These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Multi Boxing for Unfair game play is bannable. Close Thread please

First post
Author
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#121 - 2014-08-07 18:35:29 UTC
De'Veldrin wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
O2 jayjay wrote:

LOL lets go troll ive play frogger and beat the game my first try. o wait youre a young buck and dont even know what i am talking about. go play COD and GTFO

Evidently that young buck knows this game better than you do, bringing the toons age into it makes you look a lot sillier than you already did.

you may keep your femur, i have no need for a silly cane.

I'm familiar with Frogger. I also remember Colecovision, and being able to play Atari 2600 cartridges on my 5200 with the adapter. Oh! And my C64. Man those were the days.

None of which matters given that you are still an unmitigated git.

Shockedwhat did i do
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#122 - 2014-08-07 18:37:37 UTC
This is what happens when CCP lets ISD go on vacation.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#123 - 2014-08-07 18:38:10 UTC
Shockedwhat did i do
Oh, you know…
That thing with the guy back at the place? We're not supposed to talk about it.
TheMercenaryKing
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#124 - 2014-08-07 18:39:31 UTC
Quote:
In the OP linked from GM Lelouch

"Hello there,

To make a long story short, automation of gameplay is not permitted; players must be manually issuing the commands to control their character(s) at all times.

Our stance on programs such as Synergy and hardware/software combination such as the G15 keyboard is that they can be legitimately used as long as gameplay isn't automated. Synergy allows you to move your mouse cursor to multiple different monitors which are hooked up to different computers and we do not have any qualms with players using the program for this purpose. If Synergy was used in some way to control your accounts for you without a need for you to be at your keyboard, then that would not be allowed, but I am not aware of such a functionality with this program. If Synergy is used in conjunction with some other program to automate gameplay, it would not be permitted. G15 "macros" which allow you to group different commands into one keypress are allowed. For example, setting your G1 key to press F1, F2, F3 and so on for you with one key press is allowed (although this specific command is not as useful as it was before now that we have weapon grouping).

"Our stance on programs such as Synergy.... is that they can be legitimately used as long as gameplay isn't automated......If Synergy was used in some way to control your accounts for you without a need for you to be at your keyboard, then that would not be allowed..."
Toshiro Hasegawa
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#125 - 2014-08-07 18:39:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Toshiro Hasegawa
O2 jayjay wrote:
Toshiro Hasegawa wrote:
ok - to heck with the debate about what GMs have said

lets move from theory onto reality ..

CCP bans botters for life
CCP does not ban multiboxers at all

thats empirical truth you can take the bank.

Consistency

Yes they consistently, for years now, ban botters
and yes they consistently for years allow multiboxers

Because in one case someone is at the computer pressing buttons, and the other the person isnt.
In one case a program does all the work with no need for human interaction - in the other player must be at their computer pressing buttons that do stuff.

History is the study of change.

Emma Muutaras
State War Academy
Caldari State
#126 - 2014-08-07 18:42:51 UTC
multiboxing its self is not and should never be a bannable offence if you wanna alt tab through a list of clients thats your choice, however i think there is a fine line that needs to be made a little clearer between botting and isoboxing.

while i don't isobox and could be very wrong, from what i understand you click ya mouse/use keystrokes on 1 character and it mimics said mouse action/keystroke over multiple characters to me at least that sounds like boting.

i would argue the player is playing 1 character (the 1 he/she is imputing the commands on via mouse/keyboard) and a program is automating the other characters using the data that was imputed.

but alas i'm not ccp, though a update to the EULA/Rules would be nice

Akashi Suenobu
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#127 - 2014-08-07 18:42:58 UTC
O2 jayjay wrote:
You may not use your own or any third-party software, macros or other stored rapid keystrokes or other patterns of play that facilitate acquisition of items, currency, objects, character attributes, rank or status at an accelerated rate when compared with ordinary Game play. You may not rewrite or modify the user interface or otherwise manipulate data in any way to acquire items, currency, objects, character attributes or beneficial actions not actually acquired or achieved in the Game.

Copy and paste from EULA

This does not forbid multiboxing. It just forbids using macros our third-party software (like a bot) to go faster than ordinary gameplay. If you aren't going any faster than you would at ordinary gameplay, multiboxing is allowed. I almost always run two characters, and I alt+tab between windows and keep them logged in at the same time. This is not against the EULA. I am also doing this on the same computer.
Yarda Black
The Black Redemption
#128 - 2014-08-07 18:43:36 UTC
I'm calling OP a troll

O2 jayjay
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#129 - 2014-08-07 18:48:17 UTC
Dont hate that i am trying to shut down your multi boxing world. that is why yall are freaking out. i have some really good ammo here and yall are trying to shut me down hard. Its okay. until someone get some actually evidence/ argument im not going anywhere. Or a Dev can just tell me to STFU and accept there decision. Until that happens bring on the pain ladies and gents.
De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#130 - 2014-08-07 18:48:34 UTC
De'Veldrin wrote:
O2 jayjay wrote:

LOL lets go troll ive play frogger and beat the game my first try. o wait youre a young buck and dont even know what i am talking about. go play COD and GTFO

Evidently that young buck knows this game better than you do, bringing the toons age into it makes you look a lot sillier than you already did.

you may keep your femur, i have no need for a silly cane.

I'm familiar with Frogger. I also remember Colecovision, and being able to play Atari 2600 cartridges on my 5200 with the adapter. Oh! And my C64. Man those were the days.

None of which matters given that you are still an unmitigated git.

Shockedwhat did i do

Not you Ralph. That other guy.

Though now that Tippia mentions it, that thing with the guy at the place was kind of wierd

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Dersen Lowery
The Scope
#131 - 2014-08-07 18:49:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Dersen Lowery
O2 jayjay wrote:
If you dont like the fact that i am pushing to stop you multi boxing incursions then unsub and leave. Ill wait until i get a more appropriate answer that isnt from trolls.

Astonishingly for General Discussion, there's very little trolling in this thread. Bafflement? Exasperation? Amusement? Sure, but that's because you really need to step back, take deep breaths, and start your discussion from your dislike of ISBoxed incursions instead of railing about how people who run more than one account per machine should all be banned (pro tip: you can do that without any additional software! You just launch one client, then the other!).

There's an effort underway to collect feedback on Incursions as we speak. You could contribute to that if you'd like to, but in all seriousness: this approach will get you absolutely nowhere. You need a new argument, preferably with a lot less rage and a lot more analysis. What concrete advantages does someone ISBoxing incursions have over a fleet of individual pilots? What disadvantages? Start there.

ps: I've never used ISBoxer. It has no appeal to me. Even if it did, there isn't a Mac version.

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

O2 jayjay
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#132 - 2014-08-07 18:49:07 UTC  |  Edited by: O2 jayjay
Akashi Suenobu wrote:
O2 jayjay wrote:
You may not use your own or any third-party software, macros or other stored rapid keystrokes or other patterns of play that facilitate acquisition of items, currency, objects, character attributes, rank or status at an accelerated rate when compared with ordinary Game play. You may not rewrite or modify the user interface or otherwise manipulate data in any way to acquire items, currency, objects, character attributes or beneficial actions not actually acquired or achieved in the Game.

Copy and paste from EULA

This does not forbid multiboxing. It just forbids using macros our third-party software (like a bot) to go faster than ordinary gameplay. If you aren't going any faster than you would at ordinary gameplay, multiboxing is allowed. I almost always run two characters, and I alt+tab between windows and keep them logged in at the same time. This is not against the EULA. I am also doing this on the same computer.

Alt Tabbing isnt multi boxing. This post isnt against alt tabbers. Alt tab all you want bro IDC
Paranoid Loyd
#133 - 2014-08-07 18:49:14 UTC
You have no ammo, no one is freaking out, we are trying to explain that you are wrong.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#134 - 2014-08-07 18:49:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
O2 jayjay wrote:
Dont hate that i am trying to shut down your multi boxing world. that is why yall are freaking out.
Nope.
The only one freaked out is you because you very clearly have no argument and it is starting to show that you have long since understood this. Your having to resort to lies and fallacies only demonstrates this fact even further.

Quote:
i have some really good ammo here
You should probably use it then because, so far, you've provided nothing to support your stance.

By the way, you should probably look up the concept of denying the antecedent, because this is where your lie about the GM statement comes from. It's why your entire line of reasoning is fallacious to the very core.

Quote:
Alt Tabbing isnt multi boxing
Yes it is. A very primitive version, but it's still multi-boxing.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#135 - 2014-08-07 18:50:13 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Shockedwhat did i do
Oh, you know…

How could you possibly know about that?!
Who told you!
Toshiro Hasegawa
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#136 - 2014-08-07 18:53:15 UTC
personally i think that multiboxing 3rd party apps are wrong .. and should be banned .. somehow .. but thats just me and not CCP.

I use up to 4 accounts at once .. and alt tab between them

the multibox tool allows you to do stuff faster than one person could do .. but only every so slightly .

if i had 4 accounts windowed .. and used mouse select + hotkeys i could probably do stuff really fast .. maybe not for 45 accounts .. but .. for 8 or something .. but no where near as fast a multiboxer app would allow me .. so there is a slight benifit to using them that makes things "faster" than just normally playing the game.

but this difference is allmost trivial by my exacting standards ... and for CCP they have made their position clear by their actions.

but one could play devil's advocate and say that usingt DOTLan to plan jump routes is "using a 3rd party app to make something happen faster in game, or the eve fitting tool, or a skillplanner" They all incur a time benefit to the player that they could not get without those tools. So where do you draw the line ... Well CCP gets to draw that line and they have .. clearly.

History is the study of change.

Notorious Fellon
#137 - 2014-08-07 18:54:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Notorious Fellon
O2 jayjay wrote:
Akashi Suenobu wrote:
O2 jayjay wrote:

Copy and paste from EULA

Alt Tabbing isnt multi boxing. This post isnt against alt tabbers. Alt tab all you want bro IDC

"Alt Tabbing isnt multi boxing."

Bill Clinton, is that you? Ollie North? Do we need to define the word "is" before we continue?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-boxing

Crime, it is not a "career", it is a lifestyle.

De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#138 - 2014-08-07 18:55:35 UTC
O2 jayjay wrote:
Dont hate that i am trying to shut down your multi boxing world. that is why yall are freaking out.

We're freaking out because you are consistently lying, misrepresenting CCP's direct quotes, and generally being an annoying troll. Frankly, you have about as much chance of getting CCP to reverse their stance as I do of being the next King of England.

O2 jayjay wrote:
i have some really good ammo here and yall are trying to shut me down hard.

You have jack squat, as has been pointed out to you multple times in this thread.
Well, you have your delusions. I guess those can count.

O2 jayjay wrote:
Its okay. until someone get some actually evidence/ argument im not going anywhere.

They have, and you still won't leave. That's ok, at least you're consistent in your inability to do anything honestly.

O2 jayjay wrote:
Or a Dev can just tell me to STFU and accept there decision.

Why should they? What makes you some special snowflake worthy of their time when they have already, repeatedly, and consistently answered this question. In fact, as I have pointed out in other threads, CCP even went out of their way to specify that ISBoxer was ok, and reversed a ban given out for it several years ago (when the dowel arrangement made its debut). Nothing has changed on CCP's stance since that time.

And as I am a De'v (see it's even in my name!): STFU and accept CCP's decision on the matter.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#139 - 2014-08-07 18:56:33 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Shockedwhat did i do
Oh, you know…

How could you possibly know about that?!
Who told you!

*cough*
Oops There might...maybe...be a youtube video.

De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#140 - 2014-08-07 18:58:48 UTC
O2 jayjay wrote:

Shocked

There is no facepalm strong enough for how stupid this post is.