These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Language Chat Channel Consolidation With Oceanus

First post First post First post
Author
Migui X'hyrrn
No More Dramas Only Llamas
#181 - 2014-09-27 16:46:41 UTC
Obsidian Hawk wrote:
so has anyone bothered to post this information in their respective languages in their channels to get more responses? 10 pages seems a little low for what seems to be a hot button issue. CCP wont listen unless its 50 pages by monday morning with complaints.

Pretty much.

They are not bothering with this. It is not even in the patch notes for the current release. But it is something that is going to do a huge damage to non-official language communities. Which is a dumb move by CCP that alienates a big part of the player base just because they don't want to bother with a better solution.

If we could live during 11 years with those channels why is such a huge issue right now?
Darkblad
Doomheim
#182 - 2014-09-27 16:54:51 UTC
Obsidian Hawk wrote:
so has anyone bothered to post this information in their respective languages in their channels to get more responses? 10 pages seems a little low for what seems to be a hot button issue. CCP wont listen unless its 50 pages by monday morning with complaints.
You'd have to continuosly post that information in the channels, especially the ones less populated, as there are still no MOTDs pointing here. The unsupported language's channels lack any kind of motd, anyway.
I start to see at least one member within all language channels, though. That wasn't the case before if I remember correctly.

NPEISDRIP

OptimuzPR
Brothership Of EVE
#183 - 2014-09-27 16:59:58 UTC
This has to be the worst idea I've seen from CCP. Spanish chat is where I found my first corporation. I would not have stayed in this game if it wasn't for the Spanish channel. Say goodbye to a lot of future subscriptions because of this desicion.

Enjoy my first -1 ever.
LV425
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#184 - 2014-09-27 17:02:47 UTC
I think this is an awesome move! Great job CCP!
Mikhem
Taxisk Unlimited
#185 - 2014-09-27 17:03:05 UTC
Relax CCP, don't do it!
If you do it I got some bad news for you...

Mikhem

Link library to EVE music songs.

Solaris Kor
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#186 - 2014-09-27 17:06:32 UTC
this seems like a terrible direction for a game struggling to attract and secure new players.
Elly May
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#187 - 2014-09-27 17:07:36 UTC
10 pages, still no response CCP you're a joke..
Elly May
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#188 - 2014-09-27 17:07:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Elly May
double post..forum is kinda laggy.
Mikel deEuskadi
Infrastruktur und Technologie-Entwicklung.
#189 - 2014-09-27 17:12:12 UTC
This is a really bad solution to the problem.

it will hurt us all, because it will reduce the number of new players, and EVE needs them.

The learning curve is difficult for many new players even if they have support in their native language, also for those who have language barrier becomes an automatic quit.

Those language channels become an option that gives them guide and motivation to keep going in this game and turn into income for CCP.

If CCP keeps going with bad solutions, maybe the next one could be shutting EVE down, so you dont have to answer tickets at all.
groentenman
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#190 - 2014-09-27 17:12:27 UTC
Lost track of the amount of welcome bounties I've put on the heads of dutch newbies and the amount of ships and ISK I gave away to the same newbies that needed some extra help. Usually it's the same old people chatting but the dutch chat channel gate a regular stream of newbies asking for help and direction we're more than willing to give to those who are willing to learn. Removing official languag channels is going to remove a way of easily finding eve players in your country and promoting an unofficial channel is an unnecessary hasstle. I think it's a bad idea.
lolcorpholder alt
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#191 - 2014-09-27 17:26:24 UTC
CCP, you once said that you strife for excellence. Is this it? HTFU and start actually talking to your customers
Karl Stranne
Hollow and Naught But Ash
#192 - 2014-09-27 17:48:42 UTC
CCP has an itchy foot.
Instead of scratching the itch, they decide to amputate the entire leg.

CCP, there are many of us who thoroughly enjoy having a chat in our respective native language, please don't take it away from us.

Jiro Kobaiashi
Stille Gewalt
#193 - 2014-09-27 17:56:10 UTC
Thats probably the worst move you ever did CCP.

I started to think you are really serious about improving the game due to all these nice changes and imporvements in the last months.

But removin the language help channels will cause nothing but decrease the number of non native english subscription.

Doing this while trieing to attract more french people with a french client seems totally mental to me.

I personally would not have survived my first months without some native language support. (guess what. I may be speaking english quite ok, but i was deffenitley not into those rather difficult space/techical language often used)

The last wrong decission of this reach columinated in people shooting the jita monument.

But since it does not affect the majority of the eve players but only the minority, probably the scream will be much quieter than last time.

Eventhough dont forget that CCP: That minority of players keeps EVE alive. You will certainly do what we would call "sich ins eigene Knie schießen" in german: You will blow a bullet into your own feet.

Not good CCP, deffenitly Not good

lmmortalist
lmmortality Associates
#194 - 2014-09-27 18:21:37 UTC
I invite you all to join us at the Jita monument. Currently there are at least some people from Deutschechat and Suomikannu there. Fight the good fight.

BTW: Just realized what a great **** YOU sign that word "consolidation" used in the thread title is. Nice.

Alan vittuillakseni kirjoittamaan joka foorumipostaukseeni tästä eteenpäin jotain jollakin muulla kielellä kuin englannilla.
lolcorpholder alt
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#195 - 2014-09-27 18:25:47 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgvM7av1o1Q still remember that? CCP Falcon, think you need to reset your excellence at this point *Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal.
warock
Rift Watch
#196 - 2014-09-27 18:34:19 UTC
CCPlease no!

Don't close the channels, take appropriate actions against those who make a mess regardless of the fact the channel is official or not.

- stay classy folks! -
lolcorpholder alt
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#197 - 2014-09-27 18:46:52 UTC  |  Edited by: lolcorpholder alt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4NZUOGj8vY

Killing is just a means of communication. Such a shame CCP doesnt seem to want us to communicate
Dorijan
W-Space IT Department
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#198 - 2014-09-27 19:05:23 UTC
Finally.
Cookasoo delos
Fuel Blocks for Dante
#199 - 2014-09-27 19:16:11 UTC
OK mans time to wake up, i think close the community by doing this is a wrong idea please don't close the small community chats :)
Meleric
Verteidiger des wahren Bloedsinns
#200 - 2014-09-27 20:26:35 UTC
Yeah ... german channel is mostly like hell .. especially for newbies. But hey, EVE is cruicial, isn't it, CCP? That's what YOU wanted EVE had to be. I have to admit ... it could still be fun. Even for the trolls ... mostly they redirect the "unloved" noobs to help channel.

Sorry, I don't get it. You do this because of some morons in that channels? You have banned users for less ... I just read a blog on the internet. Punishing every "foreign" language is not the way to handle this IMHO.

Let's think about the consequences .... some players will open the old language channels and most of the new players will think "Hey cool ... a channel in my language." If the get scammed or something else, then they will yell for support. And what will happen? "No official channel ... sorry, not our problem." Are you really sure? Please reconsider.