These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Infinite point = Infinite warp Stab

Author
Samantha Floyd
Doomheim
#41 - 2014-08-13 22:04:42 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Heh, you want an infinite warp stab? Nevermind that you're ignoring that infinipoint is in fact a counter to capital ships, I have a counter proposal for you.

No ship anywhere should be allowed to have more than one warp stab, since as a concept they are hilariously overpowered in any area of space where you can't put up drag bubbles.

Terrible response to a terrible thread. Just no.... very, very no.

@ OP: Also no. Very, very no. I understand the mentality of having a counter to things, but then what would be the counter to the infinite WCS? It's endless if we go that route. At some point something takes precedence. In a PVP game, it should be the attackers module.
Solecist Project
#42 - 2014-08-13 22:07:27 UTC
I'm sorry but ...

... I believe that by definition ...

... it simply wouldn't work.

An infinite minus ...
... and you add inifite plus to it ...
... is still just ... infinitely zero ....................

I might have just made that up, but it sounds cool. ^_^

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Aiwha
Infinite Point
Pandemic Horde
#43 - 2014-08-13 23:41:37 UTC
Muahahahahahahaha.

Not going anywhere buddy.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#44 - 2014-08-13 23:47:03 UTC
make it a T3 subsystem, we all know the Tengu is underpowered :D
Serene Repose
#45 - 2014-08-14 03:55:15 UTC
The OP was just imagining what runs through a gazelle's mind as it's being hauled away between a lion's teeth.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Julius Priscus
#46 - 2014-08-14 03:57:56 UTC
Tippia wrote:
For targeted infinipoints? No. There is no counter. That would kind of defeat the purpose.
For bubbles and the like, there are only specific ship abilities.

there is... its called a mjd
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#47 - 2014-08-14 04:12:50 UTC
Ocih wrote:
The more annoying tackle are the 5000 mm scan res ships that will grab you before you can cloak.

I've never been locked before I could cloak. You must be doing something wrong.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Raiz Nhell
Tactically Challenged
The Initiative.
#48 - 2014-08-14 04:39:15 UTC
I'm still waiting to find out what happens when you put a net on a full speed elephant...

Assuming I'm stationary and the elephant does not have a cloak.

There is no such thing as a fair fight...

If your fighting fair you have automatically put yourself at a disadvantage.

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#49 - 2014-08-14 05:32:57 UTC
Inxentas Ultramar wrote:
Micro Jump Drive? As far as I know infinipoints are inifini-disruptors, not infini-scrams.

This is the true counter.

If you are both infini-pointed and warp scrambled and stasis webified to the point you can't outdistance any of your attackers, you are indeed toast.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#50 - 2014-08-14 05:40:40 UTC
Raiz Nhell wrote:
I'm still waiting to find out what happens when you put a net on a full speed elephant...

If you've staked the net then I'd expect either a net failure or a tripped elephant. If you are holding the net, then I would expect rope burn. If you've tied it around yourself, I'd expect your next award to be presented by Mr Charles Darwin in person.
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#51 - 2014-08-14 05:43:39 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Inxentas Ultramar wrote:
Micro Jump Drive? As far as I know infinipoints are inifini-disruptors, not infini-scrams.

If you are both infini-pointed and warp scrambled and stasis webified to the point you can't outdistance any of your attackers, you are indeed toast.

You put one ec300 on each attacker and laugh as they cheesily all roll "I win" at the same time.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#52 - 2014-08-14 06:15:59 UTC
Tauranon wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Inxentas Ultramar wrote:

You put one ec300 on each attacker and laugh as they cheesily all roll "I win" at the same time.

I imagine if destiny were still playing EVE he'd have micro'd his ECM drones like they were zerglings.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#53 - 2014-08-14 06:53:02 UTC
Ms Forums wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
If I netted an elephant will I slow it down 60 percent or will the elephant speed me up 60 percent? (Hint: 2 plus 2 is not equal to 5).

Elephants Forever wrote:
Q: How fast can elephants run?
A: Elephants can only run short distances at a time because of their considerable size and weight. They reach a top running speed of approximately 40km (25 miles) an hour. This is a speed that rivals even the fastest humans.

Lesson here: NEVER throw a net on an elephant!

Yeah I did that and that's how I ended up in Seattle.

Long story.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#54 - 2014-08-14 13:57:09 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
The OP was just imagining what runs through a gazelle's mind as it's being hauled away between a lion's teeth.

I find it largely to be the lion's incisors or its tongue from my experience
RegardIess
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#55 - 2014-08-14 14:28:33 UTC
Infinitestab would only be allowed to be fitted to a certain ship.. not combat ship.

Much like the infinitepoint is now, put to a very short list of ships. Then your not trying to reinvent a new counter?

I just think there should be an instance where there is a counter to this.

Even if it's a noobies fierst exploration ship with a 24 hour timer on it.. or something to limit use.

Thanks for all the ideas and even the trolls that are so diluted in their forum trolling they think everyone makes threads to avoid pvp or its outcomes.

I am interested in a counter measure. Much like the rest of EVE it sounds like CCP made an idea stopped it and leave the player base to use in game means(mjd,ecm,etc) to avoid this mechanic. I just thought there might be a real counter measure it terms of ship bonus/module.

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#56 - 2014-08-14 16:44:19 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Heh, you want an infinite warp stab? Nevermind that you're ignoring that infinipoint is in fact a counter to capital ships, I have a counter proposal for you.

No ship anywhere should be allowed to have more than one warp stab, since as a concept they are hilariously overpowered in any area of space where you can't put up drag bubbles.

You can use 2 mid slots to counter 2 low slots...
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#57 - 2014-08-14 16:47:55 UTC
RegardIess wrote:
Infinitestab would only be allowed to be fitted to a certain ship.. not combat ship.

Much like the infinitepoint is now, put to a very short list of ships. Then your not trying to reinvent a new counter?

I just think there should be an instance where there is a counter to this.

Even if it's a noobies fierst exploration ship with a 24 hour timer on it.. or something to limit use.

Thanks for all the ideas and even the trolls that are so diluted in their forum trolling they think everyone makes threads to avoid pvp or its outcomes.

I am interested in a counter measure. Much like the rest of EVE it sounds like CCP made an idea stopped it and leave the player base to use in game means(mjd,ecm,etc) to avoid this mechanic. I just thought there might be a real counter measure it terms of ship bonus/module.

Not every mechanic deserve a full counter. Getting shot has no direct counter for example. You can fit to reduce the effect but not outright counter it.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#58 - 2014-08-14 16:50:28 UTC
Raiz Nhell wrote:

If the net is large enough to get in the legs' way, you most likely get to slow the elephant as it falls down... If it was in front of you, you might get "bumped" in the process.
RegardIess
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#59 - 2014-08-14 17:03:51 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:

Not every mechanic deserve a full counter. Getting shot has no direct counter for example. You can fit to reduce the effect but not outright counter it.

I get this, but the reason for fitting any tank at all is due to the damage one might receive. In some way this feels like a counter to the guns. I also understand its not a "actual counter" as it does not mitigate all incoming damage (or rarely does).

Then maybe a module that gives the ability to lessen the chance. Then that seems even tougher as numbers come back into play when balancing it.

If titan wasted a slot for a module that allows him to break or possibly break the point. I wonder if that would equal out wasting a slot.. or two or three.

However i think a noobie ships with a limited timer.. would be cool. Still destructible, but has the ability to break any warp disruption devices.

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#60 - 2014-08-14 17:06:27 UTC
RegardIess wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:

I get this, but the reason for fitting any tank at all is due to the damage one might receive. In some way this feels like a counter to the guns. I also understand its not a "actual counter" as it does not mitigate all incoming damage (or rarely does).

Then maybe a module that gives the ability to lessen the chance. Then that seems even tougher as numbers come back into play when balancing it.

If titan wasted a slot for a module that allows him to break or possibly break the point. I wonder if that would equal out wasting a slot.. or two or three.

However i think a noobie ships with a limited timer.. would be cool. Still destructible, but has the ability to break any warp disruption devices.

Inertia stabilizer will make you warp faster to potentially get away before you get an infini point landed on you. If you are in a ship to slow for that, a wise man once talked about the best tank being a cyno. It just might work.