These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Alliance Tournament Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What exactly happened to CODE?

First post
Author
Robert Sawyer
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#121 - 2014-08-18 10:56:46 UTC
CODE = useless wusses

'nuff said

"And when, at last, the moment is yours, that agony will become your greatest triumph."

You're Mum
The New Eden Yacht Club
The New Eden Yacht Club.
#122 - 2014-08-18 11:03:02 UTC
Grog Aftermath wrote:
There should be no scamming or bribing or simply trying to bring the tournament into disrepute allowed. For the tournament to work it has to be serious for it to mean anything.

scamming or bribing are what eve was built on, its one of the main things that brings people into this game.
Hell every year there is one corp that bribes another, in local no less, to fly (or this year MJD) out of the field.

CCP’s song: 99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs, you take one down patch it around, 127 little bugs in the code

Solecist Project
#123 - 2014-08-18 11:18:27 UTC
Sergeant Justice wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
http://residentoutlaw.tumblr.com - CODE, RvB, the AT, and what DJEntropy said .... :)

The damagecontrol is strong in this one. 0/10 for no effort though

Pretty sure selling spots at this stage is forbidden anyway.

I'm just posting what he told me...
... not that you nobody would ever understand what's going on anyway. (:

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#124 - 2014-08-18 11:20:31 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Serene Repose wrote:
What exactly happened to CODE? Why, they showed us who they really are. They also showed us what ganking miners really is. Think about it. If THEY can do it, then....but we've wasted SO much bandwidth on CODE. They are what happens when you leave a huge HOLE in your stuff. Trying to build an empire off the suicide gank? Noooooo. They never had it in them to think that thought! Trying to SEEM like they've built an empire off the suicide gank? Now you're talking.

What happened to CODE happens to us all. Some of us can meet the moment. Some of us cannot:

Eventually, life delivers unto you the "Put up or shut up" moment.

CODE's came. CODE went. Those of you who thought there was more to them than this
need to recalibrate your thinking.

That's an awful lot of words just to say "Grrrr, Code", especially when you follow it with:

Serene Repose wrote:
Oh yes, and the AT is rigged. But, I've been saying that for YEARS.

Which translates to: "Code could never have won, anyway, because the outcome was already decided".

Tyburn Stannis wrote:
If you wanted to be laughed with, a fleet of T1 fit T1 frigs named "Catalyst" would have gotten the same attention, and far, far less genuine derision.

The code haters *Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal. are always going to hate, because there's nothing as stubborn as a stubborn carebear with a mis-placed sense of entitlement.

I don't know the details of what happened, despite trying to translate that reddit crap into English, but it seems to me that the outcome (intended or otherwise) was that Code have given the audience what they wanted. The truth will come out eventually, and it'll be conveniently ignored by those it doesn't suit just like every time something happens, be it a drunk comment at fanfest or Black Legion's participation in the Fountain war.

If laughter and derision could power shields then those mocking (especially the NPCs who can't even be in an alliance tournament team) would be safe from ganks forever. However, in the real Eve, Code are still going to be making things go boom and people are still going to be getting mad over it.

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Rabe Raptor
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#125 - 2014-08-18 12:21:49 UTC
S'Way wrote:
Rabe Raptor wrote:
There is a mittani story forthcoming on this but long story short, we ganked a freighter with another alliance's tournament fleet in it. We withdrew after having seen it; anything otherwise would compromise the integrity of the tournament.

Maybe I'm cynical but if this actually happened wouldn't that killmail be uploaded somewhere by now ? (with API linked killboards and such being pretty much standard these days).

The kill is up on minerbumping.com right now. You can find it in zkillboard too. Ask any Clockwork Pineapple biggie about it if you like, they were blue to us till we decided to keep it.

Together we can make Highsec a better place! www.lawofhighsec.com

Read it, share it, learn it, quote it, memorize it,  live it, breathe it!

Rae Lee Saxon
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#126 - 2014-08-18 12:41:55 UTC
This only proves again that a brilliant role-playing game (CODE) is not always the guaranty for a member quality.
This great role-playing and its content speaks my opinion on more loser as a good pvp pilots.

Miningships ganking etc ... an honorable fight ... no matter how well the initial situation is ... there is a lack of something (balls?).
S'Way
State War Academy
Caldari State
#127 - 2014-08-18 12:52:03 UTC  |  Edited by: S'Way
Rabe Raptor wrote:

The kill is up on minerbumping.com right now. You can find it in zkillboard too. Ask any Clockwork Pineapple biggie about it if you like, they were blue to us till we decided to keep it.

Well that's answered the mystery at last.....was curious about who would put a whole teams fleet in one freighter.
La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#128 - 2014-08-18 13:30:45 UTC
Rabe Raptor wrote:
S'Way wrote:
Rabe Raptor wrote:
There is a mittani story forthcoming on this but long story short, we ganked a freighter with another alliance's tournament fleet in it. We withdrew after having seen it; anything otherwise would compromise the integrity of the tournament.

Maybe I'm cynical but if this actually happened wouldn't that killmail be uploaded somewhere by now ? (with API linked killboards and such being pretty much standard these days).

The funny thing is, that codies are not smart enough to keep them from contradicting themself repeatedly.

loyal thingie and DJ Boy state, that RvB gave them ISK.
YOU state you withdraw because you didn't want to compromise someone and some posts later you write you kept the stuff.

Given that, i think it is fair to believe, that all CODE. Statements are Lies sofar.

Additional "Fun" comes up, when we take loyal and DJ seriously:
CODE. took 200 Bill. from some Party to manipulate the Outcome of the AT.
Thats Reason enough for some bans.
Little Reminder: the AT is not completely in the EvE lore. It is a E-Sport Event that underlies different rules. Cheating players in E-Sport Events are banned on a regular basis. This is not the usual EvE where anything goes.

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Miss Ratbag Rattus
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#129 - 2014-08-18 13:53:02 UTC
200bil? Yeah because RVB loves to bribe people so it doesn't have to fight... Right?

I'm going to assume that this 200bil isn't API verified anywhere?
admiral root
Red Galaxy
#130 - 2014-08-18 13:57:56 UTC
Miss Ratbag Rattus wrote:

CFC paid Black Legion eleventy-one gazillion isk and gave Elo Knight a new puppy for switching sides in the Fountain war. I know it's true because I read it on the internets.

Solecist Project
#131 - 2014-08-18 14:01:01 UTC
admiral root wrote:
Miss Ratbag Rattus wrote:

CFC paid Black Legion eleventy-one gazillion isk and gave Elo Knight a new puppy for switching sides in the Fountain war. I know it's true because I read it on the internets.

Rigged ATs happened before, I don't recall SoundWave saying anything against it back then.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#132 - 2014-08-18 14:27:02 UTC
I would imagine there's been at least one case of rigging in all the tournaments, I was just pointing out the silliness of claiming an exact figure when there's no evidence to back it up.

roigon
TURN LEFT
#133 - 2014-08-18 14:34:23 UTC
The briberies tended to happen because of the point system. Team A could have a slight chance at advancing while team B could have no chance what so ever. In those cases a few bill could change hands to make sure team A scored enough points to advance.

With double elimination this is no longer the case, so briberies make a lot less sense unless they are ridiculously high.

But even then, the chance anyone would bribe CODE would be less then zero. No name alliance with no tournament history or even any form of pvp background. There's just no point to bribing them to get a pass. They are one of the weakest opponents in the tournament already, if a team felt they needed to bribe them how would said team survive the next round?
Ahost Gceo
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#134 - 2014-08-18 14:44:27 UTC
And this is why I never found CODE worth my time or ISK.

Looking forward to seeing the long term results of this little revelation concerning CODE's inability at leadership levels to create a small organized team.

CCP ignore me please, I make too much sense.

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#135 - 2014-08-18 14:47:05 UTC
Ahost Gceo wrote:
this little revelation concerning CODE's inability at leadership levels

Implies the presence of serious leadership. James 315 is the spiritual leader of the entire New Order and that's all any of us need.

Ahost Gceo
Gallente Federation
#136 - 2014-08-18 14:58:11 UTC
admiral root wrote:
Ahost Gceo wrote:

Implies the presence of serious leadership. James 315 is the spiritual leader of the entire New Order and that's all any of us need.

Did you read the excerpt concerning this from Reddit at all? Loyal took it seriously enough.

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#137 - 2014-08-18 15:07:26 UTC
Ahost Gceo wrote:
admiral root wrote:
Ahost Gceo wrote:

Did you read the excerpt concerning this from Reddit at all? Loyal took it seriously enough.

He's a seriously good FC, so he's allowed to be serious. Big smile

Attivol
#138 - 2014-08-18 15:08:17 UTC
Chicken Out Deny Everything
Ahost Gceo
Gallente Federation
#139 - 2014-08-18 15:10:17 UTC
admiral root wrote:
Ahost Gceo wrote:
admiral root wrote:
Ahost Gceo wrote:

He's a seriously good FC, so he's allowed to be serious. Big smile

Well then, he could seriously stand to be in a respectable EVE entity where his talents are properly utilized. Because apparently, that isn't happening with his current group. Lol

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#140 - 2014-08-18 15:12:37 UTC
He seriously likes his srsbsns ganking fleets. Seriously.