These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Burn Huola

First post First post
Author
Nameira Vanis-Tor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#461 - 2014-07-15 11:42:34 UTC
Merely Runaway wrote:

Oh wow, we really are defending Huola against teenagers.


I find these propaganda wars fun myself, this one is dedicated to the squid invaders on 'Burn Huola'.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KpI66IDSQGU

Win lose or draw you will never see the last of us...
Phox Jorkarzul
Deep Void Merc Syndicate
#462 - 2014-07-15 11:45:10 UTC
Rajeet Achmar wrote:
SmokinJs Arthie wrote:
There has to be a formula for contested percentage change to forum posts but I haven't figured it out yet, it goes both ways.


But then Crosi would single handedly hold off the entire amarr militia.


I have seen this happen.

Blasters for life

https://neverpheedthetroll.blogspot.com

Master Sergeant MacRobert
Space-Brewery-Association
Local Is Primary
#463 - 2014-07-15 12:12:45 UTC
Mmmm... ...interesting lunchtime viewing shows the swing

Dotlan and the influence of Dust 514

"Remedy this situation or you shall live out the rest of your life in a pain amplifier"

Epikurus
TheBlacklist
#464 - 2014-07-15 13:08:44 UTC
Master Sergeant MacRobert wrote:
Mmmm... ...interesting lunchtime viewing shows the swing

Dotlan and the influence of Dust 514


Has the Amarr side done anything directly to cause that DUST change? It doesn't seem to reflect an across the board Amaar dominance in DUST, so is it just good fortune or something else?
Flyinghotpocket
Doomheim
#465 - 2014-07-15 13:10:04 UTC
Baron' Soontir Fel wrote:
jesus one night of victories and you have 10 posts in a row circlejerking.

yall totally havent done it before

Amarr Militia Representative - A jar of nitro

Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#466 - 2014-07-15 13:15:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Gully Alex Foyle
Flyinghotpocket wrote:
Baron' Soontir Fel wrote:
jesus one night of victories and you have 10 posts in a row circlejerking.

yall totally havent done it before
In truth we usually do win, but we Gallente tend to circlejerk no matter what.

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#467 - 2014-07-15 13:36:45 UTC
Phox Jorkarzul wrote:
Rajeet Achmar wrote:
SmokinJs Arthie wrote:
There has to be a formula for contested percentage change to forum posts but I haven't figured it out yet, it goes both ways.


But then Crosi would single handedly hold off the entire amarr militia.


I have seen this happen.



I think you mean Psymn.

Outside his sex life, Crosi doesn't do anything single handedly.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Veskrashen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#468 - 2014-07-15 13:39:21 UTC
Cearain wrote:
Phox Jorkarzul wrote:
Rajeet Achmar wrote:
SmokinJs Arthie wrote:
There has to be a formula for contested percentage change to forum posts but I haven't figured it out yet, it goes both ways.


But then Crosi would single handedly hold off the entire amarr militia.


I have seen this happen.

I think you mean Psymn.

Outside his sex life, Crosi doesn't do anything single handedly.

Actually, he double-fists it there too.

We Gallente have a saying: "CCP created the Gallente Militia to train the Fighters..."

Rahelis
Doomheim
#469 - 2014-07-15 14:38:35 UTC
Huola reached 60% - week II, day II, 14:30 EVE time.

Gals only prove that derptrons fail in our theatre.

Minnies - are absent - only gal heros fight in huola.
Artuard Envien
Space-Brewery-Association
Local Is Primary
#470 - 2014-07-15 14:49:56 UTC
Rahelis wrote:
Huola reached 60% - week II, day II, 14:30 EVE time.

Gals only prove that derptrons fail in our theatre.

Minnies - are absent - only gal heros fight in huola.


This guy

Uncanny resemblance :D
X Gallentius
Black Eagle5
#471 - 2014-07-15 14:53:06 UTC
All hail the Derpcecutioner!
Chewytowel Haklar
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#472 - 2014-07-15 15:01:23 UTC
Rahelis wrote:
Huola reached 60% - week II, day II, 14:30 EVE time.

Gals only prove that derptrons fail in our theatre.

Minnies - are absent - only gal heros fight in huola.


I'm scared to fight you. You'd probably pop me before I even came out of warp :O

Btw how badly do you guys really want to take Huola? I mean are you in this for the long haul or do you think that you'd eventually get tired and move on?
Thanatos Marathon
Moira.
Villore Accords
#473 - 2014-07-15 15:04:29 UTC
Chewytowel Haklar wrote:
Rahelis wrote:
Huola reached 60% - week II, day II, 14:30 EVE time.

Gals only prove that derptrons fail in our theatre.

Minnies - are absent - only gal heros fight in huola.


I'm scared to fight you. You'd probably pop me before I even came out of warp :O

Btw how badly do you guys really want to take Huola? I mean are you in this for the long haul or do you think that you'd eventually get tired and move on?


Without another epic defense fleet it looks like they will take it tonight or tomorrow.
Artuard Envien
Space-Brewery-Association
Local Is Primary
#474 - 2014-07-15 15:05:25 UTC
Actually since I'm Amarr I shall join the Propaganda War.

It has been rumoured that we have fired scud missiles into Huola. I am here now to tell you, we do not have any scud missiles and I don't know why they were fired into Huola.

Now even the Minmatar command is under siege. We are hitting it from the north, east, south and west. We chase them here and they chase us there. But at the end we are the people who are laying siege to them. And it is not them who are besieging us.

There is no presence of Minmatar infidels in the city of Huola.


Also. Our initial assessment is that they will all die.

Thank you.
SmokinJs Arthie
Black Eagle5
#475 - 2014-07-15 15:08:55 UTC
Thanatos Marathon wrote:
Chewytowel Haklar wrote:
Rahelis wrote:
Huola reached 60% - week II, day II, 14:30 EVE time.

Gals only prove that derptrons fail in our theatre.

Minnies - are absent - only gal heros fight in huola.


I'm scared to fight you. You'd probably pop me before I even came out of warp :O

Btw how badly do you guys really want to take Huola? I mean are you in this for the long haul or do you think that you'd eventually get tired and move on?


Without another epic defense fleet it looks like they will take it tonight or tomorrow.


We need to form Voltron.
Chewytowel Haklar
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#476 - 2014-07-15 15:18:39 UTC
Quote:

We need to form Voltron.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nBMSRtCrIQ
Baron' Soontir Fel
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#477 - 2014-07-15 15:43:47 UTC
kinda weird how in the cal/gal wz we only talk about fights after they happen. most of the threads only happen after the fall of a stronghold/plex fight. This one popped up before it even started
Master Sergeant MacRobert
Space-Brewery-Association
Local Is Primary
#478 - 2014-07-15 15:53:02 UTC
Baron' Soontir Fel wrote:
kinda weird how in the cal/gal wz we only talk about fights after they happen. most of the threads only happen after the fall of a stronghold/plex fight. This one popped up before it even started


Which do you think you prefer?

Personally, I think it is great when someone makes a "declaration of intent" and then tries to act upon it.

Most of the world of dull-sec used to wait on the next post from Sir Molle on CAOD stating "Nice system we'll take it". Win or lose it added a nice edge to the conflict that took place.

"Remedy this situation or you shall live out the rest of your life in a pain amplifier"

Baron' Soontir Fel
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#479 - 2014-07-15 18:23:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Baron' Soontir Fel
Master Sergeant MacRobert wrote:

Which do you think you prefer?


It's just different.

The Cal/Gal warzone is pretty straightforward. It's just us two entities bashing each others' heads in for a weekend until someone runs out of steam. Occasionally, pirate groups wander by and take potshots but those are usually few and far between.

When Amarr announced this, I highly doubt they expected Huola to become such a major battleground or draw in so many different corps and alliances. From what I've seen the past, when Amarr posts one of these, they have a couple victories, and then Minmatar usually crumbles (probably from lack of TZ coverage) and the thread is over in a couple of days. Now, with allies pouring in on both sides, this is the longest constant fight I've seen for a battleground system.



The ship comps are pretty diverse as well, Gal/Cal use derpships for frigate fights, we sometimes bring out armor comps, but rarer than cheap fleets. Smalls are pretty well split between kite doctrines and brawling doctrines. Mediums are always fun with huge cruiser brawls, almost always T1. I think Caldari has a much younger playerbase which means they can't field a high amount of T2 ships, so they stay T1, and then we stay T1 so we can get fights instead of just roflstomping.

Min/Amarr warzone seems a lot more mature. People brought out BS's and T2 cruisers pretty aggressively and you see AF doctrines and high quality ships a lot more. Part of this is probably because of the prevalence of null sec groups willing to come to the area, and part of it is probably the age of the members.

It's just different.
Zhmchzhn
Into the Ether
WE FORM V0LTA
#480 - 2014-07-15 19:29:05 UTC
Baron' Soontir Fel wrote:

The ship comps are pretty diverse as well, Gal/Cal use derpships for frigate fights, we sometimes bring out armor comps, but rarer than cheap fleets. Smalls are pretty well split between kite doctrines and brawling doctrines. Mediums are always fun with huge cruiser brawls, almost always T1. I think Caldari has a much younger playerbase which means they can't field a high amount of T2 ships, so they stay T1, and then we stay T1 so we can get fights instead of just roflstomping.


You got roflstomped pretty hard twice last night when you went with T2 ships. Tell your FCs not to sit with zero transversal in sentry optimal next time you fight us please, we'd like a challenge.

https://zkillboard.com/related/30003067/201407150100/o/%7B%22A%22%3A%5B%221186465684%22%5D%2C%22B%22%3A%5B%22386292982%22%2C%221966049571%22%2C%2299004240%22%2C%2299003579%22%2C%2299001795%22%2C%2299001635%22%2C%2298300350%22%2C%2299003806%22%2C%2298142031%22%2C%2298264321%22%2C%2299000943%22%5D%7D/

THE SANSHA'S NATION WISHES TO EXPAND ITS BORDERS