These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Hyperion] Burner Missions

First post
Author
Archetype 66
Perkone
Caldari State
#241 - 2014-08-27 12:51:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Archetype 66
Again : all doable solo in AF with T1/T2 feat (no faction). I expect to see some T1 Frig (non faction) succeeding on some Burners aswell soon...With Wolf / Enyo you can do 4/5 of those Burner and Vengeance for the Angel Dramiel.

With all the Faction frigs, I bet we can find 4 differents ship able to do each Burner ^^
Cat Akakami
Big Titz High Critz
#242 - 2014-08-27 12:52:43 UTC
Spc One wrote:
Chuck Sanussi wrote:
Um.
Maulus 3x damp, DDA and drones, rails.

These npc's are immune to ewar so you can't use damps, ecm...
I tryed it has no effect.

I disagree, I successfully jammed and webbed the Cruor multiple times. But they don't have the stat you see when you look at the ship.
I just confirmed that the Cruor can lock and web @55km range. With perfect skill, even Tobias web (officer, requiring 22oo grid) caps @40km range. The webs with the longest range, that you actually can fit to a frigate are domination and true sansha, 15km range base, 30km range with maxed skills. Also max targeting range for Cruor is 42,25km without implants, mods or booster and i can't see any SeBo running on him.
Cat Akakami
Big Titz High Critz
#243 - 2014-08-27 12:54:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Cat Akakami
Archetype 66 wrote:
Again : all doable solo in AF with T1/T2 feat (no faction). I expect to see some T1 Frig (non faction/pirate) succeeding on some Burners aswell soon...

With Wolf / Enyo you can do 4/5 of those Burner and Vengeance for the Angel Dramiel.

k, You have my attention. What fit, implants, skills do you use to beat the cruor with an Enyo solo ?

" I expect to see some T1 Frig (non faction/pirate) succeeding"

I wanna SEE that. . .
Torgeir Hekard
I MYSELF AND ME
#244 - 2014-08-27 12:57:39 UTC
Cat Akakami wrote:

my 2nd Enyo died cuz of tank failing, my cap would have lasted forever and longer. Enyo 50% EM, 67.5% Therm... conflagration doing 50/50 EM/Therm. . .where exactly is your "wrong resist profile" ? Esp. seeing how i had ~80/80 resist during the fight. My 300 turret dps should be more then a match for your wolf

92/82 rez on wolf and armor slowly going out. Good thing 400mm plate gives plenty of EHP to chew through.
Your 300 turret DPS is kin/therm. Cruor has an EXP hole.
Cat Akakami wrote:

and no, i canNOT use any T2 frigs besides gallente.

And I can't use any T2 frigs besides minnie, thus I'm not crying that I can't kill DD and Worm anymore.
Cat Akakami wrote:

You obviously didn't bother reading much, but at least you agree on my main point that you basically HAVE to bring 1 out of maybe 1-2 possible frigates and massively overtank them, just to have a chance, assuming you have (almost) perfect skills or just pretend it's pvp and blob them "elite pvp, jita level" style.

I believe that was the point of these missions. That you have to bring proper ships with proper fits. Or lots of faction/boosters/drugs.
Archetype 66
Perkone
Caldari State
#245 - 2014-08-27 12:58:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Archetype 66
Cat Akakami wrote:
Archetype 66 wrote:
Again : all doable solo in AF with T1/T2 feat (no faction). I expect to see some T1 Frig (non faction/pirate) succeeding on some Burners aswell soon...

With Wolf / Enyo you can do 4/5 of those Burner and Vengeance for the Angel Dramiel.

k, You have my attention. What fit, implants, skills do you use to beat the cruor with an Enyo solo ?

Read : With a Wolf and an Enyo you can do 4 differents mission.

Try that :

[Wolf, Blood Raider Burner]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Thermic Plating II
Small Armor Repairer II

Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I

200mm AutoCannon II, Hail S
[empty high slot]

Small Anti-Thermic Pump II
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II

You may read that https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=369477

EDIT : Actually, you can even swap the web for a cheaper T2 and the Small Anti-Thermic Pump II for a T1 which bring you to a fit that'll cost you less than 10M + Amno
jackudza
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#246 - 2014-08-27 14:29:40 UTC  |  Edited by: jackudza
There are some videos if you are interested:

Blood Raider Anomic Site
Serpentis Anomic Site
Sansha Anomic Site
Angel Anomic Site
Guristas Anomic Site

Perfect skills but no implants/boosters.
Skir Skor
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#247 - 2014-08-27 14:39:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Skir Skor
I suck at this. Can we have the Burner missions back so they are the only mission offered?
Hakaari Inkuran
State War Academy
Caldari State
#248 - 2014-08-27 17:51:31 UTC
Skir Skor wrote:
I suck at this. Can we have the Burner missions back so they are the only mission offered?

They are, or were. Has that just changed?
Torgeir Hekard
I MYSELF AND ME
#249 - 2014-08-27 18:06:51 UTC
Hakaari Inkuran wrote:
Skir Skor wrote:

Went to SiSi to test some theories about T1 frigs and burner rats. And they gave me a regular mission. Bastards Evil
Cat Akakami
Big Titz High Critz
#250 - 2014-08-27 18:51:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Cat Akakami
Torgeir Hekard wrote:

92/82 rez on wolf and armor slowly going out. Good thing 400mm plate gives plenty of EHP to chew through.

negative on the EXP hole, nova missile doing max ~270dmg instead of ~950dmg listed on the fitting page against armor, that is including all used missile skills @lvl4. On the other hand my Void was doing ~30% of the dmg listed in the fitting. Also 92/82 on a frig is pretty much massively overtanked and basically bullsh!t by virtually any sane fitting standard. . .and it is seemingly not enough, if I understand you right.

Torgeir Hekard wrote:

And I can't use any T2 frigs besides minnie, thus I'm not crying that I can't kill DD and Worm anymore.

Not crying, giving feedback and seriously asking, how anyone could have ever thought something like that to be even remotely worth the time for almost every player. Putting aside assault frigate L3 and blaster spec 3, I have all gunnery skills @4, all armor and shield tanking skills @4, rigging skills @4, fitting skills @4, basics @5 (cpu, grid, hull, armor, shield), cap skills @5

Torgeir Hekard wrote:

I believe that was the point of these missions. That you have to bring proper ships with proper fits. Or lots of faction/boosters/drugs.

Hm, it actually looked as if they tried to make missions, that would test the players skill and reward it. But those missions only test the players ability to blob something or copy'n'paste "the one" and only fit for a rather pathetic award considering the amount of sp and preparation needed and the frequency at which you are given said mission.
Ofc there is always "the perfect" fit for a task, but other tasks in Eve allow you to make do with a substitute ship or fit based on your preference and/or skills. But with burner missions, the agent could just hand you "the one" fitting when you except the mission...it's not like any other fitting has a chance anyway...

Note: since toying around on SiSi, I just went and used the full genolution set, all armor (repping) related hardwirings and the synth armor booster. No change in the results. Bringing (2 ?) offgrid (titan?) boosters for a duel style mission seems somewhat. . . even more bull then having to bring frigates with 90% resist profiles....

That's only my oppinion, but a L4 should be reasonably possible for every player with decently advanced skills, no matter which empire ship line (s)he has choosen. And with more then just 1 or 2 specific AF. After all, it's is a frigate only mission, not a wolf only.

Archetype 66 wrote:
Cat Akakami wrote:

Read : With a Wolf and an Enyo you can do 4 differents mission.

Try that :

[Wolf, Blood Raider Burner]

Note I specifically asked for the Enyo fit since you claimed you can do that. Also note I stated multiple times that i can only use T2 Gallente frigates. Since Wolf has yet to become a gallente frigate I can't try the fitting given. Which brings me back to my original statement about these missions.
Hakaari Inkuran
State War Academy
Caldari State
#251 - 2014-08-27 19:49:08 UTC
Torgeir Hekard wrote:
Hakaari Inkuran wrote:
Skir Skor wrote:

Went to SiSi to test some theories about T1 frigs and burner rats. And they gave me a regular mission. Bastards Evil

Ugh. Figures.
Per Ole
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#252 - 2014-08-27 21:08:39 UTC
Seems the rewards are in line with other lvl 4s atm. This is fine, so if it stays this way I'm happy to do these ^^

Also, almost losing your 200m ship to an NPC really gives you a kick in the nuts, gj making these exciting.
Spc One
The Chodak
Void Alliance
#253 - 2014-08-28 00:08:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Spc One
"Awesome" reward on TQ ( I ran alot of missions so "rewards" are "little" better ):

http://www.netsky.org/burnerTQ.png
Cat Akakami
Big Titz High Critz
#254 - 2014-08-28 11:08:40 UTC
Per Ole wrote:
Seems the rewards are in line with other lvl 4s atm. This is fine, so if it stays this way I'm happy to do these ^^

Also, almost losing your 200m ship to an NPC really gives you a kick in the nuts, gj making these exciting.

no loot, no salvage..so it's debatable.

Also, just no, As they are now you either blob them, bring THE cookie cutter fit. . .or you just can't win them. I'd say mining is more exciting, with all the lowlife gankers around. . .

Spc One wrote:
"Awesome" reward on TQ ( I ran alot of missions so "rewards" are "little" better ):

http://www.netsky.org/burnerTQ.png

1.6mil reward ? <.<' It would be enough if you could win them in almost any reasonably prepared fit, which isn't the case.
Per Ole
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#255 - 2014-08-28 12:39:28 UTC
So... A Guristas agent just gave me a mission to kill a Guristas burner. Can you at least fix this, please? :P
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#256 - 2014-08-28 13:06:21 UTC
Per Ole wrote:
So... A Guristas agent just gave me a mission to kill a Guristas burner. Can you at least fix this, please? :P

This is intended. The Burners have broken off from their parent factions and their actions are not sanctioned by their former employers.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Cat Akakami
Big Titz High Critz
#257 - 2014-08-28 13:09:11 UTC
Torgeir Hekard wrote:

from the combat log

(combat) 329 to Blood Raiders Burner - Light Neutron Blaster II - Glances Off
(combat) 387 to Blood Raiders Burner - Light Neutron Blaster II - Hits
(combat) 363 to Blood Raiders Burner - Light Neutron Blaster II - Hits
(combat) 468 to Blood Raiders Burner - Light Neutron Blaster II - Penetrates

Jackie Fisher
Syrkos Technologies
Joint Venture Conglomerate
#258 - 2014-08-28 14:47:39 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Per Ole wrote:

This is intended. The Burners have broken off from their parent factions and their actions are not sanctioned by their former employers.

Does that mean there is no standings loss from the Burners original faction for shooting them?

Fear God and Thread Nought

Lugalzagezi666
#259 - 2014-08-28 15:33:11 UTC
Linkxsc162534 wrote:
The worm, he uses light missiles right? I dont actually know, im just guestimating from what people are saying.
If so, about how often does he fire, and how many missiles are there?
Basically, can you defender him to drop his dps?

Yes, I tried it and you can completely nullify his dps with defender missiles (I used worm with 3 launchers, not sure if 1 or 2 launchers are enough), his rate of fire is the same as t2 lml I guess. Anyway, worm isnt best frig to kill him as he likes to shoot drones.

Also I guess there is some bug with him and drones, because I lost control of targeted drone twice when burner decided to go after him (drone "dced" and was just sitting there at 0m/s and burner changed his mind and didnt shoot him again).

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#260 - 2014-08-28 18:42:43 UTC
Lugalzagezi666 wrote:
Also I guess there is some bug with him and drones, because I lost control of targeted drone twice when burner decided to go after him (drone "dced" and was just sitting there at 0m/s and burner changed his mind and didnt shoot him again).

I noticed that in testing although I didn't think anything of it. I guess in hindsight I should have mentioned it.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)