These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Risk = reward is a lie.

Author
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#21 - 2014-07-19 23:10:00 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Rena Emishi wrote:
But really what roll does this prospect ship fulfil ? their is not situation you can make more money with a prospect.

It's probably most useful in wormholes.

Somewhat useful in nullsec, but only if you really target your mining to pick up ores that aren't so abundant in highsec.

PS. Dinsdale will be very disappointed about this thread. Bonus points to the OP for that.


Not sure what I am to be disappointed about.
Just thread started by another null sec propagandist about how awful the ISK is in null, and how high sec should be nerfed out of existence. (BTW , OP, how about testing out that ISK return in an AKFtar in Gurista space held by the Blue Blanket?)

Actually, I expect that the "overhaul high sec missions" campaign to start fairly soon, now that null sec has successfully wrecked high sec industry. The only even reasonably profitable things left in high sec are Incursions and missions, so you know the cartels will be gunning to get them wrecked as well.

So I expect many more of these threads in the future, all that will be allowed to stay open as opposed to be being closed for redundancy, or a rant.
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#22 - 2014-07-19 23:15:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Not sure what I am to be disappointed about.

Just about the truth of what the OP wrote, with exception of the last sentence about being forced to play in highsec because of the comparatively poor rewards of nullsec in relation to exploration and mining. It's always a choice.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#23 - 2014-07-19 23:15:57 UTC
Rena Emishi wrote:
I could strap some mining lazor 1s to a destroyer and make more money in high sec for a fraction of the cost with zero risk of loss. I just don't understand.
No you could not, destroyers don't have the cargo space to make it even likely, you'd spend 80% of your time running back and forth to a station. On top of that they lack the CPU to fit more than 3 mining lasers (4 if you use CPU mods) whereas both the Venture and Prospect have stats that turn their 2 mining lasers into 4 or more and a substantial orebay to boot.

If you want to make money in your Prospect I suggest trying Gas mining.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Rena Emishi
Doomheim
#24 - 2014-07-19 23:18:17 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Rena Emishi wrote:
But really what roll does this prospect ship fulfil ? their is not situation you can make more money with a prospect.

It's probably most useful in wormholes.

Somewhat useful in nullsec, but only if you really target your mining to pick up ores that aren't so abundant in highsec.

PS. Dinsdale will be very disappointed about this thread. Bonus points to the OP for that.


Not sure what I am to be disappointed about.
Just thread started by another null sec propagandist about how awful the ISK is in null, and how high sec should be nerfed out of existence. (BTW , OP, how about testing out that ISK return in an AKFtar in Gurista space held by the Blue Blanket?)

Actually, I expect that the "overhaul high sec missions" campaign to start fairly soon, now that null sec has successfully wrecked high sec industry. The only even reasonably profitable things left in high sec are Incursions and missions, so you know the cartels will be gunning to get them wrecked as well.

So I expect many more of these threads in the future, all that will be allowed to stay open as opposed to be being closed for redundancy, or a rant.


Actually no, I'm not a null sec propagandist. I think null sec can be safer than high sec at times if your part of a big power alliance etc though that safety is bought with hard work of a lot of players and they should be rewarded with more isk than highsecers.

I'm talking about small gang or solo high risk low sec / null sec activates. That's where this game needs to be made more profitable to pull people out of high sec.

_Valar Morghulis, Valar Dohaeris _

Paranoid Loyd
#25 - 2014-07-19 23:21:12 UTC
Rena Emishi wrote:
I'm talking about small gang or solo high risk low sec / null sec activates. That's where this game needs to be made more profitable to pull people out of high sec.


How do you propose this is done without giving an even bigger advantage to the large alliances and thus nullifying any changes in the first place?

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#26 - 2014-07-19 23:23:18 UTC
Rena Emishi wrote:
So for fun I have been mining in low sec and null sec in the new prospect ship. I can make more money afk mining in high sec.

Data and relic sites in low sec and null sec -- . Time to isk.. I can make more money afk mining in high sec. or running risk free level 4s in high sec.

CCP you game is a lie. Why are you forcing people to do mundane risk free activities by not offering huge rewards for taking risks.


isboxer
Vortexo VonBrenner
Doomheim
#27 - 2014-07-19 23:23:48 UTC
Rena Emishi wrote:
But really what roll does this prospect ship fulfil ? their is not situation you can make more money with a prospect. I could strap some mining lazor 1s to a destroyer and make more money in high sec for a fraction of the cost with zero risk of loss. I just don't understand.

Maybe it's not about making the most money?



Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#28 - 2014-07-19 23:25:16 UTC
also ban alts
Rena Emishi
Doomheim
#29 - 2014-07-19 23:25:35 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Rena Emishi wrote:
I'm talking about small gang or solo high risk low sec / null sec activates. That's where this game needs to be made more profitable to pull people out of high sec.


How do you propose this is done without giving an even bigger advantage to the large alliances and thus nullifying any changes in the first place?



Give alliances more of a advantage if needs be... Wouldn't bother me at all. Large alliances compete with other alliances.. who would get the same advantage.


_Valar Morghulis, Valar Dohaeris _

Paranoid Loyd
#30 - 2014-07-19 23:28:15 UTC
Rena Emishi wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Rena Emishi wrote:
I'm talking about small gang or solo high risk low sec / null sec activates. That's where this game needs to be made more profitable to pull people out of high sec.


How do you propose this is done without giving an even bigger advantage to the large alliances and thus nullifying any changes in the first place?



Give alliances more of a advantage if needs be... Wouldn't bother me at all. Large alliances compete with other alliances.. who would get the same advantage.




Are you familiar with the economic term "inflation"?

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Rena Emishi
Doomheim
#31 - 2014-07-19 23:32:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Rena Emishi
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Rena Emishi wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Rena Emishi wrote:
I'm talking about small gang or solo high risk low sec / null sec activates. That's where this game needs to be made more profitable to pull people out of high sec.


How do you propose this is done without giving an even bigger advantage to the large alliances and thus nullifying any changes in the first place?



Give alliances more of a advantage if needs be... Wouldn't bother me at all. Large alliances compete with other alliances.. who would get the same advantage.




Are you familiar with the economic term "inflation"?


Yes I am. But taking money from high sec and putting it into low sec. Does not inflate anything would not put more isk into circulation. I would not devalue the currency I know what inflation is but I have no idea why you use the term.

Also if their were more money to be made in low sec. Their would be more ships going to low sec and being destroyed creating a large isk sink that would counter balance the extra isk being made.

_Valar Morghulis, Valar Dohaeris _

Paranoid Loyd
#32 - 2014-07-19 23:36:03 UTC
Rena Emishi wrote:
I have no idea why you use the term.


Because you are looking at things from your own selfish point of view instead of what is good and bad for the game.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Rena Emishi
Doomheim
#33 - 2014-07-19 23:38:45 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Rena Emishi wrote:
I have no idea why you use the term.


Because you are looking at things from your own selfish point of view instead of what is good and bad for the game.


Whats good for the game in your point of view. Let me guess -> people running multiple accounts afk mining in high sec. or running level 4s with their eyes closed because their is no better way to make money... Ultimately they get bored and quit, because nothing is tempting them to make the jump into low sec / null sec living.

_Valar Morghulis, Valar Dohaeris _

Paranoid Loyd
#34 - 2014-07-19 23:39:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Rena Emishi wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Rena Emishi wrote:
I have no idea why you use the term.


Because you are looking at things from your own selfish point of view instead of what is good and bad for the game.


Whats good for the game in your point of view. Let me guess -> people running multiple accounts afk mining in high sec. or running level 4s with their eyes closed because their is no better way to make money... Ultimately they get bored and quit, because nothing is tempting them to make the jump into low sec / null sec living.


That is a very poor guess. There are plenty of better ways to make money out of Hi-Sec than mining in a prospect or exploring. There are even better ways than your aforementioned ways in Hi-Sec.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

J'Poll
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#35 - 2014-07-19 23:42:58 UTC
Rena Emishi wrote:
So for fun I have been mining in low sec and null sec in the new prospect ship. I can make more money afk mining in high sec.

Data and relic sites in low sec and null sec -- . Time to isk.. I can make more money afk mining in high sec. or running risk free level 4s in high sec.

CCP you game is a lie. Why are you forcing people to do mundane risk free activities by not offering huge rewards for taking risks.


You do know that high-sec is much more hostile then low or null-sec.

In low / null anybody that is not you is an enemy, in high-sec there is 1 wolf hiding among the 100 sheep in local, try to spot him before he kills you.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#36 - 2014-07-19 23:44:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Rena Emishi wrote:
Whats good for the game in your point of view. Let me guess -> people running multiple accounts afk mining in high sec. or running level 4s with their eyes closed because their is no better way to make money... Ultimately they get bored and quit, because nothing is tempting them to make the jump into low sec / null sec living.

No. He doesn't want risk v reward to be different than what it currently is, because if people leave highsec, his easy ganks could dry up (that would never happen though). He's no less selfish than he thinks you are.
Paranoid Loyd
#37 - 2014-07-19 23:46:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Rena Emishi wrote:
Whats good for the game in your point of view. Let me guess -> people running multiple accounts afk mining in high sec. or running level 4s with their eyes closed because their is no better way to make money... Ultimately they get bored and quit, because nothing is tempting them to make the jump into low sec / null sec living.

No. He doesn't want risk v reward to be different than what it currently is, because if people leave highsec, his easy ganks could dry up. He's no less selfish than he thinks you are.


The hubs will always be in Hi-Sec Blink

While this is the alt I post with, it is not the only one I play with.
I would be much happier if more people went to low-sec, but the OP has proposed the rewards change in a way that would be detrimental to the game, it would do absolutely nothing to get more people out of Hi-Sec.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Rena Emishi
Doomheim
#38 - 2014-07-19 23:47:34 UTC
J'Poll wrote:
Rena Emishi wrote:
So for fun I have been mining in low sec and null sec in the new prospect ship. I can make more money afk mining in high sec.

Data and relic sites in low sec and null sec -- . Time to isk.. I can make more money afk mining in high sec. or running risk free level 4s in high sec.

CCP you game is a lie. Why are you forcing people to do mundane risk free activities by not offering huge rewards for taking risks.


You do know that high-sec is much more hostile then low or null-sec.

In low / null anybody that is not you is an enemy, in high-sec there is 1 wolf hiding among the 100 sheep in local, try to spot him before he kills you.



Don't talk nonsence. Even if their is 1 wolf in 100 sheep. their are also 99 other sheep for sed wolf to attack safety in numbers. The only reason high sec looks more hostile on the kill boards is that their are so many war decs and ganks around trade hubs. war decs and ganks can be avoided.

_Valar Morghulis, Valar Dohaeris _

Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#39 - 2014-07-20 00:00:55 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
The hubs will always be in Hi-Sec Blink

Please try to stay on topic before picking on one of my alts.

Sure they will. See the edit of my post.

But you've been a bit of a **** to the OP in this thread, hoping he can guess at what you mean rather than just openly saying it in simple terms. Alt, main, whatever, a **** is a ****.
Paranoid Loyd
#40 - 2014-07-20 00:03:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
The hubs will always be in Hi-Sec Blink

Please try to stay on topic before picking on one of my alts.

Sure they will. See the edit of my post.

But you've been a bit of a **** to the OP in this thread, hoping he can guess at what you mean rather than just openly saying it in simple terms. Alt, main, whatever, a **** is a ****.


I am never going to be nice to entitled players. Neither should you.

Im not hoping he will guess, I am trying to get him to think for himself and see the bigger picture.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!