These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

How much did you lose on your T2 bpo?

First post
Author
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#81 - 2014-09-28 00:02:42 UTC
I have removed a rule breaking post and those quoting it.
And people, please keep it on topic! This is not a thread to debate the validity of the existence of TII BPO's as such.

The Rules:
5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#82 - 2014-09-28 04:21:46 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:

Most of the people that campaign for T2 BPOs to be left in do so because they make a lot of isk flipping and using them, with very little risk. Outside of exceptional times like now where prices are all over the place, T2 BPOs are profitable and maintain their value. Hardly the level of risk I'd expect from a "hardcore" game like EVE.

Let me remind you that EvE is a Sun Tsu game:

"What the ancients called a clever fighter is one who not only wins, but excels in winning with ease"
I constantly hear crying over how risk is a part of EVE, yet there's a mechanic with no counter and very low risk available for end gamers. Hardly sounds like the hardcore game it's put forward to be.

Continue to protect the broken mechanic so you can make easy isk all you want. CCP understand it needs to be nuked and are doing so. I just hope they have the guts to push fully through with it.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Zahara Cody
Imperial Corrections Service.
#83 - 2014-09-28 05:48:54 UTC
There has always been an inherent risk with T2 bpos. Ship changes, module changes, industry changes... It's why one Scimitar BPO sells for 525 bil, the next one sells for 320 bil, and now you'd be lucky to sell for 125 bil. You speak as if T2 bpos were always sold for more... I've seen plenty sell for a loss or not sell at all... Have you actually traded in T2 bpos? Or have you only seen people brag about the wins and say nothing about the losses... you seem to know an awful lot about things you don't do... i.e. T2 BPO trading/invention

Hating is free, that's why poor people do it the best.

Zahara Cody
#84 - 2014-09-28 05:55:30 UTC
You also ran the risk of buying a bpo that looked very profitable, but whose market was being controlled, manipulated and played... you buy expecting 5 - 10 bil profit a year, but suddenly find the market crashed and the bpo is now barely profitable and way more product on the market.

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#85 - 2014-09-28 09:58:00 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:

Most of the people that campaign for T2 BPOs to be left in do so because they make a lot of isk flipping and using them, with very little risk. Outside of exceptional times like now where prices are all over the place, T2 BPOs are profitable and maintain their value. Hardly the level of risk I'd expect from a "hardcore" game like EVE.

"What the ancients called a clever fighter is one who not only wins, but excels in winning with ease"
I constantly hear crying over how risk is a part of EVE, yet there's a mechanic with no counter and very low risk available for end gamers. Hardly sounds like the hardcore game it's put forward to be.

Continue to protect the broken mechanic so you can make easy isk all you want. CCP understand it needs to be nuked and are doing so. I just hope they have the guts to push fully through with it.

Did I say I ever owned a single T2 BPO? No.

Why? Because I never cared to.

Because I have never had any issue making tons of money via invention.

Despite it's a totally secondary activity of mine, I have made 100B on two invented BPCs before the mining revamp patch.
I truly got screwed by T2 BPO owners!
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#86 - 2014-09-28 14:54:10 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:

Despite it's a totally secondary activity of mine, I have made 100B on two invented BPCs before the mining revamp patch.
And? When was I saying that invention is unprofitable due to T2 BPOs? Invention is profitable and will become more so as CCP nuke T2 BPOs as they should.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Rthor
Smugglers Inc.
#87 - 2014-09-29 06:28:02 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:

And? When was I saying that invention is unprofitable due to T2 BPOs? Invention is profitable and will become more so as CCP nuke T2 BPOs as they should.

It is not a thread to debate validity of t2 bpo as such. Stay on topic Lucas Kell.
Shiloh Templeton
Cheyenne HET Co
#88 - 2014-09-29 18:16:53 UTC
Quote:
CCP Greyscale indicated that [CCP] thought the price of T2 BPOs should take their eventual nerf into account. Furthermore, he hinted, but did not outright say, that T2 BPOs would eventually be removed, but no date was given. TheMittani.com
If this is the case, rather than just nuke T2 BPO's and screw the owners, perhaps CCP could drop the max ME/TE of T2 BPO's by 1/2 % a year until they are the same as invented T2 BPC's.
Mr LaboratoryRat
Confederation of DuckTape Lovers
#89 - 2014-09-30 15:23:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr LaboratoryRat
Lucas Kell wrote:

Lol? They usually throw bans around, declare things exploits, and undo stuff. Like the fac five stuff or the bounty exploit in Crius. CCP are not at all against just nuking things out of the game when they mess up. The only reason T2 BPOs survived is because at the time it was the GMs handing them out to all their mates and CCP hadn't really got into the mindset of nuking things out. If the original T2 BPO situation was happening right now instead you'd all be finding yourselves sitting starting at your T1 BPO equivalents quicker than you can blink.

And to be perfectly honest, a game company that refuses to take decisive action because a few people will cry about it is hardly going about it the right way. They are instead going to keep taking whacks at them until T2 BPOs are pretty much useless and everyone involved is all whined out or gone, then they'll drop them from industry use. In the long run it's going to be more painful than the "one quick jolt and done", even if people actively investing in them are too blinded by bias to see it.

You seeem to bee sooooo sure... can you support your "claims"? do you have inside knowlage
Mr LaboratoryRat
Confederation of DuckTape Lovers
#90 - 2014-09-30 15:30:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr LaboratoryRat
Lucas Kell wrote:

At you know who: You see, i said so.. now pay up my bet!

Yay! Thx Lucas, i just won 20b Big smile

To hook into the conversation, lucas.... you schould ask Free Moon Industies how profitable T2 bpo reselling is.... I think hes still stuck with about 150 prints that just lost 75% of their buy value LolLolLolLolLolLol
I wonder if hes still that arogant anymore.

Brb, need to dump this T2 market with my not-worth-to-produce-t2-bpo's-so-im-going-to-crash-the-marging-forever T2 bpo's, cause what i mine is free right? and its only loss when i sell right?
Zahara Cody
#91 - 2014-09-30 16:45:49 UTC
Dump everything T2! \o/

Mohandar Sabezan
Doomheim
#92 - 2014-10-06 06:10:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Mohandar Sabezan
Lucas Kell wrote:
Bad Bobby wrote:
I think that EVE's longevity is dependent on the sandbox. It's strength is in catering for a wide variety of interests and playstyles. Cutting out playstyles and forcing players to choose between a "variety" of similarly contrived grind mechanics is, I feel, the wrong way to go.

T2 BPOs are far from perfect, like pretty much everything in EVE. I'd say they need change, like pretty much everything in EVE. But I'd like to see that change be pro-sandbox and pro-EVE. I certainly don't think that whatever happens should be decided on the basis of forum whining of any kind. I'm concerned that CCP will do something stupid, because there are many examples of CCP doing stupid things, but I hope they do something clever, because there are also many examples of them doing clever things.

Time will tell, either way.
T2 BPOs and invention can't really co-exist. You're always going to have some items dominated by one and some dominated by others. But CCP have already chosen, invention is here to stay, and when T2 BPOs get in the way of that, they will come off worse. I imagine that when they get around to announcing the full invention revamp there will be a few unhappy faces from the T2 BPO crowd, I honestly just can't see how or why they would try to preserve the productivity of T2 BPOs considering their source and history.

I think T2 BPO and Invention kind of like brand name drugs vs. generic drugs.

The original T2 BPO holders had their day just like when brand name drug first gets patented., it's good that they buffed invention, so people who don't have tech 2 bpo's get a bigger piece of the pie, and tech 2 modules becomes cheaper.
Mohandar Sabezan
Doomheim
#93 - 2014-10-06 06:23:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Mohandar Sabezan
Bad Bobby wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
just simple statements of facts.
You are not that stupid, you know the difference between facts and opinions, so let us not pretend otherwise.

Lucas Kell wrote:
Some of the owners of T2 BPOs though just sit around screaming about how they deserve compensation because they chose to pay ridiculous sums of isk for an outdated item. The level of entitlement coming off of T2 BPO owners is astounding.
We're not in General Discussion. There has been none of that in this thread. Why not keep it that way.

For myself, I just want what is best for the game.

We can all grow attached to our virtual assets, our characters, our corps, our alliances, whatever. But if the game dies then all of that goes with it.

I think that EVE's longevity is dependent on the sandbox. It's strength is in catering for a wide variety of interests and playstyles. Cutting out playstyles and forcing players to choose between a "variety" of similarly contrived grind mechanics is, I feel, the wrong way to go.

T2 BPOs are far from perfect, like pretty much everything in EVE. I'd say they need change, like pretty much everything in EVE. But I'd like to see that change be pro-sandbox and pro-EVE. I certainly don't think that whatever happens should be decided on the basis of forum whining of any kind. I'm concerned that CCP will do something stupid, because there are many examples of CCP doing stupid things, but I hope they do something clever, because there are also many examples of them doing clever things.

Time will tell, either way.

I haven't played for about a year (although I kept my subscriptions active to support Eve). Seems like the game is stagnating, not doing so well. The concurrent user chart on Eve-Offline is going down. I wonder how the company's finance is doing in terms of profits. Since last I checked, they took a big loss due to Dust 514. If the loss continues, then they would either shut down the game or sell it, like any other mmo.

But at least PLEX should be going up over the long term, since there's not enough new players willing to convert their money into PLEX, while older players who stay with the game get richer and bid up the PLEX. Unless if they can find some way to get a massive influx of new players, or if the older players start quitting 1 by 1.