These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Oceanus] Cyno Displacement Zone around starbases

First post First post
Author
Bob FromMarketing
Space Marketing Department
#61 - 2014-09-18 00:31:53 UTC
Capqu wrote:
*froths at the mouth*


I made a table comparing the previous cyno distance from the POS and the current cyno distance from the POS as it stands
Previous Range (m) New Range (m)
500 25000
1000 25000
1500 25000
2000 25000
2500 25000
3000 25000
3500 25000
4000 25000
4500 25000
5000 25000
5500 25000
6000 25000
6500 25000
7000 25000
7500 25000
8000 25000
8500 25000
9000 25000
9500 25000
10000 25000
10500 25000
11000 25000
11500 25000
12000 25000
12500 25000
13000 25000
13500 25000
14000 25000
14500 25000
15000 25000
15500 25000
16000 25000
16500 25000
17000 25000
17500 25000
18000 25000
18500 25000
19000 25000
19500 25000
20000 25000
20500 25000
21000 25000
21500 25000
22000 25000
22500 25000
23000 25000
23500 25000
24000 25000
24500 25000
25000 25000
Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#62 - 2014-09-18 00:32:45 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Any existing Jump Bridge and Cyno Generator Array structures will be automatically pushed away from their starbase's forcefield until they are 25km away.

Thanks, I didn't have any use for those 300+ bookmarks anyway. Evil
Angelica Scatterbrain
WH United
#63 - 2014-09-18 00:33:08 UTC
I have a crazy idea. How about just fixing the exploit and not screwing with the rest of the game? Weird huh? Or, admit your code is so dorked that you are incapable of fixing the exploit and have to screw with the rest of the game.
Jalebi
Tata Space Industries
#64 - 2014-09-18 00:33:58 UTC
Bob FromMarketing wrote:
Capqu wrote:
*froths at the mouth*


I made a table comparing the previous cyno distance from the POS and the current cyno distance from the POS as it stands
Previous Range (m) New Range (m)
500 25000
1000 25000
1500 25000
2000 25000
2500 25000
3000 25000
3500 25000
4000 25000
4500 25000
5000 25000
5500 25000
6000 25000
6500 25000
7000 25000
7500 25000
8000 25000
8500 25000
9000 25000
9500 25000
10000 25000
10500 25000
11000 25000
11500 25000
12000 25000
12500 25000
13000 25000
13500 25000
14000 25000
14500 25000
15000 25000
15500 25000
16000 25000
16500 25000
17000 25000
17500 25000
18000 25000
18500 25000
19000 25000
19500 25000
20000 25000
20500 25000
21000 25000
21500 25000
22000 25000
22500 25000
23000 25000
23500 25000
24000 25000
24500 25000
25000 25000


can you convert this to kilomiles
Oh Takashawa
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#65 - 2014-09-18 00:34:08 UTC
Bob FromMarketing wrote:
Capqu wrote:
*froths at the mouth*


I made a table comparing the previous cyno distance from the POS and the current cyno distance from the POS as it stands
Previous Range (m) New Range (m)
500 25000
1000 25000
1500 25000
2000 25000
2500 25000
3000 25000
3500 25000
4000 25000
4500 25000
5000 25000
5500 25000
6000 25000
6500 25000
7000 25000
7500 25000
8000 25000
8500 25000
9000 25000
9500 25000
10000 25000
10500 25000
11000 25000
11500 25000
12000 25000
12500 25000
13000 25000
13500 25000
14000 25000
14500 25000
15000 25000
15500 25000
16000 25000
16500 25000
17000 25000
17500 25000
18000 25000
18500 25000
19000 25000
19500 25000
20000 25000
20500 25000
21000 25000
21500 25000
22000 25000
22500 25000
23000 25000
23500 25000
24000 25000
24500 25000
25000 25000

Don't forget to add force field radius to this to calculate your minimum necessary range if you want to cyno in and actually shoot the damn things. Oh, you wanted to fit close-range guns? Eat a ****. Why? Because this is easier.
Bob FromMarketing
Space Marketing Department
#66 - 2014-09-18 00:37:30 UTC
Jalebi wrote:
Bob FromMarketing wrote:
Capqu wrote:
*froths at the mouth*


I made a table comparing the previous cyno distance from the POS and the current cyno distance from the POS as it stands
Previous Range (m) New Range (m)
500 25000
1000 25000
1500 25000
2000 25000
2500 25000
3000 25000
3500 25000
4000 25000
4500 25000
5000 25000
5500 25000
6000 25000
6500 25000
7000 25000
7500 25000
8000 25000
8500 25000
9000 25000
9500 25000
10000 25000
10500 25000
11000 25000
11500 25000
12000 25000
12500 25000
13000 25000
13500 25000
14000 25000
14500 25000
15000 25000
15500 25000
16000 25000
16500 25000
17000 25000
17500 25000
18000 25000
18500 25000
19000 25000
19500 25000
20000 25000
20500 25000
21000 25000
21500 25000
22000 25000
22500 25000
23000 25000
23500 25000
24000 25000
24500 25000
25000 25000


can you convert this to kilomiles


I think so

Previous Range (kilomiles) New Range (Kilomiles)
310.6855961 15534.27981
621.3711922 15534.27981
932.0567884 15534.27981
1242.742384 15534.27981
1553.427981 15534.27981
1864.113577 15534.27981
2174.799173 15534.27981
2485.484769 15534.27981
2796.170365 15534.27981
3106.855961 15534.27981
3417.541557 15534.27981
3728.227153 15534.27981
4038.91275 15534.27981
4349.598346 15534.27981
4660.283942 15534.27981
4970.969538 15534.27981
5281.655134 15534.27981
5592.34073 15534.27981
5903.026326 15534.27981
6213.711922 15534.27981
6524.397518 15534.27981
6835.083115 15534.27981
7145.768711 15534.27981
7456.454307 15534.27981
7767.139903 15534.27981
8077.825499 15534.27981
8388.511095 15534.27981
8699.196691 15534.27981
9009.882287 15534.27981
9320.567884 15534.27981
9631.25348 15534.27981
9941.939076 15534.27981
10252.62467 15534.27981
10563.31027 15534.27981
10873.99586 15534.27981
11184.68146 15534.27981
11495.36706 15534.27981
11806.05265 15534.27981
12116.73825 15534.27981
12427.42384 15534.27981
12738.10944 15534.27981
13048.79504 15534.27981
13359.48063 15534.27981
13670.16623 15534.27981
13980.85183 15534.27981
14291.53742 15534.27981
14602.22302 15534.27981
14912.90861 15534.27981
15223.59421 15534.27981
15534.27981 15534.27981
Arnak Arareb
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#67 - 2014-09-18 00:38:29 UTC
" oh dude, my titan is tackled outside the POS oh golly good thing I have a cyno to bring in triage ! , oh **** can't light within 25 KM "


RIP
Capqu
Half Empty
#68 - 2014-09-18 00:38:55 UTC
Bob FromMarketing wrote:
Jalebi wrote:
Bob FromMarketing wrote:
Capqu wrote:
*froths at the mouth*


I made a table comparing the previous cyno distance from the POS and the current cyno distance from the POS as it stands
Previous Range (m) New Range (m)
500 25000
1000 25000
1500 25000
2000 25000
2500 25000
3000 25000
3500 25000
4000 25000
4500 25000
5000 25000
5500 25000
6000 25000
6500 25000
7000 25000
7500 25000
8000 25000
8500 25000
9000 25000
9500 25000
10000 25000
10500 25000
11000 25000
11500 25000
12000 25000
12500 25000
13000 25000
13500 25000
14000 25000
14500 25000
15000 25000
15500 25000
16000 25000
16500 25000
17000 25000
17500 25000
18000 25000
18500 25000
19000 25000
19500 25000
20000 25000
20500 25000
21000 25000
21500 25000
22000 25000
22500 25000
23000 25000
23500 25000
24000 25000
24500 25000
25000 25000


can you convert this to kilomiles


I think so

Previous Range (kilomiles) New Range (Kilomiles)
310.6855961 15534.27981
621.3711922 15534.27981
932.0567884 15534.27981
1242.742384 15534.27981
1553.427981 15534.27981
1864.113577 15534.27981
2174.799173 15534.27981
2485.484769 15534.27981
2796.170365 15534.27981
3106.855961 15534.27981
3417.541557 15534.27981
3728.227153 15534.27981
4038.91275 15534.27981
4349.598346 15534.27981
4660.283942 15534.27981
4970.969538 15534.27981
5281.655134 15534.27981
5592.34073 15534.27981
5903.026326 15534.27981
6213.711922 15534.27981
6524.397518 15534.27981
6835.083115 15534.27981
7145.768711 15534.27981
7456.454307 15534.27981
7767.139903 15534.27981
8077.825499 15534.27981
8388.511095 15534.27981
8699.196691 15534.27981
9009.882287 15534.27981
9320.567884 15534.27981
9631.25348 15534.27981
9941.939076 15534.27981
10252.62467 15534.27981
10563.31027 15534.27981
10873.99586 15534.27981
11184.68146 15534.27981
11495.36706 15534.27981
11806.05265 15534.27981
12116.73825 15534.27981
12427.42384 15534.27981
12738.10944 15534.27981
13048.79504 15534.27981
13359.48063 15534.27981
13670.16623 15534.27981
13980.85183 15534.27981
14291.53742 15534.27981
14602.22302 15534.27981
14912.90861 15534.27981
15223.59421 15534.27981
15534.27981 15534.27981


good maths tho
Bob FromMarketing
Space Marketing Department
#69 - 2014-09-18 00:40:43 UTC
Capqu wrote:
Bob FromMarketing wrote:
Jalebi wrote:
Bob FromMarketing wrote:
Capqu wrote:
*froths at the mouth*


I made a table comparing the previous cyno distance from the POS and the current cyno distance from the POS as it stands
Previous Range (m) New Range (m)
500 25000
1000 25000
1500 25000
2000 25000
2500 25000
3000 25000
3500 25000
4000 25000
4500 25000
5000 25000
5500 25000
6000 25000
6500 25000
7000 25000
7500 25000
8000 25000
8500 25000
9000 25000
9500 25000
10000 25000
10500 25000
11000 25000
11500 25000
12000 25000
12500 25000
13000 25000
13500 25000
14000 25000
14500 25000
15000 25000
15500 25000
16000 25000
16500 25000
17000 25000
17500 25000
18000 25000
18500 25000
19000 25000
19500 25000
20000 25000
20500 25000
21000 25000
21500 25000
22000 25000
22500 25000
23000 25000
23500 25000
24000 25000
24500 25000
25000 25000


can you convert this to kilomiles


I think so

Previous Range (kilomiles) New Range (Kilomiles)
310.6855961 15534.27981
621.3711922 15534.27981
932.0567884 15534.27981
1242.742384 15534.27981
1553.427981 15534.27981
1864.113577 15534.27981
2174.799173 15534.27981
2485.484769 15534.27981
2796.170365 15534.27981
3106.855961 15534.27981
3417.541557 15534.27981
3728.227153 15534.27981
4038.91275 15534.27981
4349.598346 15534.27981
4660.283942 15534.27981
4970.969538 15534.27981
5281.655134 15534.27981
5592.34073 15534.27981
5903.026326 15534.27981
6213.711922 15534.27981
6524.397518 15534.27981
6835.083115 15534.27981
7145.768711 15534.27981
7456.454307 15534.27981
7767.139903 15534.27981
8077.825499 15534.27981
8388.511095 15534.27981
8699.196691 15534.27981
9009.882287 15534.27981
9320.567884 15534.27981
9631.25348 15534.27981
9941.939076 15534.27981
10252.62467 15534.27981
10563.31027 15534.27981
10873.99586 15534.27981
11184.68146 15534.27981
11495.36706 15534.27981
11806.05265 15534.27981
12116.73825 15534.27981
12427.42384 15534.27981
12738.10944 15534.27981
13048.79504 15534.27981
13359.48063 15534.27981
13670.16623 15534.27981
13980.85183 15534.27981
14291.53742 15534.27981
14602.22302 15534.27981
14912.90861 15534.27981
15223.59421 15534.27981
15534.27981 15534.27981


good maths tho



Thanks bb
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#70 - 2014-09-18 00:52:07 UTC
Oh Takashawa wrote:
Because what EVE really needs are mechanics that make certain ships absolutely mandatory or you shouldn't even bother.


installing ihub upgrades requires one of four ships
doomsdaying something requires one of four ships
fighterbombers require one of five ships
webbing something at a long range requires one of three ships
pointing something at a long range requires one of three ships

i can go on about mechanics that make certain ships absolutely mandatory but i'm sure you get the picture by now

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Adwokat Diabla
WeebFleet
Tsundere Triad
#71 - 2014-09-18 00:57:25 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Hello everyone.
In our upcoming Oceanus release we are planning to make a change to the rules surrounding the way Cynos and Starbases interact. These new rules will help mitigate the issues surrounding jumping capitals sometimes colliding with ships inside a starbase forcefield.

Currently you can light cynosural beacons as long as you are outside the forcefield. After this change, cynos will not be lightable within 25km of the forcefield edge. If for any reason a cyno is active within 25km of a forcefield (if the cyno was lit before the password was entered for instance) then any ships jumping to that cyno will appear within 5km of a point that is a minimum of 25km from the forcefield (instead of appearing around the cyno).

At the same time we will also be increasing the minimum distance that Jump Bridges and Cyno Generator Arrays may be anchored from the forcefield to 25km. The maximum distance away from the control tower that any structure can be anchored will be increased to 55km/60km/65km for small/medium/large starbases respectively. Any existing Jump Bridge and Cyno Generator Array structures will be automatically pushed away from their starbase's forcefield until they are 25km away.

This change does increase the risk involved in cynoing to starbases in some situations, but in our opinion this added risk is both acceptable and desirable.


I agree that it is a nice change, although it would be great if you would extend it to 30km away with respect to the cyno gens next to a force field. More then once I have had a carrier slowboat into a pos-shield and, while this will probably fix that problem especially for errant thannies/niddies, archons and chimeras may still present a problem where they can slowboat into a pos force-field vs a solo super. I am also really happy to see one of Black Legion's favourite little bugs getting fixed with regards to force-fields that have yet to be activated.
Tiberizzle
Your Mom Heavy Industries
Goonswarm Federation
#72 - 2014-09-18 00:57:40 UTC
Capqu wrote:
Bob FromMarketing wrote:
Jalebi wrote:
Bob FromMarketing wrote:
Capqu wrote:
*froths at the mouth*


I made a table comparing the previous cyno distance from the POS and the current cyno distance from the POS as it stands
Previous Range (m) New Range (m)
500 25000
1000 25000
1500 25000
2000 25000
2500 25000
3000 25000
3500 25000
4000 25000
4500 25000
5000 25000
5500 25000
6000 25000
6500 25000
7000 25000
7500 25000
8000 25000
8500 25000
9000 25000
9500 25000
10000 25000
10500 25000
11000 25000
11500 25000
12000 25000
12500 25000
13000 25000
13500 25000
14000 25000
14500 25000
15000 25000
15500 25000
16000 25000
16500 25000
17000 25000
17500 25000
18000 25000
18500 25000
19000 25000
19500 25000
20000 25000
20500 25000
21000 25000
21500 25000
22000 25000
22500 25000
23000 25000
23500 25000
24000 25000
24500 25000
25000 25000


can you convert this to kilomiles


I think so

Previous Range (kilomiles) New Range (Kilomiles)
310.6855961 15534.27981
621.3711922 15534.27981
932.0567884 15534.27981
1242.742384 15534.27981
1553.427981 15534.27981
1864.113577 15534.27981
2174.799173 15534.27981
2485.484769 15534.27981
2796.170365 15534.27981
3106.855961 15534.27981
3417.541557 15534.27981
3728.227153 15534.27981
4038.91275 15534.27981
4349.598346 15534.27981
4660.283942 15534.27981
4970.969538 15534.27981
5281.655134 15534.27981
5592.34073 15534.27981
5903.026326 15534.27981
6213.711922 15534.27981
6524.397518 15534.27981
6835.083115 15534.27981
7145.768711 15534.27981
7456.454307 15534.27981
7767.139903 15534.27981
8077.825499 15534.27981
8388.511095 15534.27981
8699.196691 15534.27981
9009.882287 15534.27981
9320.567884 15534.27981
9631.25348 15534.27981
9941.939076 15534.27981
10252.62467 15534.27981
10563.31027 15534.27981
10873.99586 15534.27981
11184.68146 15534.27981
11495.36706 15534.27981
11806.05265 15534.27981
12116.73825 15534.27981
12427.42384 15534.27981
12738.10944 15534.27981
13048.79504 15534.27981
13359.48063 15534.27981
13670.16623 15534.27981
13980.85183 15534.27981
14291.53742 15534.27981
14602.22302 15534.27981
14912.90861 15534.27981
15223.59421 15534.27981
15534.27981 15534.27981


good maths tho


um 25000 meters is 0.0155343 kilomiles bro
Oh Takashawa
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#73 - 2014-09-18 01:00:38 UTC
Andski wrote:
Oh Takashawa wrote:
Because what EVE really needs are mechanics that make certain ships absolutely mandatory or you shouldn't even bother.


installing ihub upgrades requires one of four ships
doomsdaying something requires one of four ships
fighterbombers require one of five ships
webbing something at a long range requires one of three ships
pointing something at a long range requires one of three ships

i can go on about mechanics that make certain ships absolutely mandatory but i'm sure you get the picture by now

Everything but top tier upgrades, beacons, bridges, and jammer upgrades, fit in JFs or smaller, so it's 8+ hulls.
LR webs are actually loki huginn rapier bhaal ashimmu (does the cruor have this too?) and hyena. so 6-7.
and LR points are... 4 ceptors, 1 EAF, 3 mordus, proteus, arazu, lach - so that's uh, 11, by my count.

Diversity is fine. I like diversity. I love the choices and options EVE gives us. What I don't love are mechanics changes which force me into one sole course of action. I have multiple means of moving most ihub upgrades, for example. Doomsdays I admit are a niche case, but they, and fighterbombers, fundamentally fulfill the goal of shooting things - I have a plethora of ways to shoot things, and dreads in particular give me the means of doing supercarrier damage without a lot of the hassles, but with drawbacks. It's about choice, no matter what I'm doing. This change doesn't give me much at all if I want to keep someone from getting back to a POS shield.
Powers Sa
#74 - 2014-09-18 01:02:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Powers Sa
Lex Arson wrote:
Great change, CCP.

-Now I can sit my carrier on a POS edge, rep it, and be even more immune to getting dropped on.
-If my fleet is bubble inside a tower, I can no longer run outside and cyno in reinforcements; I'll be dead long before I clear a 25km zone of hatred.
-Pretty much anything shooting/repping a pos short of dreads/triage is immune to being killed. Can't wait to have my towers reinforced EVERY SINGLE DAY.

By me
Andski wrote:


installing ihub upgrades requires one of four ships
doomsdaying something requires one of four ships
fighterbombers require one of five ships
webbing something at a long range requires one of three ships
pointing something at a long range requires one of three ships

i can go on about mechanics that make certain ships absolutely mandatory but i'm sure you get the picture by now

bridging retards onto **** requires one of 8 ships.


All the people bitching about not being able to warp hictors to **** at zero: Why can't you change default warp to 27km? Train hictors to 5, get long point. math isn't hard.

Do you like winning t2 frigs and dictors for Dirt Cheap?https://eveninggames.net/register/ref/dQddmNgyLhFBqNJk

Remeber: Gambling addiction is no laughing matter unless you've lost a vast space fortune on the internet.

Aryth
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#75 - 2014-09-18 01:02:55 UTC
Excellent Change. Increased risk for the lazy and not much else.

Leader of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal.

Creator of Burn Jita

Vile Rat: You're the greatest sociopath that has ever played eve.

JamesUtah
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#76 - 2014-09-18 01:06:41 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Hello everyone.
Any existing Jump Bridge and Cyno Generator Array structures will be automatically pushed away from their starbase's forcefield until they are 25km away.


RIP Jump Bridge network bookmarks


Adwokat Diabla
WeebFleet
Tsundere Triad
#77 - 2014-09-18 01:08:16 UTC
Lex Arson wrote:
Great change, CCP.

-Now I can sit my carrier on a POS edge, rep it, and be even more immune to getting dropped on.
-If my fleet is bubble inside a tower, I can no longer run outside and cyno in reinforcements; I'll be dead long before I clear a 25km zone of hatred.
-Pretty much anything shooting/repping a pos short of dreads/triage is immune to being killed. Can't wait to have my towers reinforced EVERY SINGLE DAY.


This does not even make sense. A long point on a super goes 30km before links and fighters nowadays dunk subcaps like crazy. You can still dunk on noobs in bombers or oracles or w/e. Please, feel free to sit your carrier on the edge of the pos shield and be "invulnerable" Lol . A hic point is 24km? so even that should be fine to just light a cyno, have a hic jump in and mwd for 2seconds at a bad-guy shooting your pos in a titan or something ********. Your whole post makes no sense.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#78 - 2014-09-18 01:14:55 UTC
SPLOOSH.






Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Neckbeard Nolyfe
Zero Fun Allowed
#79 - 2014-09-18 01:15:12 UTC
Bob FromMarketing wrote:
Jalebi wrote:
[quote=Bob FromMarketing][quote=Capqu]*froths at the mouth*


*many numbers that didn't help me be in rr range, rip utu*



~lvl 60 paladin~

Lex Arson
Adversity.
Psychotic Tendencies.
#80 - 2014-09-18 01:17:07 UTC
Adwokat Diabla wrote:
Lex Arson wrote:
Great change, CCP.

-Now I can sit my carrier on a POS edge, rep it, and be even more immune to getting dropped on.
-If my fleet is bubble inside a tower, I can no longer run outside and cyno in reinforcements; I'll be dead long before I clear a 25km zone of hatred.
-Pretty much anything shooting/repping a pos short of dreads/triage is immune to being killed. Can't wait to have my towers reinforced EVERY SINGLE DAY.


This does not even make sense. A long point on a super goes 30km before links and fighters nowadays dunk subcaps like crazy. You can still dunk on noobs in bombers or oracles or w/e. Please, feel free to sit your carrier on the edge of the pos shield and be "invulnerable" Lol . A hic point is 24km? so even that should be fine to just light a cyno, have a hic jump in and mwd for 2seconds at a bad-guy shooting your pos in a titan or something ********. Your whole post makes no sense.


I was referring to cyno'ing in Vindicators to keep the carrier that is 1000-2000m away from the pos edge from getting in while you own it with dreads. Sure you have Loki's, but meh, they don't do the job as well. This mechanic creates more practical "risk-free" situations than it removes.

lelob pls.

There's no use crying after every mistake, you just keep on trying 'til you run out of cake.