Vanguard
#177 - 2014-10-12 03:12:56 UTC
Eran Mintor wrote:
Oh joy.

-Eran

Good luck with that one Eran. Try not to get killed.

So Morwen, what do you want your poem to be about?

Aldrith Ter'neth Shutaq Newelle

Fleet Captain of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

Divine Commodore of the 24th Imperial Crusade

Lord Consort of Lady Mitara Newelle, Champion of House Sarum and Holder of Damnidios Para'nashu

Eran Mintor
#178 - 2014-10-12 08:47:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Eran Mintor
Anslo wrote:

If it's more than 3 jumps from Huola, what does it matter?

Edit: Sorry 2* Jumps.

-Eran
Anslo
Scope Works
#179 - 2014-10-12 12:14:10 UTC
Eran Mintor wrote:
Anslo wrote:

If it's more than 3 jumps from Huola, what does it matter?

Edit: Sorry 2* Jumps.

-Eran

Because the rest of you dock up or run if we go elsewhere.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Wendrika Hydreiga
#180 - 2014-10-12 14:39:42 UTC
Anslo wrote:

Because the rest of you dock up or run if we go elsewhere.

Maybe they don't like news reporters all that much?