These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Hacking Mini Game = Biggest Pile Of Crap Ever

First post
Author
Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#221 - 2015-02-10 21:56:42 UTC
Baggo Hammers wrote:
Not everyone hacks in high-sec like many of the whiners appear to. The hacking is to render you somewhat vulnerable to attack. Ya know PvP.

Shhh. The grid in hisec is small compared to nullsec. Do not scare the prey...
There is cargo scanner to avoid unecessary hacking, not every can must be hacked.

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

ergherhdfgh
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#222 - 2015-02-17 09:24:59 UTC
I am not a fan of the hacking minigame either but I know a lot of people seem to like it so if more people like it than don't it seems like it should stay. I mean you can make improvements but if you are in the minority don't expect the devs to change it just to suit you.

One thing that I can say seems a bit silly is that the hacking mini game and the archaeology minigame are the exact same thing. I'd love to see archaeology become something different so there was some choice or variance. If not then why not just drop one of the skills and make the other mod work in both situations and refund the SP.

I mean at least with say lazors versus projectiles there are some differences and you have to pick and choose when, where and how you use each. With hacking and archaeology both the mods look almost the same and the mechanics are nearly identical.

Want to talk? Join Cara's channel in game: House Forelli

Tamtaman
EVE University
Ivy League
#223 - 2015-02-19 20:35:41 UTC
The game is alright, only too much clicking.

1. Fewer clicks ( or most hackers will get carpal tunnel)
2. More cerebral .... its pretty dull and boring as it is.
3. less laggy.. sometimes my whole Eve client gets REALLY slow when i do too many of those ( mem leak perhaps? )
Dinassan
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#224 - 2015-02-28 07:18:01 UTC
The mini-game is extremely tedious and mind-numbing after just a few cans let alone trying to do it for a few hours. The people that actually like this "game" are only doing one or two sites at a time or they are simple minded. As for the people saying they are hacking cans in 15 seconds, I don't believe you are opening cans in null-sec in that amount of time. If that was the case it would be somewhat tolerable, but it still wouldn't be fun. I'm not looking for an I win button, I don't mind failing hacks, I don't mind the can blowing up in my face with millions of isk worth of loot in it as long as it's fun. This is not fun, it's on the complete opposite end of the spectrum from fun, it's monotonous, it's boring, it's down right asinine. Exploration itself is great, I love sneaking around in w-space, and null-sec, trying to stay alive because it's fun. This mini-game, it's not fun. NOT FUN!
Odeva Pawen
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#225 - 2015-02-28 08:02:43 UTC
Anyone else notice that the core seems to be in more random places now? Before, it was that the core would usually be on the opposite side of the start, but now, that's not guaranteed.

Overheat Keyboards! Load Rage posts! Prepare for a long, seething, back and forth about irrelevant things!

Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#226 - 2015-02-28 08:51:53 UTC
Tamtaman wrote:

3. less laggy.. sometimes my whole Eve client gets REALLY slow when i do too many of those ( mem leak perhaps? )

Noticed lag too, after the patch with the numbers, sometimes the mini-game can't keep up with me clicking the nodes. Sometimes it takes more than 2s to reveal an utility node. Never had lag before that time with the mini-game.

I'm my own NPC alt.

Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#227 - 2015-02-28 13:42:52 UTC
Dinassan wrote:
As for the people saying they are hacking cans in 15 seconds, I don't believe you are opening cans in null-sec in that amount of time

It more or less the amount of time i hack single can in null, 15 to 20 seconds. Sometimes faster. You don't have to believe me.

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Tsukino Stareine
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#228 - 2015-02-28 15:36:20 UTC
it can vary but if the can isn't trolling me 15 seconds is a fair guesstimate of average can success.
Poena Loveless
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#229 - 2015-03-06 08:35:25 UTC
I only do c5/null cans. Perfect skills takes less than a couple minutes. I like it. Not exactly for the fun of the mini game but the fact it is a distraction that creates pvp opportunities.
Orlacc
#230 - 2015-03-06 15:37:09 UTC
No null cans in a C5

"Measure Twice, Cut Once."