These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Protecting the mission

Author
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#21 - 2014-07-31 17:40:08 UTC
I'd like to point out that OP appears to be making a differentiation between the mission and his ship. But we're missing one kinda obvious thing here (unless I missed it, I skimmed the other replies), if they can't find your ship they can't get into the mission in the first place.

Unless you warp off at the moment they land on grid them finding the mission isn't a problem because they can't find it without finding you. Missions don't create a signature to scan (with exception to a handful of COSMOS missions are are based on scanning out a signatures anyway).

Once they are at the mission location though there's nothing you can do besides run the mission faster or kill them.

The Drake is a Lie

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
Infinite Pew
#22 - 2014-07-31 19:24:01 UTC
Xercodo wrote:
I'd like to point out that OP appears to be making a differentiation between the mission and his ship. But we're missing one kinda obvious thing here (unless I missed it, I skimmed the other replies), if they can't find your ship they can't get into the mission in the first place.

Thing is... FW missions create a beacon in space that everyone, even non FW players, can warp to (see second point down below).

Regarding the OP...

- As others have said... PvE in PvP fits (or mostly PvP fits).

- The idea of FW is that it is all about PvP and/or content supporting/encouraging PvP. If you think you should be left alone to do missions (especially in low-sec) think again. Even in high-sec you can be suicide ganked by neutrals or just plain ganked by enemy militia that are ballsy enough.

- Running missions in FW is best done using fast ships with high damage dealing ability (tank is, at best, a secondary concern as long as you stay at range) . You don't need to kill anything beyond 3 or 4 "special" NPCs most of the time so anything that can do more is just overkill.
I personally use long range Assault Frigates (which can actually defend themselves to a degree) or Stealth Bombers (which excel at getting away).

- Being in roaming mission groups is the most optimal way you can run FW missions. A few people get a bunch of FW missions and you all roam around, quickly completing one mission after another and ganking anyone who gets in your way.
You do not have to share LP unless you want to because everyone else should be earning from their own missions.

- There are different types of mobile structures you can place in a mission area, making it difficult for any aggressor to gauge whether he/she is walking into a trap or not.
However... you should ideally be done with a FW mission in less than 5-10 minutes making the use of such structures fairly pointless (unless you want the tags from the NPCs).

- As far as rewards go... if you blitz two or three level 4 FW missions per day you can be easily getting 500,000+ Loyalty Points a week. That's a few hundred million ISK right there.
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#23 - 2014-07-31 19:53:58 UTC
Ah yes, FW missions are the exception.

The Drake is a Lie

J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#24 - 2014-07-31 19:59:51 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:
Xercodo wrote:

Thing is... FW missions create a beacon in space that everyone, even non FW players, can warp to (see second point down below).

Regarding the OP...

- As others have said... PvE in PvP fits (or mostly PvP fits).

- The idea of FW is that it is all about PvP and/or content supporting/encouraging PvP. If you think you should be left alone to do missions (especially in low-sec) think again. Even in high-sec you can be suicide ganked by neutrals or just plain ganked by enemy militia that are ballsy enough.

- Running missions in FW is best done using fast ships with high damage dealing ability (tank is, at best, a secondary concern as long as you stay at range) . You don't need to kill anything beyond 3 or 4 "special" NPCs most of the time so anything that can do more is just overkill.
I personally use long range Assault Frigates (which can actually defend themselves to a degree) or Stealth Bombers (which excel at getting away).

- Being in roaming mission groups is the most optimal way you can run FW missions. A few people get a bunch of FW missions and you all roam around, quickly completing one mission after another and ganking anyone who gets in your way.
You do not have to share LP unless you want to because everyone else should be earning from their own missions.

- There are different types of mobile structures you can place in a mission area, making it difficult for any aggressor to gauge whether he/she is walking into a trap or not.
However... you should ideally be done with a FW mission in less than 5-10 minutes making the use of such structures fairly pointless (unless you want the tags from the NPCs).

- As far as rewards go... if you blitz two or three level 4 FW missions per day you can be easily getting 500,000+ Loyalty Points a week. That's a few hundred million ISK right there.

Highlighted the important part.

If you want FW without PvP, you better start looking to find another thing to farm.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#25 - 2014-07-31 20:36:53 UTC
Shanur wrote:
Or do you automatically KOS anyone who tries to avoid becoming prey regardless of how they do it?

Try not to get so worked up. Many people use the forums as a place to find targets. You've essentially told all of these players that you make a decent target because you don't know how to defend yourself yet. That isn't your fault, but you can damn well be sure that players will try to take advantage of it. If anyone actually does come after you (I doubt they will), be thankful for the practice. If they do track you down, grab some friends and blow them up.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Previous page12