These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Alliance Tournament Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What exactly happened to CODE?

First post
Author
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#161 - 2014-08-19 12:33:14 UTC
Artemis Bowden wrote:
has clockwork pineapple confirmed or denied that they lost all their ships in the freighter?

If they lost all their ship, WTF did they field VS RAZOR? Pods?
Artemis Bowden
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#162 - 2014-08-19 12:38:55 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Artemis Bowden wrote:
has clockwork pineapple confirmed or denied that they lost all their ships in the freighter?

If they lost all their ship, WTF did they field VS RAZOR? Pods?

You mean they couldnt just re-buy the stuff?! Roll
La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#163 - 2014-08-19 12:57:47 UTC  |  Edited by: La Rynx
Whatever.
All stories CODE. brought came up to, where just lame excuses.
They couldn't even decide if that would have been paid for or for ganking this freighter.

I say neither is the truth, CODE. just ran away with their tails tuck between their legs.

A possibility is, that they just didn't have 12 fighters. Instead of compensating with less but stronger ships, they just quit.
Well i am very amused, cause nobody could do as much damage in short time to them, as themself.

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Julien Brellier
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#164 - 2014-08-19 15:04:29 UTC
Matius Udan wrote:
Green Gambit wrote:
Just keeping a timeline here...

At the time CODE didnt't fight because RvB banned their ships.

Several hours later they didn't fight to generate publicity.

This morning it was because RvB paid them 200bn: http://residentoutlaw.tumblr.com/post/95086813000/code-rvb-the-at-and-what-djentropy-said (mirrored http://imgur.com/upOKY5b ready for it being pulled)

And tonight it's because somebody paid them 200bn, but it wasn't RvB...

*gets more popcorn*

Acording to miner bumping they didnt have the skills. Once certain ships were banned they were screwed because they couldnt bring rookie ships. There was also alot of 'filler' about how they are the best at PVP ever (honest guv!) and how they beat clockwork orange because role playing is more important than a bit of honor.
So basically RvB pulled off a genius move to end the match before it started and I can only assume the money thing is a troll to make more tears.

Talos and Catalysts were banned.

If you have the skills for a Talos, you will have skills for Brutix, Mymidon, Thorax, Vexor, Exequror, Celestis, Algos, Tristan, Incursus, Atron, Imicus, Maulus and Navitas.

Are you telling me they claim not be be able to make a decent fleet from that lot?
CODE just shat it.
Rabe Raptor
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#165 - 2014-08-19 16:39:49 UTC
La Rynx wrote:
Whatever.
They couldn't even decide if that would have been paid for or for ganking this freighter.

I say neither is the truth, CODE. just ran away with their tails tuck between their legs.

A possibility is, that they just didn't have 12 fighters. Instead of compensating with less but stronger ships, they just quit.
Well i am very amused, cause nobody could do as much damage in short time to them, as themself.

There's no shame in deciding to gank freighters instead; its our most fun activity!

Together we can make Highsec a better place! www.lawofhighsec.com

Read it, share it, learn it, quote it, memorize it,  live it, breathe it!

La Rynx
Caldari State
#166 - 2014-08-19 16:47:20 UTC  |  Edited by: La Rynx
Rabe Raptor wrote:

There's no shame in deciding to gank freighters...

Thats right
Smile

Rabe Raptor wrote:

...instead;

But ganking freighters instead appearing at AT and run away with you tail tucked betwenn your legs.
Well there IS shame.
A lot of shame!
Cool

EPIC FAIL codies!
PS oh and don't forget laughter, HARD and loud Laughter about those "Elite PvPlers" that codies claim to be.

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#167 - 2014-08-19 16:47:45 UTC
La Rynx wrote:

What damage? They're an alliance that exists for the sole purpose of enforcing the Code throughout highsec. As long as there are cats and neutron blasters they'll keep on trucking.

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

La Rynx
Caldari State
#168 - 2014-08-19 16:50:41 UTC
admiral root wrote:
La Rynx wrote:

What damage? They're an alliance that exists for the sole purpose of enforcing the Code throughout highsec. As long as there are cats and neutron blasters they'll keep on trucking.

To enforce they need to be feared.
Right now they are laughed at.

As well claiming those ganks would be "Elite PvP" got a certain funny spin!

Elite PvP Codie style means run as fast you can and please great speedy gonzales when you pass him!

Big smile

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#169 - 2014-08-19 16:51:57 UTC
No, to enforce they need ships, guns, ammo and targets. Highsec will always have hundreds, if not thousands, of people who "play" AFK so Code will always have their purpose.

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#170 - 2014-08-19 22:08:31 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
I have removed some rule breaking posts and those quoting them. As always I let some edge cases stay.
Please people, keep it on topic and above all civil!

The Rules:
4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.

Thread re-opened.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

John Frohike
Revival.
#171 - 2014-08-20 01:59:30 UTC
I'm fairly curious what the official CCP response will be.
Naydra Adni
Doomheim
#172 - 2014-08-20 02:25:08 UTC
wait... so the code kiddies, instead of practicing, ganked a freighter that was carrying tourney ships for a team they weren't even fighting that round... and then cowered in the corner instead of playing their round because cats and talos weren't allowed?
and then scrambled and put together some kind of "it was the honorable thing to do" failspin on it?
John Frohike
Revival.
#173 - 2014-08-20 14:58:36 UTC
Rabe Raptor wrote:
There is a mittani story forthcoming on this but long story short, we ganked a freighter with another alliance's tournament fleet in it. We withdrew after having seen it; anything otherwise would compromise the integrity of the tournament.

The only coverage on TheMittani.com is that CODE ragequit with their ships banned and not enough pilots, not even a mention of a pay-off or your supposed freighter gank. Would somebody from CODE like to offer another excuse?
admiral root
Red Galaxy
#174 - 2014-08-20 15:59:53 UTC
John Frohike wrote:
Rabe Raptor wrote:
There is a mittani story forthcoming on this but long story short, we ganked a freighter with another alliance's tournament fleet in it. We withdrew after having seen it; anything otherwise would compromise the integrity of the tournament.

The only coverage on TheMittani.com is that CODE ragequit with their ships banned and not enough pilots, not even a mention of a pay-off or your supposed freighter gank. Would somebody from CODE like to offer another excuse?

Anyone notice the high number of NPCs in this thread demanding explanations, throwing insults, ignoring much of what's said and generally smacktalking?

John Frohike
Revival.
#175 - 2014-08-20 17:11:55 UTC
admiral root wrote:
John Frohike wrote:
Rabe Raptor wrote:

Anyone notice the high number of NPCs in this thread demanding explanations, throwing insults, ignoring much of what's said and generally smacktalking?

Deflection, a sure sign you've got nothing.
admiral root
Red Galaxy
#176 - 2014-08-20 17:20:53 UTC
John Frohike wrote:

Not deflecting, just pointing out that Caldari State is not permitted to enter Deep Core Mining into the alliance tournament. I guess really that means you're the one who's got nothing.

John Frohike
Revival.
#177 - 2014-08-20 18:40:29 UTC  |  Edited by: John Frohike
admiral root wrote:
John Frohike wrote:

Not deflecting, just pointing out that Caldari State is not permitted to enter Deep Core Mining into the alliance tournament. I guess really that means you're the one who's got nothing.

So because I'm between corps and therefore not eligible for AT competition I'm not allowed to comment? By that logic you shouldn't be here either. Using bad logic to deflect from the truth is a sure sign of desperation.
Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#178 - 2014-08-20 20:29:36 UTC
Rabe Raptor wrote:
La Rynx wrote:
Whatever.

There's no shame in deciding to gank freighters instead; its our most fun activity!

Pathetic man ...

Tal

Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#179 - 2014-08-20 20:31:05 UTC
admiral root wrote:
John Frohike wrote:
Rabe Raptor wrote:

No not really, haven't seen anything like a good excuse for not showing ...

Tal

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#180 - 2014-08-20 21:03:07 UTC
Talon SilverHawk wrote:
No not really, haven't seen anything like a good excuse for not showing ...

Why are you entitled to an explanation, excuse or anything else? Why do you need to sign your posts when your character is right there in the postbit? Why is bacon so delicious?