These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New Freighter's - Mandated by EULA Section 16

First post
Author
Mag's
Azn Empire
#21 - 2014-08-03 00:58:24 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
You are, without doubt, one of the worst posters ever.

Oh, and your interpretation ignores the "in accordance with its rules" part.

The rules allow bumping.

/thread
This.

Bad OP troll post is bad.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#22 - 2014-08-03 01:23:27 UTC
I haven't read this entire thread but + 1 to mag's just because I haven't seen him around in ages lol
Mag's
Azn Empire
#23 - 2014-08-03 01:26:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
Riot Girl wrote:
I haven't read this entire thread but + 1 to mag's just because I haven't seen him around in ages lol

Working on my house. Lol

Knackered tbh, but can't sleep.. Evil

Hi Riot Girl. o/

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Zan Shiro
Alternative Enterprises
#24 - 2014-08-03 01:27:56 UTC
I think you should go to litigation OP. Class action little man vs big evil corp stuff right here.

And not just saying this as when you find an ambulance chaser who will take this lost cause they will hopefully drain your rl wallet to not be able to sub to this game and crap up the forums anymore.
Riot Girl
#25 - 2014-08-03 01:28:47 UTC
Mag's wrote:
Riot Girl wrote:

Working on my house. Lol

Knackered tbh, but can't sleep.. Evil

Hi Riot Girl. o/

Hi dude o/
Riot Girl
#26 - 2014-08-03 01:34:25 UTC
and yeah, the only way to get rich in this country is by working on houses so gg
Hopelesshobo
Hoboland
#27 - 2014-08-03 01:35:44 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

Within certain limits. The Devs have stated that you can't stalk and harass or bump for hours on end just for LoLs.
But Bumping so a gank fleet you already have formed up can come and gank is totally legit, agreed.

However, Op, even if we assumed you were correct, your proposals would do nothing. Since the bump ship has not aggressed the freighter, so you can't shoot it without concord attacking you.

Just to play devil's advocate here, but it does seem like the bumping ship risks anything for essentially pointing the freighter in this situation. Granted there is probably no real way to punish the bumping ship without having it be massively exploited in Jita, however I could see something along the lines of once a freighter has been attempting to align for double it's normal warp time, it just activates a short warp that has the freighter warp off grid, anywhere from 1,000 km to 100,000 km (A random distance in there somewhere). This would actually give a hard timer for the gankers to actually land on grid, instead of having someone scream for people to get back from their bio because you have been bumping a freighter for the past 2 minutes. To prevent the gankers from just keeping a scanning alt in the system, a temporary deadspace pocket would have to be formed around the freighter that would last for lets say a minute, to allow the freighter to warp off.

If a group of gankers wants to hold a target down for a longer period of time, they should have to use suicide pointing alts.

Lowering the average to make you look better since 2012.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#28 - 2014-08-03 01:51:06 UTC
Hopelesshobo wrote:

If a group of gankers wants to hold a target down for a longer period of time, they should have to use suicide pointing alts.

Conversely, if someone doesn't want to get bumped, they should have to use not suicide webbing alts.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Hopelesshobo
Hoboland
#29 - 2014-08-03 02:57:00 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Hopelesshobo wrote:

Conversely, if someone doesn't want to get bumped, they should have to use not suicide webbing alts.

Well, I guess we can take away corp mates from being able to shoot each other, and take away dueling as well.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#30 - 2014-08-03 02:59:53 UTC
Hopelesshobo wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Hopelesshobo wrote:

Well, I guess we can take away corp mates from being able to shoot each other, and take away dueling as well.

You fail to get my point.

You suggest people should be FORCED to suicide ships to keep a big, blundering freighter tagged.

I am telling you that instead of changing the game mechanics to the drastic benefit of the lazy, the afk, and the bot aspirant, that those people should just use the tactic available to them.

Which happens to be not even a suicide tactic, either.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

DJentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#31 - 2014-08-03 03:16:31 UTC
Mag's wrote:

Bad OP troll post is bad.

The sad part is - I know this dude. He's not trolling. Really. It's amazing.
Hopelesshobo
Hoboland
#32 - 2014-08-03 07:08:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Hopelesshobo
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

You fail to get my point.

You suggest people should be FORCED to suicide ships to keep a big, blundering freighter tagged.

I am telling you that instead of changing the game mechanics to the drastic benefit of the lazy, the afk, and the bot aspirant, that those people should just use the tactic available to them.

Which happens to be not even a suicide tactic, either.

I guess you failed to see the details in my post as well. If you noticed I suggested the freighter would warp off only after attempting to warp for DOUBLE its normal align time. Which means he can still bump the freighter for about 1 minute. Now, this does not benefit the AFK at all, because they will simply continue to autopilot if they get away from your initial ambush. Just set up another ambush on the next gate (Keep in mind they still warp to 15km from the gate). Now, because autopiloters do not realistically benefit from this suggestion, that means it doesn't realistically benefit bot aspirants (Which is kinda surprising since 90% of the time this term is used on miners).

Why should 1 person be able to keep a freighter effectively pointed without fear of being concorded for as long as they wish?

EDIT: Besides, isn't everyone in this game a bot aspirant? Because bots attempt to do everything in the game as efficiently as possible, just like everyone aspires to. Therefore, most everyone that plays video games is a bot aspirant.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#33 - 2014-08-03 07:24:07 UTC
Hopelesshobo wrote:

Why should 1 person be able to keep a freighter effectively pointed without fear of being concorded for as long as they wish?

Because that's how the game works.

Unless you know of a way to change a decade old fluidic motion physics system to prevent it. Because CCP sure doesn't.

Oh, and because people are allowed to die. Supposed to, in fact, if you want to take the game's economy into account. It takes twenty something people to kill you, and one to bump you. Meanwhile it takes two people to prevent it. One webber, and you at your keyboard instead of tabbed out watching Netflix. Hell, even being at your keyboard instead of autopiloting is enough to stop the vast majority of potential ganks.

So, I ask you a question. Why should someone who is actively engaged in NOT playing the game be given any protection at all?

Best Meltdown Ever.

Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#34 - 2014-08-03 07:40:49 UTC
Paikis wrote:
No.

Don't carry enough stuff to be made a target and you wont get shot.

I cannot carry less than empty.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Emma Muutaras
State War Academy
Caldari State
#35 - 2014-08-03 07:45:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Emma Muutaras
while bumping may be allowed a hard line needs to be draw somewhere i was literally held at a gate for just over a hour once on my freighter toon, no attempt at killing said freighter just constant bumping got board in the end and did a safe log off as a freighter has no defence against bumping apart from arranging a gank fleet to kill said battleships (there was 6 of them) which isn't exactly cost effective as your gonna need quite a lot of dps to kill 6 battleships all of which would be concorded.

so it comes down to whats better for eve people needing to log off to avoid people playing a strange form of space table tennis or ccp making some kind of ruling against excessive bumping

don't misunderstand i'm not saying ban bumping, but bumping a freighter for over a hour because your bored who knows how long they would have kept bumping after all it was the freighter that decided to log off.

its at this point where section 16 could be applyed

but really the best way to really hurt gankers and indeed everyone else is if the miners went F*** it and went on strike for a month after all no ore = no minerals = no production = no ships gankers might find it hard ganking in rookie ships lol
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#36 - 2014-08-03 07:51:23 UTC
Emma Muutaras wrote:

but really the best way to really hurt gankers and indeed everyone else is if the miners went F*** it and went on strike for a month after all no ore = no minerals = no production = no ships gankers might find it hard ganking in rookie ships lol

I always laugh when I see this.

Carebears never fail to overestimate their own importance to the economy. Has it never occurred to you that some of us are literally the people selling you freighters, retrievers, and mining lasers?

Best Meltdown Ever.

Emma Muutaras
State War Academy
Caldari State
#37 - 2014-08-03 07:56:31 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Emma Muutaras wrote:

Carebears never fail to overestimate their own importance to the economy. Has it never occurred to you that some of us are literally the people selling you freighters, retrievers, and mining lasers?

i have always built my own also i live in null sec and get most of my minerals from melting modules i get fro free via ratting still i wouldn't under estimate the amount of ore mined in high sec and its clearly being brought or they wouldn't do it
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#38 - 2014-08-03 08:06:47 UTC
Emma Muutaras wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Emma Muutaras wrote:

i have always built my own also i live in null sec and get most of my minerals from melting modules i get fro free via ratting still i wouldn't under estimate the amount of ore mined in high sec and its clearly being brought or they wouldn't do it

That giant run-on-sentence does not in any way contradict what I said.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Odithia
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#39 - 2014-08-03 08:14:10 UTC
I believe repeated bumping is similar to tackling (propultion jaming) and should award a suspect timer to the bumper, other than that I think current figthers with low slots are pretty well balanced.
Zan Shiro
Alternative Enterprises
#40 - 2014-08-03 08:20:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Zan Shiro
Emma Muutaras wrote:

your chance of getting every miner on this fuster cluck of an idea is real slim. Always someone who wants the easy isk. This would be how low ball buy orders fill up.

But lets say you do....you do know 0.0 would happily step in. For a profit of course, they aren't a charity.

If you like wearing tin foil hats I have one for you. Drone poop loot was not taken away to make miners happy. It was taken away as...here is where you whip out the tin foil....ccp saw just how large a pile overall the russians and their pets in the drone regions were stockpiling of mins and got scared. Scared as to what the russians could do if they went for market control.

They have not eaten up all these mineral reserves they have is my opinion even current day.

But lets lose the tint foil completely. 0.0 would just crank up mining to fill your voids. Just don't see them going awww empire miners on strike, we must show solidarity with them.