These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CODE Minerbumping query

Author
Drachen Protectorate
TSOE Po1ice
TSOE Consortium
#201 - 2014-08-10 19:28:10 UTC
Kiryen O'Bannon wrote:
Gallowmere Rorschach wrote:
Number two: code isn't needed in null. It has it's own ways of dealing with afk miners, ratters, and bot aspirants.

Mainly by not really being concerned with whether targets are afk, mining, ratting, and not worrying about nonexistent phenomenon like "bot aspirancy". We just play the game the way wee enjoy playing it. CODE could too, but they spend almost as much time on the forums trying to defend their gameplay in terms of things like balance, botting, and other metagame concerns as they do actually logged into the client. They'd be a lot more supportable if they'd just stick to the roleplay and playing how they want and less time trying to engage in justification of what they're doing that isn't necessary in the first place. The endless talk about "saving highsec" and all the associated noise has gone from hilarious to tiresome to pathetic.

Amen to that sister.

Quoted for truth.
Gallowmere Rorschach
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#202 - 2014-08-12 12:50:32 UTC
Kiryen O'Bannon wrote:
Gallowmere Rorschach wrote:
Number two: code isn't needed in null. It has it's own ways of dealing with afk miners, ratters, and bot aspirants.

Mainly by not really being concerned with whether targets are afk, mining, ratting, and not worrying about nonexistent phenomenon like "bot aspirancy". We just play the game the way wee enjoy playing it. CODE could too, but they spend almost as much time on the forums trying to defend their gameplay in terms of things like balance, botting, and other metagame concerns as they do actually logged into the client. They'd be a lot more supportable if they'd just stick to the roleplay and playing how they want and less time trying to engage in justification of what they're doing that isn't necessary in the first place. The endless talk about "saving highsec" and all the associated noise has gone from hilarious to tiresome to pathetic.

You do realize that all of that stuff is part of the Code roleplay, right?
Eve has never been a game played solely in the client. It never will be. Why should Code be any different than the rest of us? Every bloc has their propaganda drives, narratives, etc. Code has theirs as well. For some reason, people feel they should be different than any other alliance, just because the space they smash with their spaceships happens to be 0.5+.
La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#203 - 2014-08-12 14:40:20 UTC
Handar Turiant wrote:
Little code interpretation question:

Should one be mining without a permit, does one get the opportunity to purchase it before being suicide ganked, or do the Code Folk gank everything not on their little list without the agent in question offering to purchase redemption through permit?

Since most Answers are Code Propaganda anyway:
Don't buy a permit, you will be ganked anyway. Those guys will find a lot of excuses, some have even been mentioned in this thread.

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#204 - 2014-08-12 14:42:11 UTC
La Rynx wrote:

Don't buy a permit, you will be ganked anyway. Those guys will find a lot of excuses, some have even been mentioned in this thread.

If you buy a permit, they win.

If you learn how to operate safely, and dont buy a permit, they win.

If you dont buy a permit, and dont learn how to operate safely, they win.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

La Rynx
Caldari State
#205 - 2014-08-12 14:43:52 UTC  |  Edited by: La Rynx
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Alastair Ormand wrote:
Don't buy the permit. Buy a skiff. It's hard for them to gank a skiff.

When we're quite literally ganking empty freighters for fun, you think we won't gank a skiff to make a point?

Codies are very seldom "making a point", so a skiff is a good investment.
A tip to have a quite safe skiff: always ignore codies, dont talk to them.

Leto Thule wrote:
La Rynx wrote:

- if you talk to them, they win.

If water is wet they win...

...of course.

If you keep talking about those sore losers, they win...

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#206 - 2014-08-12 14:55:52 UTC
La Rynx wrote:

...of course.

You're getting the idea, but please explain how they are "sore losers"... if they are in fact, meeting the goals of their gameplay style?

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

La Rynx
Caldari State
#207 - 2014-08-12 15:04:15 UTC
Leto Thule wrote:
La Rynx wrote:

...of course.

You're getting the idea, but please explain how they are "sore losers"... if they are in fact, meeting the goals of their gameplay style?

defininig every possible outcome as a win, dosn't make you a winner.

a kockoutee can define a KO on him as a win, as long as he wishes, it dosn't make him a winner.
Big smile

he is just lying to himself and others.
and lying...
... might not be unknown to codies.

Twisted

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#208 - 2014-08-12 15:11:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Leto Thule
Yeah, and if the game had a defined set of objectives (such as boxing or UFC), you would be right. But the sandbox allows you to set your own goals. As such, I do not see how they have lost anything.

La Rynx
Caldari State
#209 - 2014-08-12 15:58:04 UTC
Leto Thule wrote:
As such, I do not see how they have lost anything.

Of course, i am not surprised.
There we are again.
An excuse for everything.
So lets say what they (you) don't gain:
respect

Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#210 - 2014-08-12 16:01:07 UTC
La Rynx wrote:
Leto Thule wrote:
As such, I do not see how they have lost anything.

Of course, i am not surprised.
There we are again.
An excuse for everything.
respect

Lot's of people respect Leto Thule, myself among them. You accusation of lack of respect is being projected on others from your own lack of respect. Just because you don't respect Leto Thule, the New Order, or what we do, does not mean others do not.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Praise James, Supreme Protector of High Sec.

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#211 - 2014-08-12 16:22:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Leto Thule
La Rynx wrote:

respect

With regards, I am not a member of CODE. in any fashion. I am speaking on the topic because I value the contribution they provide to the game as a whole. They give me a reason to not autopilot my alt's DST thru hisec while PVP'ing in other areas. And for that, I absolutely respect them. I respect them enough to watch local, watch DSCAN, and cloak my blockade runner even when I am in hisec. They ensure I use insta-undocks when leaving trade hubs, watch for scouts that may be following me, and generally keep me proficient and aware of my activities.

It would benefit you to have the same outlook. While you may not share the goals they have, you should at least appreciate the effect they have on the game, and that they have managed to become the epitome of the hisec badguy (or goodguy, depending on your allegiance Big smile) The players that make up CODE have MADE the game change. That is an achievement. You can follow suit and try to make your own impact to the game, or you can cry on forums. The choice is yours.

Respect? They have mine in spades.

Revis Owen
Krigmakt Elite
Safety.
#212 - 2014-08-12 16:43:14 UTC
La Rynx wrote:
defininig every possible outcome as a win, dosn't make you a winner.

a kockoutee can define a KO on him as a win, as long as he wishes, it dosn't make him a winner.

Knockouts aren't the preferred outcome (nor anywhere near the majority outcome), but Code will always give a "gf" in local. Whereas, illegals and their white knights give rage, homophobic comments, and tears.

Winning isn't a statistic, it's a perspective.

Agent of the New Order http://www.minerbumping.com/p/the-code.html If you do not have a current Mining Permit, please contact me for issuance.

Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#213 - 2014-08-12 16:47:29 UTC
Leto Thule wrote:

And you have ours.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Phugoid
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#214 - 2014-08-13 18:59:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Phugoid
I recently finally saw the light. And as a famous capsuleer in another universe once stated...."Resistance Is Futile!"

It really is quite painless :)

Flugzeugführer

Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#215 - 2014-08-13 19:18:04 UTC
Phugoid wrote:
I recently finally saw the light. And as a famous capsuleer in another universe once stated...."Resistance Is Futile!"

\o/ Welcome to the fun side! Hope you're enjoying yourself! :D See you in space!

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Christopher Mabata
Stribog Proving
Stribog Clade
#216 - 2014-08-13 22:19:11 UTC
Phugoid wrote:

Hit me up if you ever need a gank partner, welcome to the real EvE brother

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet

DJentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#217 - 2014-08-14 10:17:33 UTC
Leto Thule wrote:

With regards, I am not a member of CODE. in any fashion. I am speaking on the topic because I value the contribution they provide to the game as a whole. They give me a reason to not autopilot my alt's DST thru hisec while PVP'ing in other areas. And for that, I absolutely respect them. I respect them enough to watch local, watch DSCAN, and cloak my blockade runner even when I am in hisec. They ensure I use insta-undocks when leaving trade hubs, watch for scouts that may be following me, and generally keep me proficient and aware of my activities.

It would benefit you to have the same outlook. While you may not share the goals they have, you should at least appreciate the effect they have on the game, and that they have managed to become the epitome of the hisec badguy (or goodguy, depending on your allegiance Big smile) The players that make up CODE have MADE the game change. That is an achievement. You can follow suit and try to make your own impact to the game, or you can cry on forums. The choice is yours.

And you have ours. I am pressing the like button as hard as I can and literally throwing cash at my screen right now :)
SpaceAlien Fan
Galactic Space Contracting And Holdings Inc
#218 - 2014-09-01 01:54:56 UTC  |  Edited by: SpaceAlien Fan
God these threads are getting old fast. For people that have questions:

Justification = Guilt
Ganking = Bullying
Permit = Scam/Extortion

And anyone that wants proof that code and goons are linked.

HERE> PROOF

/endthread
John E Normus
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#219 - 2014-09-01 07:42:35 UTC
Looks like we're in deep with Brave, NC, and PL as well...

Justification = Logging in
Ganking = Public Service
Permit = Required by the Law

Never "/endthread" a Code thread. You just look silly when you try that.

Between Ignorance and Wisdom

Ria Nieyli
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#220 - 2014-09-01 08:10:00 UTC
Leto Thule wrote:
La Rynx wrote:

Nope.

People that would learn how to avoid Code, would have learnt that even if Code was not there. Couple that with the fact that people have historically ganked other people anyway and you arrive at the conclusion that the change that they bring in the gameplay experience of an intelligent player is literally non-existant.