These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Language Chat Channel Consolidation With Oceanus

First post First post First post
Author
Mikhem
Taxisk Unlimited
#341 - 2014-10-02 22:02:26 UTC
Rip Finnish (Suomi) channel.
http://postimg.org/image/bzbssrdd5/

Mikhem

Link library to EVE music songs.

zabbas
Nalle Luppakorva
#342 - 2014-10-03 06:27:41 UTC
I believe it is the same for all language channels. Polish channel, before: 150 people, now: two different channels (Polish and polski), top what I saw was 25 people around.

Anyways, what is the point even to reply here?
It looks like it is just a place for us - players to steam off. It is not like Ccp reacted...
Hanazava Karyna
The Foundation Of Mammon
#343 - 2014-10-03 06:58:55 UTC
There is no chance to get any reply with answers from CCP.

This is what @erlendur aka CCP Explorer twitted to chinese player and to me

http://i.imgur.com/t2hBK2k.png

What does that mean?

We changed things.
You can go home.
- F <3
Naburi NasNaburi
Doomheim
#344 - 2014-10-03 07:13:50 UTC
Wow.... Just..wow.
Solecist Project
#345 - 2014-10-03 07:26:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Solecist Project
bye naburi.
glad your sub ends! :)

weaklings. (:

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Darkblad
Doomheim
#346 - 2014-10-03 08:17:24 UTC
Hanazava Karyna wrote:
There is no chance to get any reply with answers from CCP.

This is what @erlendur aka CCP Explorer twitted to chinese player and to me

http://i.imgur.com/t2hBK2k.png

What does that mean?

We changed things.
You can go home.
- F <3
CCP Falcon announces, then goes this. Sooner or later, something might happen, now that Mike was involved and contacted CCP. As CCP obviously decides not to tell the Community wether or not they plan to do anything on this matter, but instead point to this thread, so be it. For me, it's a bad move, though.

NPEISDRIP

Naburi NasNaburi
Doomheim
#347 - 2014-10-03 08:26:04 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
bye naburi.
glad your sub ends! :)

weaklings. (:

Yep I am glad too ......
Vaari
Imperial Pharmacy
#348 - 2014-10-03 16:25:19 UTC
Ancient amarr, also called finnish speaking society has not experienced any kind of political motivated violations. Why do you remove ALL channels if heretical, also called russian and ukraine speaking idiots insult ach others?

Fear the God and honor the Empress!

-House Valius battle shout.

flakeys
Doomheim
#349 - 2014-10-04 14:08:30 UTC
Vaari wrote:
Ancient amarr, also called finnish speaking society has not experienced any kind of political motivated violations. Why do you remove ALL channels if heretical, also called russian and ukraine speaking idiots insult ach others?

You forgot to add the ironic part where they kept the russian help channel intact .

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#350 - 2014-10-04 16:11:14 UTC
flakeys wrote:
Vaari wrote:

You forgot to add the ironic part where they kept the russian help channel intact .

Hey. It's a supported language. It's not their fault if Ukrainian are upset about a few jokeful comments about ra*ing their mothers with missiles.
Morihei Akachi
Doomheim
#351 - 2014-10-05 04:55:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Morihei Akachi
Darkblad wrote:
Sooner or later, something might happen, now that Mike was involved and contacted CCP.

I doubt it. CCP have given no one any indication of being prepared to discuss this with the player base; Explorer’s tweet to Hanazava Karyna makes that perfectly clear. And to be honest, that even makes sense to me: they must know they don't have a leg to stand on, and attempting to defend such a wrong-headed »solution« would only make them look worse. I certainly don't think they're going to turn around and re-introduce the language channels with Phoebe. How would they justify such a move without admitting that their removal with Oceanus was a mistake?

Haven't logged on in the last few days. I've thought of it once or twice, but then I remember that CCP deliberately removed the place I had used to meet others who speak my preferred language. The lesson that sends is that CCP doesn't respect me or my culture. I'm finding it hard at the moment to feel good about playing a game produced by a company like that.

"Enduring", "restrained" and "ample" as designations for starship components are foreign to the genre of high-tech science fiction and don’t belong in Eve Online. (And as for “scoped” …)

Alairian
State War Academy
Caldari State
#352 - 2014-10-05 17:27:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Alairian
(Deleted, I regret what I originally said, but I'll post a tastefully edited version)

Most common business procedure is adapting to the market you're in, like a small business to the surrounding hood. Change your behavior, your marketing, and style based upon what is most needed to fit a role in your surrounding community.

Hiring bilingual support reps isn't the hardest thing in the world to accomplish. Allowing for more volunteer mods wouldn't hurt either. These people from "Unofficial languages" give you money too, and you should only serve to enrich their experience in welcoming them while paving the way for further capitalization due to rising community numbers.

Embrace diversity, enrich it within the game, support it, and your revenue will increase.
Support of diversity markets itself through word of mouth, and the closed minded route you're heading now is pathetic and will cause you to lose lots and lots of money.
Razeu
Malevelon Roe Industries
Convocation of Empyreans
#353 - 2014-10-06 20:45:56 UTC
So does local become english only next patch...?Cool
Rezznor Vendetta
FUBAR Club
#354 - 2014-10-06 20:49:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Rezznor Vendetta

That's what I call a language segregation just because of a few trolls. How nice !

The majority always have to pay for the minority of troublemaker.

Almost a good call on that ''Consolidation'' that divide even more.

I hope CCP will reconsider ...
Arec Bardwin
#355 - 2014-10-06 21:02:41 UTC
I still think this was a stupid move. I hope CCP will reconsider.
Kyllsa Siikanen
Tuonelan Virta
#356 - 2014-10-07 12:01:38 UTC
CCP;

You disappoint me.

Deleting other language channels for issues I have *never* witnessed in them, and yet, keeping both Russian and English channels, which are the languages 99% of this is delivered in. Several CCP employees (( Hint Hint, they may have posted in this thread )) are aware how many languages I speak - what is the source of the political crap? Russian and English.

I have NEVER seen a political argument run for more than 2 lines in the Spanish channel, and I can count on one hand the number of political comments I have seen there at all.

But I must endure constant racist and pseudopolitical nonsense in local, everywhere I go, in English and Russian. Homophobic, racist, fascist, low quality fuckery abounds in local channels from Rens to Delve.

CCP's solution?

Let's get rid of the non-offending language channels, and punish everyone who isnt the problem.

Makes perfect sense.

Adios al canal español

This sucks.

“Crying is all right in its own way while it lasts. But you have to stop sooner or later, and then you still have to decide what to do.” 

― C.S. Lewis 

Kyllsa Siikanen
Tuonelan Virta
#357 - 2014-10-07 12:04:11 UTC
flakeys wrote:
Vaari wrote:

/thread

“Crying is all right in its own way while it lasts. But you have to stop sooner or later, and then you still have to decide what to do.” 

― C.S. Lewis 

flakeys
Doomheim
#358 - 2014-10-07 18:21:47 UTC
Kyllsa Siikanen wrote:

I have NEVER seen a political argument run for more than 2 lines in the Spanish channel, and I can count on one hand the number of political comments I have seen there at all.

Exactly the same for the dutch channel.Sure there is trolling and name calling every now and then but i have not witnessed one channel in eve that doesn't have this either.
There is a fine line between poking at each other or beating the **** out of each other and i can say that the dutch channel had some poking the times i went there however we didn't have any ''casualties of words''.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#359 - 2014-10-08 06:52:39 UTC
So one week after the succesful "consolidation", the former Spanish channel (population: about 110) has effectively split into two channels with a population of about 20 each one. Also the only noob I've seen in a week was a reader from a blog which advertises one of the channels.

Shall we call it a succesful experiment yet, CCP? Roll
Magnus Orly
Crucial Contribution
#360 - 2014-10-09 07:13:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Magnus Orly
We need MORE official channels...not LESS...Evil

For some people, lets say me for example,...the chats are a HUGE part of the game! Attention

I already miss being in an NPC corp chat because I made my own corp...and now losing the Swedish channel also...pff... Evil

EDIT: Ok...I noticed the channel still exists by writing the exact name of it...but does this now mean that some snotnose punk owns the channel?

Our corporation is recruiting! We live in Caldari high-sec and do mining, missions and trading.