These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dev Blog: A New Executive Producer For EVE Online!

First post First post
Author
Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#61 - 2014-07-25 23:30:10 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Vaju Enki wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
CCP doesn't condone the act of account stealing. It's in no way allowable PvP and account theft is not something CCP has ever promoted as PvP.

Furthermore non-depleting resources like missions are in and of themselves effectively not PvP as doing them itself causes no isk or LP competition (those only become "PvP" later at the market level) and since doing them itself causes no reduction for others their is no competition in the act itself.


In EvE Online, everything is releated with PvP competition, including missions.
I've demonstrated how they aren't, so unless you have reasoning to back it up, your words are a little hollow.


You only demonstrated your ignorance on the subject of sandbox mmo-rpg's. EvE Online is all about Player vs Player interactive competition, Gathering Resources, Manufacturing and Destruction, it's all Player vs Player, even when you're logged out.

Missions/Incursions are a sandbox feature (Gathering Resources), the players doing it affect the economy and other players can invade the "dungeon" to steal loot, ninja salvage or even gank.

The Tears Must Flow

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#62 - 2014-07-25 23:32:47 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
The die is cast, your Rubicon has been crossed, and your plans on enhancing null sec at the expense of high sec will merely accelerate.

I have to really admire the brilliant insight and courage CCP's upper management has displayed by promoting you. Under your watch, the PCU is reaching 4 year lows, and year-over-year subs dropped for the first time ever. But CCP upper management, well, they figure that it is just a blip and by doubling down on your vision of null-sec online is the nirvana that will lead to huge growth in subs and pink ponies for all.

Well done.

P.S. Really looking forward to the new missions that replace the existing L4's, but won't be able to be completed solo, because CCP does not want players that don't directly engage other players in Eve.



proof for drops in subs year over year?

Because subs from 2012 to 2013 were up. We just dunno what 2014's are. So again... proof? and no the PCU is not proof of anything except few people are playing at the same time

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#63 - 2014-07-25 23:38:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Tyberius Franklin
Vaju Enki wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Vaju Enki wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
CCP doesn't condone the act of account stealing. It's in no way allowable PvP and account theft is not something CCP has ever promoted as PvP.

Furthermore non-depleting resources like missions are in and of themselves effectively not PvP as doing them itself causes no isk or LP competition (those only become "PvP" later at the market level) and since doing them itself causes no reduction for others their is no competition in the act itself.


In EvE Online, everything is releated with PvP competition, including missions.
I've demonstrated how they aren't, so unless you have reasoning to back it up, your words are a little hollow.


You only demonstrated your ignorance on the subject of sandbox mmo-rpg's. EvE Online is all about Player vs Player interactive competition, Gathering Resources, Manufacturing and Destruction, it's all Player vs Player, even when you're logged out.

Missions/Incursions are a sandbox feature (Gathering Resources), the players doing it affect the economy and other players can invade the "dungeon" to steal loot, ninja salvage or even gank.
That's a long way of saying you can't justify you position. Basing you claim on "What eve is" and what people can do doesn't change the nature of what a missioner is doing in itself. If others aren't interacting with the missioner, which is the case the vast majority of the time, the only factors are the environment, a series on non-player entities, and the player, often just one, interacting with those entities.

Those are the basic mechanics of missioning. Ganking/stealing/ninja-salvaging are not a part of those basic mission mechanics and aren't frequently encountered. That being the case there is more often than not no other player interacting to make PvE into PvP. Additionally I've already stated how missioning in itself provides no economic competition.
Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#64 - 2014-07-25 23:48:31 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Vaju Enki wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Vaju Enki wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
CCP doesn't condone the act of account stealing. It's in no way allowable PvP and account theft is not something CCP has ever promoted as PvP.

Furthermore non-depleting resources like missions are in and of themselves effectively not PvP as doing them itself causes no isk or LP competition (those only become "PvP" later at the market level) and since doing them itself causes no reduction for others their is no competition in the act itself.


In EvE Online, everything is releated with PvP competition, including missions.
I've demonstrated how they aren't, so unless you have reasoning to back it up, your words are a little hollow.


You only demonstrated your ignorance on the subject of sandbox mmo-rpg's. EvE Online is all about Player vs Player interactive competition, Gathering Resources, Manufacturing and Destruction, it's all Player vs Player, even when you're logged out.

Missions/Incursions are a sandbox feature (Gathering Resources), the players doing it affect the economy and other players can invade the "dungeon" to steal loot, ninja salvage or even gank.
That's a long way of saying you can't justify you position. Basing you claim on "What eve is" and what people can do doesn't change the nature of what a missioner is doing in itself. If others aren't interacting with the missioner, which is the case the vast majority of the time, the only factors are the environment, a series on non-player entities, and the player, often just one, interacting with those entities.

Those are the basic mechanics of missioning. Ganking/stealing/ninja-salvaging are not a part of those basic mission mechanics and aren't frequently encountered. That being the case there is more often than not no other player interacting to make PvE into PvP. Additionally I've already stated how missioning in itself provides no economic competition.


No, wrong again. The simple fact that you are in a sandbox doing a activity like a mission influences everyone, you are affecting the economy, you are competing with other players, you are doing PvP.

The Tears Must Flow

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#65 - 2014-07-25 23:51:36 UTC
Vaju Enki wrote:
No, wrong again. The simple fact that you are in a sandbox doing a activity like a mission influences everyone, you are affecting the economy, you are competing with other players, you are doing PvP.
If my isk and LP never hit the market, how am I affecting the economy? Also how is my missioning competing with anyone under that same circumstance?
Tuscck
Madoff Investment Securities
#66 - 2014-07-26 00:15:53 UTC
Congrats.

But can you at least withdraw those goon managemant characters.

For good impressions :))

Roll
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#67 - 2014-07-26 00:19:13 UTC
Niko Lorenzio
United Eve Directorate
#68 - 2014-07-26 01:03:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Niko Lorenzio
First of, congratulations. You have a challenging road ahead and I admire you for daring to take it.

I'd like to say that while I enjoy your presentations and agree with the message you're trying to get across, I don't particularly trust CCP these days any more than I trust politicians. A lot of what's been said is exactly what we want to hear, but the actions have been often counter-productive to EVE. In other words, we'll be watching what happens closely, not what's said or promised.


Regarding "EVE is dying " bit. I don't think it is and as long as it remains without competition it's pretty safe, however I don't think anyone will dispute the fact that it has been stagnating for a while now. In my humble opinion, one of the big reasons for this stagnation is CCP's stubborn thinking that they know what’s best for the game and players.

EVE client today is arguably much better than it was four years ago, but this progress has been made with several "three steps forward, two steps back" expansion/releases. It is progress yes, but the problem is that most of the people will focus on the negative. They will notice certain aspects of the game declining and withering. They will see their hard work, advice and feedback swept aside and ignored. They will start to feel as if CCP forgot what EVE is about and stopped caring about their players. While the overall picture may be improving, the progress is slow and small; at the same time it is alienating much of EVE's population by forcing careless changes that few if any asked for.

This negativity and feeling of helplessness serves to set in apathy. I may be one voice among thousands but I promise you that many out of the hundreds of people I've met in EVE are growing more apathetic every year. I think the only way to reverse this trend is to once again empower the players, the true masters of the game.

Call me arrogant, but I don't view CCP as the developers of EVE, I think of them as its custodians. Most of us who play EVE are not here because we enjoy staring at our mining lasers stripping away an asteroid. We are not here because we saw an epic trailer about saving the Damsel from Kruul. We do not wake up at 5 in the morning for an op because we think TiDi is fun. We do all of this for other reasons, reasons which are provided by other players, not CCP. With every action we take, we feel empowered. Our actions matter because they affect the people and the environment around us. We write the rules and break them. We define the game and dictate it’s development. We make the experience awesome and worthwhile. Even CCP with their statements, trailers and ads admits the fact that EVE’s epicness comes from its players, not from the client. I seem to be stating the obvious but then why does the game’s development process not honor and endorse this obvious fact.

Why does CCP continue to think that they know what’s best for the game when almost every single feature ever released has been hijacked and redefined by players in their own nefarious or benevolent image. Ask ten EVE players what is EVE and you will get twelve different answers, but I bet they will agree that the reason they play it is because it’s a sandbox. That means we get the tools, the sand and water from CCP but we build and destroy our own sandcastles, in our own creative way. Diversify the sandbox by giving us more tools rather than your own version of sandcastles to build. Give us more possibilities rather than limiting us to fewer options that you consider meaningful. Expand the way with which we communicate, interact and affect each other rather than adding more swings and merry-go-rounds.

Listen to your community, and I’m not talking about just CSM. They do a lot of hard work but they do not represent the majority. You have a lot of bright and talented people in this game who spends hours playing, researching, discussing, and testing to improve this game. They are as vested in it’s growth as anyone else and together we can propel EVE into its third decade.


Rant TLDR:
Grats! Plz give us better shovels, more sand, more tools instead of shiny content and blueprints for building your castles. We'll design, build and destroy our own damn sandcastles. If you want growth, empower and excite the players to be (inter)active rather than limiting us down your pre-defined path.

The CSM XI Election are now open until March 25th, 2016. Consider Niko Lorenzio for CSM XI.

CSM matters, your voice matters, your vote matters!

Ian Morbius
Potomac Greeting Card Company
#69 - 2014-07-26 01:22:04 UTC
Gratz.
HiddenPorpoise
Jarlhettur's Drop
United Federation of Conifers
#70 - 2014-07-26 01:58:37 UTC
Yay. Be better than Soundwave.

What's in Hyp?
Mistah Ewedynao
Ice Axe Psycho Killers
#71 - 2014-07-26 02:30:51 UTC
Please tell me what I am reading is wrong......

We have now 2 back to back GOON Exec Producers of this game I used to enjoy quite a bit.

More like good luck to us non goon eve players....we are gonna need it.

Nerf Goons

Nuke em from orbit....it's the only way to be sure.

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#72 - 2014-07-26 03:02:26 UTC
HiddenPorpoise wrote:
Yay. Be better than Soundwave.

What's in Hyp?

Did Soundwave occupy this position? I thought this was formerly Unifex's job and Zulu(park) before that.
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#73 - 2014-07-26 07:14:11 UTC
Mistah Ewedynao wrote:
Please tell me what I am reading is wrong......

We have now 2 back to back GOON Exec Producers of this game I used to enjoy quite a bit.

More like good luck to us non goon eve players....we are gonna need it.


You sure she is a goon?
I never saw confirmation one way or the other, but would be not surprised if she is.
TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#74 - 2014-07-26 10:53:23 UTC
Mistah Ewedynao wrote:
Please tell me what I am reading is wrong......

We have now 2 back to back GOON Exec Producers of this game I used to enjoy quite a bit.

More like good luck to us non goon eve players....we are gonna need it.


Yes because the executive producer of a real life game company is going to risk her carreer and the entire company she works at to get some extra space pixels and imaginary respect from the equally imaginary space marauders of Something Awful.

Get your head checked if you really believe this non-sense.

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Tuscck
Madoff Investment Securities
#75 - 2014-07-26 11:10:28 UTC
spy
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#76 - 2014-07-26 11:47:56 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Mistah Ewedynao wrote:
Please tell me what I am reading is wrong......

We have now 2 back to back GOON Exec Producers of this game I used to enjoy quite a bit.

More like good luck to us non goon eve players....we are gonna need it.


You sure she is a goon?
I never saw confirmation one way or the other, but would be not surprised if she is.

confirmation depends if she owns any shirts without pizza stains
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#77 - 2014-07-26 13:06:38 UTC
TigerXtrm wrote:
Mistah Ewedynao wrote:
Please tell me what I am reading is wrong......

We have now 2 back to back GOON Exec Producers of this game I used to enjoy quite a bit.

More like good luck to us non goon eve players....we are gonna need it.


Yes because the executive producer of a real life game company is going to risk her carreer and the entire company she works at to get some extra space pixels and imaginary respect from the equally imaginary space marauders of Something Awful.

Get your head checked if you really believe this non-sense.


LOL...what do you think the latest release was all about?

goons are way past anything like T2. Hell, why risk handing out irrelevant stuff like that when you can change the fundamental rules in the game instead, and get it sanctioned by your bosses?
Mistah Ewedynao
Ice Axe Psycho Killers
#78 - 2014-07-26 13:42:05 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:


You sure she is a goon?
I never saw confirmation one way or the other, but would be not surprised if she is.



At least 2 maybe 3 other people in this thread prior to my post have made comments about her being a Goon. I am just asking if it's true, or was ever true?

I believe we deserve an answer, in the interest of transparency.

WE do pay her salary.

Nothing to hide right???

Nerf Goons

Nuke em from orbit....it's the only way to be sure.

Opsblitz
Shadow State
Goonswarm Federation
#79 - 2014-07-26 13:59:56 UTC
Niko Lorenzio wrote:
First of, congratulations. You have a challenging road ahead and I admire you for daring to take it.

I'd like to say that while I enjoy your presentations and agree with the message you're trying to get across, I don't particularly trust CCP these days any more than I trust politicians. A lot of what's been said is exactly what we want to hear, but the actions have been often counter-productive to EVE. In other words, we'll be watching what happens closely, not what's said or promised.


Regarding "EVE is dying " bit. I don't think it is and as long as it remains without competition it's pretty safe, however I don't think anyone will dispute the fact that it has been stagnating for a while now. In my humble opinion, one of the big reasons for this stagnation is CCP's stubborn thinking that they know what’s best for the game and players.

EVE client today is arguably much better than it was four years ago, but this progress has been made with several "three steps forward, two steps back" expansion/releases. It is progress yes, but the problem is that most of the people will focus on the negative. They will notice certain aspects of the game declining and withering. They will see their hard work, advice and feedback swept aside and ignored. They will start to feel as if CCP forgot what EVE is about and stopped caring about their players. While the overall picture may be improving, the progress is slow and small; at the same time it is alienating much of EVE's population by forcing careless changes that few if any asked for.

This negativity and feeling of helplessness serves to set in apathy. I may be one voice among thousands but I promise you that many out of the hundreds of people I've met in EVE are growing more apathetic every year. I think the only way to reverse this trend is to once again empower the players, the true masters of the game.

Call me arrogant, but I don't view CCP as the developers of EVE, I think of them as its custodians. Most of us who play EVE are not here because we enjoy staring at our mining lasers stripping away an asteroid. We are not here because we saw an epic trailer about saving the Damsel from Kruul. We do not wake up at 5 in the morning for an op because we think TiDi is fun. We do all of this for other reasons, reasons which are provided by other players, not CCP. With every action we take, we feel empowered. Our actions matter because they affect the people and the environment around us. We write the rules and break them. We define the game and dictate it’s development. We make the experience awesome and worthwhile. Even CCP with their statements, trailers and ads admits the fact that EVE’s epicness comes from its players, not from the client. I seem to be stating the obvious but then why does the game’s development process not honor and endorse this obvious fact.

Why does CCP continue to think that they know what’s best for the game when almost every single feature ever released has been hijacked and redefined by players in their own nefarious or benevolent image. Ask ten EVE players what is EVE and you will get twelve different answers, but I bet they will agree that the reason they play it is because it’s a sandbox. That means we get the tools, the sand and water from CCP but we build and destroy our own sandcastles, in our own creative way. Diversify the sandbox by giving us more tools rather than your own version of sandcastles to build. Give us more possibilities rather than limiting us to fewer options that you consider meaningful. Expand the way with which we communicate, interact and affect each other rather than adding more swings and merry-go-rounds.

Listen to your community, and I’m not talking about just CSM. They do a lot of hard work but they do not represent the majority. You have a lot of bright and talented people in this game who spends hours playing, researching, discussing, and testing to improve this game. They are as vested in it’s growth as anyone else and together we can propel EVE into its third decade.


Rant TLDR:
Grats! Plz give us better shovels, more sand, more tools instead of shiny content and blueprints for building your castles. We'll design, build and destroy our own damn sandcastles. If you want growth, empower and excite the players to be (inter)active rather than limiting us down your pre-defined path.


YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD SO CCP READ THIS THEN REREAD THIS AND KEEP READING THIS UNTIL IT SINKS IN..!!!!
Dibble Dabble
Capital Assets Inc
#80 - 2014-07-26 14:55:47 UTC
Mistah Ewedynao wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:


You sure she is a goon?
I never saw confirmation one way or the other, but would be not surprised if she is.



At least 2 maybe 3 other people in this thread prior to my post have made comments about her being a Goon. I am just asking if it's true, or was ever true?

I believe we deserve an answer, in the interest of transparency.

WE do pay her salary.

Nothing to hide right???


I suspect she is a goon but like most CCP dev's and others with influence will also have a foot in the door of other alliances and aspects of eve including carebear miners, PVE Players, Gankers, scammers, griefers and noobs.

However if her vision of the game is centred towards a single philosopy such as goons (but could be another) with the exlusion of others such as carebears then the game will continue to lose its balance which at the moment is heading towards a game of griefing, scamming, bullying and dare i say it, cheating. I would hope most good developers consider the impact of changes on the whole game but the last few years we have seen little sign of that.

I don't think devs would be wise to state the alliance they are in it would harm the alliance, unless of course the developer was a senior figure within the alliance rather than a lemmings with little influence.

However devs do need to test the game at all levels and if they need to magic a titan and the skills to fly then I guess thats got to be accepted, would be a waste of resources to ask them to mine for it. So long as they dont magic themselves and their friends too much stuff as has happend before Big smile

I will come back to the game I used to love when I see more balance and a role for small corps and solo play. Being forced to join an alliance and move to null sec is not for me. I seen it, done it and I have many t-shirts. I dont have the time to make eve a way of life, but I do want eve to be a part of my life, just for a few hours here and there. If CCP decide they wont support this style of play then elite is out soon and maybe that will be what I am looking for?