These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Risk = reward is a lie.

Author
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#61 - 2014-07-20 11:50:10 UTC
CCP will not listen, but the New Order is aware of the problem and uses all means possible to bring back the risk to Highsec.

If you want to support our cause and help to restore the balance, a Catalyst alt only needs an empty character slot and a few SP. If you don't want to join the fight you can support James 315's Catalyst reimbursement program by purchasing shares and keep the Barges, Orcas and Freighters exploding all around Highsec.

For a better Highsec and a better EVE
Gallowmere Rorschach
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#62 - 2014-07-20 11:53:58 UTC
Nalelmir Ahashion wrote:
then mine in highsec if it's much better.
this kinds of threads are a joke...

who cares how much money you make... what's possibly can you purchase that will change your gaming experience? you'll do exactly same activity after that.

First: be careful what you wish for.
As for your second statement: you've obviously never participated in fleet level pvp. Not all alliances are well off enough to offer the kind of SRP program that GSF has. In such cases, the loss of a few doctrine battleships in a week can completely destroy the finances of any player who wasn't already loaded. Hell, even in the case of GSF members, waiting on said SRP to process can knock some people out of fights temporarily. Of course, they could always fly something cheaper in the meantime, but a doctrine ends up pretty damned compromised if half of the people show up in T1 frigs or ceptors, because they can't afford to lose anything more than that.
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#63 - 2014-07-20 12:08:03 UTC
Rena Emishi wrote:

CCP you game is a lie. Why are you forcing people to do mundane risk free activities by not offering huge rewards for taking risks.

Psssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... (the "p" is silent, like pneutron) plenty of people still fall for that old gag. P

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#64 - 2014-07-20 12:54:00 UTC
Making high sec more risky and halfing the ISK per hour people make in highsec is not going to cause a sudden rush of players into losec and null.

Just saying.
Gallowmere Rorschach
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#65 - 2014-07-20 12:59:55 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
Making high sec more risky and halfing the ISK per hour people make in highsec is not going to cause a sudden rush of players into losec and null.

Just saying.

Wait...when did this turn into a "nerf highsec" thread? It looked to me to be more like a "buff everything else" thread.
Josef Djugashvilis
#66 - 2014-07-20 13:22:08 UTC
Rena Emishi wrote:
So for fun I have been mining in low sec and null sec in the new prospect ship. I can make more money afk mining in high sec.

Data and relic sites in low sec and null sec -- . Time to isk.. I can make more money afk mining in high sec. or running risk free level 4s in high sec.

CCP you game is a lie. Why are you forcing people to do mundane risk free activities by not offering huge rewards for taking risks.

La Nariz, is that you?

This is not a signature.

Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#67 - 2014-07-20 13:33:48 UTC
The prospect... hmm.

Anyone here been hotdropped by one yet?

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Rena Emishi
Doomheim
#68 - 2014-07-20 14:10:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Rena Emishi
Authorised Permit Seller wrote:
Rena Emishi wrote:

I can make more money afk mining in high sec.

Please make sure you do not or a friendly representative of the CODE. will happily pay you a visit. :)

Come get me, at least ill get my danger fix.

_Valar Morghulis, Valar Dohaeris _

Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#69 - 2014-07-20 14:16:59 UTC
sorry, but if the cake is a lie, why would anything else be different?

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Claud Tiberius
#70 - 2014-07-20 14:31:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Claud Tiberius
The rewards from low sec are better than whats found in high sec. However high sec is a very safe place to be, so why risk going into low sec then? Well it comes down to reducing the risk.... when you find a way to remove the risk, low sec is the better option. Usually removing risk involves a bit of intel, searching for the right place, setting up your interests. Getting support from others is most important.

On the whole, low sec is more 'risk' than 'reward' imo, due to it being the place where most pirates hang out (gate camping). Where FW is placed, and where there are less jump routes -> more dangerous traveling.

Perhaps the concept of risk = reward is, going through low, getting to null - where the best rewards are. And then bringing it back home. Unless you live in high sec, thats different.

Once upon a time the Golem had a Raven hull and it looked good. Then it transformed into a plataduck. The end.

Elsa Hayes
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#71 - 2014-07-20 14:59:55 UTC
Yes the Op is right risk = reward is a lie considering the rent masters of the blue doughnut with their none territorial warfare agreement rake in trillions a month with renting and moon milking with 0 risk to their assets other than if they choose to have a fight for the lulz !

That however is not their fault as well but rather the result of terrible sov mechanics and power projection.

Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#72 - 2014-07-20 15:11:01 UTC
Rena Emishi wrote:
Come get me, at least ill get my danger fix.

The overall quality of your responses in this thread seem to discourage a healthy discussion. Is that your intention?

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#73 - 2014-07-20 16:57:50 UTC
Raw Matters wrote:
Missioneering in high can make you up to 40m/h

Poppycock. It's a good bit higher than that.

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#74 - 2014-07-20 17:03:32 UTC
admiral root wrote:
Raw Matters wrote:

my apocalypse goes 273 miles an hour
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#75 - 2014-07-20 17:07:34 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
admiral root wrote:
Raw Matters wrote:

88MPH while under TiDi P

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#76 - 2014-07-20 17:19:02 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Benny Ohu wrote:
admiral root wrote:
Raw Matters wrote:

88MPH while under TiDi P

Still fast enough to see some serious ****.
Rena Emishi
Doomheim
#77 - 2014-07-20 17:19:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Rena Emishi
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
CCP will not listen, but the New Order is aware of the problem and uses all means possible to bring back the risk to Highsec.

If you want to support our cause and help to restore the balance, a Catalyst alt only needs an empty character slot and a few SP. If you don't want to join the fight you can support James 315's Catalyst reimbursement program by purchasing shares and keep the Barges, Orcas and Freighters exploding all around Highsec.

This is off topic.. but how many destroyer's would be needed to take down a orca with those new hull rigs?

I know a guy that is need of orca ganking. could prob get you his fit and intel of when hes out.. Wouldn't mind tagging along for a gank with my alt not up for joining your alliance as I wouldn't make a habit of it. But id be willing to replace the ships lost to concord.

_Valar Morghulis, Valar Dohaeris _

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#78 - 2014-07-20 17:34:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Rena Emishi wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:

This is off topic.. but how many destroyer's would be needed to take down a orca with those new hull rigs?

I know a guy that is need of orca ganking. could prob get you his fit and intel of when hes out.. Wouldn't mind tagging along for a gank with my alt not up for joining your alliance as I wouldn't make a habit of it. But id be willing to replace the ships lost to concord.
Around 30-35 T2 Cats in a 0.5 if the Orca is fitted with invuls, large shield extenders, a DCII, reinforced bulkheads and T2 transverse bulkheads*

*Napkin math, with decent skills an Orca should hit 420k+ EHP if fitted as above, T2 Cats push out 600-700 DPS, ~20secs before Concord drop the doughnuts, answer the blapphone and roll up on site.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Hadrian Blackstone
Yamato Holdings
#79 - 2014-07-20 17:45:39 UTC
I guess some people have better fortitude, but for me it only takes about 20 minutes of mission running or mining to wanna blow my brains out. I'd rather be a bad guy than do that mundane crap.
Ria Nieyli
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#80 - 2014-07-20 18:43:09 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Rena Emishi wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:

Around 30-35 T2 Cats in a 0.5 if the Orca is fitted with invuls, large shield extenders, a DCII, reinforced bulkheads and T2 transverse bulkheads*

*Napkin math, with decent skills an Orca should hit 420k+ EHP if fitted as above, T2 Cats push out 600-700 DPS.

EFTing an Orca with my skills and aforementioned fit puts it at 451k ehp, and I lack shield tanking skills which could push it up a bit higher. Just FYI.