These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Language Chat Channel Consolidation With Oceanus

First post First post First post
Author
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#121 - 2014-09-26 05:51:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Indahmawar Fazmarai
J'Poll wrote:
So you have trolls in a channel.

Let's close the channel and the problem is fixed.

Sorry, but wrong. Troll is still there and will just kmove to the next channel.

The Dutch channel was one of the first I joined amd still occasionally visit. It was of GREAT help when I just started the game.

Sorry CCP, but -10 on the idea. Just with this you made your next patch utterly stupid and ********. Really hope that instead of masking the problem with a dumb move you will solve it and leave la guage channels as they are.

Funny thing...CCP announces this on a forum, 6 pages of nothing but negative replies but no response from CCP on it.

I'm getting an Incarna Deja-vu. And we all remember how that turned out for CCP. But clearly they forgot that not listening to your customer that pays you is something you should do.

I rather feel a jukebox deja-vu. The good thing of messing with people who don't speak your language is that they naturally can't express themselves if they oppose your decission. Everyone making noise here it's practically multilingual, either we wouldn't be able to express ourselves in English.

Language channels are the only thing ressembling a general discussion chat in EVE. They work because they are relatively small compared to the general population of the server (GD with 30,000 participants would be hell), and they work well as they provide a meeting point for factions. Also are useful as cross-section of population: everybody uses them from miners to wormholers to nullsec blocs to lost noobs looking for help or a corp in their language.

A player channel won't do that. A player channel takes some minimal time and effort and thus asks to serve the player(s) who set it up. Why should a powerbloc allow other powerblocs to access newbies (potential recruits) on THEIR language specific channel?

And I just feel it's terribly unfair to kill all channels just because of some unspecified troublemakers. I think that every channel endures some trolls, and everybody using them just blocks them. Why should everybody be punished because some assholes just can't leave alone or block their compatriots?

We in Spanish did nothing, why are we deprived of our channel? (let's ignore for a minute how there is more people who speak Spanish than people who speak German, French, Russian and Japanese combined...)
Finde learth
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#122 - 2014-09-26 06:33:07 UTC
7 pages, CCP Keep being quiet. Where are CSMs?
Eternal Corrosion
The Truskers
#123 - 2014-09-26 11:08:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Eternal Corrosion
As some people have stated above, the problem will still be there for us, the customers, but the solution wont still be available.

If you want to not be responsible about what some trolls say, just put a message in the MOTD saying it and advising how to "be safe".

What is obvious is that all those minorities (in which i include myself) will be greatly damaged because we wont be able to help their new "language-bros" for the first time as effective as before. What is more, some will lose that chat place where they used to communicate with people of their own country that werent on their circles, that place where a lot of people met the first time.

Removing the language chats without adding anything you will lose a lot more that what you think you can gain....

-1 CCP

I will always love LowSec

Nate Hill
Rocket No. 9
#124 - 2014-09-26 13:23:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Nate Hill
It's funny.

Is it concluded that impossibility of resolving all tickets about inappropriate contents in unsupported languages in players hosted channels is acceptable by CCP? And this does comply to your so-called policy.

To be honest unwillingness to hire new employees who have no language barrier is OK.

I can barely accept this reason or lie due to the condition of CCP. And wish one day World of Darkness will be revived.
Rod Sackettovic
Final Cut Corporation
#125 - 2014-09-26 14:39:48 UTC
The English version translated by Google:

A little double-edged sword is not it?
What player do not speak a foreign language, they will not have to turn to lapse if ordered by language ...

He who can not foreign language ;-)
Finde learth
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#126 - 2014-09-26 15:40:50 UTC
CCP won't change their mind. It's done.
Xeator
soldiers.fi
#127 - 2014-09-26 15:42:20 UTC
Gonna keep posting and echoing what others say. 7 pages and no blue replies. What are the CSM guys doing?

Lets look at some of the things that have been happening lately like bans of high profile players, Somer etc. CSM jumping all over the place blues posting constantly.

Now we get this one stupid ass change and nobody is willing to man up and face the people who are asking for answers and opposing this horrible change? This is some poor community management right here fellas.
Naburi NasNaburi
Doomheim
#128 - 2014-09-26 16:05:26 UTC
The Jita Monument needs some "restauration" dont you guys think? Twisted
lolcorpholder alt
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#129 - 2014-09-26 16:31:21 UTC
CCP, why give use time to disucss this if you dont follow the discussion?
Mihnea Tepes
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#130 - 2014-09-26 16:52:26 UTC
lolcorpholder alt wrote:

cause they dont like our reaction here? Big smile
Bori Kiha
#131 - 2014-09-26 18:17:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Bori Kiha
At first I thought this was a joke when it was mentioned in the german channel. Like "Hey, let's just tell everyone that this channel gets closed, sit back and watch the rage". But It's true. It's still a joke. A very bad one, though.

CCP will loose a lot of customers because of this. Actual and future ones. I can't understand that they don't see that. The issues with those political motivated harassments can't be so overwhelming that the only option is to kill half of the community.

Don't do this, CCP. It is a really bad idea.
Ezk1
Fistful of Finns
#132 - 2014-09-26 20:03:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Ezk1
No doubt, this is WORST idea CCP have brought up during all my years in EVE. I hope that CCP has come to its senses by patch day. Otherwise this whole move is same as saying "F*CK YOU!" to community and setting communitys house in fire, just after spending years telling how CCP wants to make community part of EVE.

This is stupid move, i cant think of what CCP was smoking when they though this.
lolcorpholder alt
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#133 - 2014-09-26 20:04:27 UTC
Seems like CCP just HAS to force an unsub wave after each summer
Mihnea Tepes
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#134 - 2014-09-26 20:05:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Mihnea Tepes
this will have an impact on new players, cause the first thing they do is joining their own language channel to have a chance to find out what is the game about in their native language or even to ask advises

taking them this option away is just the bad idea
Kia Lafemme2
Defenders of Tash-Murkon Foundation
#135 - 2014-09-26 20:12:29 UTC
Bad decision

Why not just keep the chats that already exists,
and then get some volunteer moderators to help manage them.

Guillejejeje XDD
State War Academy
Caldari State
#136 - 2014-09-26 21:01:37 UTC
Its a shame you are closing the channel of the second most used language in the world this change will only generate more problems and less subscriptions.

-1 CCP
Hiply Rustic
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#137 - 2014-09-26 21:48:47 UTC
lolcorpholder alt wrote:

That one's sadly easy to answer; holding this thread open allows the easy closing of all the other threads that may have popped up on the subject (by saying "we already have a thread on this subject, closing this one") while giving a confined and controlled space for upset players to vent.

Ralph King-Griffin wrote: "Eve deliberately excludes the stupid and the weak willied." EvE: Only the strong-willied need apply.

Elly May
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#138 - 2014-09-26 21:51:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Elly May
booo CCP

If it wasn't for the czech channel I woudn't be playing by now, when I first started playing I spent ages asking all kinds of question in there.

I guess you wanna lose even more subs and you don't care about getting any new ones :p
Triturus Alpestris
Bad Taste.
#139 - 2014-09-27 00:56:50 UTC
It is the scum of the EvE-O in these channels. GJ CCP
Paul AtreidesMuad
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#140 - 2014-09-27 01:35:19 UTC
Hello i already filled a ticket on this matter, overall ukrainian community supports this idea but only cause of huge number of trolls from russian channel better known as sruchat, i cant speak for other channels its probably terrible news for tham, but we think the way out exists and its quite simple, as ccp said player owned channels(we made ours after Russian invasion started) and atm its more active then official ukranian channel and everyone is happy with moderation no political discussion and just enjoying spaceship pewpew, thing is new players and how they gonna find those channels hence i propose ccp to add some player owned chats to a new made tab called unofficial languages or how you preffer to call it, so a new person can check a channel and see for example UA channel and how many people it has(we are quite active atm over 60 active members ) im really looking forward to have this option in new expansion.