These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Pretty Much Being Scammed

First post
Author
Darth Ah'Na-tik
New Eden Mining and Salvaging Federation
#21 - 2014-08-16 06:11:30 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Darth Ah'Na-tik wrote:
Demerlis wrote:
New Eden is not a nice place. The pilots are mean and the business atmosphere is not exactly run by the most reputable of people.

Learn fast. Or you'll soon be biomassed.

PS. Your isk isn't gone. If the auction expires and you lose your isk will be returned.

Isk pretty much is gone he keeps updating the days. It will go from 2 days to 4 days then 4 days to 3 days etc. He won't be nice about it probably some fat bch sitting in mommys basement scamming for the hell of it

You keep calling people vexatious names and someone's gonna think you're mad.

Of course I am I could understand If i was a veteran player but being a new player and being scammed for everything I got it's quite wrong. I worked hard for that facking cash. I stayed up days at a time earning every little bit.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2014-08-16 06:12:37 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
I didn't think what the op was describing was even possible though.
Neither did I, once a contract is up as far as I know it can't be edited, it can however be deleted and reissued, which is what I suspect is happening here.

If the contract were deleted his isk would be returned.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2014-08-16 06:12:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
So, I just put up an auction for a Rifter for 10 mil cuz I don't actually want anyone to buy it.

There is NO option to edit the amount of time left on the auction. Now, admittedly, I've never done auctions in this game before, so unless shotgun rules are being applied (time remaining resets when someone bids) then what OP is describing is not happening. Unless the contract owner is hacking, which I am incredibly sceptical of.

I'm online now and I can put something cheap up for someone to bid on if anyone wants to test bidding. I'm in The Citadel region.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2014-08-16 06:13:44 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
Remiel Pollard wrote:
So, I just put up an auction for a Rifter for 10 mil cuz I don't actually want anyone to buy it.

There is NO option to edit the amount of time left on the auction. Now, admittedly, I've never done auctions in this game before, so unless shotgun rules are being applied (time remaining resets when someone bids) then what OP is describing is not happening. Unless the contract owner is hacking, which I am incredibly sceptical of.

Yeah that figures. Maybe it's a display bug.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Darth Ah'Na-tik
#25 - 2014-08-16 06:14:14 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
I didn't think what the op was describing was even possible though.
Neither did I, once a contract is up as far as I know it can't be edited, it can however be deleted and reissued, which is what I suspect is happening here.

I haven't rebid on anything it's the same contract as the only contract I've bidded on. Seems to me he keeps editing it because it was at 2 days then when to 4 then 3 etc has been happening for awhile now and the guy blocked me cause I asked him why he kept editing the contract.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2014-08-16 06:15:18 UTC
Darth Ah'Na-tik wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Darth Ah'Na-tik wrote:
Demerlis wrote:
New Eden is not a nice place. The pilots are mean and the business atmosphere is not exactly run by the most reputable of people.

PS. Your isk isn't gone. If the auction expires and you lose your isk will be returned.

Isk pretty much is gone he keeps updating the days. It will go from 2 days to 4 days then 4 days to 3 days etc. He won't be nice about it probably some fat bch sitting in mommys basement scamming for the hell of it

Of course I am I could understand If i was a veteran player but being a new player and being scammed for everything I got it's quite wrong. I worked hard for that facking cash. I stayed up days at a time earning every little bit.

Why would you put everything you've got into one auction? That's your own doing. Staying up days at a time? Also your own doing. Even if he's doing something against the EULA, you did those things to yourself and you cannot complain about them. Learn to take some ******* responsibility, kid.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Darth Ah'Na-tik
#27 - 2014-08-16 06:15:25 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:

I'm online now and I can put something cheap up for someone to bid on if anyone wants to test bidding. I'm in The Citadel region.

I'll gladly be a test bidder for you. Thanks for actually taking the time and replying to this thread.
Darth Ah'Na-tik
#28 - 2014-08-16 06:16:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Darth Ah'Na-tik
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Darth Ah'Na-tik wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Darth Ah'Na-tik wrote:
Demerlis wrote:

Why would you put everything you've got into one auction? That's your own doing. Staying up days at a time? Also your own doing. Even if he's doing something against the EULA, you did those things to yourself and you cannot complain about them. Learn to take some ******* responsibility, kid.

Lmao can't really call me a kid. Because I knew I could make some money off of it that's why maybe if the auction system was a bit better **** like this wouldn't happen just saying. The auction system seems to be a POS how it is now reason I say that well look at the abuse the person is doing to me right now?

If I recall correctly I haven't read anything about this online about eve so technically he is Exploiting a bug. Which imo should be bannable as well as the person should be refunded.
Shederov Blood
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#29 - 2014-08-16 06:19:17 UTC
Darth Ah'Na-tik wrote:
Seems to me he keeps editing it because it was at 2 days then when to 4 then 3 etc has been happening for awhile
Are you absolutely certain that 2 wasn't a 5? I know in Australia sometimes the numbers appear upside-down.

Who put the goat in there?

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2014-08-16 06:19:49 UTC
Darth Ah'Na-tik wrote:

Lmao can't really call me a kid. Because I knew I could make some money off of it that's why maybe if the auction system was a bit better **** like this wouldn't happen just saying. The auction system seems to be a POS how it is now reason I say that well look at the abuse the person is doing to me right now?

The auction system is excellent. Your one bad experience, which you brought on yourself, doesn't alter the hundreds of good deals that people get on a daily basis. I most certainly CAN call you a kid, cuz you're whining like a little kid, regardless of your physical age, it's irrelevant. You're complaining about something you clearly know very little about, because if you knew something about it, you wouldn't be in this mess.

Darth Ah'Na-tik
#31 - 2014-08-16 06:20:28 UTC
Shederov Blood wrote:
Darth Ah'Na-tik wrote:
Seems to me he keeps editing it because it was at 2 days then when to 4 then 3 etc has been happening for awhile
Are you absolutely certain that 2 wasn't a 5? I know in Australia sometimes the numbers appear upside-down.

Lol I can see properly it's at 3 days right now it was at 2 before not even 12 hours ago how does it jump from 2 to 3? Explain that.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2014-08-16 06:21:00 UTC
Darth Ah'Na-tik wrote:
Shederov Blood wrote:
Darth Ah'Na-tik wrote:

Lol I can see properly it's at 3 days right now it was at 2 before not even 12 hours ago how does it jump from 2 to 3? Explain that.

Sense of humour. You need one.

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2014-08-16 06:22:36 UTC
Darth Ah'Na-tik wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:

I'll gladly be a test bidder for you. Thanks for actually taking the time and replying to this thread.

No, if we're gonna test it, I'll take someone I know is unbiased, mature, and actually interested in checking this out.

Darth Ah'Na-tik
#34 - 2014-08-16 06:22:54 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Darth Ah'Na-tik wrote:

The auction system is excellent. Your one bad experience, which you brought on yourself, doesn't alter the hundreds of good deals that people get on a daily basis. I most certainly CAN call you a kid, cuz you're whining like a little kid, regardless of your physical age, it's irrelevant. You're complaining about something you clearly know very little about, because if you knew something about it, you wouldn't be in this mess.

Coming from a developer of a few games before in my past I very much can argue what I feel like can be argued about. This system should of been altered so crap like this wouldn't happen. When a auction starts it should count down properly instead of being able to edit and altar an auction. That's not classified as an auction anymore because auctions have time limits and also have highest bids gets it.

Yes this is a bad experience and it will also be a learning experience. The fact that it happened to begin with though for someone who hasn't even been on a month on this toon is quite pathetic though. I understand CCP works hard to please everyone but exploits and bugs come first before content.
Paranoid Loyd
#35 - 2014-08-16 06:27:31 UTC
Darth Ah'Na-tik wrote:
Shederov Blood wrote:
Darth Ah'Na-tik wrote:

I see two days

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2014-08-16 06:28:11 UTC
Darth Ah'Na-tik wrote:
Coming from a developer of a few games before in my past...

If I had an isk for every time someone claimed to be a developer, and tried to use that to justify their criticisms of something they know virtually nothing about, I'd own Delve.

For one thing, we don't have ANY confirmation that the amount of time left on this auction is changing except for YOUR claim that it is. Get some evidence, and I'll believe that it's happening, because right now, after testing the auction myself, I have no reason to believe that it's happening at all and if it is, it's most likely a bug that requires a petition, not a whiny forum post accusing someone you know nothing about of being heinous and 'pathetic'.

Shederov Blood
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#37 - 2014-08-16 06:28:42 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
I see two days
Ditto.

Who put the goat in there?

Darth Ah'Na-tik
#38 - 2014-08-16 06:29:55 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Darth Ah'Na-tik wrote:
Coming from a developer of a few games before in my past...

If I had an isk for every time someone claimed to be a developer, and tried to use that to justify their criticisms of something they know virtually nothing about, I'd own Delve.

For one thing, we don't have ANY confirmation that the amount of time left on this auction is changing except for YOUR claim that it is. Get some evidence, and I'll believe that it's happening, because right now, after testing the auction myself, I have no reason to believe that it's happening at all and if it is, it's most likely a bug that requires a petition, not a whiny forum post accusing someone you know nothing about of being heinous and 'pathetic'.

For one look at his name it's quite obvious that he scams I didn't notice his name till after I bid on the auction and someone brought it up to my attention. I'll post another screen shot tomorrow i guess when the time either goes up or stays the same.
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#39 - 2014-08-16 06:30:28 UTC
You can't edit the auction, you can only delete it - assuming no bid has been placed.

There is however a display bug that I've seen plenty of times where it says for example there's less than an hour left, and then suddenly change to less than a day, or saying there's less than a day left then suddenly saying 1 day.

Once you place a bid the ISK is withdrawn and will automatically give you the contract if you win, however you will still need to click the "Get Items" once the auction is over, and even then sometimes it can take time to get the option once it finished (caching issues I believe).

Anyone managing to actually change the time left is exploiting somehow then and then I suggest if you have proof to petition it, because what you describe is not how auctions have ever worked in-game.

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Paranoid Loyd
#40 - 2014-08-16 06:31:03 UTC
Shederov Blood wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
I see two days
Ditto.

OP, seems your optometrist is the one who scammed you. Lol

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!