These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Caldari wiped out of FW?

First post
Author
Zazu Prota
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#101 - 2014-08-30 22:10:52 UTC
Makrov Putin wrote:
This may come as a shock but, no one in this game is obligated to give you a "good fight". Improvise, adapt and overcome, or get crushed beneath a mighty boot.

I don't think you made your point yet.

Could you add in some Sun Tzu quotes?
Makrov Putin
Last Rites.
#102 - 2014-08-30 22:17:27 UTC
I'm not refined enough for Sun Tzu quotes. I still laugh at armpit music and fart jokes.
Arla Sarain
#103 - 2014-08-30 22:23:25 UTC
Makrov Putin wrote:
This may come as a shock but, no one in this game is obligated to give you a "good fight". Improvise, adapt and overcome, or get crushed beneath a mighty boot.

Just saying that by being mindful you can avoid being a bloody hypocrite. I'm not sure why you think I think you are obliged to do anything. It's actually flattering that you keep doing the same nonsense all the time.
Makrov Putin
Last Rites.
#104 - 2014-08-30 22:25:24 UTC
Arla Sarain wrote:
Makrov Putin wrote:

Just saying that by being mindful you can avoid being a bloody hypocrite. I'm not sure why you think I think you are obliged to do anything. It's actually flattering that you keep doing the same nonsense all the time.

Enjoy Docking in Jita btw. At least the market is stocked Lol
Phox Jorkarzul
Deep Void Merc Syndicate
#105 - 2014-08-31 05:34:21 UTC
Makrov Putin wrote:
Arla Sarain wrote:
Makrov Putin wrote:

look at you forum warrioring you carebear you.

Blasters for life

https://neverpheedthetroll.blogspot.com

Dread Operative
Main Corporation
Prisoners With Jobs
#106 - 2014-08-31 09:12:32 UTC
I'm to drunk to read so I just have one thing to say, pew pew pew pew pew pew pew!!!!!!!
Makrov Putin
Last Rites.
#107 - 2014-08-31 09:16:54 UTC
Phox Jorkarzul wrote:
Makrov Putin wrote:
Arla Sarain wrote:
Makrov Putin wrote:

look at you forum warrioring you carebear you.

I was trying to RP, but I don't think I'm doing it right.
Nat Silverguard
Aideron Robotics
Aideron Robotics.
#108 - 2014-08-31 11:46:29 UTC
Arla Sarain wrote:
Makrov Putin wrote:

If you guys were half as good at [insert stuff] as you are at [insert more stuff] that would help also. :)

And you wouldn't need to deploy 3 Guardians and a random assortment of T3s and HACs to fight a Nighthawk and a bunch of frigs.

But tryharding is the trend, all the cool kids are doing it.

logic gold.

so you blame others for your inadequacies? What?

Just Add Water

Squatdog
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#109 - 2014-08-31 16:36:26 UTC
Uh oh, Caldari just flipped two systems back to back.

It seems that even a blob of 17+ simply wasn't enough to provide the 2v1 odds Gallente require to win at PVP.
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#110 - 2014-08-31 16:41:58 UTC  |  Edited by: X Gallentius
Squatdog wrote:
Uh oh, Caldari just flipped two systems back to back.

Damn you! You just made alot of "FW is unfair" nerds eat their words!
Phaade
LowKey Ops
Shadow Cartel
#111 - 2014-08-31 16:55:44 UTC
Yuri Antollare wrote:
sytaqe violacea wrote:
Recently, I persuaded my friends to return to Calmil after they got tired being pirate for 3 months.
And now, they has trouble re-deploying. Where did Calmil move to after losing their home system?

Rumors abound as to some variant of hi-sec or non-FW lowsec. You would have thought that once they lost Kinakka, those squids would have just collapsed back to the next home system and so forth and so forth. For some reason though when the going gets tough over there they prefer to just drop FW or move to hi-sec.

There were at least two of the sieges that would have been swung/lasted too long for us if the squids had engaged in even some basic moves helping each other out.

It is what it is though, they'd prefer to give up and talk about the farming alts that took Kinakka, or the Gall deplexing alt that killed all the Diesel corp squids pushing up the backwater systems threatening the WZ push.

Hey, Yuri and his infinite brilliance in action!

I'm sure Gallente having about 3 or 4 times the active numbers has nothing to do with it.

It's difficult to defend a system with 5-8 guys against a 24 / 7 plex fleet of 40 to 60. Literally logged in at 5:00 AM randomly with 50 frogs in Pav.

Even with a coordinated Caldari defense effort, which there were at times, we were unable to stave off the endless hordes of Frogs. There are simply too many.

I'm not sure why you are so proud of yourselves. It's like the Persians boasting about being victorious over the Greeks at Thermopylae.
Pinky Feldman
Amarrian Vengeance
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#112 - 2014-08-31 17:04:49 UTC
Phaade wrote:

I'm not sure why you are so proud of yourselves. It's like the Persians boasting about being victorious over the Greeks at Thermopylae.

This is EVE dude. Its literally what everyone on every side in the history of ever has and always does. EVE is real.
Phaade
LowKey Ops
Shadow Cartel
#113 - 2014-08-31 17:08:55 UTC
Pinky Feldman wrote:
Phaade wrote:

This is EVE dude. Its literally what everyone on every side in the history of ever has and always does. EVE is real.

Uhh.......

Not sure which history books you are reading.
Phaade
LowKey Ops
Shadow Cartel
#114 - 2014-08-31 17:21:19 UTC
Makrov Putin wrote:

With the way the FW plexes work, you can't just "improvise, adapt, and overcome" 4 times your numbers.

You should know this.
Rinai Vero
Blades of Liberty
#115 - 2014-08-31 17:26:31 UTC
I'm too lazy to quote myself from earlier on the subject of "and that's why TEST conquered Eha."
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#116 - 2014-08-31 18:57:10 UTC
Phaade wrote:
The Persians didn't finish off Greece.... I believe the "home system" of Sparta never fell.

Squatdog
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#117 - 2014-09-01 01:02:31 UTC
Phaade wrote:

I'm sure Gallente having about 3 or 4 times the active numbers has nothing to do with it.

It's difficult to defend a system with 5-8 guys against a 24 / 7 plex fleet of 40 to 60. Literally logged in at 5:00 AM randomly with 50 frogs in Pav.

Even with a coordinated Caldari defense effort, which there were at times, we were unable to stave off the endless hordes of Frogs. There are simply too many.

This.

The only reason Caldari managed to flip two systems so quickly was that it was during Russian primetime, with numerous Russian pirate corps persuaded to help even the odds against the inevitable Gallente blob. If it was US TZ, there would be 50+ Gal polesmokers looking for 'good fights'.

Also, the rampant farming of Gallente defensives by stabbed, cloaky farming alts has devalued Gal LP to the point where it's no longer as lucrative for non-militia entities to AFK 'defend' with T1 frigs.
Yuri Antollare
Moira.
#118 - 2014-09-01 01:20:10 UTC
Phaade wrote:
Yuri Antollare wrote:
sytaqe violacea wrote:
Recently, I persuaded my friends to return to Calmil after they got tired being pirate for 3 months.
And now, they has trouble re-deploying. Where did Calmil move to after losing their home system?

Rumors abound as to some variant of hi-sec or non-FW lowsec. You would have thought that once they lost Kinakka, those squids would have just collapsed back to the next home system and so forth and so forth. For some reason though when the going gets tough over there they prefer to just drop FW or move to hi-sec.

There were at least two of the sieges that would have been swung/lasted too long for us if the squids had engaged in even some basic moves helping each other out.

It is what it is though, they'd prefer to give up and talk about the farming alts that took Kinakka, or the Gall deplexing alt that killed all the Diesel corp squids pushing up the backwater systems threatening the WZ push.

Hey, Yuri and his infinite brilliance in action!

No snarkiness, just my honest opinion.

During the attack on Okkamon, the Calmill defending pushed us far enough that we were starting to reevaluate. The two jump reship distance and some extremely tenacious defending pushed the length of the siege out to what (I struggle to remember) about 5-6 days? We redoubled our efforts, I suspect there was a logistics hiccup on Heiians side, and that was that.

My point though is that it was an extremely close fight. In that fight (according to our stats compiled with API) Heiian pilots lost almost 10b in ships. Templis, a perennial top two of their militia, lost slightly over 500m in Okkamon. OMG lost under 100m in ships. These are ships losses tallied by what corp flag the ship was flying under when it was killed., not who handed them out.

This is the start, finish and middle of what's been going wrong on your side for far longer than I care to remember.
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#119 - 2014-09-01 01:26:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Crosi Wesdo
Squatdog wrote:
Phaade wrote:

This.

The only reason Caldari managed to flip two systems so quickly was that it was during Russian primetime, with numerous Russian pirate corps persuaded to help even the odds against the inevitable Gallente blob. If it was US TZ, there would be 50+ Gal polesmokers looking for 'good fights'.

Also, the rampant farming of Gallente defensives by stabbed, cloaky farming alts has devalued Gal LP to the point where it's no longer as lucrative for non-militia entities to AFK 'defend' with T1 frigs.

We didnt want those systems anyway. Occupancy is stupid and doesnt matter. Also the mechanics are broken, etc.
Samwise Everquest
Plus 10 NV
#120 - 2014-09-01 03:10:18 UTC
Interesting things happening behind closed doors at the moment.

Pras Phil.