These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Oceanus] Interdictor Updates

First post
Author
Ravcharas
Infinite Point
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#81 - 2014-09-18 18:08:16 UTC
scorchlikeshiswhiskey wrote:

You caught me, guess I'll go back to my bridge and stop questioning why CCP decided to nerf an entire weapon system with that 6% RoF reduction.

No, you're right. Our operation -- nay! the stability of all of political nullsec, was being threatened by lml-boats. They just had to go.
Phaade
Proioxis Assault Force
Rogue Caldari Union
#82 - 2014-09-18 18:42:12 UTC
God's Apples wrote:
Seems reasonable. I wish the flycatcher could get a 8/4/2 slot layout, but at least now it's going to be actually viable as an alternative to the heretic and has the role of ~siqq~ alpha.

Don't see why you're nerfing missiles again tho...

Hey look, it's the drone exploit user.

And because it's slowly devolved to drones online. You of all people should know this.
Tiger Tesla
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#83 - 2014-09-18 19:26:45 UTC
Gorski Car wrote:
First they came for the Tracking Enhacers, and I did not speak out—
Because I didn't have tracking enhacers fitted

Then they came for the Tier 3 Battlecrusiers, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Tier 3 Pilot

Then they came for the Skirmish Boosts, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Linked Pilot

Then they came for my Light Missiles
-and there was no one left to speak for me

Promiscuous Female
GBS Logistics and Fives Support
Goonswarm Federation
#84 - 2014-09-18 20:01:52 UTC
the funny thing about this thread is that all of you people butchering Martin Niemöller are just falling into the same trap

namely: you chase the overpowered fotm, then get sideswiped by the inevitable nerf
Lady Rift
What Shall We Call It
#85 - 2014-09-18 20:39:30 UTC
why is it changes to missile systems also come with changes to missile ships? can't one happen and see the effects before both are changed at once.
Suitonia
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#86 - 2014-09-18 21:22:38 UTC
Lady Rift wrote:
why is it changes to missile systems also come with changes to missile ships? can't one happen and see the effects before both are changed at once.

All the Interdictor changes here are buffs to the ships.

The Heretic Damage -> ROF is a 7.6% DPS increase (which almost cancels out the 8% DPS loss from the 6% Rate of Fire penalty for LML) It's becoming a bit more mobile too, and don't forget the Rocket Heretic actually got a decent buff. The LML Heretic will probably be in the same position that it is in now (strong).

Flycatcher has gotten a significant boost. 16.6% DPS increase (The Flycatcher will have 10.5 effective Kinetic Launchers now). This is a 8.6% boost to raw DPS with light missiles, and a major boost to the Rocket Flycatcher.

Contributer to Eve is Easy:  https://www.youtube.com/user/eveiseasy/videos

Solo PvP is possible with a 20 day old character! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvOB4KXYk-o

Xorth Adimus
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#87 - 2014-09-18 21:40:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Xorth Adimus
Nice little buff on the flycatcher.. it is a shame rockets are so terrible (terrible range anemic damage application) and that squeezing a full rack of missiles is not something a flycatcher can do without some major fitting limitations. Give it the fittings to achieve this or stop pretending that all dictors can be used like most other destroyers (and sabres!) for anti tackle.

A survivability bonus on all dictors would be better, like a signiture reduction for instance.
Gorski Car
#88 - 2014-09-18 22:56:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Gorski Car
Phaade wrote:
God's Apples wrote:
Seems reasonable. I wish the flycatcher could get a 8/4/2 slot layout, but at least now it's going to be actually viable as an alternative to the heretic and has the role of ~siqq~ alpha.

And because it's slowly devolved to drones online. You of all people should know this.

Stay mad that the taskforce drone wizards swagged your entire militia HAHA you are the worst caldari you are worst militia. Remove caldari fw you are the militia smell haha
o7 to ur slava drones
rhiload we will nevr forget u borther))

i am slava
serb are warrioring race and born to kill and fihgt
we are rais to be power in mental energys and the strength
when i was in the forth year of the rossiyea flight school i make the pod explode and ask the corp for srp
ceo punch me in the guts in frotn of chat and tell me i am the pussie. and then he make me carry iterons out of station until midnite because the serbs are best in the fighteng and the sciences. we have slava drone now. and gecko power. we can desstroy hole world i. but we do not because we are the benelovent and defencers of the calicci fw.

serbs are resorseful and will do anythign to sorvive. you cannot beat a sebr in the medium outpost competiton.

Collect this post

Omega Crendraven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#89 - 2014-09-18 23:06:04 UTC
Gorski Car wrote:
Phaade wrote:
God's Apples wrote:

Stay mad that the taskforce drone wizards swagged your entire militia HAHA you are the worst caldari you are worst militia. Remove caldari fw you are the militia smell haha
o7 to ur slava drones

i am slava
when i was in the forth year of the rossiyea flight school i make the pod explode and ask the corp for srp
ceo punch me in the guts in frotn of chat and tell me i am the pussie. and then he make me carry iterons out of station until midnite because the serbs are best in the fighteng and the sciences. we have slava drone now. and gecko power. we can desstroy hole world i. but we do not because we are the benelovent and defencers of the calicci fw.

serbs are resorseful and will do anythign to sorvive. you cannot beat a sebr in the medium outpost competiton.

when my gret uncle was the eight year old the dei telum invaded akidagi his fatter beat dei telum vexor. he killed deitelum soljer to death with no weopin. that is how the strong serb is. when my gret grandmotter walking from the villige well to home the deitelum soljer shoot her in ankle. this is in ww1. hole village come out with hoes and the tools of the farming and butcher deitelum with falkon and gecko
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#90 - 2014-09-19 00:39:54 UTC
Omega Crendraven wrote:
-snip-
when my gret uncle was the eight year old the dei telum invaded akidagi his fatter beat dei telum vexor. he killed deitelum soljer to death with no weopin. that is how the strong serb is. when my gret grandmotter walking from the villige well to home the deitelum soljer shoot her in ankle. this is in ww1. hole village come out with hoes and the tools of the farming and butcher deitelum with falkon and gecko

Okay, cool story bro What?

But can we gat beck too eangrish pweeze??

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

God's Apples
Wildcard.
Boundary Experts
#91 - 2014-09-19 01:45:12 UTC
Omega Crendraven wrote:
Gorski Car wrote:
Phaade wrote:
God's Apples wrote:

o7 to ur slava drones

i am slava

Dei-telum genocide best day of my life )))

"Hydra Reloaded are just jealous / butthurt on me / us because we can get tons of PVP action in empire while they aren't good enough to get that." - NightmareX

Verdis deMosays
Spudden Attack
The Potato Alliance
#92 - 2014-09-19 01:49:26 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
There needs to be a new warp disruption bubble for the Interdictors that is capable of stopping interdiction immune ships.

Bake that in to Heavy Interdiction Cruisers and people will use them instead of the interdeadctors. Just a crazy idea.

*Onyx pilot signing off*
Maxwell Smiles
Exiled Kings
Pain And Compliance
#93 - 2014-09-19 10:02:48 UTC
Wouldn't the light missile "fix" be to increase explosion radius so it does less damage to frigate hulls while still able to apply its measly damage to cruiser and above hulls. I dont think i've ever balked from a 1v1 because they might be packing light missiles, usually you would laugh at their pathetic dps. Alternatively nerf light missile range and bring in a module and bring in a module that increases missile speed, pilots would then have to choose between range and dps, missile may then be able to outrun heavy drones again.
TrouserDeagle
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#94 - 2014-09-19 14:48:16 UTC
Maxwell Smiles wrote:
Wouldn't the light missile "fix" be to increase explosion radius so it does less damage to frigate hulls while still able to apply its measly damage to cruiser and above hulls. I dont think i've ever balked from a 1v1 because they might be packing light missiles, usually you would laugh at their pathetic dps. Alternatively nerf light missile range and bring in a module and bring in a module that increases missile speed, pilots would then have to choose between range and dps, missile may then be able to outrun heavy drones again.

no, the light missile fix would be halfing the range, while undoing the massive dps and signature buffs they got a few years back. also probably gutting their alpha substantially.
Gorski Car
#95 - 2014-09-19 17:55:09 UTC
TrouserDeagle wrote:
Maxwell Smiles wrote:

no, the light missile fix would be halfing the range, while undoing the massive dps and signature buffs they got a few years back. also probably gutting their alpha substantially.

Why not just remove light missile? you ******* ****** a range nerf is al they need m8er

Collect this post

Sal Landry
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#96 - 2014-09-19 18:00:51 UTC
Gorski Car wrote:

Why not just remove light missile? you ******* ****** a range nerf is al they need m8er

That's precisely what he wants. He thinks any module capable of adversely affecting frigates should be removed from the game. Roll
BraiZure Harloon
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#97 - 2014-09-19 18:04:55 UTC

Stop nerfing missiles. They aren't over powered compared to any other weapon systems. Why? As it stands other than BCS we have no support modules like Tracking comps enhancers and at top tier Gunnery weapons systems out DPS anything they have. Precision lights are useless in burner missions and PVP. What is the thinking behind the mass reduction and why is the Eris loosing ten times the mass that the Heretic is?
Code Redd
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#98 - 2014-09-19 18:10:52 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Eris:
Replace the +5% Small Hybrid damage bonus with +5% Small Hybrid RoF
-50000 Mass

Heretic:
Replace the +5% Missile damage bonus with +5% Rocket and Light Missile launcher RoF
-5000 Mass
-0.1 Inertia

Flycatcher:
+1 Launcher
+10 CPU
+3 PWG

I fly all of these, to one degree or another, and 1. The eris with the new bonus will have a RoF UNDER a second with ions, how is that going to mesh with the server ticks?

Heretic, with you god aweful light missile nerf (why? because a crow is op? it's not like th corax is OP, no one uses them), should be fine. will keep it from being a turd--but, tbh, needs some more EHP, just a hundred or so armor. It's missing a low, and an eris out-tanks it, even with the 4% resists. Needs more armor. just a little. because that resist bonus is TOTALLY useless when an eris does it a LOT better.

Flycatcher--fantastic change! it brings it into a unique class of having the largest alpha-volly in not only the whole class, but the whole of small/dessy sized missile ships, FINALLY a reason to fly it over a corax/hawk (yes, both those ships get the same damage as the current flycatcher). the 3 PG means i can pull out the PG implant from my head. ty.
TrouserDeagle
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#99 - 2014-09-19 18:12:00 UTC
Gorski Car wrote:
TrouserDeagle wrote:
Maxwell Smiles wrote:

and what kind of range nerf would you suggest m8, to bring them into line with beams/rails/arties
scorchlikeshiswhiskey
Totally Abstract
O X I D E
#100 - 2014-09-19 18:15:32 UTC  |  Edited by: scorchlikeshiswhiskey
BraiZure Harloon wrote:

Stop nerfing missiles. They aren't over powered compared to any other weapon systems. Why? As it stands other than BCS we have no support modules like Tracking comps enhancers and at top tier Gunnery weapons systems out DPS anything they have. Precision lights are useless in burner missions and PVP. What is the thinking behind the mass reduction and why is the Eris loosing ten times the mass that the Heretic is?

I'd say wait for the Dev blog/module balancing thread, but you could probably get an answer a lot quicker by asking your friendly neighborhood Goonie.
CCP has a long history of heavy-handed missile nerfs, i.e. the heavy missile nerf to "fix" the Drake or completely replacing the old RLML system with the new one. I can't say I'm entirely surprised that they're nerfing missiles again. Maybe the much touted metrics weren't showing enough use of RLML's on cruiser hulls so they wanted to "encourage" players to use RLML's over standard LM's so that players can enjoy the new Oceanus music while waiting for their launchers to reload instead of taking a short nap. Smile

EditL MIssiles are different from turrets, instead of having a steep range limitation you have the flexibility of a much larger engagement window with the penalty of flight time delaying your damage. So, if we're deadset on making missile range more like turrets, can I have insta-damage on my missiles too or are we only balancing via nerf?

As for the Flycatcher, I really would have liked to have the flexibility in fitting that a second low slot would allow, I'm just surprised that they decided to give it anything though instead of "balancing". Of course, with the ***** slap they just gave LML's, if I weren't already using rockets then I would be post-Oceanus.