These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

No more Faction BPC from data / relic site ?

Author
Tolkaz Khamsi
Empire Reclamation Services
#21 - 2014-08-24 01:48:26 UTC
I haven't gotten a faction BPC from a data or relic site in forever. But a mission rat dropped a Succubus BPC a couple of days back, so there's that.
Rekkr Nordgard
Borderland Militia
Zero Hedge Union
#22 - 2014-08-25 21:33:26 UTC
I run a lot of relic/data sites. I used to find a faction BPC for POS modules every now and then, but I haven't gotten one of those for a very, very long time.
Shurq'Elalle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2014-08-25 22:30:42 UTC
Everything about data and relic is a gigantic friggin troll. Evil

WTF is wrong with the devs in charge of relic / data?


WHY do you think that after dropping loot roughly 75% after getting rid of the F____ loot spew mechanics that it's an acceptable way to make cash in this game?



Noob a - learns to fly a vexor and starts ratting in nulsec.

within 2 weeks is making 10-15m ticks and, most importantly, DOES NOT PULL HAIR OUT after having his bull____ minigame sodomize him with random number generator CRAP (which no other skill in game has to deal with. skill level 1 performs at x, skill 2, performs at 2x. This does NOT apply with the minigame at all.)

Noob b - learns to fly stealth bombers, astrometrics skills to find the sites, hacking and data to do the sites, and relevant ship skills to avoid all pvp while doing them. This requires about 170% more training than ratting does to prepare for scan sites.

After 1 month, noob a has generated probably 1-2b in rat money, 400-800m in sellable modules, plus salvage if he does it.

After 1 month, noob b has - WAIT - Noob B is still training the f____ skills to be able to hack in nulsec.




OK ... cut to 60 days in.

noob a - maybe has a few billion now, some backup ratting ships, and is progressing well.

noob b - just started to realize that after spending all this extra time, he now gets between 5m and 14m average per site. that's less than a rally point for God's sake. OH wait, you mean rally points respawn 5 min after completion???
wait, so you mean CCP just wants us to shoot red x's?


Srsly. the people who are responsible for nerf post can spew should be removed from employ with CCP. They have no idea of benefit vs time investment. In fact, I don't think they have ANY relevant ideas.


Prove me wrong, devs! Show us how your mangling of data / relic has benefitted the community as a whole. Show us how hard you're working to fix the massive problems with that portion of the game.
Nanny State
Doomheim
#24 - 2014-08-25 23:25:25 UTC
Shurq'Elalle wrote:
Everything about data and relic is a gigantic friggin troll. Evil

WTF is wrong with the devs in charge of relic / data?


WHY do you think that after dropping loot roughly 75% after getting rid of the F____ loot spew mechanics that it's an acceptable way to make cash in this game?



Noob a - learns to fly a vexor and starts ratting in nulsec.

within 2 weeks is making 10-15m ticks and, most importantly, DOES NOT PULL HAIR OUT after having his bull____ minigame sodomize him with random number generator CRAP (which no other skill in game has to deal with. skill level 1 performs at x, skill 2, performs at 2x. This does NOT apply with the minigame at all.)

Noob b - learns to fly stealth bombers, astrometrics skills to find the sites, hacking and data to do the sites, and relevant ship skills to avoid all pvp while doing them. This requires about 170% more training than ratting does to prepare for scan sites.

After 1 month, noob a has generated probably 1-2b in rat money, 400-800m in sellable modules, plus salvage if he does it.

After 1 month, noob b has - WAIT - Noob B is still training the f____ skills to be able to hack in nulsec.




OK ... cut to 60 days in.

noob a - maybe has a few billion now, some backup ratting ships, and is progressing well.

noob b - just started to realize that after spending all this extra time, he now gets between 5m and 14m average per site. that's less than a rally point for God's sake. OH wait, you mean rally points respawn 5 min after completion???
wait, so you mean CCP just wants us to shoot red x's?


Srsly. the people who are responsible for nerf post can spew should be removed from employ with CCP. They have no idea of benefit vs time investment. In fact, I don't think they have ANY relevant ideas.


Prove me wrong, devs! Show us how your mangling of data / relic has benefitted the community as a whole. Show us how hard you're working to fix the massive problems with that portion of the game.


i agree with everything you said, but the rage is funny, +1
Tolkaz Khamsi
Empire Reclamation Services
#25 - 2014-08-26 00:09:10 UTC
I took my scanning alt out for a hisec relic/data site roam the other day. Four straight hours of doing nothing but running relic and data sites. Total take in four hours: about 20M ISK. And a lot of that came from one relic site -- if it hadn't been for that one lucky drop, my take would have been closer to 10M ISK for four hours of work. (And seriously, CCP - empty cans? Is that just a troll or are you punishing people who fail to fit a cargo scanner?) There are BPCs, but they're lame ones that you can't even give away.

Hisec exploration is now officially a worse-paying and more-boring career than mining. I get better loot and salvage from mission rats. (I'm not kidding - an L1 mission rat actually dropped a Succubus BPC the other day, and I often get meta 4 modules worth more than a million apiece.) The only reason I'm training up my scanning skills is so I can scan down combat sites; I'm ignoring relic and data sites from here on out. They're basically just a big waste of time.

Also: why in God's name is there an Omber and Kernite anomaly spawn in Amarr space? You can warp to any .7 or below belt and mine all the kernite you want. And nobody wants omber. Nobody. Does anybody even bother with those things?
Stone-Cold Gunther Sabre
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2014-08-26 13:23:55 UTC
Would have agreed about the faction BPC's until the weekend. Got 2 in one data site for augmented hammerhead drones + augmented hobgoblin drones total worth 300M or so. I guess they are becoming a lot rarer but they still exist. Then got another 110M from sansha low sec.

Before then, nothing at all from anywhere (null/low) for a week. I actually made more in hisec finding sites to warm up the skills on the way to null.
Bayonnefrog
Blueprint Mania
#27 - 2014-08-26 20:42:59 UTC
Tolkaz Khamsi wrote:
I took my scanning alt out for a hisec relic/data site roam the other day. Four straight hours of doing nothing but running relic and data sites. Total take in four hours: about 20M ISK. And a lot of that came from one relic site -- if it hadn't been for that one lucky drop, my take would have been closer to 10M ISK for four hours of work. (And seriously, CCP - empty cans? Is that just a troll or are you punishing people who fail to fit a cargo scanner?) There are BPCs, but they're lame ones that you can't even give away.

Hisec exploration is now officially a worse-paying and more-boring career than mining. I get better loot and salvage from mission rats. (I'm not kidding - an L1 mission rat actually dropped a Succubus BPC the other day, and I often get meta 4 modules worth more than a million apiece.) The only reason I'm training up my scanning skills is so I can scan down combat sites; I'm ignoring relic and data sites from here on out. They're basically just a big waste of time.

Also: why in God's name is there an Omber and Kernite anomaly spawn in Amarr space? You can warp to any .7 or below belt and mine all the kernite you want. And nobody wants omber. Nobody. Does anybody even bother with those things?


You need to learn how to explore
Antillie Sa'Kan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2014-08-26 20:49:02 UTC
Nanny State wrote:
Shurq'Elalle wrote:
Everything about data and relic is a gigantic friggin troll. Evil

WTF is wrong with the devs in charge of relic / data?


WHY do you think that after dropping loot roughly 75% after getting rid of the F____ loot spew mechanics that it's an acceptable way to make cash in this game?



Noob a - learns to fly a vexor and starts ratting in nulsec.

within 2 weeks is making 10-15m ticks and, most importantly, DOES NOT PULL HAIR OUT after having his bull____ minigame sodomize him with random number generator CRAP (which no other skill in game has to deal with. skill level 1 performs at x, skill 2, performs at 2x. This does NOT apply with the minigame at all.)

Noob b - learns to fly stealth bombers, astrometrics skills to find the sites, hacking and data to do the sites, and relevant ship skills to avoid all pvp while doing them. This requires about 170% more training than ratting does to prepare for scan sites.

After 1 month, noob a has generated probably 1-2b in rat money, 400-800m in sellable modules, plus salvage if he does it.

After 1 month, noob b has - WAIT - Noob B is still training the f____ skills to be able to hack in nulsec.




OK ... cut to 60 days in.

noob a - maybe has a few billion now, some backup ratting ships, and is progressing well.

noob b - just started to realize that after spending all this extra time, he now gets between 5m and 14m average per site. that's less than a rally point for God's sake. OH wait, you mean rally points respawn 5 min after completion???
wait, so you mean CCP just wants us to shoot red x's?


Srsly. the people who are responsible for nerf post can spew should be removed from employ with CCP. They have no idea of benefit vs time investment. In fact, I don't think they have ANY relevant ideas.


Prove me wrong, devs! Show us how your mangling of data / relic has benefitted the community as a whole. Show us how hard you're working to fix the massive problems with that portion of the game.


i agree with everything you said, but the rage is funny, +1


Dev troll best troll.
Czeris
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#29 - 2014-08-27 17:25:44 UTC
Stone-Cold Gunther Sabre wrote:
Would have agreed about the faction BPC's until the weekend. Got 2 in one data site for augmented hammerhead drones + augmented hobgoblin drones total worth 300M or so. I guess they are becoming a lot rarer but they still exist. Then got another 110M from sansha low sec.

Before then, nothing at all from anywhere (null/low) for a week. I actually made more in hisec finding sites to warm up the skills on the way to null.


I think we're talking about faction POS module and tower bpcs, but I could be wrong. The other faction bpcs all still drop, just not those ones. CCP took them out of the game years ago without telling anyone in an almost identical fashion (i.e. just removing them from the loot tables). I would be very curious to hear an official word on this.
Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#30 - 2014-08-29 07:40:36 UTC
I spend a week in null, angels space, not a single faction drop. I think common BPC are droping less often too. Maybe it's not a bad thing? The rarer they get the more valuable they become.

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Sara Tosa
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#31 - 2014-08-29 14:29:55 UTC
two days ago a friend found a sansha pos in a data site, also its a while I havent found any completely empty cans, I think the issue has been solved.
Mhari Dson
Lazy Brothers Inc
#32 - 2014-09-03 08:04:43 UTC
Tolkaz Khamsi wrote:
I took my scanning alt out for a hisec relic/data site roam the other day. Four straight hours of doing nothing but running relic and data sites. Total take in four hours: about 20M ISK. And a lot of that came from one relic site -- if it hadn't been for that one lucky drop, my take would have been closer to 10M ISK for four hours of work. (And seriously, CCP - empty cans? Is that just a troll or are you punishing people who fail to fit a cargo scanner?) There are BPCs, but they're lame ones that you can't even give away.

Hisec exploration is now officially a worse-paying and more-boring career than mining. I get better loot and salvage from mission rats. (I'm not kidding - an L1 mission rat actually dropped a Succubus BPC the other day, and I often get meta 4 modules worth more than a million apiece.) The only reason I'm training up my scanning skills is so I can scan down combat sites; I'm ignoring relic and data sites from here on out. They're basically just a big waste of time.

Also: why in God's name is there an Omber and Kernite anomaly spawn in Amarr space? You can warp to any .7 or below belt and mine all the kernite you want. And nobody wants omber. Nobody. Does anybody even bother with those things?



That mission would be worlds collide, wich has always had a chance of a faction rat in both L1 and L4 versions. And as for empty cans in data sites, I see 'em every day.
S'No Flake
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2014-09-03 12:46:56 UTC
My guess is that devs did an average of some sort on how many cans people were able to get via loot spew. Maybe some people got 90% of the cans but most probably only half the cans.

So, when the loot spew was removed the loot dropped to 50% or whatever was that average.
Because of this, for most people that do exploration every now and then, there is not a big difference.
For every one that got 90% of the cans, this is a big hit on the income.... and it sux.

If before i pulled like a billion per day in 0.0 data/relic, today i barely get away with 300mil or so.
I'm thinking to go back to do lvl4 pirate missions in my spare time.
NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#34 - 2014-09-05 01:04:50 UTC
I got a faction blueprint since Kronos
Via contract.
They dont seem to be spawning or there is some one out there sitting on a pile of only them having successfully run the site otherwise
Which I can see quite honestly happening via a bot given the new pinpoint click for scanning and some quick pixel recognition
Or just a really really determined player in a fast ship, I mean really determined
Eve attracts such people
Banko Mato
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2014-09-08 22:17:16 UTC
As a funny sidenote:
GSO (4/10 DED combat site) seems to spew out gila BPCs like crazy. Never got blueprints in the combat signatures before, but now (roughly since crius hit) I have a crapload of all the t1 and faction BPCs I previously only got from profession sites XD
Previous page12