These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Damn... Burners are difficult!

Author
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#41 - 2014-08-27 08:12:26 UTC
How is it that everybody but me can get past the language filter?

**** me.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Eugene Kerner
TunDraGon
Goonswarm Federation
#42 - 2014-08-27 08:15:23 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

**** me.

Try: "That fucks me"

TunDraGon is recruiting! "Also, your boobs [:o] "   CCP Eterne, 2012 "When in doubt...make a diȼk joke." Robin Williams - RIP

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#43 - 2014-08-27 08:18:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaarous Aldurald
Eugene Kerner wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

**** me.

Try: "That fucks me"

That ***** me.

[edit: Dammit.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#44 - 2014-08-27 08:52:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Ramona McCandless
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

It is fast becoming clear this was never designed for solo play, but instead force people to buy alts.

Its true.

As soon as I tried to log back in for the first time in weeks, I was told I was required to purchase fifteen assault frigates and the alts to fly them or CCP would send The Brute Squad around to break my thumbs with mallets.

The cads.

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Erika Tsurpalen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#45 - 2014-08-27 09:20:13 UTC
Are they? They seemed alright when I did them. Just dont try do it in a T1 frig with ****** skills and you should be okay.
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#46 - 2014-08-27 09:33:10 UTC
Dark Drifter wrote:

its like taking your AF against a RLML cerb and expecting to live

Good players can do that without much troubles. CErb need to reload before it kills the most common vengeance fit.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Big Lynx
#47 - 2014-08-27 09:56:40 UTC
I do it with 100k hp cambionCool
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#48 - 2014-08-27 10:06:48 UTC
Big Lynx wrote:
I do it with 100k hp cambionCool

Wuss

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#49 - 2014-08-27 10:17:56 UTC
220 dps Hawk is laughable, obviously you are doing it wrong.

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#50 - 2014-08-27 14:37:53 UTC
Vol Arm'OOO
Central Co-Prosperity Union
#51 - 2014-08-27 15:59:55 UTC
Nexus Day wrote:
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
Meh, you talk like your whole alliance would drop everything just to run burner mission for a few seconds with you. Personally I wouldn't even bother to undock for this especially that they are doable solo under 1 minute with proper skills and gear. Can't see a reason for alts nor friends for them.

And they cannot take burner's damage too high because without simultaneous increase of rewards people simply will switch/get back to small incursion sites.

Silly me. I saw burner missions as a way to ease new players into solo PvP. Entice them with exciting one on one frigate battles that would inspire them to use those skills on other players.

Instead they reinforce the anti new player mentality: gear that you need to play awhile to skill into and forced teamwork. Brilliant!

Um... Why would you think burner missions were new player friendly? They are lvl 4 missions. Lvl 4 missions while being largely brain dead content, are still not for new players.

I don't play, I just fourm warrior.

Paynus Maiassus
Silvana Innovations
Greater Solitude Commonwealth
#52 - 2014-08-27 16:16:48 UTC
Dark Drifter wrote:
HeXxploiT wrote:
Looks like we got what we asked for. Burner missions appear to be not only difficult, but damn near impossible!
I thought My faction fitted Hawk was pretty badass until I tried to run a burner only to find that my 220dps wasn't scratching the paint on the enemy and I had to have a buddy do a suicide run to get unscrambled and get my ass out.
Look likes CCP is trying to force(encourage) the group dynamic again.
F* that i'm going to do this sh** myself!

Anyway it should prove to be a challenge. Anyone know how much these missions pay out?

normal LP for a level 4
about 900k isk in reward and bonus
5mill for killing the rat

in my opinion they are badly implimented.
they way the site is set up means insta death for the first ship to land on grid
Ewar of every kind dose not work on them
there is no way for a frigate sized hull to mitigate the damage they do.

its like taking your AF against a RLML cerb and expecting to live

OK so you have no talent.

Funny how people gripe at CCP for being out of touch and not playing the game.

The benchmark for whether these missions are too hard was that the devs can solo them.

You can't so I guess you suck. I just finished a long post encouraging a noob who was getting his hat handed to them and had written about how Eve needs to change to suit him. His OP was followed by pages and pages of trolls about how he sucks and Eve doesn't need to change to suit him.

So I am here to troll you. The devs can solo these things, so you suck and you just need to get better.
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#53 - 2014-08-27 16:33:32 UTC
Burner missions are great idea with terrible implementation.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#54 - 2014-08-27 17:20:32 UTC
Hal Morsh wrote:
CCP said burners would be difficult. An npc emulating a faction frigate with deadspace gear, perfect skills and off grid boosts. I'm surprised it doesn't have remote rep alts and falcons in wait (I joke), but CCP doesn't have remote rep npcs implemented, nor have ewar ever worked on them. At least it prevents "ECM everything".
Ewar works just fine on NPCs (except for warp disruption since rats don't really warp as much as despawn), and we've had remote-repping rats for half a decade now. Straight
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2014-08-27 17:25:51 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Hal Morsh wrote:
CCP said burners would be difficult. An npc emulating a faction frigate with deadspace gear, perfect skills and off grid boosts. I'm surprised it doesn't have remote rep alts and falcons in wait (I joke), but CCP doesn't have remote rep npcs implemented, nor have ewar ever worked on them. At least it prevents "ECM everything".
Ewar works just fine on NPCs (except for warp disruption since rats don't really warp as much as despawn), and we've had remote-repping rats for half a decade now. Straight

People have tried on test, it's ECM and that's about it. Excluding webs as that's less ewar on the traditional sense - I.e. Cap war, ECM, damps, TD.

These rats are different from the norm.
Rayo Atra
Guardians of the Volatile Wine
#56 - 2014-08-27 17:37:51 UTC
so far ive been able to take the burner Dram, daredevil, and succubus with a rail enyo with a c-type rep and meta 8 webs, with no trouble .

Tell you what I do like though: A killer. A dyed-in-the-wool killer. Cold-blooded, clean, methodical and thorough.

-Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#57 - 2014-08-27 20:27:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Zimmy Zeta
What makes me really happy is that these missions will increase the demand for AFs, so I will probably sell more of them at a better price than ever before.

feelsgoodman.jpg

Also, free Vengeance for the next poster in this thread!

edit: Contract is out. Congratulations, Big Lynx, may your rockets always strike true!

Blink

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Big Lynx
#58 - 2014-08-27 20:29:22 UTC
Big smile
Arla Sarain
#59 - 2014-08-27 20:49:16 UTC
lol how do i do these in a slahser?

so broken bad implemnetatin cos I cannt do them in a 77 dps slasher
Hiply Rustic
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#60 - 2014-08-27 20:54:36 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

It is fast becoming clear this was never designed for solo play, but instead force people to buy alts.

Its true.

As soon as I tried to log back in for the first time in weeks, I was told I was required to purchase fifteen assault frigates and the alts to fly them or CCP would send The Brute Squad around to break my thumbs with mallets.

The cads.

Will one of the alts be named Paddlethumb McCandless in honor of this horrific extortion attempt?

Ralph King-Griffin wrote: "Eve deliberately excludes the stupid and the weak willied." EvE: Only the strong-willied need apply.