These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Account reduction

First post
Author
Anthar Thebess
#141 - 2014-07-22 22:18:48 UTC
New mini expansion, minimal or no change in players online.
Something went wrong in CCP calculations.
Erin Crawford
#142 - 2014-07-22 22:30:59 UTC
I think it's still too early to make such a judgement call. Give it a week, maybe more...

"Those who talk don’t know. Those who know don’t talk. "

Destoya
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#143 - 2014-07-22 22:47:41 UTC
6 accounts and one dual-training was my highest

Down to 5 accounts now, planning on selling a spare char in a few months so I can finally afford my titan, dont really plan on going any lower than that unless RL obligations catch up with me.

I've definitely noticed toll that constantly increasing plex prices has made on my wallet. I manage to make enough to sub and buy normal pvp ships but it's hard to save significant amounts of money when you're paying 4-5bn a month just to be able to log in and dont want to grind PVE or play the 0.01 isk game in the trade hubs. Might consider subbing a couple accounts in the future with RL money if prices get crazy, but it's not a huge deal for me right now, especially considering the stagnation which means the aforementioned titan is going to sit logged off for months
ashley Eoner
#144 - 2014-07-22 22:49:22 UTC
Down to 11 here.
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#145 - 2014-07-22 22:53:54 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
I had three accounts, one paid for and two with plex.
I have reduced to one, That I could easily plex, but i would rather have the isk so that I never need to think about whether I can afford something, or three.

Maybe I might plex another account one day, but it is just more fun with one, where isk now never needs to be thought about, I just can have fun.

If plex had not risen, then I might never have discovered this.LolCool

Probably not so good for CCP but their game, they can do whatever they want

So can I

Just a separate suggestion CCP. Please be aware there is often nothing special, about the last straw that breaks a camels back. Also be aware that theres rather a lot of straws flying about at the moment............

You might want to deal with a few before they land.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#146 - 2014-07-22 22:53:58 UTC
Adam Reed wrote:
Done with it. If they ever fix exploration to be about actual exploration of systems or unique hidden objects I may come back, but until then I'll wait for the Elite: Dangerous beta and spend even more time in the pub.

well i bought into that premium beta and... realised it's a different game. it's good. i will play it lots when it goes retail but it's not going to be eve.

i just resubbed 1 account. you need to rage quit this game once in a while.

forums.  serious business.

Dibble Dabble
Capital Assets Inc
#147 - 2014-07-22 23:11:29 UTC
All my accounts are now mothballed bar this one. That's 6 accounts gone. 5 were high sec industry accounts and CCP obliterated the concept of high sec industry so no need for them anymore.

1 Account is PVP / PVE and I just can't be arsed anymore. All my industry mates have mothballed their **** and hardly log on and my original account, this one, is 11 years old and I may just plex it to keep my mains skills going, 220mil SP's, its a pride thing.

As for playing Eve and doing anything CCP can kiss my ass. I have assets to last a life time of plex.
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#148 - 2014-07-22 23:19:40 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
So it seems that what real people are actually saying, quite calmly and reasonably, is that EvE is not actually dying, just going into Hibernation, for other than our mains?

That's even more worrying.Sad

Just how many accounts are in hibernation, waiting for a good reason to wake them back up?Shocked

The releases, seem to make things more tiring, rather than adding excitement, I hope the end of the Journey with the new space is worth it.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

ElCholo
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#149 - 2014-07-22 23:59:39 UTC
Tennej wrote:
Since the ICE nerf and PLEX 800mil prices I'm down to 3 accounts. Might drop to 2.

How many accounts are you down to now?

Discuss

As of tomorrow I'll be from 4 to 1 account.
Zinther Del'Ara
Crysonian
#150 - 2014-07-23 00:01:43 UTC
My main can do pretty much everything this character can (industry lvl1), and i don't need the extra buy orders for loot.

I'll wait a little to let everything quiet down and try to adapt, but I have a hard time rationalizing having a specialized character on a second account, when skills don't matter. I can try to move to lowsec, but rent/protection money/losses would eat the profit.

I think the final verdict will be seen in the character bazar over the next few weeks.

I'm actually pretty sad Sad
Tennej
LoTax POCO Company of HiSEC
#151 - 2014-07-23 06:08:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Tennej
I considered pi to support four accounts. Then I realized that I didn't want to manage 72 planets. Sounds miserable.

Not miserable (daily trips into low break the monotony) but tedious and alot more work than you think. With PLEX prices as high as they are now....not worth it IMO. I found it easier to drop extra PI accounts and just sub my 2 mains and PLEX my one off grid booster account for now.

Skill que online..... who ever posted that (too lazy to look) is awesome. Seems accurate enough.

You Miners think you have it so damn tough.  When I first started playing we didnt even have mining lasers.  You had to fly close to an asteroid.....pop a hatch and gnaw at it with your teeth.   - Bitter Vet

Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#152 - 2014-07-23 06:35:02 UTC
Tennej wrote:
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
So afk income no longer lets you enjoy certain parts of the game? Looks like that free market democracy is finally dping its job huh. Damn shame it is to work for a living.

Try doing PI on a massive scale then come back and tell me how "afk" it is. Your argument is invalid and not even close to being on topic.

It sounds like you (and too many others) are plexing for plexings sake, and that will inevitably raise prices. Ccp needs to care about how many plexes are sold and consumed, more than just accounts plexed. If plex prices go down, I will consume them for dual training, if they stay high, I won't.

Pi from what I can see is partially intended as an analogue to daily quests, for people that like that something needs attention when they log on, and partially designed to remove npc item sourcing, it was however not specifically designed for free extra accounts.

Tennej
LoTax POCO Company of HiSEC
#153 - 2014-07-23 06:44:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Tennej
Tauranon wrote:
Tennej wrote:
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
So afk income no longer lets you enjoy certain parts of the game? Looks like that free market democracy is finally dping its job huh. Damn shame it is to work for a living.

Try doing PI on a massive scale then come back and tell me how "afk" it is. Your argument is invalid and not even close to being on topic.

It sounds like you (and too many others) are plexing for plexings sake, and that will inevitably raise prices. Ccp needs to care about how many plexes are sold and consumed, more than just accounts plexed. If plex prices go down, I will consume them for dual training, if they stay high, I won't.

Pi from what I can see is partially intended as an analogue to daily quests, for people that like that something needs attention when they log on, and partially designed to remove npc item sourcing, it was however not specifically designed for free extra accounts.

So YOU are the one that designed PI!!!! A curse on you!!!! So how many accounts have you reduced? (topic and stuff)

You Miners think you have it so damn tough.  When I first started playing we didnt even have mining lasers.  You had to fly close to an asteroid.....pop a hatch and gnaw at it with your teeth.   - Bitter Vet

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#154 - 2014-07-23 06:47:44 UTC
Tennej wrote:
I considered pi to support four accounts. Then I realized that I didn't want to manage 72 planets. Sounds miserable.

Not miserable (daily trips into low break the monotony) but tedious and alot more work than you think. With PLEX prices as high as they are now....not worth it IMO. I found it easier to drop extra PI accounts and just sub my 2 mains and PLEX my one off grid booster account for now.

Skill que online..... who ever posted that (too lazy to look) is awesome. Seems accurate enough.

To compound this the move to hisec POCOs seems to have set off a substantial plummet in PI prices particularly at the P3/p4 level, possibly due to a lot of new producers. The PI market has always been shallow with any single big producer capable of crashing the market in an item if they are not careful. Unless something substantial happens to increase the demand for PI goods its likely to become less and less viable.
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#155 - 2014-07-23 06:51:50 UTC
Hmm, may have to start up another account to do this manufacturing thing...

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#156 - 2014-07-23 06:59:33 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Hmm, may have to start up another account to do this manufacturing thing...

Just pre-empting the edict coming from the cartel bosses about opening up new accounts to counter the losses.
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#157 - 2014-07-23 07:01:27 UTC
Nah, there's a decent chance of being able to manufacture stuff in my home.

I never started in highsec because... well who can compete with the ME1337 BPOs and people who are able to mine minerals for free...

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Jessica Danikov
Network Danikov
#158 - 2014-07-23 07:12:44 UTC
I pay for my 3 accounts with real moneys and buy PLEX for ISK injections (grind ISK for me, carebears, grind!), so no effect on me.
Josef Djugashvilis
#159 - 2014-07-23 07:20:34 UTC
Two, may drop to one.

Nothing to do with the game, I have long wanted the basics to be fixed, ship re-balancing, industry etc, then add new content, just really busy real life for a while.

This is not a signature.

who1 eva
KEQ Industrial Complex
#160 - 2014-07-23 07:37:15 UTC
Two accounts, main account + worker. As a newish player, I had finally found a solid source of income (reprocessing tier 1 loot) but now that's almost completely gone with Crius. I still worry about what the halving of loot values will mean for income for new players in the game trying to make ISKies from PvE. As for me, I'll either find another trading-related source of income or shut the worker down and just live on my profits from the last six months or so for a while. Time will tell...