These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Anybody know what happened to the new Fanfest Dominix model shown

Author
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#21 - 2014-07-29 15:48:09 UTC
Its hard to get the New Potato model into the system before it sprouts.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Martin Corwin
Doomheim
#22 - 2014-07-29 15:48:18 UTC
Tennej wrote:
http://www.evemanufacturing.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/dominix-fanfest-redesign.png

Got really excited when I saw this but 2 patches later its nowhere to be seen.

I hope it had an accident and died in a fire. The only way you can improve the current dominix model is by giving it a CreoDron paint job (like the ishkur got). 'Cause powder-blue rules.
Kelleth Kirk
Caldari State - Osprey Wing 7
#23 - 2014-07-29 15:50:44 UTC
Hopefully, the redesign will make a return, I may actually consider buying it if it gets the new look =)

I miss having ISK.

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#24 - 2014-07-29 15:50:52 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Tennej wrote:
http://www.evemanufacturing.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/dominix-fanfest-redesign.png

Wasn't there some major freakout with everybody flapping their hands screaming "don't touch it!!"?

They could announce a change to the golden magnate which is no longer in game and some people would ***** about it because they somehow prefer old skin on a unobtainable ship over the new design for the still unobtainable ship...
Tennej
LoTax POCO Company of HiSEC
#25 - 2014-07-29 16:28:25 UTC
Maybe this thread could catch the eye of a lurking Dev. Would love to know the answer to this.

You Miners think you have it so damn tough.  When I first started playing we didnt even have mining lasers.  You had to fly close to an asteroid.....pop a hatch and gnaw at it with your teeth.   - Bitter Vet

Fred P
Carebears of New Eden
#26 - 2014-07-29 17:03:25 UTC
I, too, have been wondering what's taking so long. Seeing the concept art made me train Gallente Battleship V, and now I'm just waiting for the new model before actually flying the thing.
Kelleth Kirk
Caldari State - Osprey Wing 7
#27 - 2014-07-29 17:07:43 UTC
Fred P wrote:
I, too, have been wondering what's taking so long. Seeing the concept art made me train Gallente Battleship V, and now I'm just waiting for the new model before actually flying the thing.

Exactly!
Though I am explorer, and my ship of choice is the Stratios, I would like an awesome Drone Battleship, and the Dominix fits the bill, however, with its' currently design I cannot make myself fly it.

I miss having ISK.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#28 - 2014-07-29 17:16:14 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Tennej wrote:

Wasn't there some major freakout with everybody flapping their hands screaming "don't touch it!!"?

They could announce a change to the golden magnate which is no longer in game and some people would ***** about it because they somehow prefer old skin on a unobtainable ship over the new design for the still unobtainable ship...

If only some were given to... certain good and honest contributors to the community to make money off...

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Tennej
#29 - 2014-07-31 02:55:31 UTC
Still no Dev word.... :(

You Miners think you have it so damn tough.  When I first started playing we didnt even have mining lasers.  You had to fly close to an asteroid.....pop a hatch and gnaw at it with your teeth.   - Bitter Vet

Lugia3
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2014-07-31 03:15:57 UTC
Potato to stronk.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

"CCP Dolan is full of shit." - CCP Bettik

Tennej
#31 - 2014-08-02 03:40:31 UTC
Lugia3 wrote:
Potato to stronk.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

Not totally sure how the New Graphics would make it stronger. Maybe a little more attractive than what it is though.

Val'Dore
PlanetCorp InterStellar
#32 - 2014-08-02 04:21:53 UTC
They are still working out whether an awesome looking Dominix would be OP or not.

Star Jump Drive A new way to traverse the galaxy.

I invented Tiericide

Altirius Saldiaro
Doomheim
#33 - 2014-08-02 05:32:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Altirius Saldiaro
Arline Kley wrote:
It can take many months for them to get the thing from concept to reality, especially when they have to redo textures, make sure they fit the model correctly, and then make sure that the model doesn't have any weird and wonderful spots where the geometry is screwed up so that a missile looks like it misses but passes through the 2.5m hole into the warp drive..

Yeah right, for ccp maybe. CiG would have finished the Domi redesign in less than a week.

Look how long it took ccp to render the racial station interiors for Incarna. They had to pull artists off another game to do it.
Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2014-08-02 09:22:26 UTC
Mari Camos wrote:
Agree. Less potatoish now and more in line with Vexor hull. Better, but still not good, the same as mostly all Gallente ships. They look like frozen pukes, strange butt plugs and potatoes.

xcept megathton, because megathron.

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Oraac Ensor
#35 - 2014-08-15 01:26:29 UTC
Effect One wrote:
I got excited reading your post until I clicked on the link and saw that it still looks like a regular Dominix.

Get yourself to a qualified optician asap.

I hope you don't drive . . .
Shaklu
State War Academy
Caldari State
#36 - 2014-08-15 12:57:10 UTC
But that one doesn't have 15 hidden faces in it!! nooooo!
Mythrandier
Solace Corp
#37 - 2014-08-15 13:57:56 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Tennej wrote:

Yeah I seem to remember monument shooting level rage when it was first hinted they may remodel it.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -  D. Adams.

Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#38 - 2014-08-15 14:18:13 UTC
Arla Sarain wrote:
Same thing that happened to the Atron redesign...

I don't actually know what happened to them.

What's wrong with the Atron? I think it looks awesome as it is... and I don't even fly Gallente xD
Foxstar Damaskeenus
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2014-08-16 09:08:41 UTC
Mari Camos wrote:

Agree. Less potatoish now and more in line with Vexor hull. Better, but still not good, the same as mostly all Gallente ships. They look like frozen pukes, strange butt plugs and potatoes.

I laughed when I read this, thank you.

"[this thread] is a cesspit of trolling and flaming" ISD Buldath

Tennej
#40 - 2014-09-01 23:07:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Tennej
I guess the Dev silence is a bad omen..... kinda like the online numbers lately.....

Previous page123Next page