These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Language Chat Channel Consolidation With Oceanus

First post First post First post
Author
Darkblad
Doomheim
#361 - 2014-10-09 07:43:27 UTC
Magnus Orly wrote:
[b]EDIT: Ok...I noticed the channel still exists by writing the exact name of it...but does this now mean that some snotnose punk owns the channel?
It means that a player created that channel, right. Not sure about that player's health or lifestyle, though - but I perfectly understand your concerns towards player created chat channels.

NPEISDRIP

Morihei Akachi
Doomheim
#362 - 2014-10-09 15:46:03 UTC
Magnus Orly wrote:
and now losing the Swedish channel also...pff... Evil

EDIT: Ok...I noticed the channel still exists by writing the exact name of it...but does this now mean that some snotnose punk owns the channel?

That snotnose punk you’re referring to? Is Chribba.

"Enduring", "restrained" and "ample" as designations for starship components are foreign to the genre of high-tech science fiction and don’t belong in Eve Online. (And as for “scoped” …)

Creme Fraiche
Catnip Commando
#363 - 2014-10-09 21:33:05 UTC
Well this was bad news, half of the fun with EVE is the swedish chat.
Magnus Orly
Crucial Contribution
#364 - 2014-10-10 04:02:14 UTC
Morihei Akachi wrote:

That snotnose punk you’re referring to? Is Chribba.

He sounds like a thrustworthy and fair guy actually Smile

Our corporation is recruiting! We live in Caldari high-sec and do mining, missions and trading.

flakeys
Doomheim
#365 - 2014-10-10 18:48:12 UTC
Creme Fraiche wrote:
Well this was bad news, half of the fun with EVE is the swedish chat.

I have to agree , the best part in the muppets show allways was when the swedish chef entered the spotlight ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#366 - 2014-10-15 13:29:33 UTC
Just a quick update.

Former channel population: 110
Current population: 20+25 in two channels
Noobs in channel, last week: zero.

I am not happy.
Samsara Toldya
Academy of Contradictory Behaviour
#367 - 2014-10-25 18:42:21 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
Just a quick update.

German help channel successfully transmorphed into a smalltalk channel - many of what I'd call "hardcore supporters" left - yet no ISD / GM / CCP arrived to moderate or support.

Maybe they are trapped inside the closed channels and can't find a way out?
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#368 - 2014-10-28 14:47:53 UTC
Hey, it's been 4 weeks and the consolidation is extremely successful:

Current population: 18+22 in two channels
Noobs in channel, last 3 weeks: zero (!)
Returning veterans: one.
DUST bunnies: 3

I don't get it, frankly. DUST bunnies were a rare sight at best, but now there are always 2 or 3 of them in channel...?
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#369 - 2014-10-28 14:51:31 UTC
Samsara Toldya wrote:
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
Just a quick update.

German help channel successfully transmorphed into a smalltalk channel - many of what I'd call "hardcore supporters" left - yet no ISD / GM / CCP arrived to moderate or support.

Maybe they are trapped inside the closed channels and can't find a way out?

The same happened to Spanish channels, I haven't seen any of the helping guys in a while. But then, there are no noobs asking for help so I guess that also is working as intended.
Vaari
Imperial Pharmacy
#370 - 2014-10-30 06:05:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaari
I want to report Suomi V2 channel. It is full of ancient amarr speaking pirates. They insult dark skinned minmatars, russian speaking heretics and they intend to invade the colony called Ukraine. There they plan to build "ovens" and produce "fertilizers"

Fear the God and honor the Empress!

-House Valius battle shout.

Darkblad
Doomheim
#371 - 2014-10-30 06:31:20 UTC
Vaari wrote:
I want to report Suomi V2 channel. It is full of ancient amarr speaking pirates. They insult dark skinned minmatars, russian speaking heretics and they intend to invade the colony called Ukraine. There they plan to build "ovens" and produce "fertilizers"
Wait, you mean that this issue didn't resolve by the removal of the language chat channels provided by CCP? People continue to use (2.) abusive, defamatory, ethnically or racially offensive, harassing, harmful, hateful, obscene, offensive, sexually explicit, threatening or vulgar language? The Terms Of Service are pretty clear on that matter. File a ticket and let CCP Customer Support handle it. It's still within the game, right. Blink
Maybe they find someone who can translate the matter for them, in case it's in an unsupported language.

NPEISDRIP

Satan's Son
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#372 - 2014-10-30 08:51:22 UTC
Migui X'hyrrn wrote:
Such a shame that spanish being official in more than 20 countries and having more than 500 million of native speakers is not an official language.

I might be a Brit, but .... ^^ this! x500m!
Thunderpit
Industrial Innovation
#373 - 2014-10-31 14:18:04 UTC
Can we please have the channels back? its really a loss of fun.
Sol Project
Shitt Outta Luck - GANKING4GOOD
#374 - 2014-11-02 11:07:14 UTC
In afterthought I can conclude that the removal of chat channels, as much as the removal of awoxxing, was CCPs attempt to cure an illness by removing the symptom.

I want CCP SoundWave back.

Ladies of New Eden YC 117 by Indahmawar Fazmarai

Warning: NSFW! Barely legal girls in underwear!

Diana Kim > AND THIS IS WHY THE FEDERATION MUST BE DESTROYED!!

Lorenso
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#375 - 2014-11-03 17:51:17 UTC
After the abolition of language channels (in my case italiano channel) we had great difficulty in the activity of recruitment !

In the past I usually recruit 5-10 players per week, but after the patch I have not been able to find a single player Sad

Please turn on an Italian chat dedicated solely to recruiting, so moderation will be easier because there will be only talks about recruiting or help.

Chat for dedicated language is needed because this game is vast and complex. new players are often confused and allow older players to help newbies (without language barrier) simplifies their start in Eve.

I know many players who now know how to play thanks to the help of experienced players, and I also know many players who would abandon the game if we do not help them find their way.

Recruiters help CCP, please do not hinder our work.

Sorry for my bad english, and thanks for your attention.

Global Isk Network

Corporazione italiana pvp factional warfare Minmatar

Per joinare entra nella chat 'bastardi.senza.gloria'

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#376 - 2014-11-12 21:15:54 UTC
Another update on the succesful eviction of Spanish-speaking new players and the disintegration of the Spanish-speaking player community.

Current population: 16+28 in two channels
Noobs in channel, last 5 weeks: zero (!)
Returning veterans: two.
DUST bunnies: 4

Aside from the slowly increasing numbers of veterans and DUST bunnies, one of the channels is slowly dropping and the other is slowly rising.
Karunel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#377 - 2014-11-17 12:50:44 UTC
Just came back to the game, decided to hop on the Spanish channel to ask around, see if I could find some old faces and get to know how they were faring and if their current corporations were interesting. Gone.

I don't really think you understand the full implications of what you did by removing language channels. The fact that it's been two months and you still don't get it doesn't exactly make for a good impression regarding your supossed improvements on listening to and reacting to what EVE players want.
flakeys
Doomheim
#378 - 2014-11-22 18:57:33 UTC
Karunel wrote:
Just came back to the game, decided to hop on the Spanish channel to ask around, see if I could find some old faces and get to know how they were faring and if their current corporations were interesting. Gone.

I don't really think you understand the full implications of what you did by removing language channels. The fact that it's been two months and you still don't get it doesn't exactly make for a good impression regarding your supossed improvements on listening to and reacting to what EVE players want.

It's not something they are going to undo , that much is clear by their lack of response.

They might have launched an awsome vid to attract new players today , but once these guys are in the game and don't find help/friends in their own native language a LOAD of them are going to walk off again without seeing what eve can be.CCP seems to have forgotten how long it takes to get to the fun part in this game and that having friends/people who can help you pass that time in your own language alone is a HUGE factor in keeping you interested in the first months.

Such a shame ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Arec Bardwin
#379 - 2014-11-25 20:40:29 UTC
Thunderpit wrote:
Can we please have the channels back? its really a loss of fun.
Agreed. This was a monumentally stupid move by CCP.
ArmyOfMe
Teddybears.
#380 - 2014-11-28 08:35:13 UTC
Can we for the love of god have the channels back.
With all the stuff ccp has been doing right the past few months, dont make this the one fuckup you do.
The language channels was actually a great place for ppl to meet and chat about other things then just this game.

GM Guard > I must ask you not to use the petition option like this again but i personally would finish the chicken sandwich first so it won´t go to waste. The spaghetti will keep and you can use it the next time you get hungry. Best regards.