These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Player entities we cannot do without?

First post First post
Author
GreenSeed
#21 - 2014-09-23 14:53:05 UTC
if we lost the gankers and griefers this game would suck.
Foxstar Damaskeenus
why did i join this corp
Not Purple Shoot It.
#22 - 2014-09-23 15:16:50 UTC
Without a doubt, Eve Uni. Somebody has to train new players and I' glad it's not me.

Also, I love the uniwiki.

Black Frog Freight also.

"[this thread] is a cesspit of trolling and flaming" ISD Buldath

Guttripper
State War Academy
Caldari State
#23 - 2014-09-23 15:30:32 UTC
The most important person (or people) that one cannot do without are the mostly "unknown" masses that you would consider your corp mates, friends, or in-game enemies. If they were to leave the game, whereas you can always find new people to fill those roles, those that you have a "special" bond with and have fond memories are those that would be hardest to replace while your desire to play would quickly wane.

Of course, I could be wrong.
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#24 - 2014-09-23 16:00:04 UTC
Yeah... the one player entity we can't afford to lose.... the CASUAL GAMER.

Lose a few thousand more of those and it won't matter who the "celebs" are... the red ink at CCP will have a much, much bigger effect on the game overall than a handfull of famous players.

Shocked

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

RomeStar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#25 - 2014-09-23 16:53:53 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Sibyyl wrote:
Same goes for the existing members of CSM.

Actually came up at the summit. (Leeloo talked about it on Crossing Zebras, so I can mention it)

We've talked about how to remove and replace inactive members of the CSM. It'll come from CCP, with agreement from the CSM.

A slot used up by an inactive member makes the CSM less useful to CCP, so being able to remove a member who's doing /nothing/ makes the CSM, as a whole, more useful. (This doesn't cover short term inactivity)

CCP just need to replace the entire CSM 9 IMO. What have you guys done for us plebs since you have taken office besides wasting oxygen?

Signatured removed, CCP Phantom

Anslo
Scope Works
#26 - 2014-09-23 17:00:57 UTC
May Chribba forever play, and may his holy veldspar bless us all.

Amen.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Lady Ayeipsia
BlueWaffe
#27 - 2014-09-23 18:21:49 UTC
Red vs Blue.... Who else cause the destruction of so many frigs, dessies, and crusiers in eve?
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#28 - 2014-09-23 18:37:12 UTC
I can think of a few.

But only if you consider the forum as part of the game.

Mr Epeen Cool
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#29 - 2014-09-23 19:05:58 UTC
Nobody is irreplaceable but the friends you fight with (or against) regularly.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Krell Kroenen
The Devil's Shadow
#30 - 2014-09-23 19:24:06 UTC
Lady Ayeipsia wrote:
Red vs Blue.... Who else cause the destruction of so many frigs, dessies, and crusiers in eve?

Seems like the Burner Missions have the frigate killing crown (by isk any way). If CCP expands them to larger ships then they will have the other categories covered as well :)

KuroVolt
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2014-09-23 22:31:43 UTC
I am obviously biased.

But what would nullsec be without Providence?

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#32 - 2014-09-23 23:00:09 UTC
DusternBliksm wrote:
Is there any player entity in the game right now who's disapearance would either be concidered a huge loss to the community or would at the very least change the game as we know it?

Share your opinions on who and why.

You are certainly NOT on that list.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#33 - 2014-09-23 23:03:35 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:
Nobody is irreplaceable but the friends you fight with (or against) regularly.

^ This person is someone the game (or technically forums) can not live without.

What would happen to GD if Ezwal would leave now...Twisted

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#34 - 2014-09-24 00:11:39 UTC
Abrazzar wrote:
Goonswarm. Who else would we hate then? CODE. ? Please. I still have some dignity left.

GRRR GOONS !

beyond some authors trying to fix null, i dont even see how goons are even relevant anymore. it seems to mee, with the exception of a few publiciy stunts, gooms havent been doing much the past years. whichis sad, as they used to be such potent content generators. people dont even hate goons like they used to. hate has been replaced with apathy. which is also sad, because hate is fun to read.

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#35 - 2014-09-24 00:26:37 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Steve Ronuken wrote:
(This doesn't cover short term inactivity)

then it's pointless.

the csm itself is short term, if you're only doing it for extended absences the damage has already been done by having some one inactive for so long.

Even CCP is capable of acknowledging that your average person can't dedicate 8 hours a day to talking about spaceship things.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Xenuria
#36 - 2014-09-24 00:27:34 UTC
Rhes wrote:
Xenuria wrote:
That said I think we can all agree that I am an essential part of this community.

Hockles would disagree.

He doesn't play eve, how many times do you have to be told this?
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2014-09-24 00:31:00 UTC
Xenuria wrote:
Rhes wrote:
Xenuria wrote:
That said I think we can all agree that I am an essential part of this community.

Hockles would disagree.

He doesn't play eve, how many times do you have to be told this?

After what you did to him I hope he's getting treatment and not playing video games.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Ocih
Space Mermaids
#38 - 2014-09-24 00:35:43 UTC
KuroVolt wrote:
I am obviously biased.

But what would nullsec be without Providence?

Renters blue donut.

We have proof.

Unlike so many other 'provi graduates' I never threw Provi under the bus when I left. It's a core foundation in EVE.
Vyl Vit
#39 - 2014-09-24 02:46:20 UTC
DusternBliksm wrote:
Is there any player entity in the game right now who's disapearance would either be concidered a huge loss to the community or would at the very least change the game as we know it?
Share your opinions on who and why.
Why? Are you planning on kidnapping someone?

Paradise is like where you are right now, only much, much better.

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#40 - 2014-09-24 02:52:13 UTC
Lady Ayeipsia wrote:

And they actually work very hard at being fair, sane and reasonable to all. Not an easy job, when their whole existence is based around internal members trying to kill each other around the clock.....

o7 RvB leadership--- you have the patience of Job, the wisdom of Solomon, and the strength of Samson.