These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

QotD: Little things

First post
Author
Solecist Project
#21 - 2014-09-15 14:27:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Solecist Project
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
But seriously, is this gonna get a discussion about what little things you like in EVE (or things that aren't in EVE) or do you just wanna bicker about imperial vs metric? Cuz.... I can change the title if you want.

Kinda wasn't my intent though.....

another of my favourite things to do in eve is CTRL - F9 every now and again https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdx7hub6gwpbn5c/Screenshot%202014-06-05%2015.12.29.png?dl=0

I know, right? https://www.dropbox.com/s/49m1it3g3r7aebc/2014.09.07.11.24.45%20-%20Copy.png?dl=0

But that one was ingame for ages afaik.

The greenscreen feature though is quite awesome ...

Edit: Also.... unintentional top sexy post.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#22 - 2014-09-15 14:30:06 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Sexy Cakes wrote:
Play for free.

You mean ...

Playing by paying with time invested ingame,
instead of time invested irl at work.

I mean like play this game without having to spend real money on it.

Not today spaghetti.

Solecist Project
#23 - 2014-09-15 14:32:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Solecist Project
Sexy Birthday Cakes wrote:

Yeah, what I said. (:

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2014-09-15 14:37:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Solecist Project wrote:
Sexy Cakes wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
Sexy Cakes wrote:
Play for free.

You mean ...

Playing by paying with time invested ingame,
instead of time invested irl at work.

Yeah, what I said. (:

You know, since I started playing EVE in April, 2012, I have not worked a single full day of work, rarely worked on more than two consecutive days, and I've still been able to afford the $15 sub....

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Solecist Project
#25 - 2014-09-15 14:40:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Solecist Project
Space Cowboy wrote:
You know, since I started playing EVE in April, 2012, I have not worked a single full day of work, rarely worked on more than two consecutive days, and I've still been able to afford the $15 sub....

Hey you started when I started actually playing instead of failing at carebearing.

Also... yay for people who barely work and still got money. ^_^

Stop derailing your thread, btw... ;)

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2014-09-15 14:44:20 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Space Cowboy wrote:

Hey you started when I started actually playing instead of failing at carebearing.

Also... yay for people who barely work and still got money. ^_^

Stop derailing your thread, btw... ;)

Hey now, I was just diplomatically defusing you so we could get it back on track Lol

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Solecist Project
#27 - 2014-09-15 14:47:09 UTC
There's only one way to defuse me, Mr. Space Cowboy ......... ;)

Aaand I'm done posting for now.

Hiply Rustic
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2014-09-15 14:47:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Hiply Rustic
Solecist Project wrote:

unintentional? :)

Anyway...uh, oh yes...

Little things...I'm glad there's no way to set a series of ever-increasingly annoying alerts as someone on your watch list gets closer.

Ralph King-Griffin wrote: "Eve deliberately excludes the stupid and the weak willied." EvE: Only the strong-willied need apply.

Hiply Rustic
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2014-09-15 14:51:00 UTC
Hiply Rustic wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:

unintentional? Blink

Anyway...uh, oh yes...

Little things...I'm glad there's no way to set a series of ever-increasingly annoying alerts as someone on your watch list gets closer.

Ralph King-Griffin wrote: "Eve deliberately excludes the stupid and the weak willied." EvE: Only the strong-willied need apply.

Charax Bouclier
Silvershield Universal
#30 - 2014-09-15 15:12:56 UTC
I am too new to appreciate the little things yet, but one of the concepts I like is that bigger is not necessarily better. If I want to fly frigates, a role can be found, and I can manage my risk by designing what cost I build into it.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2014-09-15 15:15:19 UTC
Charax Bouclier wrote:
I am too new to appreciate the little things yet, but one of the concepts I like is that bigger is not necessarily better. If I want to fly frigates, a role can be found, and I can manage my risk by designing what cost I build into it.

Nor is bigger necessarily badder. And by badder, I mean worse...

Anyway, point is, I've killed smaller ships like frigs and destroyers in battleships, and I've killed battleships in frigs. Solo. I, too, love how well that has been balanced. There is always a correct tool for the job, but there is never a tool that does every job.

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#32 - 2014-09-15 18:21:13 UTC
The little thing I came to love is that amazing "ka-ching" sound every time you deliver an industry job.

And the ship spin counter, of course, but I am not sure if that would qualify as a little thing.

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
Transgress
#33 - 2014-09-15 18:24:36 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
but there is never a tool that does every job.

*glares coldly at the ishthar*
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#34 - 2014-09-15 18:32:40 UTC
Friendly fire, I really miss that in some other games.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Charax Bouclier
Silvershield Universal
#35 - 2014-09-15 18:44:23 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
The little thing I came to love is that amazing "ka-ching" sound every time you deliver an industry job.

And the ship spin counter, of course, but I am not sure if that would qualify as a little thing.

I like that ka-ching as well. I also like the crackling when you finish a hack.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
Transgress
#36 - 2014-09-15 18:49:55 UTC
Charax Bouclier wrote:
Zimmy Zeta wrote:

I like that ka-ching as well. I also like the crackling when you finish a hack.

Pod PoP > All other sound in eve

Honorable mention to "skill training completed". \(^o^)/
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#37 - 2014-09-15 18:55:53 UTC

A little while back I was sneaking up on some baddy in a SB.

Closer...closer...just a little...eeasy now.. and then suddenly: "SKILL TRAINING COMPLETE !" ...
I was so startled I fell off my chair IRL.

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
Transgress
#38 - 2014-09-15 19:15:56 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:

A little while back I was sneaking up on some baddy in a SB.

Closer...closer...just a little...eeasy now.. and then suddenly: "SKILL TRAINING COMPLETE !" ...
I was so startled I fell off my chair IRL.

Similar story, Feyd was playing bait to an ******** of a war target (smack talk no end), the short of it was we had wanted this guy for a while so Feyd put his favorite ship up as bait, relieng on my slow ass neut legion to get close the distance,waiting for him to say...jump.....was

Really......tense..............

"SKILL TRAINI"jump"NG COMPLETED!"

Even aura is a troll.
Azda Ja
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2014-09-15 20:17:45 UTC
I love how customizable the game's interface is. The layout on my screen is so much better now than when I started 2 months ago. I can't imagine playing EVE with the default setup anymore. I couldn't do it. Not enough games let you mess around with such things I find. Options are good, gimme more.

Grrr.

Solecist Project
#40 - 2014-09-15 20:59:37 UTC
Azda Ja wrote:
I love how customizable the game's interface is. The layout on my screen is so much better now than when I started 2 months ago. I can't imagine playing EVE with the default setup anymore. I couldn't do it. Not enough games let you mess around with such things I find. Options are good, gimme more.
Really like that new portrait of yours.