These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Worst Merc`s ever award?

First post
Author
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2014-07-16 07:38:09 UTC
Inxentas Ultramar wrote:
No they don't. We've been decced a couple of times by Marmite. They are woefully incompetent and everybody knows it.

Eh, I don't understand why people go off on marmite so much. They camp hubs and pipes, and are supplemented by a handful of tiny roaming fleets. If you hire them that is what you are paying for. They will cut off market access for the target corp to a significant extent. If you want someone to go camp the targets in a specific system or bash their poses, maybe you should look somewhere else.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#42 - 2014-07-16 07:55:32 UTC
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
Inxentas Ultramar wrote:
No they don't. We've been decced a couple of times by Marmite. They are woefully incompetent and everybody knows it.
Eh, I don't understand why people go off on marmite so much. They camp hubs and pipes, and are supplemented by a handful of tiny roaming fleets. If you hire them that is what you are paying for. They will cut off market access for the target corp to a significant extent. If you want someone to go camp the targets in a specific system or bash their poses, maybe you should look somewhere else.
Anyone using an alt to haul can immediately render them useless, not to mention that if you show up with a combat capable fleet, they'll dock up allowing you to move whatever you want into the hub. Who would pay for that?

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Seraph IX Basarab
Outer Path
Seraphim Division
#43 - 2014-07-16 07:55:56 UTC
Inxentas Ultramar wrote:

That's always been my thought too. But people have to talk about how "bad" marmite is. Make a cup of tea instead, look at a funny cat picture, hug your girlfriend or wife, or if you're lacking tea, humor and a loved one, go find a sock and solve your tension problems in some other manner.
Don Purple
Snuggle Society
Snuggle Society.
#44 - 2014-07-16 08:22:49 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Inxentas Ultramar wrote:
Anyone using an alt to haul can immediately render them useless, not to mention that if you show up with a combat capable fleet, they'll dock up allowing you to move whatever you want into the hub. Who would pay for that?

You are lumpy space princess ay?
Is your guild recruiting?

But why all the hate? The tear bucket is full mate.

I am just here to snuggle and do spy stuff.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#45 - 2014-07-16 08:54:12 UTC
Don Purple wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Inxentas Ultramar wrote:
You are lumpy space princess ay?
Is your guild recruiting?

But why all the hate? The tear bucket is full mate.
lol, it's easier for you to consider me a teary eyed princess than respond seriously it seems. That in itself speaks volumes as to why groups like marmite are of no use. I have no issue with marmite sitting around beating up miners and hiding in hubs. I just find it endlessly hilarious that they then try to claim they are the elite, and that other merc groups are shite, when any of the other merc groups would dunk them hard if it came to it.

When you put it to them to prove it, you get greeted with pages of posts claiming you are just a teary eyed target, and that they are elite and blah blah blah, the usual whining of the playground groups. Then if you wait around long enough you get Nightmare X screaming "but rebirth! WAH! I love Kai!" in mile long walls of text. To be honest it's pretty entertaining. People like you make it all the better :D

Fybs
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#46 - 2014-07-16 09:41:01 UTC
Saeger1737 wrote:
NightmareX wrote:
Saeger1737 wrote:
And the award for most fail, overpriced, unorganized merc alliance in all of new eden goes to drum roll please: The marmite collective.

I wouldn't be shocked if CCP handed out this award this year at fanfest.

Ahh, so just because you say so, it must be true, right?

Not even giving any evidences or good reasons to back up your claim with?

Sounds like a fail attempt to smear our name just because we are better than you.

There's a war report in my profile if you want to take a look, and I bet every other merc service marmite has fought nearly looks the same.

Simply stated I've been at war with marmots a number of times, their forces always turn tail and run, when there are more the 3 enemies coming at them. You might catch a straggler but in the end all they do is **** and moan in local about how you blobbed their fleet of 10 with a fleet of 5.

Case rested.

Hmmm I can't ever remember that happening mate?

Have you ever seen me run?

like all the Mercs you used Hit and Run tactics (which is fine) because toe to toe you
would get smashed.

let's look at our current war with BAW shall we?

all they have killed is one ship who was alone on the 4-4 Big smile

what happened to promising a fight?

I don't understand why your so mad?

if we would get dunked by anyone who shoots back let's stop the talk and have some action Cool

you should join a corp and put your money where you mouth is.

Don't confuse kindness with weakness.

Beware the hand of Fybs.

Proud CEO of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#47 - 2014-07-16 10:07:49 UTC
elven serpent wrote:
Having recently returned to eve after a long break, i had decided to use alts to mine ice while semi afk. the usual suicide gank/ extortion attempt was fully expected but i figured this would give me a chance to dust off my guns.. to my joy said suicide ganker is associated with Marmite Collective, who some time ago where hired by our old industrial corp to help out with a wardec.

Since on this occasion our `hired guns` never showed up (despite being paid and joining the wardec) i was joyous that i would finally find out what they are made of..

Especially as an ex merc myself i know what i was expecting and sadly their effort (or lack of it) simply doesn`t cut it, possibly the most risk adverse pvp alliance i have come across! they seldom leave the docking ring unless they have overwhelming odds (even then they are paranoid you are bait if you engage them and unlikley to agress back).. other than to gank haulers in niarja of course.

Bottom line is a good merc corp will find you, not have to be hunted and pry`ed out of stations by a 1 man corp, the target should be under 23/7 pressure.

Having asked around, checked killboards etc..it seems i`m not the only person they have not bothered to turn up for. as i see it the mercenary trade is based upon the clients trust and the mercenaries honour and this outfit are more suited to high sec grief and scams than being mercs.

Unless you target has an exceptionally low boredom threshold and will quit the game after a week of watching them hugging station I`d spend my isk elsewhere..

Well to be fair 23/7 pressure is impossible to demand. The mercs are playing to have fun, they are not receiving real life money for it. So they will keep hunting for the wartargets that are at least undocking or have been spotted with expensive ship ( no I will NOT travel 20 jumps for a t1 frigate :P, but will do for a t3 of battleship)

At the end, the good mercs know exactly how much pressure is productive and how much is just wasting the chance of being more productive elsewhere. At end all resumes to pursuing anyone with happiness :P

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#48 - 2014-07-16 11:02:42 UTC
Fybs wrote:

So you guys are good at running and hiding maybe? It's easy for you to sit and claim that they aren't giving you fights when you can't show that you aren't running from said fights. All the evidence shows is that they have engaged and won when they did, and since then no fighting has occurred. You saying it's their fault doesn't mean a damn thing.

Fybs
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#49 - 2014-07-16 11:21:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Fybs
Lucas Kell wrote:
Fybs wrote:

So you guys are good at running and hiding maybe? It's easy for you to sit and claim that they aren't giving you fights when you can't show that you aren't running from said fights. All the evidence shows is that they have engaged and won when they did, and since then no fighting has occurred. You saying it's their fault doesn't mean a damn thing.

Lucas

You just went Full ******

Never go Full ******

Lol

P.S Lucas you are just like gevlon but without the charts and graphs.
iv never known so much rubbish to come out from one person.

@ C&P

Did you lot know Lucas is banned from his own SMA forums for being full of ****? Lol

that must be why we have to deal with him Sad

Hey Lucas would you like some cream for that burn?

Don't confuse kindness with weakness.

Beware the hand of Fybs.

Proud CEO of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#50 - 2014-07-16 12:09:14 UTC
Fybs wrote:
P.S Lucas you are just like gevlon but without the charts and graphs.
iv never known so much rubbish to come out from one person.
So what you are saying is that you have no compelling argument against the pure facts, since those facts can easily be verified on zkb. Thanks for playing.

Fybs wrote:
Did you lot know Lucas is banned from his own SMA forums for being full of ****? Lol

that must be why we have to deal with him Sad
Fail. I'm not, never have been and never will be banned. Typical response of someone that is unable to prove his side of an argument though, attack the credibility of the accuser with wild allegations. Back on topic, how goes all that running away from BAW?

Fybs wrote:
Hey Lucas would you like some cream for that burn?
You are way too easily impressed by yourself. Just a little hint, burns work better when they are based in fact. You've been taking way too many lessons from Tora on schoolyard level smacktalking.

Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#51 - 2014-07-16 14:15:02 UTC
We kill at least 5 times more then the entire Monkey alliance Lucas is in. If we are suppose to be hiding in stations, Monkeys must never log on I guess ?? Lol If they would spend just as much time at shooting people as Lucas is filling the forums with crap, they might still be relevant some day. Probably not, but lets keep a positive mind.

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#52 - 2014-07-16 14:34:39 UTC
Tora Bushido wrote:
We kill at least 5 times more then the entire Monkey alliance Lucas is in. If we are suppose to be hiding in stations, Monkeys must never log on I guess ?? Lol If they would spend just as much time at shooting people as Lucas is filling the forums with crap, they might still be relevant some day. Probably not, but lets keep a positive mind.
Yes indeed, you pad your kb with industry kills from easy targets. It's something literally anyone can do, but few people actually do because it means nothing. No matter how many times you want to claim you are relevant because you can kill haulers 10 on 1, it won't make it the case. Clearly you know this to be true which is why Fybs isn't able to pull together a coherent argument and is instead resorting to acting like a child.

It's funny to watch you guys scramble to a defense though every single time people point out how terrible you are.

Saeger1737
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#53 - 2014-07-16 15:34:01 UTC
Fybs wrote:
Saeger1737 wrote:
NightmareX wrote:
Saeger1737 wrote:
And the award for most fail, overpriced, unorganized merc alliance in all of new eden goes to drum roll please: The marmite collective.

I wouldn't be shocked if CCP handed out this award this year at fanfest.

Ahh, so just because you say so, it must be true, right?

Not even giving any evidences or good reasons to back up your claim with?

Sounds like a fail attempt to smear our name just because we are better than you.

There's a war report in my profile if you want to take a look, and I bet every other merc service marmite has fought nearly looks the same.

Simply stated I've been at war with marmots a number of times, their forces always turn tail and run, when there are more the 3 enemies coming at them. You might catch a straggler but in the end all they do is **** and moan in local about how you blobbed their fleet of 10 with a fleet of 5.

Case rested.

Hmmm I can't ever remember that happening mate?

Have you ever seen me run?

like all the Mercs you used Hit and Run tactics (which is fine) because toe to toe you
would get smashed.

I don't understand why your so mad?

if we would get dunked by anyone who shoots back let's stop the talk and have some action Cool

you should join a corp and put your money where you mouth is.

Do I need to find all the war reports? There are so many. I think your problem is that you feel your elitist but fail to grasp the concept. Baw decced for a straight up fight but that's hard to do when your cowering in a station writing posts all day (NightmareX, Tora). I could pull up all the Repo/Path of destruction wars or serious space holding wars, but you'd simply say those were old. Statistics don't lie, at the end of the day statistically speaking Marmite can't win in a fight against another merc alliance/Corp.

There's no talent in killing noobships with 3 sensor boosters on your cynbal.

MERC WITH A MOUTH, Send me DPS and my fleet will double it back! Special offer!

Zeus Maximo
Mentally Assured Destruction
The Pursuit of Happiness
#54 - 2014-07-16 15:58:14 UTC
NightmareX wrote:

And that comes from a guy who hides behind how many thousands of players in carebear heaven called 0.0 space?

So am I classified as a carebear if I have null sec characters? I don't know why but this sentence stuck out to me Sad

I just like to PVP X

"It is not possible either to trick or escape the mind of Zeus."

U-MAD Membership Recruitment

PoH Corporation Recruitment

NightmareX
Pandemic Horde High Sec Division
#55 - 2014-07-16 16:03:55 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
The difference being I don't claim to be elite, while you do. We've covered this once before. I don;t mind claiming I'm a loser little carebear that hang around in station and makes stuff out of titanium. You however are a lose that hangs about in stations and whines about how amazing you are, even though you'll only engage if the odds are 99.999% in your favour.

Do you have a problem that we call us elite?

What if we actually are elite to many others who are hiring us to do merc jobs?

DO you really think we care about what a noob from 0.0 space thinks of us?

Lucas Kell wrote:
lol, again see above. And you don't "play smart and kill everyone in the most brutal and smartest way", you attack newbies, industrialists and haulers to pad your killboard. And by all means, continue to whine on about how mercs need padded killboards, but don;t expect everyone to look at the raw numbers and say "OH MY GOD THEY MUST BE AMAZING!". Those of us will eyes will continue to pull apart your killboard and point out that it all means absolutely sod all. I know, it upsets you, but people looking to hire you should take a little look at how you pad your kuillboard, not just the raw numbers, and they'll realise that hiring you is pointless.

Sigh........, do you know what a war is?

A war is a war where we simply DON'T CARE what we kill. We do our jobs of killing the targets our clients want's us to kill. We shoot whatever that's blinky to us. Do you have a problem with the way we run our business?

Go to the wailing wall if you want to flood someone with tears.

Lucas Kell wrote:
You wars are easy targets designed to either provide easy kills or bury your killboard in a long list of wars so people will say "wow, look at all the wars they had!". Before the war stats on crest, that was effective, but now that they can all be seen your little smokescreen no longer works. And I know a good deal about empire wardecs, which is why I can see straight though all your whining about how great you are. Any competent PvP group could permadunk you, since your members are only trained to fight unarmed ships. When a ship fires back the only response they know is running away and docking.

Again, it's pretty obvious that you have fully misunderstood the whole concept of doing empire wars and about how important our killboard statistics are.

You are in a useless 0.0 space carebear alliance who doesn't care about the killboard statistics, because it's more important to sucks your blues balls for isk than killing stuffs. We don't run the same motto. The better statistics we have the more customers we get. And the more effective we are, the more happy our clients will be.

And this is something you openly admit to everyone here that you simply don't get?

Awesome bro.

Lucas Kell wrote:
lol, fail. I live in 0.0 mate, and my highsec traders are NPC corps. You could literally do nothing to me if your life depended on it. You need to try to make something up since you realise what I'm stating here is irrefutable fact. Nice rage post by the way Lol

Yeah, you lives in 0.0 space and that's the reason you don't know how mercs runs their wars or PVP in empire. It wasn't a rage post, it was a post where i'm telling the facts.

Lucas Kell wrote:
Bull, you want Kai to come to your hose and make sweet love to you. Hearing Kai saying your name is all that you need to make your date. This is why you bang on about how great he is when it's plain to see that the only thing he's good at is crying louder than you. By all means get in the same fleet. Continue to hang around gates and stations and whine on about how amazing you would be if only people wouldn't use pesky combat ships. That wouldn't make him or you any less terrible, and it certainly won;t make your whining about how good you are anything more than words.

All the data is there and plain to see on zkb. If people did a little bit of homework and didn't just accept your whining as proof of success they can see for themselves what you guys are really like. Unfortunately for you, you can't fake figures for the API, and can't hide behind the wall of saturated data like you used to, so no matter how many tears you shed about you competence, potential clients can dig into your data themselves.

Awwww, so cute. Your tears are flooding this topic so much that i'm about to die by drowning. It's pretty obvious that you are butthurt because Kai86 is better than your whole f**king alliance ALONE.

I'm pretty sure that kai86 alone have better statistics than your whole alliance, witch make it all funny. Please do me a favour, and that's to hide even more behind your smug slaves in 0.0 space that holds your hands.

Here is a list of my current EVE / PVP videos:

1: Asteroid Madness

2: Clash of the Empires

3: Suddenly Spaceships fighting in Tama

NightmareX
#56 - 2014-07-16 16:06:01 UTC  |  Edited by: NightmareX
Zeus Maximo wrote:
NightmareX wrote:

And that comes from a guy who hides behind how many thousands of players in carebear heaven called 0.0 space?

So am I classified as a carebear if I have null sec characters? I don't know why but this sentence stuck out to me Sad

I just like to PVP X

Ehh, read the post again. It was to Lucas Kell Blink

EDIT: If you use Zeus mainly for PVP in empire, then no, you won't get classified as the same as Lucas Kell.

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#57 - 2014-07-16 16:07:37 UTC
Calling marmite "the worst merc alliance" is a bit much.

You must tailor the mercs you hire to the objective you desire. Call them campers if you want, they still kill billions doing it.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

NightmareX
#58 - 2014-07-16 16:10:01 UTC
Leto Thule wrote:

You must tailor the mercs you hire to the objective you desire. Call them campers if you want, they still kill billions doing it.

We simply just do our jobs. It can't be more clearer than that.

Yup, we camp alot, but that's a huge part of how we have to do our jobs, so not sure why so many are butthurt over that. Hmmm, maybe many are mad because we are pretty effective at killing stuffs that way?

elven serpent
Doomheim
#59 - 2014-07-16 16:23:43 UTC
NightmareX wrote:
Leto Thule wrote:

We simply just do our jobs. It can't be more clearer than that.

Yup, we camp alot, but that's a huge part of how we have to do our jobs, so not sure why so many are butthurt over that. Hmmm, maybe many are mad because we are pretty effective at killing stuffs that way?

Turning up is the backbone of your job, as many testimonials in this thread prove you won`t, but yes to recap this is a merc alliance you should hire in the event that you cannot camp undocks and only shoot industrials, noobs and pve stuff. which lets face it anyone can do...
I would have imagined i`m probably now suitably unpopular in the marmite camp.. yet still spent the last 1/2 hour orbiting your `camped` station... out of dock range.. in a crap ship.. or do you only have industrials in overview settings? lol

Maybe you should keep that burn cream for yourselves?... some of your members are definately sore judging by the state of my mailbox.. Lol
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#60 - 2014-07-16 16:48:50 UTC
NightmareX wrote:
Do you have a problem that we call us elite?

What if we actually are elite to many others who are hiring us to do merc jobs?
I don;t have a problem with you saying it, but I'm going to call you out on it. You haven't proven anything except that you can kill haulers in Jita, big whoop. Consider me the voice of reason when you try to convince the general populous of your eliteness.

NightmareX wrote:
DO you really think we care about what a noob from 0.0 space thinks of us?
I wouldn't have thought you'd care, no, but clearly you do, hence walls of text.

NightmareX wrote:
Sigh........, do you know what a war is?

A war is a war where we simply DON'T CARE what we kill. We do our jobs of killing the targets our clients want's us to kill. We shoot whatever that's blinky to us. Do you have a problem with the way we run our business?
I'm aware of what a war is, and you can hardly say that the majority of your wars aren't entirely one sided affairs. You primarily target small groups of noobs, and null group haulers who you know won't retaliate because you are 40 odd jumps away. So you do care what you kill, since you select easy targets and avoid tougher ones.

NightmareX wrote:
Again, it's pretty obvious that you have fully misunderstood the whole concept of doing empire wars and about how important our killboard statistics are.

Yeah, you lives in 0.0 space and that's the reason you don't know how mercs runs their wars or PVP in empire. It wasn't a rage post, it was a post where i'm telling the facts.
No, I get it. Totally. What you don;t get is that buffing your KB still doesn't make you elite. We've covered this over and over. You buff your KB so you can look good as a merc alliance without having to actually be elite, you've practically admitted this is a required tactic. All I'm saying is that if you look at the content of the killboard, you can see a pattern which shows you are pretty poor at real PvP.

You've yet to present facts, just walls and walls of hyperbole and rage.

NightmareX wrote:
Awwww, so cute. Your tears are flooding this topic so much that i'm about to die by drowning. It's pretty obvious that you are butthurt because Kai86 is better than your whole f**king alliance ALONE.

I'm pretty sure that kai86 alone have better statistics than your whole alliance, witch make it all funny. Please do me a favour, and that's to hide even more behind your smug slaves in 0.0 space that holds your hands.
See what I mean? Clear rage post right here.

And probably, yeah. Empire "PvP" is pretty easy to get a buffed up killboard from. Burn Jita alone buffs the killboard to no end, and Gevlon has shown he can get many times Kai's killboard stats from solo ganking. Again though mate, you need to look at more than just the big number shown at the top of the killboard and look at context. Kai is rubbish because he doesn't do anything elite. Actual elite PvPers would dunk the ever living hell out of him in half a second.

You really should think about just asking Kai out. It's clear your lust for him is not being catered for.