These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Ore Thieving

Author
Coffee Rocks
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#21 - 2014-08-22 10:04:12 UTC
Shanur wrote:
Roland Fale wrote:
Does anyone use jet cans anymore?

Raw jet canning by itself is indeed as good as dead.

This. Launching jet-cans is extremely situational now-a-days, and I typically only see it in ice belts with an MTU and freighter/orca present. Even then, the person is very wary of anyone else nearby.

In the past, jet-can mining was the way to do it and you'll still find plenty of stories online. These, of course, are confusing to the new players coming into the game :P

Another thing to think about: you may be seeing "secure cargo containers" that are anchored and password protected. This is another method that people use in lieu of jet cans, but you will be unable to access the can. Unless, of course, the person neglects to PW it - which I have found several loads of ore this way in the past Blink
Charax Bouclier
Silvershield Universal
#22 - 2014-08-24 14:27:21 UTC
I finally pulled off my first heist. Looked like a fairly new player (10 days in) and I don't think he knew what happened.

I've taken my first step into being a very, very minor space thug. XD
Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#23 - 2014-08-24 14:37:32 UTC
It gets really fun when you're at the level where you have an Orca alt to fiddle with, and you come across massive jetcan mining fleets which use the new and oh-so-convenient Mobile Tractor Unit.

But I won't spoil the game for you. :)

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Charax Bouclier
Silvershield Universal
#24 - 2014-08-24 15:24:32 UTC
Xuixien wrote:
It gets really fun when you're at the level where you have an Orca alt to fiddle with, and you come across massive jetcan mining fleets which use the new and oh-so-convenient Mobile Tractor Unit.

But I won't spoil the game for you. :)

Yeah, it is fun trying to figure things out, whether you commit it against someone else or you're the victim.

I was selfish - I just dragged a hauler out to double dip from that container again.
Previous page12