These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Plea for tolerance in gaming community

First post
Author
Vincent Athena
V.I.C.E.
#1 - 2014-09-02 19:04:33 UTC
Has CCP signed onto this? If not will they?

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/09/thousands-of-developers-sign-plea-for-tolerance-in-gaming-community/

An excerpt:

"Thousands of developers sign plea for tolerance in gaming community"
...
"We believe that everyone, no matter what gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or disability has the right to play games, criticize games and make games without getting harassed or threatened."

In one of the links there is a list of signatories, including:
Emily Knox (CCP Games)
Josh Bayer (CCP Games)

but how about CCP as a company?

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Hicksimus
Torgue
#2 - 2014-09-02 19:11:32 UTC
What's with this trend of everybody being thin-skinned. I'd rather have CCP focus on what matters(spaceships) than sit around holding hands singing kumbaya.

Recruitment Officer: What type of a pilot are you? Me: I've been described as a Ray Charles with Parkinsons and a drinking problem.

Nolak Ataru
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2014-09-02 19:14:12 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Has CCP signed onto this? If not will they?

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/09/thousands-of-developers-sign-plea-for-tolerance-in-gaming-community/

An excerpt:

"Thousands of developers sign plea for tolerance in gaming community"
...
"We believe that everyone, no matter what gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or disability has the right to play games, criticize games and make games without getting harassed or threatened."

In one of the links there is a list of signatories, including:
Emily Knox (CCP Games)
Josh Bayer (CCP Games)

but how about CCP as a company?


someone clearly doesn't know what the outrage at Zoe Quinn is and believes the SJWs when they claim it's because she's female.....
Themanfromdalmontee
EVE RADIO ARMY
#4 - 2014-09-02 19:16:36 UTC
YAWN
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#5 - 2014-09-02 19:21:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Fury
Not this SJW lip-service crap again.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Lugia3
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#6 - 2014-09-02 19:22:28 UTC
When harvesting some poor sap's tears, I don't care what gender or race they consist of. Leave internet spaceships out of your thin skinned ermagurdyouoffendedmeprepareforlawsuit culture.

"CCP Dolan is full of shit." - CCP Bettik

Noriko Mai
#7 - 2014-09-02 19:23:38 UTC
Ice bucket challenge already over? Man, this attention seekers are fast.

"Meh.." - Albert Einstein

Dave Stark
#8 - 2014-09-02 19:25:51 UTC
I miss the time when the correct course of action was to just punch the kid being mean...

those were the days.
Steppa Musana
Doomheim
#9 - 2014-09-02 19:28:01 UTC
Lugia3 wrote:
When harvesting some poor sap's tears, I don't care what gender or race they consist of. Leave internet spaceships out of your thin skinned ermagurdyouoffendedmeprepareforlawsuit culture.

Literally defending bigots.

Hey guys.

Dave Stark
#10 - 2014-09-02 19:31:46 UTC
Steppa Musana wrote:
Lugia3 wrote:
When harvesting some poor sap's tears, I don't care what gender or race they consist of. Leave internet spaceships out of your thin skinned ermagurdyouoffendedmeprepareforlawsuit culture.

Literally defending bigots.

haha, no.

try again.
Don Purple
Snuggle Society
#11 - 2014-09-02 19:36:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Don Purple
None of those things matter to our community, if we are dicks I can assure you its not becasuse you prefer to sleep with other men.

Give us some credit, we just love to blow **** up and steal and troll our brothers and sisters.

Ive been to irl meetups with ex wartargets, people i have ganked or awoxed and it was a blast. We are all part of eve :D

I am just here to snuggle and do spy stuff.

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#12 - 2014-09-02 19:37:01 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Steppa Musana wrote:
Lugia3 wrote:
When harvesting some poor sap's tears, I don't care what gender or race they consist of. Leave internet spaceships out of your thin skinned ermagurdyouoffendedmeprepareforlawsuit culture.

Literally defending bigots.

haha, no.

try again.

Or don't, I'd prefer the npc didn't.
Dave Stark
#13 - 2014-09-02 19:37:48 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Steppa Musana wrote:
Lugia3 wrote:
When harvesting some poor sap's tears, I don't care what gender or race they consist of. Leave internet spaceships out of your thin skinned ermagurdyouoffendedmeprepareforlawsuit culture.

Literally defending bigots.

haha, no.

try again.

Or don't, I'd prefer the npc didn't.

Sorry, I was light on entertainment tonight and saw my chance to remedy that.
Torneach Structor
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#14 - 2014-09-02 19:38:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Torneach Structor
I don't get it.

Is this one of those things that developed because of another thing that really wasn't about the thing that people are saying it's about but it doesn't matter anymore because the media don't care about anything but rabble-rousing which leads to ratings and thus to more advertisement revenue?

EDIT: But really though, do we need a pledge/petition that basically amounts to "Don't be a jerk."? Like, isn't that what parenting/society is for, to teach people that?
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#15 - 2014-09-02 19:40:43 UTC
Steppa Musana wrote:
Lugia3 wrote:
When harvesting some poor sap's tears, I don't care what gender or race they consist of. Leave internet spaceships out of your thin skinned ermagurdyouoffendedmeprepareforlawsuit culture.

Literally defending bigots.


Nonsense, Luigia is telling it like it is.

There are loads of thin skinned people all over the internet and in the world in general. like someone promised them that everyone would be 'nice' to them. BS.

As a black man (don't let the white girl avatar fool you) from Texas I say to those people a hearty HTFU because they don't know what discrimination is, this internet stuff ain't ****.. Thankfully I don't either, having been born after the time where I would have gone to jail for drinking from the wrong water fountain like my dad and granpa did.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#16 - 2014-09-02 19:41:05 UTC
Steppa Musana wrote:
Lugia3 wrote:
When harvesting some poor sap's tears, I don't care what gender or race they consist of. Leave internet spaceships out of your thin skinned ermagurdyouoffendedmeprepareforlawsuit culture.

Literally defending bigots.


Do things become that crystal clear for anyone once they are nailed up on a cross, or just you?

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Trixie Lawless
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2014-09-02 19:56:59 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Has CCP signed onto this? If not will they?

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/09/thousands-of-developers-sign-plea-for-tolerance-in-gaming-community/

An excerpt:

"Thousands of developers sign plea for tolerance in gaming community"
...
"We believe that everyone, no matter what gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or disability has the right to play games, criticize games and make games without getting harassed or threatened."

In one of the links there is a list of signatories, including:
Emily Knox (CCP Games)
Josh Bayer (CCP Games)

but how about CCP as a company?


I have an idea, how about everyone knock the sand out of their (you get the idea) and walk it off if they get their delicate little feelings hurt. Or better yet, don't expect the entire world to be comfortable with whatever abbreviation you choose to be. As long you you aren't physically harmed then that's all you should expect. Besides...its the interwebz...who cares what a person you will probably never meet thinks.
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#18 - 2014-09-02 20:16:53 UTC
Because a 'plea' will impress people that enjoy being jackasses and/or are habitually intolerant.
Komi Toran
Perkone
Caldari State
#19 - 2014-09-02 20:17:00 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
"Thousands of developers sign plea for tolerance in gaming community"

You know, the most intolerant people on the Internet seem to be those that always preach about tolerance. It's generally because they are confused as to what "tolerance" really is, thinking it means no one ever says a mean thing or gives you the stink eye, and everyone always celebrates whatever you think makes you a special snowflake. This attitude, of course, is incompatible with actual tolerance, which is why the original word must be maimed to conform with IngSoc.
Trixie Lawless
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#20 - 2014-09-02 20:18:17 UTC
Komi Toran wrote:
Vincent Athena wrote:
"Thousands of developers sign plea for tolerance in gaming community"

You know, the most intolerant people on the Internet seem to be those that always preach about tolerance. It's generally because they are confused as to what "tolerance" really is, thinking it means no one ever says a mean thing or gives you the stink eye, and everyone always celebrates whatever you think makes you a special snowflake. This attitude, of course, is incompatible with actual tolerance, which is why the original word must be maimed to conform with IngSoc.


I think...I want...to hug you.
123Next pageLast page