These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Damn... Burners are difficult!

Author
Christopher Mabata
State War Academy
Caldari State
#21 - 2014-08-27 01:17:34 UTC
they also have a chance to drop faction mods which can be a hefty payout

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#22 - 2014-08-27 01:18:48 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
but instead force people to buy alts.

This is how people with no friends would see it anyway.

💞

Anyway, this means that the feature has passed the Dinsdale test and is a good addition to the game. Excellent news.
Ashlar Vellum
Esquire Armaments
#23 - 2014-08-27 01:21:08 UTC
You can do sansha one with t2 fit retribution, others can probably be done solo too with the right fit.
Decian Cor
Stronghelm Corporation
Solyaris Chtonium
#24 - 2014-08-27 01:41:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Decian Cor
I think you meant this

Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

It is fast becoming clear Eve was never designed for solo play, but instead forces people to play together

http://gifsoup.com/view/3311194/simple-jack-3.html

WHY WON'T YOU MAKE SENSE, ARGUMENT, WHYYYYY

[u]Unfiltered for the masses.[/u]

http://imgur.com/mzSl1Ie

Caleb Seremshur
Naked Oiled Bodybuilders
Parasitic Legion.
#25 - 2014-08-27 02:03:06 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

💞

Anyway, this means that the feature has passed the Dinsdale test and is a good addition to the game. Excellent news.

It's.not a totally unseasonable assessment as alts do generate money for.ccp but not content for the game.

Based on what I've seen here and the other thread is overall good news because at least these linds of fittings will bump up low value exploration loot while simultaneously creating more gank targets.

Everybody wins really.
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#26 - 2014-08-27 02:11:48 UTC
Abrazzar wrote:
Only a matter of time until the perfect fits for every individual rat is determined and posted on some page for reference. Then they turn from difficult into trivial, just like the rest.

to kill the serpentis one i used an enyo with blasters and tracking comps.

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Slicr
#27 - 2014-08-27 02:12:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Slicr
Changed my mind

I believe in being Pro-Active as Opposed to Reactive. Reactive tends to be more costly in time and money.

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#28 - 2014-08-27 02:14:01 UTC
Abrazzar wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Abrazzar wrote:
Only a matter of time until the perfect fits for every individual rat is determined and posted on some page for reference. Then they turn from difficult into trivial, just like the rest.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=369477&find=unread

And then some people claim carebears are lazy. Most efficient. Give it a week and the only issue with those missions is the number of frigates you have to stash on top of your bling-grinder.

and it gives low sp mission chars more stuff to train for.

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Hal Morsh
Doomheim
#29 - 2014-08-27 02:22:30 UTC
CCP said burners would be difficult. An npc emulating a faction frigate with deadspace gear, perfect skills and off grid boosts. I'm surprised it doesn't have remote rep alts and falcons in wait (I joke), but CCP doesn't have remote rep npcs implemented, nor have ewar ever worked on them. At least it prevents "ECM everything".

Giving them those stats is a good start. It's supposed to expose people to the difficulty of pvp, so CCP better not nerf them :P

Oh, I perfectly understand, Hal Morsh — a mission like this requires courage, skill, and heroism… qualities you are clearly lacking. Have you forgotten you're one of the bloody immortals!?

Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#30 - 2014-08-27 02:30:33 UTC
Hal Morsh wrote:
It's supposed to expose people to the difficulty of pvp, so CCP better not nerf them :P

These missions have nothing to do with pvp. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4937886#post4937886
Harrison Tato
Yamato Holdings
#31 - 2014-08-27 03:01:40 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

💞

Get a room you two!
Paranoid Loyd
#32 - 2014-08-27 03:13:50 UTC
Harrison Tato wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

💞

Get a room you two!

Who are you talking to, Dinsy and his alt that CCP forced him to buy?

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Belt Scout
Thread Lockaholics Anonymous
#33 - 2014-08-27 03:29:43 UTC
If you turn your audio all the way up and listen carefully, you can hear all the nerf petitions flying into Iceland.

They say most of your brain shuts down on the EvE forums. All but the impatient side, and the sarcastic side. No wonder I'm still awake.

**This IS my main so STFU.

Belt Scout
Thread Lockaholics Anonymous
#34 - 2014-08-27 03:33:17 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
I managed to beat several burners on sisi, solo, using pirate faction ships/AFs with T2 only fits, no implants, no boosters, and no fleet boosts.

You just have to be smart about it.

Well I may not be smart, but I can definitely drunk.

They say most of your brain shuts down on the EvE forums. All but the impatient side, and the sarcastic side. No wonder I'm still awake.

**This IS my main so STFU.

Lothras Andastar
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2014-08-27 03:45:54 UTC
T1 frigs can't do them. Faction Worms can.

Because the Legacy Code has too much Psssssssssssssssh, nothing will ever get fixed until CCP stop wasting money on failed sparkle MMOs and instead rewrite the entire backend of EvE from scratch.

TheButcherPete
NaCl For Sale
Deepwater Hooligans
#36 - 2014-08-27 04:00:23 UTC
The first day of Incursion saw Incursions that were literally impossible to beat. They regen'd faster than ALL of the players in the area could beat. We got it to like 60%, then went to bed and it was back at 100% in like an hour

It'll be ok, OP.

[b]THE KING OF EVE RADIO

If EVE is real, does that mean all of us are RMTrs?[/b]

Vyl Vit
#37 - 2014-08-27 04:16:58 UTC
Sooooo, they may need a bit of calibrating....no need to get your panties in a wad!

Paradise is like where you are right now, only much, much better.

Luwc
LOGOS Community
#38 - 2014-08-27 06:56:26 UTC
a totally overtanked worm worked fine for me so far.

The biggest ***** though is the blood raider ****.

but I like the fact it encourages team play

http://hugelolcdn.com/i/267520.gif

Obsidian Hawk
RONA Midgard Academy
RONA Directorate
#39 - 2014-08-27 07:31:12 UTC
Worm, Ishkur

Those are your answers, on a side note now selling my collection of worms!

Why Can't I have a picture signature.

Also please support graphical immersion, bring back the art that brought people to EvE online originaly.

Eugene Kerner
TunDraGon
Goonswarm Federation
#40 - 2014-08-27 07:57:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Eugene Kerner
Most of you are pathetic fucks.
That said:
It is not supposed to be easy. The ones not writing here have actually fun doing them as a team.
I can think of quite some frig fits (faction frigs or t2) that are sufficient to do it solo but with a t1 frig it is for sure a hardcore thing and next to impossible.
Edit: Haha I cant believe that went through the filter.

TunDraGon is recruiting! "Also, your boobs [:o] "   CCP Eterne, 2012 "When in doubt...make a diȼk joke." Robin Williams - RIP