These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

A Competition for All Pilots of New Eden. Especially Nauplius.

Author
Erica Dusette
Division 13
#41 - 2014-08-07 10:37:30 UTC
I don't want to hear from logs.

I want to hear from you now.

I ask simple question, no?

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

Amber Patoria
Division 13
#42 - 2014-08-07 10:46:32 UTC
Oh I can recall the logs ma'am, if you like.

She's the one who insinuated you, I and many other capsuleers here were psychopaths and compared us to primitives living in a cave and banging rocks together. Why? Because in times past some of us have exacted revenge on a very personal level, in people's faces. She rambled about how we're all-powerful space fairers and should be able to settle such things with money or spacecraft battles or something such. She said that to you, ma'am, while you were out hunting and killing other ships deep in Anoikis while she sat on her ass in some station, hauler, barge or behind some blue-print projector flapping her lips on the IGS.

She questioned your honor, ma'am and the honor of many other similar capsuleers. This from a woman who has never in recorded history fired a shot against another capsuleer.

Candi LeMew > It doesn't have to make sense. It's just the way it is.

Johnny cruz > You end up getting off today Lotor?

loĸι

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#43 - 2014-08-07 10:49:38 UTC
Ah, yes. Now I recall.

So she did. Thank you Amber.

Jinari Otsito
Otsito Mining and Manufacture
#44 - 2014-08-07 13:09:18 UTC
Pretty much it, yes. The mental damage required to think stabbing people is a good solution to any problem is quite significant, especially given the infinitely more effective methods available to anyone with our wallets. One quick galnet search offered up several dozen companies providing 100% efficient lethal and non-lethal personal protection options, more easily concealed and with significantly higher range than something as crude as a knife. Over half of these also function on aggressors wearing various kinds of personal protection gear and also have intelligent target management systems to avoid collateral damage and injury.

In fact, as soon as half these sites identified the browser as a capsuleer, they offered their premium products for free. I suspect they see the value in appending their brand names to eggers. So shortly, I will receive two different devices that both offer easy portability, concealment, non-lethal take downs at range and circumvention of most body armor this side of Dust Soldiers. For free.

Protection. Efficiency. Bystander safety.

But I suppose it doesn't soothe the needs of the mentally deranged, that ignores the inefficiency, danger and general pointlessness of a sharp bit of metal that is rendered useless by any number of factors.

Prime Node. Ask me about augmentation.

Marcus Gord
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#45 - 2014-08-07 13:22:28 UTC
Knives don't need to be pieces of metal. Ceramic works just as good, and harder to detect, too.

They're good if you'd prefer to be silent, or if you'd prefer to get personal with your target.

In a few moments you will have an experience that will seem completely real. It will be the result of your subconscious fears transformed to your conscious awareness.

http://i.imgur.com/LM2NKUf.png

Jinari Otsito
#46 - 2014-08-07 13:27:25 UTC
Nothing silent about a man screaming to high heaven. A man instantly incapacitated by neural overload, now that's silent. At range. Bypassing body armor. If you really have to get your stab on, it should prove easier then too.

Marcus Gord
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#47 - 2014-08-07 13:32:37 UTC
Jinari Otsito wrote:
Nothing silent about a man screaming to high heaven. A man instantly incapacitated by neural overload, now that's silent. At range. Bypassing body armor. If you really have to get your stab on, it should prove easier then too.

Some prefer the personal touch.

In a few moments you will have an experience that will seem completely real. It will be the result of your subconscious fears transformed to your conscious awareness.

Jinari Otsito
#48 - 2014-08-07 13:47:43 UTC
See my earlier posts on mental issues.

Marcus Gord
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#49 - 2014-08-07 13:54:13 UTC
I blow up ships because I enjoy the hunt, and I get paid. Mostly because I get paid.

What mental issues did you mean?

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#50 - 2014-08-07 14:19:41 UTC
Jinari Otsito wrote:

Most of the people I spoke of died rather quiet actually. It was no grand or elaborate events, very simple justice Miss Osito. Although am sure Amber prefer they suffer much more.

But to speak of noise, you have heard the noise a woman make when being tortured perhaps? Or the screams during assault of most depraved kind? You speak to me of psychopaths, well Mr Gord speaks of some preferring personal touch and he is correct. But it also often more a matter of some deserving personal touch.

Your views your own to have. But for you to make insult and dishonorable words toward me for telling of Amber's suffering and fate of her 'masters' is to downplay her very suffering and to dishonor me, and so for whole family. For this you already know of forever consequence. If you wish to learn how rectify you can ask for speak to me.

Bai'xao Meiyi
#51 - 2014-08-07 14:24:34 UTC
I have a proposal for the three of you; Jinari, Erica and Marcus. Why not prove your methods true on our dear hated bigot, Nauplius?
Marcus Gord
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#52 - 2014-08-07 14:27:21 UTC
Bai'xao Meiyi wrote:
I have a proposal for the three of you; Jinari, Erica and Marcus. Why not prove your methods true on our dear hated bigot, Nauplius?

Unfortunately, as I've already said, I'm planetside for the entire duration of your competion. There is no way I can reschedule at this point.

Besides, I feel it would be rather difficult to get into a position to strike at Mr Nauplius personally, due to security aboard station.

I have ships for that.

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#53 - 2014-08-07 14:42:25 UTC
Bai'xao Meiyi wrote:

With all respect to you Ms Meiyi is no amount of fortune could bring me to spend time in Empire personally unless to buy fashions and see stylist. Honestly though I find assistant Ms Candi she handle most of this for sisters and I now.

Apart from occasional battle in low security system I do not like to visit in Empire unless for necessity, to meet friend on occasions or sometimes find entry to Anoikis. I have others in family or beyond to handle all else in Empire.

And this all I care about is family. There are many evil people in our society Ms Meiyi, the day Mr Nauply harm or dishonor my family is the day I would spend effort to seek same harm to him. Kredits and prizes mean little for me.

Che Biko
Alexylva Paradox
#54 - 2014-08-07 14:51:42 UTC
Pieter Tuulinen
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#55 - 2014-08-07 15:31:44 UTC
Jinari Otsito wrote:
See my earlier posts on mental issues.

Tut, Jinari. You don't have to be crazy, it just helps.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
United Caldari Space Command.
#56 - 2014-08-07 22:12:02 UTC
Marcus Gord wrote:
Jinari Otsito wrote:

Some prefer the personal touch.

I don't like knives. No.
I hate knives.

For personal touch, I can fight unarmed and kill with just bare hands, and if opponent has knife or doesn't - it makes little sense to me. They die same way with or without it.

But if I will need to use a cold weapon for some reason, I'll make sure it will be way longer than a knife. You know, to make real advantage - by its length. Unlike small knives, that will be really useful in combat.

But most of the time, I use my handguns instead of cold weapons - they work as knuckles in short distance, and can be used to incapacitate targets at greater distances when used as firearms.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Jinari Otsito
#57 - 2014-08-07 23:08:17 UTC
Oh god Diana makes sense, who broke the universe?! Step up and admit it, someone's been screwing with the damn fundamentals of reality and they didn't tell anyone else!

Good grief.

At least we see there's still some vestiges of Caldari efficiency and reasoning lurking behind the crazy, which I suppose gives a certain measure of hope.

Veikitamo Gesakaarin
Doomheim
#58 - 2014-08-08 06:33:46 UTC
I thought everyone had ocular implants with the ability to fire a high-energy x-ray laser through a liquid-crystal lens?

Kurilaivonen|Concern

Elmund Egivand
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#59 - 2014-08-08 07:01:01 UTC
Veikitamo Gesakaarin wrote:
I thought everyone had ocular implants with the ability to fire a high-energy x-ray laser through a liquid-crystal lens?

Nonsense. What we do have are music players in our ears, AR displays in our eyes and a high-powered cerebro-spinal fluid-cooled CPU in our brain.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Jennifer Maxwell
Crimson Serpent Syndicate
#60 - 2014-08-08 07:26:22 UTC
Interesting though this event sounds, I'm not going to be able to participate. The FDU is pushing into my home system, and I can't afford to spend much time away from system defense.

On top of that, I'm not a solo combat pilot.