These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Burner Mission Rewards are Horrible!

Author
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#21 - 2014-08-28 00:48:39 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
On day one, 207 Burner NPCs died, but they killed 1563 capsuleer ships. The machines are winning. #tweetfleet #eveonline #iskwar

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#22 - 2014-08-28 00:54:51 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
On day one, 207 Burner NPCs died, but they killed 1563 capsuleer ships. The machines are winning. #tweetfleet #eveonline #iskwar

And next week, CCP will do an ad blitz for people to get alt accounts to run these missions.

Can't wait until they convert all L4's into randomized frigate, cruiser, or BS burner missions, effectively killing off the 2nd last decent income source for solo players in high sec.
NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#23 - 2014-08-28 01:00:24 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Tau Cabalander wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

And next week, CCP will do an ad blitz for people to get alt accounts to run these missions.

Can't wait until they convert all L4's into randomized frigate, cruiser, or BS burner missions, effectively killing off the 2nd last decent income source for solo players in high sec.

Dont worry Star Citizen will cater to them.
*Tinfoil*

CCP owns Star Citizen and is busy shooing out the solo players to there
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#24 - 2014-08-28 01:02:33 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

Why on earth would either of those happen? Neither of them makes any sense. Oh, and if L4s are the second (to?) last decent income source, which is the first one?
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2014-08-28 01:15:49 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

Why on earth would either of those happen? Neither of them makes any sense. Oh, and if L4s are the second (to?) last decent income source, which is the first one?

Station scamming :D
Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2014-08-28 01:24:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Sibyyl
A good death is its own reward.

Also, Fozzie says:

Quote:

On day one, 207 Burner NPCs died, but they killed 1563 capsuleer ships. The machines are winning.

Edit: Did not catch Tau quoting him already, sorry.

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Cameron Freerunner
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2014-08-28 01:29:07 UTC
bacon lettuce tomato wrote:
whatever

mmmmm BLTs
malcovas Henderson
THoF
#28 - 2014-08-28 01:29:58 UTC
One word is all you need to understand why your whine is up there with the best pathetic whines ever.

OPTIONAL

There you go. You can thank me with generous donations.
Captain Eliiot
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2014-08-28 01:30:58 UTC
Burner missions F-king blow, as do the socially retardant, chronically depressed parasites that inhabit these forums.
NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#30 - 2014-08-28 01:39:03 UTC
Captain Eliiot wrote:
Burner missions F-king blow, as do the socially retardant, chronically depressed parasites that inhabit these forums.

I shall have you know my good sir, I do not engage in the continuous usage of drugs in a recreational manner.
Such accusations are not only slanderous and defaming, but outright falsifications!
Now excuse me, I have an appoint with the damsel that I am late too.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#31 - 2014-08-28 01:42:23 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

Not that we're going to get a response, but which decent income sources for solo players in high sec have been killed off in the past?

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#32 - 2014-08-28 01:48:14 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
Not that we're going to get a response, but which decent income sources for solo players in high sec have been killed off in the past?

If I remember the list of Dindin's complaints…

• Incursions
• Industry
• Exploration
• Trading
• Missions
• Missions again
• Industry (again, and of all forms).
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#33 - 2014-08-28 01:50:17 UTC
Tippia wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:

If I remember the list of Dindin's complaints…

• Incursions
• Industry
• Exploration
• Trading
• Missions
• Missions again
• Industry (again, and of all forms).

And now he's saying that only 2 of those are viable income sources for a solo player in high sec?

Ok, I buy that.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#34 - 2014-08-28 02:09:20 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Sounds like what happened when people first went into wormholes.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Desimus Maximus
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#35 - 2014-08-28 02:37:13 UTC
Hawkin Pete wrote:
These burner mission are tough as hell and they pay out less then a level 2 mission. WTF? Did a bunch of these today and they all pay like 200k and 800 LP.

At least CCP is Keeping EVE's award for having the worse PVE in the gaming world.

Weak Update.

Who are you missioning for? I've done 30 lvl IVs and haven't got a single burner mission offered.
Ken 1138
State War Academy
Caldari State
#36 - 2014-08-28 03:23:39 UTC
Risk = Reward is a blatant lie CCP and you know it. X

Considering the very poor rotation for these missions the reward should be 20-30 mil which is what you get out of a solo long level 4 mission. Not this level 3 scale of reward. Not even worth the LPs
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#37 - 2014-08-28 03:31:42 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

hah! I saw the 207 burner kill tweet, but didn't catch the how many player ships died one Bear

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#38 - 2014-08-28 03:41:45 UTC
Quote:
On day one, 207 Burner NPCs died, but they killed 1563 capsuleer ships. The machines are winning.

How many overview settings were destroyed on day one?
Yes, the machines are indeed winning...

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Harrison Tato
Yamato Holdings
#39 - 2014-08-28 04:02:29 UTC
Yes PVE in EvE is not good. Once you understand that you can stop wasting time with it.
Michael Ruckert
Hohere Kavallerie-Kommando
#40 - 2014-08-28 04:28:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Michael Ruckert
Quote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

As the Sioux warrior Crazy Horse said: "Today is a good day to die!"

HTFU capsuleers.

"No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier