These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Risk = reward is a lie.

Author
Joshua Milton Blahyi
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#101 - 2014-07-21 12:51:12 UTC
Rena Emishi wrote:

My argument is a small corp or solo player should have options to make a lot more isk in low and null sec because of the risk factor. Mining, data sites / relic sites and so on.. in low sec and npc null sec should have a better risk v reward ratio.

Having never done explo in high sec I can't offer a comparison, but I am finding anywhere from 4-10m per data site, and 15-30 for a relic site.

Given the amount of time involved, the risk is not too great, and the money is not bad at all. Add in Mordus hunting, clone rats, and loot from other explorers that I kill, and it adds up to a nice pocket book.

Gallowmere Rorschach
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#102 - 2014-07-21 13:06:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Gallowmere Rorschach
Rowells wrote:
Tao Dolcino wrote:
Null sec is safer than high sec, and it stinks submission. A small mafia who monopolises a huge part of the cluster's richness. A private garden for spoiled sons of capitalists and their lackeys, with the blessing of CCP.
Risk vs reward is indeed a total joke, look at low sec.
If you want to balance the game, change the sov system.

Has somebody been taking dinsdales medicine?

He's right, but he (like most who say such things) forgot the rest of the story.

Are certain null system often safer than highsec for big alliances and coalitions? Yes.
But they always seem to forget the part where it's safer because of what we do. If the flunkies of highsec took the time to set up and participate in an intel network, develop travel applications, set up and bookmark safe POSes in each system, manage a strong logistics chain, and keep a bunch of nerds around who would love nothing more than to blow up any outsider who dared molest their space, nary a friendly ship would ever die in highsec.
That's the part they leave off. Null is safe in places, because the players make it so. They want the same forms of security in highsec gifted to them by NPCs, and all I can say is that I hope it never goes that far.
Malcolm Lionel
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#103 - 2014-07-21 16:55:31 UTC
In my opinion, it's easy to make lots more isk than high security space off the ore anomalies in null with enough miners in null. the mining boosts can also be lots better as a rorqual booster can be used
Xavier Liche
ACME Mineral and Gas
#104 - 2014-07-21 18:01:50 UTC
Rena Emishi wrote:
So for fun I have been mining in low sec and null sec in the new prospect ship. I can make more money afk mining in high sec.

Data and relic sites in low sec and null sec -- . Time to isk.. I can make more money afk mining in high sec. or running risk free level 4s in high sec.

CCP you game is a lie. Why are you forcing people to do mundane risk free activities by not offering huge rewards for taking risks.

If AFK mining is too profitable there is a way to fix that Pirate
BoBoZoBo
MGroup9
Quantum Cafe
#105 - 2014-07-21 18:07:54 UTC  |  Edited by: BoBoZoBo
It is not a 1=1 equivalent, it is a ratio; usually displayed over time and should include the ability to learn from your mistakes.

Primary Test Subject • SmackTalker Elite