These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Account reduction

First post
Author
Tennej
LoTax POCO Company of HiSEC
#41 - 2014-07-21 08:23:11 UTC
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
Tennej wrote:
Since the ICE nerf and PLEX 800mil prices I'm down to 3 accounts. Might drop to 2.

How many accounts are you down to now?

Discuss


I had 2 now I have 3, there goes your theory about CCP losing money due to :reasons:


You increasing 1 account makes all the difference in the world.... you need to go back and read the entire thread instead of responding to what you WANT to respond to.... many folks responding are cutting back as I am for :reasons:

You Miners think you have it so damn tough.  When I first started playing we didnt even have mining lasers.  You had to fly close to an asteroid.....pop a hatch and gnaw at it with your teeth.   - Bitter Vet

Tennej
LoTax POCO Company of HiSEC
#42 - 2014-07-21 08:24:39 UTC
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
So afk income no longer lets you enjoy certain parts of the game? Looks like that free market democracy is finally dping its job huh. Damn shame it is to work for a living.



Try doing PI on a massive scale then come back and tell me how "afk" it is. Your argument is invalid and not even close to being on topic.

You Miners think you have it so damn tough.  When I first started playing we didnt even have mining lasers.  You had to fly close to an asteroid.....pop a hatch and gnaw at it with your teeth.   - Bitter Vet

Tennej
LoTax POCO Company of HiSEC
#43 - 2014-07-21 08:26:05 UTC
Hadrian Blackstone wrote:
For a week, I'd like to see CCP only allow subscribers to use one character. The breakdown would be epic.


Can't even imagine it. The ISboxers would be livid for sure.

You Miners think you have it so damn tough.  When I first started playing we didnt even have mining lasers.  You had to fly close to an asteroid.....pop a hatch and gnaw at it with your teeth.   - Bitter Vet

Tennej
LoTax POCO Company of HiSEC
#44 - 2014-07-21 08:27:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Tennej
Mallak Azaria wrote:
I've actually increased my number of accounts by 6 in recent times, possibly because I'm not a poor, lazy pleb.


You are awesome!!!! (keep telling yourself that sweetheart, it may even come true)

You Miners think you have it so damn tough.  When I first started playing we didnt even have mining lasers.  You had to fly close to an asteroid.....pop a hatch and gnaw at it with your teeth.   - Bitter Vet

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#45 - 2014-07-21 08:34:24 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
I've actually increased my number of accounts by 6 in recent times, possibly because I'm not a poor, lazy pleb.

I am a poor, because I'm lazy. So...

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#46 - 2014-07-21 08:36:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Schmata Bastanold
Tennej wrote:
You increasing 1 account makes all the difference in the world.... you need to go back and read the entire thread instead of responding to what you WANT to respond to.... many folks responding are cutting back as I am for :reasons:


My +1 account makes same difference as your -1 account.

For some reason you think that few people who are forum regulars and just happen to agree with you are viable sample of whole silent majority who at this very moment probably subbed god knows how many alts. In same way you could say that everybody is ganking freighters (almost everybody in relevant threads is doing it) or everybody is flying rattlesnake (which happens to be quite popular suggestion in L4s related threads).

OMG, PLEX is expensive I unsubbed, Eve is dead!!!oneone11!

Yes, servers will go dark because few people can't PLEX themselves with AFK ishtars so easily so they cancel 1 sub.

Invalid signature format

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#47 - 2014-07-21 08:42:50 UTC
Why on earth would I reduce the number of accounts?
And since when does EVE have intrusion countermeasures? Or are you talking about the hacking minigame?
Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#48 - 2014-07-21 08:56:35 UTC
Seems to me there are three types of accounts (with some minor exceptions):

. 'Mains' --> the one(s) you play and have fun with, the reason you play EVE
. 'Support' --> the one(s) that directly support your mains' gameplay, such as cyno alts, links or haulers
. 'Wage workers' --> the one(s) you use exclusively to make ISK

Wage worker accounts need to make a total of more than 1 PLEX/month (or 1/3 PLEX/month per character) to be worthwhile. When PLEX prices rise, several wage workers get fired. No big deal, nobody was actually having fun with them in the first place.

OP you're describing your accounts as wage workers, so no big deal in your case.


OTOH, mains and support accounts should ideally be worth paying 15$/month for because the enjoyment you get out of them is well worth it. Compared to, say, eating lunch at an affordable restaurant.

If that isn't the case, CCP has a problem in the first place (either unsatisfied customers or customers with too low disposable income); people unsubbing mains due to rising PLEX prices just brings the problem to the surface.

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

Mashie Saldana
I'm Sorry Shoot What?
WE FORM V0LTA
#49 - 2014-07-21 09:00:56 UTC
During the first two weeks of starting to play I went from one to three accounts.

A few years later I needed a bunch of research alts to make good isk researching and selling rig BPO sets. That resulted in me having 10 accounts going for 2 months. Then it went down to four accounts as I kept one of the research alts going with the training until he reached 60m SP and was sold. The other six alts got biomassed a few years later as i ran out of character slots and didn't need them any further.

A year or so later I was back up again to four accounts as I wanted a FW alt and used power of 2 plus 2 months subbing. FW got nerfed and that character was sold as well. Down to three accounts.

Last year my highest SP character reached 160m SP and she was sold as I realised capitals are pretty boring to play with and the ISK will keep the remaining two accounts subbed until 2017 or so depending on PLEX prices.

If eve at that stage still is at the current state I will sell off the last alt and leave this one subbed for another decade.
Tennej
LoTax POCO Company of HiSEC
#50 - 2014-07-21 09:08:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Tennej
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
Tennej wrote:
You increasing 1 account makes all the difference in the world.... you need to go back and read the entire thread instead of responding to what you WANT to respond to.... many folks responding are cutting back as I am for :reasons:


My +1 account makes same difference as your -1 account.

For some reason you think that few people who are forum regulars and just happen to agree with you are viable sample of whole silent majority who at this very moment probably subbed god knows how many alts. In same way you could say that everybody is ganking freighters (almost everybody in relevant threads is doing it) or everybody is flying rattlesnake (which happens to be quite popular suggestion in L4s related threads).

OMG, PLEX is expensive I unsubbed, Eve is dead!!!oneone11!

Yes, servers will go dark because few people can't PLEX themselves with AFK ishtars so easily so they cancel 1 sub.


I never said anything about Eve is dead.... put words into somebody else's mouth please. PLEX is expensive... I AM being more Frugal with how many accounts I PLEX instead of using my CC and right now that number appears to be 1.

In fact just stop responding (trolling).....

You Miners think you have it so damn tough.  When I first started playing we didnt even have mining lasers.  You had to fly close to an asteroid.....pop a hatch and gnaw at it with your teeth.   - Bitter Vet

Tennej
LoTax POCO Company of HiSEC
#51 - 2014-07-21 09:10:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Tennej
Gully Alex Foyle wrote:
Seems to me there are three types of accounts (with some minor exceptions):

. 'Mains' --> the one(s) you play and have fun with, the reason you play EVE
. 'Support' --> the one(s) that directly support your mains' gameplay, such as cyno alts, links or haulers
. 'Wage workers' --> the one(s) you use exclusively to make ISK

Wage worker accounts need to make a total of more than 1 PLEX/month (or 1/3 PLEX/month per character) to be worthwhile. When PLEX prices rise, several wage workers get fired. No big deal, nobody was actually having fun with them in the first place.

OP you're describing your accounts as wage workers, so no big deal in your case.


OTOH, mains and support accounts should ideally be worth paying 15$/month for because the enjoyment you get out of them is well worth it. Compared to, say, eating lunch at an affordable restaurant.

If that isn't the case, CCP has a problem in the first place (either unsatisfied customers or customers with too low disposable income); people unsubbing mains due to rising PLEX prices just brings the problem to the surface.


Pretty much spot on.... I guess I'm just curious as to how many people are doing this due to whatever the reason.... for me I only CC 2 accounts... anything beyond that is PLEX'd. At one point that was 3 additional accounts.

You Miners think you have it so damn tough.  When I first started playing we didnt even have mining lasers.  You had to fly close to an asteroid.....pop a hatch and gnaw at it with your teeth.   - Bitter Vet

Elizabeth Norn
Nornir Research
Nornir Empire
#52 - 2014-07-21 10:07:20 UTC
I dropped 5 accounts 5 months ago, do I win? I'm going to create 12 more as soon as I get a quiet night with stable internet though.
Ssabat Thraxx
DUST Expeditionary Team
Good Sax
#53 - 2014-07-21 10:15:29 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
I've actually increased my number of accounts by 6 in recent times, possibly because I'm not a poor, lazy pleb.

I am a poor, because I'm lazy. So...


Therefore.... ALIENSShocked

\m/ O.o \m/

"You're a freak ..." - Solecist Project

Anthar Thebess
#54 - 2014-07-21 10:16:59 UTC
5 reduced to 4> reducing to 3.
Planed 2 or brake from eve till Nullsec Fix.
Whatever comes first.
Mithandra
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#55 - 2014-07-21 10:20:34 UTC
Sibyyl wrote:
Can we share our very limited personal experiences with each other, and then pretend that this accurately translates into a big picture that reads "EVE is dying"?

That sounds like fun.


This

Eve is the dark haired, totally hot emo gothchild of the gaming community

Ssabat Thraxx
DUST Expeditionary Team
Good Sax
#56 - 2014-07-21 10:22:22 UTC
Recently went from 3 to 4 accounts, 3 of the 4 I PLEX. Soon to add a 5th account via PLEX and the Power of Two promo.

Sure the price of PLEX is sorta "wtf" right now, but it's more sticker shock than a real problem. You need to make less than 30M isk per day per account to keep them PLEXED.

I find your lack of Win disturbing.

\m/ O.o \m/

"You're a freak ..." - Solecist Project

Gettz Squall
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#57 - 2014-07-21 10:28:51 UTC
I got 2..and planning to get another one specialize for capital..but with recent plex rises...i just stay with 2
Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#58 - 2014-07-21 10:34:45 UTC
Ssabat Thraxx wrote:
You need to make less than 30M isk per day per account to keep them PLEXED.


Which equals 1-2 ticks in null anoms, an hour of hulk+orca drilling hisec rocks, one or a few L4s depending on which one you get. Not mentioning drops from ganking miners, haulers and mission runners, exploration, gate camping hi/low gates, probing and selling drones people leave in missions, whole FW ISK printing machine. Basically there's so many ways of earning for PLEX and more that dropping an account because "PLEX is expensive" is idiotic excuse.

Oops, I'm not supposed to troll anymore...

Invalid signature format

Val'Dore
PlanetCorp InterStellar
#59 - 2014-07-21 10:35:51 UTC
My answer to this question isn't really indicative of how I look at EvE. I only have one active account, but I own... twenty? I think.

That seems like a big deal till I tell you eighteen of them are character mule accounts.

Star Jump Drive A new way to traverse the galaxy.

I invented Tiericide

flakeys
Doomheim
#60 - 2014-07-21 11:00:15 UTC
Tennej wrote:
flakeys wrote:
Tennej wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
I've never had more than two active accounts at any given time.


Starting to wonder if thats not the best way to go but I've really gotten accustomed to a third for offgrid boosting. I went as high as 5 at one point. Wasted some time there.....

If PLEX wasnt so dang high this wouldnt even be an issue..... PI used to almost cover the accounts.... not so much anymore.



Translated :'' OMG MY PASSIVE INCOME doesn't fully support plex anymore , outrageous '''



Evidently you don't do PI on over 50 Planets.... Anything but passive....pretty much a clickfest. According to you, anything outside ratting must be passive isk. Incorrect.




Passive isk to me is when you gain isk/assets while not actually playing the game.A miner usually is mentioned for this as they can be semi or fully afk .But it also involves other means of income , like PI .The old way of letting your drones handle a mission whilest watching a movie for example could also be seen as passive income.We're not talking FREE isk we are talking passive isk so yes you stiill need to invest some time to do so and if you choose the one wich needed a 50 planet clickfest then i'd say you choose the wrong passive income.

I gathered my income over the last years mostly from investments/trade/research , all of wich are completely passive to semi passive if you do it in the way i did.I don't have anything against people gaining passive income , i do have something against people complaining about their passive income not being sufficient enough.


We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.