These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CODE Minerbumping query

Author
Matius Udan
Padecains Exploration and Recon Inc
#221 - 2014-09-01 08:13:00 UTC
John E Normus wrote:

Never "/endthread" a Code thread. You just look silly when you try that.

Not just a CODE thread, unless you have the ability to lock a thread, using /endthread always makes you look silly.
NotTheSmartestCookie
Shooting Blues Everyday
Gimme Da Loot
#222 - 2014-09-01 14:34:32 UTC
Ria Nieyli wrote:
People that would learn how to avoid Code, would have learnt that even if Code was not there. Couple that with the fact that people have historically ganked other people anyway and you arrive at the conclusion that the change that they bring in the gameplay experience of an intelligent player is literally non-existant.

I think your conclusion is literally not borne out by the facts. Just like children are educated in order to become productive members of society so does CODE. assist new players in becoming better EVE players. Intelligent players have been supporting CODE. in word and deed, including more than 400b in shares sold.

Making New Eden a better place 8 rounds of Void at a time.

Funny, smartest, pretty and relevant. Pick 3.

Proud shareholder in Halaima MinerBumping

SpaceAlien Fan
Galactic Space Contracting And Holdings Inc
#223 - 2014-09-01 15:23:40 UTC
John E Normus wrote:
Looks like we're in deep with Brave, NC, and PL as well...

Justification = Logging in
Ganking = Public Service
Permit = Required by the Law

Never "/endthread" a Code thread. You just look silly when you try that.

required by the law don't make me laugh.
Ria Nieyli
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#224 - 2014-09-01 15:36:29 UTC
NotTheSmartestCookie wrote:
Ria Nieyli wrote:
People that would learn how to avoid Code, would have learnt that even if Code was not there. Couple that with the fact that people have historically ganked other people anyway and you arrive at the conclusion that the change that they bring in the gameplay experience of an intelligent player is literally non-existant.

I think your conclusion is literally not borne out by the facts. Just like children are educated in order to become productive members of society so does CODE. assist new players in becoming better EVE players. Intelligent players have been supporting CODE. in word and deed, including more than 400b in shares sold.

Lol school.

Truth is, there's nothing you can teach to players that are commited to playing the game at a respectable level, and the rest... well, they just won't take on.
Vipre Morte
Team JK
#225 - 2014-09-02 18:55:09 UTC
I was running a mining mission the other night when a bunch of CODE agents appeared. I escaped with me and my hauler before they could touch me. They then followed me to the station and bullied over chat about permits, saying things like "that was a show of force at a distance" -- way to be a sore loser in the "ganking wars" =P
Charax Bouclier
Silvershield Universal
#226 - 2014-09-02 19:35:41 UTC
Vipre Morte wrote:
I was running a mining mission the other night when a bunch of CODE agents appeared. I escaped with me and my hauler before they could touch me. They then followed me to the station and bullied over chat about permits, saying things like "that was a show of force at a distance" -- way to be a sore loser in the "ganking wars" =P

How is that being a sore loser? Looks like they were having some RPish fun about the incident.
Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#227 - 2014-09-02 19:49:28 UTC
Vipre Morte wrote:

How is that sore losers? You escaped which meant you were at your keyboard and paying attention. That's a win for the Code and the New Order. If you were to buy a permit, the victory would be complete. Maybe they didn't get the kill, but they still won.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Praise James, Supreme Protector of High Sec.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#228 - 2014-09-03 06:59:00 UTC
I have to admit. For all the stuff we're good at, admitting defeat is not one of those things. Of course its hard to admit defeat when you always win.

*shrugs modestly*

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Dave Viker
African Atomic.
420 MLG TWINTURBO 3000 EMPIRE ALLIANCE RELOADED
#229 - 2014-09-03 09:00:47 UTC
Those CODE guys are just funny.

Playing god never ends well I tell ya.

Indie GameDev & Audiophile

Checkout my Soundcloud page.

Hitech Trance, Chillout, Acoustic Stuff.

Anal Canal
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#230 - 2014-09-03 09:09:32 UTC
1) 7
2) A
3) Magna Carta
4) Because
5) No really
6) Game mechanics.
7) See #9
8) CSN
9) See #7
10) Wait wait?

Most importantly, WWWUUUUUTTTT??

The Artist Formerly Known As AC. 

The terminal end of the digestive system. 

The Best CSM Candidate

Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#231 - 2014-09-03 18:17:17 UTC
Dave Viker wrote:
Those CODE guys are just funny.

Playing god never ends well I tell ya.

Who's playing God? I am but a humble servant of our Supreme Protector James 315. I'm not sure where your idea comes from that any of us have a god complex. Sure James is sometimes compared to the RL saviour, but those are comparisons born of relevance, not claims of divinity.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#232 - 2014-09-03 19:19:10 UTC
Tengu Grib wrote:

Who's playing God?

Well my friend, the actual answer is -- all of us.

As capsuleers, EvE players are immortal. So, essentially, anyone playing EvE is in fact "playing god". I think it even says that in a few of the release trailers.

Cool

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

DJentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#233 - 2014-09-03 22:55:17 UTC
Kiryen O'Bannon wrote:

Mainly by not really being concerned with whether targets are afk, mining, ratting, and not worrying about nonexistent phenomenon like "bot aspirancy". We just play the game the way wee enjoy playing it. CODE could too, but they spend almost as much time on the forums trying to defend their gameplay in terms of things like balance, botting, and other metagame concerns as they do actually logged into the client. They'd be a lot more supportable if they'd just stick to the roleplay and playing how they want and less time trying to engage in justification of what they're doing that isn't necessary in the first place. The endless talk about "saving highsec" and all the associated noise has gone from hilarious to tiresome to pathetic.

Awwww, you'd like it more if we just acted like most other organized high-sec gankers and just typed "LOL REKT YOU GOT PWNED NOOB" in local?

Pardon us for... making it a little more fun :) Please consider a "sense of humor" skillbook and getting at least level III trained up.
Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#234 - 2014-09-03 23:47:35 UTC
Leto Thule wrote:
Tengu Grib wrote:

Who's playing God?

Well my friend, the actual answer is -- all of us.

As capsuleers, EvE players are immortal. So, essentially, anyone playing EvE is in fact "playing god". I think it even says that in a few of the release trailers.

Cool

I stand corrected.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Petre en Thielles
Doomheim
#235 - 2014-09-04 17:14:00 UTC
Ria Nieyli wrote:

And this, my friends, is the heart of CODE's little scam.

If you are part of CODE and are not getting a slice of corp. profit, you are being conned yourself.
Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#236 - 2014-09-04 17:18:05 UTC
Petre en Thielles wrote:
Ria Nieyli wrote:

If you are part of CODE and are not getting a slice of corp. profit, you are being conned yourself.

Scam how? I don't own any shares, and I can still file for reimbursements on my catalysts. So how am I being conned?

Rabble Rabble Rabble

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#237 - 2014-09-04 17:20:22 UTC
Petre en Thielles wrote:
Ria Nieyli wrote:

You obviously don't understand how SRP programs work. I'll give you a hint. They don't get ships for free either.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Petre en Thielles
Doomheim
#238 - 2014-09-04 17:48:28 UTC
Tengu Grib wrote:
Petre en Thielles wrote:
Ria Nieyli wrote:

Scam how? I don't own any shares, and I can still file for reimbursements on my catalysts. So how am I being conned?

You are making shareholders ISK based on your personal effort.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:

You obviously don't understand how SRP programs work. I'll give you a hint. They don't get ships for free either.

And you don't seem to understand how owning shares works.
Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#239 - 2014-09-04 18:03:34 UTC
Petre en Thielles wrote:
You are making shareholders ISK based on your personal effort.

And you don't seem to understand how owning shares works.

I don't think you understand how New Order Shares work. Money spent on shares is used to reimburse ships lost in the line of duty. That's it. End of function. Share holders do not 'make money' off of their shares. So you are very wrong.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Joey Spokes
ELUSH Rehab
#240 - 2014-09-08 10:29:37 UTC
People should just stop giving money to these scrubs.