These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Damn... Burners are difficult!

Author
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#101 - 2014-09-16 16:59:55 UTC
Just for the record, Neuts and Nos also have an effect on NPC's... it's just not the effect you would expect.

NOS give you a limited amount of cap from an NPC target.
Neuts reduce the NPC targets ability to repair damage as quickly.

This applies to any NPC, and has for some time now.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#102 - 2014-09-16 17:14:51 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Just for the record, Neuts and Nos also have an effect on NPC's... it's just not the effect you would expect.

NOS give you a limited amount of cap from an NPC target.
Neuts reduce the NPC targets ability to repair damage as quickly.

This applies to any NPC, and has for some time now.

I once posted a Mach ratting fit that had a neut on it (the neut doing double duty of lowering Rat's shield/armor boost chance and giving me something to use in case a ceptor landed on me and pointed me, ceptors no like large faction neut) and another poster derided me for it because 'neuts don't do anything to NPCs'.

Grrr CCP forum rules that won't let me post that poster's nullsec ratting ships with neuts killmail grr.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#103 - 2014-09-16 17:28:01 UTC
What I found somewhat amusing was that in the interview with CCP Beyesian of team Space Glitter (available on my YouTube channel) he revealed that several NPC related mechanics have only recently been repaired by his team.

His example was that NPC's in Incursions have not been remote repping each other as they are supposed to for some time now, but nobody noticed.

Well, now that it's fixed (or soon will be in the next release, he wasn't clear on that point) I'm pretty sure people will notice in a hurry. Smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#104 - 2014-09-16 20:07:29 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
What I found somewhat amusing was that in the interview with CCP Beyesian of team Space Glitter (available on my YouTube channel) he revealed that several NPC related mechanics have only recently been repaired by his team.

His example was that NPC's in Incursions have not been remote repping each other as they are supposed to for some time now, but nobody noticed.

Well, now that it's fixed (or soon will be in the next release, he wasn't clear on that point) I'm pretty sure people will notice in a hurry. Smile

Interesting...In the last few days I noticed incursion rats repping much more quickly than usual....thought it was just a quirk. I guess this could be one of those "stealth" fixes.
Cancel Align NOW
The Distillery
#105 - 2014-09-16 23:38:59 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Cancel Align NOW wrote:

SP based words

Not so.

More SP based words with a relevant fit attached.

I stand corrected. I will have to give that a whirl. Thanks for sharing.