These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

L4 mission running needs financial buff

Author
sci0gon
Kaira Innovations
#61 - 2014-07-30 16:29:34 UTC
admiral root wrote:
sci0gon wrote:
in general any comment about a buff to PVE content in the game invokes a lot of people climbing up the walls because they want to see high sec as crap as possible with all the main focus being given towards null.


Or we want to see the most dangerous space giving the best rewards.



they already have them but are not satisfied, hence my comment...

incursions - highest payout
belt rating - officer spawns / faction spawns / almost constant BS spawns if chaining, apart from respawn times / Hauler spawns / SOE spawns that drop bpc's.
ded sites - highest level accessible in game with some really good drops and not having to combat other pilots to complete it first.
scannable sites - some of the best is in drone regions
missions - limited to hostile npc factions, which is one thing I'd actually like to see changed at some point.

Sal Landry
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#62 - 2014-07-30 19:25:34 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:

They need to adapt to the economical environment by either learning to blitz or to earn their ISK through other means.


Your first option is already prevented by default, since the people who aren't blitzing missions is the only reason blitzing is valuable at all. Mission rewards are based on average mission completion time and if everyone blitzed with perfect efficiency then the LP rewards would nosedive.
Paikis
Vapour Holdings
#63 - 2014-07-30 19:40:18 UTC
admiral root wrote:
sci0gon wrote:
in general any comment about a buff to PVE content in the game invokes a lot of people climbing up the walls because they want to see high sec as crap as possible with all the main focus being given towards null.


Or we want to see the most dangerous space giving the best rewards.


What have wormholes got to do with this thread?

Or did you perhaps mean to suggest that nullsec is infact the most dangerous space? Because if thats what you were suggesting, you need to get out more.
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#64 - 2014-07-30 19:48:00 UTC
Sal Landry wrote:
Riot Girl wrote:

They need to adapt to the economical environment by either learning to blitz or to earn their ISK through other means.


Your first option is already prevented by default, since the people who aren't blitzing missions is the only reason blitzing is valuable at all. Mission rewards are based on average mission completion time and if everyone blitzed with perfect efficiency then the LP rewards would nosedive.

Yeah, that's true. lol.
sci0gon
Kaira Innovations
#65 - 2014-07-30 21:44:55 UTC
Paikis wrote:
admiral root wrote:
sci0gon wrote:
in general any comment about a buff to PVE content in the game invokes a lot of people climbing up the walls because they want to see high sec as crap as possible with all the main focus being given towards null.


Or we want to see the most dangerous space giving the best rewards.


What have wormholes got to do with this thread?

Or did you perhaps mean to suggest that nullsec is infact the most dangerous space? Because if thats what you were suggesting, you need to get out more.

was thinking similar but, I haven't really paid much attention to wormholes tbh so I don't comment on them and leave it to those that have a greater experience. I would of said that I've seen more combat activity in low sec compared to null though making that place a little more active and ballsy
Hakan MacTrew
MUTED VOID
#66 - 2014-07-30 23:58:23 UTC
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
Yes I'm aware of the reason for the L4 loot price drop, yes I'm aware that highsec is safer than other regions but killing off about 20-30% of our income is too much of a hit.

Your maths is wrong.

In Null you rat anoms and get roughly 45% of the income as loot.

Highsec missions have much lower loot income percentages, primarily because of LP.

And as a reformed Highsec Carebear I say this: "You can't spell Risk without ISK".
Caleb Seremshur
Mortis Angelus
The morgue.
#67 - 2014-07-31 08:56:54 UTC
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
The value of looted items from L4's has dropped with some items losing >50% of their value and some essentially reaching the point of being of no real ISK value at all.

I would like to see a scaling implementation of mission payouts both in terms of LP and straight ISK rewards for mission completions. I don't know if this is needed for all mission types but certainly the highsec L4 payouts need a scalable change.

Yes I'm aware of the reason for the L4 loot price drop, yes I'm aware that highsec is safer than other regions but killing off about 20-30% of our income is too much of a hit.


I think the real question is what the hell do you spend all your money on? My golem runs for free these days. It doesn't cost a dime.
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#68 - 2014-07-31 09:18:35 UTC
I wonder how this thread would have went if instead of "L4 missions" it read "anomalies"
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#69 - 2014-07-31 16:24:40 UTC
Black Canary Jnr
Higher Than Everest
#70 - 2014-07-31 17:07:39 UTC
So salvage is a lvl 4 issue only? LOL

My salvaging in 0.0 just got shafted too, every ones salvage got shafted by the change.

Lvl 4's are fine at the moment, if not deserving a nerf in high sec.

Lvl 1's are bad bad bad at the moment and need buffing up to help new bros. If people think lvl 1s are good go grind lvl 1's for a week and see how much isk you make. Pulling in 200k isk for 10-15 mins game time for newbros is bad, CCP need to sort this out badly because it's forcing people into isk/hr efficiency straight away to look at getting a cruiser hull, which means people mining when they don't want to, which causes them to quit cos it's so f**kin boring.

Missions in low and 0.0 need their LP rewards buffing, as it is it's not worth doing lvl 4's in low sec if there is an agent in high sec.

And LP stores need a good look at, too many Dud corps to mission for and too many that have everything good.

GordonO
BURN EDEN
#71 - 2014-07-31 17:40:11 UTC
Hakan MacTrew wrote:
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
Yes I'm aware of the reason for the L4 loot price drop, yes I'm aware that highsec is safer than other regions but killing off about 20-30% of our income is too much of a hit.

Your maths is wrong.

In Null you rat anoms and get roughly 45% of the income as loot.

Highsec missions have much lower loot income percentages, primarily because of LP.

And as a reformed Highsec Carebear I say this: "You can't spell Risk without ISK".


As is yours, null anom running loot is not worth 45% of your income.. its way less. You need to use Jita prices cause thats where you going to have to sell it.

... What next ??

Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#72 - 2014-07-31 18:07:31 UTC
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
The value of looted items from L4's has dropped with some items losing >50% of their value and some essentially reaching the point of being of no real ISK value at all.

I would like to see a scaling implementation of mission payouts both in terms of LP and straight ISK rewards for mission completions. I don't know if this is needed for all mission types but certainly the highsec L4 payouts need a scalable change.

Yes I'm aware of the reason for the L4 loot price drop, yes I'm aware that highsec is safer than other regions but killing off about 20-30% of our income is too much of a hit.


I think the real question is what the hell do you spend all your money on? My golem runs for free these days. It doesn't cost a dime.


PLEX

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Retar Aveymone
DJ's Retirement Fund
Goonswarm Federation
#73 - 2014-07-31 18:11:02 UTC
nerf l4s even more, save eve
Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#74 - 2014-07-31 18:11:34 UTC
GordonO wrote:
Hakan MacTrew wrote:
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
Yes I'm aware of the reason for the L4 loot price drop, yes I'm aware that highsec is safer than other regions but killing off about 20-30% of our income is too much of a hit.

Your maths is wrong.

In Null you rat anoms and get roughly 45% of the income as loot.

Highsec missions have much lower loot income percentages, primarily because of LP.

And as a reformed Highsec Carebear I say this: "You can't spell Risk without ISK".


As is yours, null anom running loot is not worth 45% of your income.. its way less. You need to use Jita prices cause thats where you going to have to sell it.


I have no idea what the % of income loot is for anoms but for highsec L4s most mods are reprocessed for minerals which is more dependent on local economics than Jita pricing.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#75 - 2014-07-31 18:17:32 UTC
Black Canary Jnr wrote:
So salvage is a lvl 4 issue only? LOL

My salvaging in 0.0 just got shafted too, every ones salvage got shafted by the change.

Lvl 4's are fine at the moment, if not deserving a nerf in high sec.

Lvl 1's are bad bad bad at the moment and need buffing up to help new bros. If people think lvl 1s are good go grind lvl 1's for a week and see how much isk you make. Pulling in 200k isk for 10-15 mins game time for newbros is bad, CCP need to sort this out badly because it's forcing people into isk/hr efficiency straight away to look at getting a cruiser hull, which means people mining when they don't want to, which causes them to quit cos it's so f**kin boring.

Missions in low and 0.0 need their LP rewards buffing, as it is it's not worth doing lvl 4's in low sec if there is an agent in high sec.

And LP stores need a good look at, too many Dud corps to mission for and too many that have everything good.

1. i restricted the thread to L4's since i have no understanding of other mission running types.

2. I disagree, hence the thread.

3. Agree that lower missions need buffing, it would have been nice to frig longer.

4. Again, i have no idea what is required outside of highsec L4s

6. I only run for a single corp and again cannot make comment on concepts that i know nothing about.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#76 - 2014-07-31 19:01:21 UTC
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
3. Agree that lower missions need buffing, it would have been nice to frig longer.

You can stay in a frig as long as you like, the only reason to rush out of one is to get into level 4s faster so you can plex your account. So this thread is essentially just a plex whine thread.
Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#77 - 2014-07-31 19:09:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Maldiro Selkurk
Riot Girl wrote:
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
3. Agree that lower missions need buffing, it would have been nice to frig longer.

You can stay in a frig as long as you like, the only reason to rush out of one is to get into level 4s faster so you can plex your account. So this thread is essentially just a plex whine thread.


No, its about getting back the ISK lost during last expansion; you are entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#78 - 2014-07-31 19:16:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Riot Girl
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
I think the real question is what the hell do you spend all your money on? My golem runs for free these days. It doesn't cost a dime.


PLEX

Yes, my opinion is wrong. I'm so glad you weren't trying to undermine efforts to improve New Eden to satisfy your own selfish desire to play for free.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#79 - 2014-07-31 19:41:40 UTC
Retar Aveymone wrote:
nerf l4s even more, save eve


Remove sov-sec, save eve. I corrected that for you!

You are welcome

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#80 - 2014-07-31 19:57:00 UTC
Back in the day when I was a young citizen of New Eden, I took risk and did level 3 and 4 missions in low sec and the rewards were a little higher but so was the risk.

But at that time, there was no PLEX, no some reproductive organs comparison on third party websites and small gang folks were so much friendlier and nice to talk to.

Iknorite, poeple talking to each other - the horror..

Then someone had the sooper-dooper idea to ditch all of what I know and nerf EVE to the Band of Developers wishes.

EVE became a bad place.


I am still doing the same thing to fill my wallet but now I have to do only that instead the things I want to do because of you.

Ontop of that, as soon as I go an a shopping spree in Amarr, I am paying the sov-sec sov bills and ship replacement programs without my consent or some special snowflakes nightmare fees because of greed.

So thanks to all of you space neanderthals with hazlenutbrains or the lack theirof.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever