These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Probe

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Probe Installer 0.82.6614.0

First post First post First post
Author
TheSmokingHertog
Julia's Interstellar Trade Emperium
#121 - 2014-09-21 00:37:50 UTC
Merida DunBrogh wrote:
Using the screensaver, I came back after ~6 hours probably, and the screensaver had crashed(CCPexefile has stopped responding)
Caused my PC to lock up for about 15 seconds before it finally went back to my log-in screen.

It crashed over here too, same warning.

"Dogma is kind of like quantum physics, observing the dogma state will change it." ~ CCP Prism X

"Schrödinger's Missile. I dig it." ~ Makari Aeron

-= "Brain in a Box on Singularity" - April 2015 =-

Aineko Macx
#122 - 2014-09-21 05:50:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Aineko Macx
CCP Snorlax wrote:
Pete Butcher wrote:
Hmm... Visually there seems to be a little stutter in all tests, but the results show 24, 93, 90, 53 and 38 FPS. Are you sure you get those metrics right or are my eyes lying to me?

These FPS numbers are averages for the scene as a whole - the stutter comes from irregular frame rate. We'll be working on smoothing these issues out as much as we can.

Since the FPS are fluctuating wildly, I hope you are collecting more than just avg frame rate, i.e. number of frames rendered each second or render times + standard deviation.
I mean, the eve client has always had dips in the fps when objects spawn or despawn on grid (or even just opening a context menu), but the stutter in Probe is even more severe.
Merida DunBrogh
Black Screen Of Raging Defeat
#123 - 2014-09-21 20:56:13 UTC
To give some more info on the Screensaver crash:
It's in Dutch, but it is the info the "Show more details" gave upon the crash.

Probleemhandtekening:
Gebeurtenisnaam van probleem: APPCRASH
Naam van de toepassing: exefile.exe
Versie van toepassing: 2014.7.80.9833
Tijdstempel van toepassing: 53bacd25
Naam van foutmodule: _trinity_dx11_deploy.dll
Versie van foutmodule: 2014.9.82.6048
Tijdstempel van foutmodule: 54180d00
Uitzonderingscode: c0000005
Uitzonderingsmarge: 0007c943
Versie van besturingssysteem: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Landinstelling-id: 1043
Aanvullende informatie 1: 0a9e
Aanvullende informatie 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Aanvullende informatie 3: 0a9e
Aanvullende informatie 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Lees de onlineprivacyverklaring:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0413

Als de onlineprivacyverklaring niet beschikbaar is, lees dan onze offlineprivacyverklaring:
C:\Windows\system32\nl-NL\erofflps.txt
CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#124 - 2014-09-22 12:58:34 UTC
We've updated EVE Probe, hopefully fixing the crash we've seen in particles as well as addressing an issue with getting logs. Thanks to all who tried the first release - I hope you'll find the time to test this and future updates as well.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

Sentient Blade
Crisis Atmosphere
Coalition of the Unfortunate
#125 - 2014-09-22 13:24:26 UTC
CCP Snorlax wrote:
We've updated EVE Probe, hopefully fixing the crash we've seen in particles as well as addressing an issue with getting logs. Thanks to all who tried the first release - I hope you'll find the time to test this and future updates as well.

Can you please get an auto-updater in it ASAP. I and I dare say most other people would be happy to have it update in the background.
CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#126 - 2014-09-22 13:35:45 UTC
Sentient Blade wrote:
CCP Snorlax wrote:

Can you please get an auto-updater in it ASAP. I and I dare say most other people would be happy to have it update in the background.

That is something we have thought about, just haven't had time to implement that yet.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

Vic Vorlon
Malevelon Roe Industries
Convocation of Empyreans
#127 - 2014-09-22 13:49:16 UTC
CCP Snorlax wrote:

Can we get a link to the new version? I tried re-downloading the version linked in the original post in this thread, but I suspect I just downloaded the same version I already had. I'm still getting the same behaviour where the client starts, then quietly closes a few seconds later. I see nothing at all happen; perhaps its because I'm behind a corporate firewall and eveprobe can't download anything it needs?
Sentient Blade
Crisis Atmosphere
Coalition of the Unfortunate
#128 - 2014-09-22 13:56:24 UTC
CCP Snorlax wrote:
That is something we have thought about, just haven't had time to implement that yet.

It's probably the single most important thing you could release right now, please make time :)
Makari Aeron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#129 - 2014-09-22 14:03:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Makari Aeron
CCP Snorlax wrote:
Sentient Blade wrote:
CCP Snorlax wrote:

Honestly, EVE Probe isn't that large of a file (excluding the assets it downloads after installation). Couldn't you fine folks have the launcher team put a little icon or link somewhere on the launcher for EVE Probe which, when clicked, runs EVE Probe? The program the EVE Launcher links to actually checks checks for a new update prior to running the program. If there is an update it prompts the user to accept the update and then runs the EVE Probe "launcher". If there is no update it exits quietly and runs the EVE Probe "launcher". If EVE Probe has never been run before, then said link would install EVE Probe. This way EVE Probe is included in the EVE files but not natively installed in case the user does not wish to utilize the tool.

Broken down:

1. Current EVE Launcher (link to EVE Probe)
  2. Installation/Updater Middle-man (if not installed, checks for newest update and installs it. If installed, checks for update. If up-to-date, exits quietly and handshakes with the EVE Probe Launcher)
  3. EVE Probe Launcher (downloads assets as needed. Checks if EVE is running and gives a warning to the user that EVE clients will affect EVE Probe performance)

CCP RedDawn: Ugly people are just playing life on HARD mode. Personally, I'm playing on an INFERNO difficulty.

CCP Goliath: I often believe that the best way to get something done is to shout at the person trying to help you. http://goo.gl/PKGDP

CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#130 - 2014-09-22 14:05:18 UTC
Vic Vorlon wrote:
CCP Snorlax wrote:

Can we get a link to the new version? I tried re-downloading the version linked in the original post in this thread, but I suspect I just downloaded the same version I already had. I'm still getting the same behaviour where the client starts, then quietly closes a few seconds later. I see nothing at all happen; perhaps its because I'm behind a corporate firewall and eveprobe can't download anything it needs?

I've started a new thread with the link to the new installer.

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#131 - 2014-09-24 08:33:06 UTC
CCP Snorlax wrote:
I've started a new thread with the link to the new installer.
The new thread can be found here.

As to avoid confusion on where to discuss the latest version of EVE Probe and considering the fact this thread has become redundant, it gets a lock.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)