These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

"Undiscovered" stuff in the game.

First post
Author
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#41 - 2014-09-02 15:49:32 UTC
There was also a big discrepancy between what players actually measured ingame (all of Anoikis was mapped) and what the devs intended where it was storyline wise.

The map or the actual ingame distance between the starts in w-space is rather small, it's a cluster similar to New Eden, approximately 1000ly away. The storyline had something to do with the locus signature being actual observable stellar objects thousands or millions of ly apart (or something like that, can't remember exactly).

This was just a huge steaming dump into the face of immersion and I lost all my interest about that storyline. How can they be so careless?!
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#42 - 2014-09-02 17:26:11 UTC
Chribba wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Dilligafmofo wrote:
The undiscovered things in game are merely strings attached to CCP's wrists and have goons controlling from the other end.

It goes deeper than that. There are strings attached to our wrists, but who controls those?

Chribba
dance my puppets, dance Lol

Chribba, that's twisted. OP Chribba is OP. Solution: NERF (Buff) CHRIBBA!

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Kalrissia
Temporal Incursion
#43 - 2014-09-02 18:31:29 UTC
Try Rhava's notes from his blog
Rhava's has some seriously inciteful information about certain hidden storyline loops that frankly are still within the verse today.

As much as I like Pvp and a player controlled universe I would like a lot more storyline input from CCP outside and inside the game. The universe is a big thing and we need natural disasters, mysterious intrigue and even wild goose chases to spice up life and give some of the more scientific minds and adventurous among us to ponder about.

I hope all this is still alive and kicking somewhere.
Oberine Noriepa
#44 - 2014-09-02 20:59:05 UTC
Hra Neuvosto wrote:
Did the meaning of 514 ever come to light?

It's the New Eden equivalent for 666, which some consider the number of the Beast.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#45 - 2014-09-03 06:23:25 UTC
Well if you read the chronicles a squadron of bombers did vanish in a wormhole and later on in the game someone (an actual player) in a wormhole came across six abandoned bombers.

And destroyed them.

It was kind of like that scene from "Dances with Wolves" when the Union Soldiers found Kevin Kostner's journal and used it for toilet paper.

It is believed that they were simply the bombers that vanished, but there was wide speculation as to what was in them. The RP guys in SYNE were rather perturbed.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Harrison Tato
Yamato Holdings
#46 - 2014-09-03 07:07:50 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Well if you read the chronicles a squadron of bombers did vanish in a wormhole and later on in the game someone (an actual player) in a wormhole came across six abandoned bombers.

And destroyed them.

It was kind of like that scene from "Dances with Wolves" when the Union Soldiers found Kevin Kostner's journal and used it for toilet paper.

It is believed that they were simply the bombers that vanished, but there was wide speculation as to what was in them. The RP guys in SYNE were rather perturbed.

Flight 19
Ssabat Thraxx
DUST Expeditionary Team
Good Sax
#47 - 2014-09-03 07:10:08 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Dilligafmofo wrote:
The undiscovered things in game are merely strings attached to CCP's wrists and have goons controlling from the other end.

It goes deeper than that. There are strings attached to our wrists, but who controls those?

Could it beeee, ohhh I dont know... posibllyyyyyy SATAN? Shocked

\m/ O.o \m/

"You're a freak ..." - Solecist Project

Herzog Wolfhammer
#48 - 2014-09-03 07:11:52 UTC
Harrison Tato wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

And destroyed them.

Flight 19

I think .... hey wait a minute

Methinks the rum is messing with my memory. What?

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Hicksimus
Torgue
#49 - 2014-09-03 11:39:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Hicksimus
CCP: We have an AMAZING idea!
Us: OMG What it is!?
CCP: You'll find out some day!

They do this over and over again while openly wondering why they can't grow the game. Maybe when they say it they are actually foreshadowing. Ex. We have an amazing idea....and that idea turns out to be $1000 jeans......it's amazing but amazingly bad.

Edit: Maybe their plan for wormholes was to have them be like Solar System sized CQ's.....

Recruitment Officer: What type of a pilot are you? Me: I've been described as a Ray Charles with Parkinsons and a drinking problem.

NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#50 - 2014-09-03 12:26:59 UTC
Watch original plan involved sleepers invading k space and players having to build the new stargates to get out of New Eden before being permakilled by the sleeper invasion
This way you got story and the much vaunted reset at the same time
Herzog Wolfhammer
#51 - 2014-09-03 19:31:09 UTC
Hicksimus wrote:
CCP: We have an AMAZING idea!
Us: OMG What it is!?
CCP: You'll find out some day!

They do this over and over again while openly wondering why they can't grow the game. Maybe when they say it they are actually foreshadowing. Ex. We have an amazing idea....and that idea turns out to be $1000 jeans......it's amazing but amazingly bad.

Edit: Maybe their plan for wormholes was to have them be like Solar System sized CQ's.....

It's risky. We might end up with Kung Fu Pandas.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#52 - 2014-09-03 19:59:06 UTC
Echo Vector wrote:
There have been a good many logical responses that the 'plot' was dropped when the particular dev responsible left CCP, but as I requested in the OP, it would be nice for a definitive response from CCP directly.

Is the 'plot' still alive, just a "yes" or "no"; no details, is all I ask.

Or do I ask too much?

They did answer officially in the Live Event forums.
The plot line is dead.
However the Live Events team may start a new plotline using some of the previous material at some point, it hasn't been 100% ruled out. But as they don't have the original material they will be creating a new one and it may end up going in different directions if they start it up.

Which,... is a both yes & no answer I know :P

But for effective purposes it's dead.
Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#53 - 2014-09-04 03:54:45 UTC
I discovered the undiscovered content.

It was oatmeal rasin cookies. A whole wormhole full of them. No you can't have any.

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Previous page123