These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

DISCUSSION about productioncost going to CCP

Author
Pah Cova
Made in Portugal S.A.
#21 - 2014-09-11 01:29:29 UTC
Well no turning back means that the 54.000 player days will not turning back too.
Guess the industrials, miners, explorers and now wormholers too are tired.
So for now 34.000 is not a bad number, maybe in a near future will be some less.

At least CCP could give the chance to whoever want change the science and industry skillpoints to somewhere else usefull, after all, if they change the rules after we spend time and money they could now let us decide what to do too.

Vir Aurilen
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2014-09-11 04:05:40 UTC
It's an necessary ISK sink plain and simple even though CCP has said otherwise.

“I think a lot of psychopaths are just geniuses who drove so fast that they lost control.”

SpikeyWelsh
The Malleus Maleficarum
Random Violence.
#23 - 2014-10-12 16:32:30 UTC
Still no CCP answer...................... tactical silence
SpikeyWelsh
The Malleus Maleficarum
Random Violence.
#24 - 2014-12-22 10:15:54 UTC
I say teams gone, why not get rid of the ISKSINK of secure commision for productionjobs in player owned stations and pos production
Jaantrag
#25 - 2014-12-22 16:22:39 UTC
Teams are for extra boost when building stuff ..

workforce that actualy builds the items are still in play ...

would imagine a small metagame in industrie where u actualy have to spend hours/days or weeks of game time to build the item yourself from materials .. but do u really wanna do that ? some car sim games come to mind where u buy and build a car and then take it for ride in the streets .. meybe someday we all can build ships in eve they way we want .. but untill that pay for the workerd so u get ships made while u sleep.

other option for null/ pos-es would be x ammount of slaves needed for each manu job ... but .. id imagine ud need loads of em uif u dont wanna pay iskis to them .. so u just kill em if they uprise against you .. meaning isksink for buying slaves .. :D and do one would wanna scrape togather so many slaves to build a titan... a station ... ?

EVElopedia < add this to your sig to show u WANT it back

SpikeyWelsh
The Malleus Maleficarum
Random Violence.
#26 - 2014-12-22 16:43:57 UTC
ever gave it a thought why there called ``slaves``?
Tear Jar
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#27 - 2014-12-23 05:27:55 UTC
While I am sure others can cover the lore reasons for it, the truth is that production costs are just an isk sink for the game.
Komi Toran
Perkone
Caldari State
#28 - 2014-12-23 10:03:15 UTC
SpikeyWelsh wrote:
ever gave it a thought why there called ``slaves``?

Because some jackass rounded up a bunch of my ancestors and shipped them to Western Europe, where their name became synonymous with forced servitude?

But enough about etymology. We're talking EVE.

If they're slaves, you've got problems. Slaves make for a terrible skilled workforce, which is what you need when you're building the most advanced starships, researching cutting-edge technologies, and reverse engineering God knows what from ancient transhuman races. These slaves must be smart and educated. Do you think those slaves come cheap? Let me tell you, those Mattari Universities are fricken fortresses nowadays. Then you need to provide food, clothing, shelter, the works, and these scientist types don't perform at their best when they're kept in poor living conditions. If you skimp here, there winds up being a lot of waste as the math gets sloppy and tab A gets inserted in slot X, causing reactor G to incinerate lab Q. And then you need to raid the next graduating ceremony.

And then there are the protests and the dirty, smelly hippies.

So yeah, I tried slaves. I spaced them all after the first month, along with the drum circles, and got a proper workforce. Now I just need to space the occasional worker who tries to organize the others. Much cheaper.
Previous page12