These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

In-Game Events and Gatherings

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Venture Kills Competition - Brought to you by Code.

First post First post
Author
Tyyler DURden
Mordechai and Sons Distribution Co.
#141 - 2014-07-31 04:07:46 UTC
loyalanon wrote:
People Die, Antigankers Cry and the Code just keeps on Winning!

Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile

Be a part of the content creation this August!

Why does code continue to let you speak for them?

Tyyler DURden says "use soap"

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#142 - 2014-07-31 05:06:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Sabriz Adoudel
Loyal, next time we are both online, remind me to check how many Prospects I have in my stash, I might have to offer some of them as a comedy prize.

Thinking they might work as a prize for the yummiest pod found inside a Venture.

Or maybe for the Venture pilot that loses the most ships to us during the month? Possibilities are endless.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

TharOkha
0asis Group
#143 - 2014-07-31 06:17:06 UTC  |  Edited by: TharOkha
loyalanon wrote:

Do you remember this guy?Big smile

Arkady Romanov wrote:
Wow the outrage is palpable already and the competition hasn't even started yet.

Outrage? Big smile i would say LOL, not outrage.

Hulkageddon = perfect
Burn Jita = perfect
Venture killing contest = you serious? Bear

What will be next? ibis killing contest in newborn areas? Twisted

I just cannot believe that CFC is supporting this LOL contest... Bear
Delt0r Garsk
Shits N Giggles
#144 - 2014-07-31 07:16:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Delt0r Garsk
Ok well instead of all this posturing and complaining, I decided to run my own competition only with blackjack and H*&kers.

More Awesome Competition for kills *in* Ventures!

Seriously how cool is that. And first prize is 4 PLEX and runner up is 2 PLEX.

Theoretically you could win both competitions by killing the most ventures in a venture.

Only there is no blackjack or H*&kers Cry

AKA the scientist.

Death and Glory!

Well fun is also good.

Anal Canal
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#145 - 2014-07-31 07:53:20 UTC
As an update:

There has been added an additional fund of 315 million ISK prizes for certain newer players.

Additional information will be provided soon, but it is for newer players.

The Artist Formerly Known As AC. 

The terminal end of the digestive system. 

The Best CSM Candidate

Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#146 - 2014-07-31 08:46:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Gully Alex Foyle
Anal Canal wrote:
Lol my name. I hope CCP lets me keep it.

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

Kalishka Ashkulf
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#147 - 2014-07-31 09:03:16 UTC
I fully support this awesome and fun idea. Big smile

I dare say I'll pass the message along. BTW, can groups participate, or is it just individuals?

Why, thank you, Thing!

loyalanon
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#148 - 2014-07-31 10:04:15 UTC
Kalishka Ashkulf wrote:

I dare say I'll pass the message along. BTW, can groups participate, or is it just individuals?

Anyone can participate :D The code does not discriminate
loyalanon
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#149 - 2014-07-31 10:05:04 UTC
Tyyler DURden wrote:
loyalanon wrote:

Why does code continue to let you speak for them?

Who are you?
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#150 - 2014-07-31 10:42:06 UTC
Kalishka Ashkulf wrote:

L33t pvper right there

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Jaxi Wreckful
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#151 - 2014-07-31 10:50:23 UTC
Petre en Thielles wrote:
Jaxi Wreckful wrote:
Scumbag Capsuleer:
"Cries about CODE. sanctioned event that involves ganking ventures. Does nothing to save said pilots."

Perhaps a month long competition supported by you Venture sympathizers which involves:

- Most prevented ganks
- Most kills on -10 pilots in High-Sec
- Most ECM on -10 pilots

I believe Astecus tried something like this for a while but he is just one man. Perhaps you bears need less words and more actions.

I'd also like to point out that assuming a noob is ganked in a Venture, it's a way better loss than if we hit their Exhumer down the line because no one cared to inform them that we or others like us exist. I'm certain there are early game missions that provide you with 10+ Ventures. This thread full of tears is just further proof that we are the only ones who truly care about the fate of High-Sec.

High-Sec belongs to us, friends. You've already lost. At this point you're all just an audience so just sit back and enjoy. Lol

The Code always wins

How about a contest where we see how many kills New Order can get if they only attacked ships that can actually fight back?

I will throw in ISK for that contest.
It's not the Revolutionary War, we don't line up and take turns shooting muskets at each other.

This sir, is eve. I'm sure we'll make our way into murdering mission ships sooner rather than later and then you'll be back once more crying about how they're PVE ships.

Perspective in this game is huge and from here it looks like this glass is half full of your tears.

The Code always wins.
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#152 - 2014-07-31 10:53:40 UTC
No you just line up and shoot muskets at people who dont even know what a musket is

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Nicolai Serkanner
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#153 - 2014-07-31 10:59:30 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
loyalanon wrote:
As an added bonus Code Alliance is willing to give another plex to the youngest venture pilot killer during the competition!

This part is idiotic.

The rest, I hope you all have fun with it.

The encouragement to specifically target new players, that's just dumb.

venture KILLER .. not Venture pilot killed.
Jaxi Wreckful
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#154 - 2014-07-31 11:45:01 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
No you just line up and shoot muskets at people who dont even know what a musket is
Then stand idly by and watch as we unleash our first salvos.
Megaera Erinnyes
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#155 - 2014-07-31 12:13:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Megaera Erinnyes
So you see?

The savior of high-sec is not like regular eve pilots who care only about the amount of SP or isk you have managed to accumulate. No, James 315 sees your true inner value!

Even the humblest day old newbie, timidly venturing out of the rookie systems for the first time is a treasure in his eyes. All can be saved, you need only accept James 315 into your heart.

Truly, the blessed agents will be converting many a new player to a new way of thinking this month, many a miracle will be witnessed. This contest will be the catalyst for the creation of an even greater game. James 315 be praised!
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#156 - 2014-07-31 12:56:51 UTC
Lol at the people donating prizes it just makes code look even more lame and greedy, battle venture fleets would be a great idea for getting some cheap kills from code

TharOkha
0asis Group
#157 - 2014-07-31 12:57:04 UTC  |  Edited by: TharOkha
Jaxi Wreckful wrote:

This sir, is eve. I'm sure we'll make our way into murdering mission ships sooner rather than later and then you'll be back once more crying about how they're PVE ships.

Perspective in this game is huge and from here it looks like this glass is half full of your tears.

The Code always wins.

Interesting how often you CODE. guys use words such as "tears, cry, elite"... etc... Especialy in the connection with this competition..... picking up on ....ehm,........ VENTURES....... PirateRoll

(i bet that next CODE. elite contest will be rookie ship killout in noob systems) harrrrrr Pirate

the CODE. always wins

Join the CODE. be a pro elite uber PvPer
Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#158 - 2014-07-31 13:18:01 UTC
Creating content is always a +1 to me. I'll pay for the 3rd price. Faction cruiser by choice.

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Nicolai Serkanner
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#159 - 2014-07-31 13:59:57 UTC
Rose of Shadow wrote:
Delt0r Garsk wrote:
Rose of Shadow wrote:

It's like punching babies in the face and laughing at them when they start to cry.

Some people seem to enjoy it.

What is wrong with you. It is not anymore like punching a baby in the face than its water boarding Obama.

Its effing venture's for gods sake. With a warp core strength of 2. This is a *game* where you get to shoot other space ships.

If you don't like games where people shoot other people in space ships, then perhaps eve is not for you.

I shoot ships all the time. I love PvP Blink even though PvP doesn't seem to love me back .. haha. I'll get the hang of it in time Smile

The relevance of this competition is just... I don't know. I just don't see the point in shooting ventures. They don't shoot back and to get over the strengthened core you just have to change your fit a bit.

I guess if you're bored.. then go for it. But remember, there are many, many other less mind numbing activities to do in EVE Smile

There doesn't need to be a point. This is a game about shooting spaceships. It is fun to shoot space ships. A Venture is a space ship. End of debate.
Delt0r Garsk
Shits N Giggles
#160 - 2014-07-31 14:05:44 UTC
If you find this comp so dumb, then join a more awesome one:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=362124&find=unread

Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile

AKA the scientist.

Death and Glory!

Well fun is also good.