These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Burn Huola

First post First post
Author
Christine Peeveepeeski
Low Sec Concepts
#401 - 2014-07-14 07:24:54 UTC
Er,

So basically loryanna from my perspective your stance has gone from

'Minmatar and Gallente are pro and full of win, completely better than amarr/caldari in every way and we will rofl stomp your asses whether we have 5 ships or 50.'

to

'Minmatar and Gallente are pro and full of win, completely better than amarr/caldari in every way and we will rofl stomp your asses whether we have 5 ships or 500.'

All this posturing, saying OMG WE SO POWERFUL. Come on now, you weren't a pushover in huola to start with from a sov side of things. The only issue we had in amarr were that none of you logged in. I mean hell I and Thorin plexed Huola to 7% BY OURSELVES and murdered the guys logged in a week before this campaign. We could have carried on for another 6 hours if we didn't have work. You were indifferant, fat and lazy. Now we have opponents again and what's the worse that happens to us? We go to t1...... (OH WAIT) Before all this minnies thought of amarr as irrelevent anyway right? So exactly how much do you think we actually can fall? Do you honestly think that what you say means anything negative to a group of people constantly told we are terrible anyway :P

As for winmatar, like it or not they have embedded themselves into amarrian life with a lot more humility than they did in minmatar times. Hell i was one of their biggest detractors over that debacle and even sided with minnie/gals to kill them because LOL PR DISASTER but I'll give them this. They have a go, they create content and they give you a reason to bloody undock because of the seething hatred. It's comical, if they are so inconsequential then why do you give them so much forum time and relevence.



Nameira Vanis-Tor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#402 - 2014-07-14 07:49:12 UTC
We like to give Winmatar attention because they are AWOXers and arrogant to boot. The Amarr are our enemies but there is the appreciation that they are a necessary evil (without them it would not be FW after all). Winmatar were one of us, and when the pendulum began to swing instead of fighting or accepting that the farmer hordes are a force of nature they declared themselves the only true militia and turned on their brothers and sisters. They will wear the stains of thier dishonour for as long as they exist...at least the Amarr are 'honest' enemies.

Keep an eye on them Amarr, fair weather friends and all that.

"Never trust a traitor Pietr, even one you create." Baron Harkonnen
Super Chair
Project Cerberus
Templis CALSF
#403 - 2014-07-14 07:54:24 UTC
Winmatar are pretty fun to fly with. Very entertaining on comms when there's nothing to fight Big smile
H3llenK3ller
Come Wod Swallow Pod 2
#404 - 2014-07-14 08:41:26 UTC  |  Edited by: H3llenK3ller
All I have to say is http://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/hodor-1024.png?w=1032

And thanks to everyone for the good fights and content. Has been really fun!
Loryanna
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#405 - 2014-07-14 09:50:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Loryanna
I couldn't give rats ass what Tier we're on. For me FW is a free war-deck against an ever-changing group of players whose only similarity is that they are drawn to fly for a race of Imperialists that would rather crush other life-forms than reach out to them. RP? Maybe. Maybe not. There've been a few Amarr players I've respected over the years, guys who see things from a perspective similar to mine (it's about the beautiful game, let's say gf and even have a chat about it) but for the most part there has been an odd correlation between the mythos of the Amarr and the players who end up there. Same for the Minnies - guys who end up making their home with us tend to be chilled free-thinking types (I guess you'd called them pinkos and commies?).

I digress. The point being the last time we did anything based upon flipping systems was when we hit Kamela 18 months ago. The last group other than farmers who pushed the Amarr system-wise were this group called WINMATAR. They were oh-so-very-proud of crushing you guys right back to just Sahtoghetto. We never wanted that; we like PVP and y'all having 1 system kinda screws that up. In fact if memory serves BIO started AWOXing people because they didn't feel like they were pulling their weight in their crusade to orbit buttons, flame in local and write up their self-important exploits. What am I saying, it's a match made in heaven. You can all orbit buttons for days on end together linking awful pictures of pointless things in local whilst offending anyone who hasn't discovered the 'block alliance' button.



Posturing aside, we just want goodfights Christine. That's it, end of. So keep it coming, last week was a blast.
Stalking Mantis
Brave Operations - Lollipop Division
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#406 - 2014-07-14 09:59:54 UTC
Loryanna wrote:
80%?! Hahaha! We were holding you steadily beneath 50% until FWeddit showed up. And I do believe they showed up late, if I recall a previous chat with you - and you weren't too happy about their tardiness either. No, I'll not be having these incessant lies - FWeddit crushing us while none of us were on was part of your plan from the start. Isolating time-zone weaknesses is how you work, I know this for a fact, and you would not have taken Arzad without them. Sure, we were defeated and I accept that but do your allies the favour of giving them credit where it's due. I wouldn't dream of saying that Huola stands unbent after a week of your so-called assault without the help of our allies.

See you in space, Dane


if that's a weak attempt at sowing dissent among the amarr I think everyone in Amarr read the whole history of the arzad campaign in the thread linked in my signature.

Amarr Liason Officer Extraordinare -->Check Out Amarrian Vengeance/Amarr FW History from 2011 to 2014 https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=352629&find=unread

Loryanna
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#407 - 2014-07-14 10:03:24 UTC
Dude that's the absolute truth. Take it or leave it, I really don't care.
Stalking Mantis
Brave Operations - Lollipop Division
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#408 - 2014-07-14 10:17:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Stalking Mantis
I don't think you Minmatar are giving Winmatar guys enough credit. Sure they were young and mistakes were made, hell we even laughed at their inexperience a few times in the Bosbogor campaign. But with this Huola Campaign I am watching them grow into something meaner, laener and a soon to be HUGE force to be reckoned with.

MANY Winmatar FC's are just soaking in the knowledge and tactics used by the smaller more experienced corps like AVNG and SWKS even the Caldari. And I for one am happy to see formal enemies become allies and change from a typical Minmatar fw corporation pvp (you know what i mean) to a solid Amarr doctrine pvp corporation. They just need time but my o my they are adapting and learning fast.

While I have been known to explode on them on comms from time to time Flying hotpocket has amazed me with the patience he shows in guiding suggesting and even sharing new doctrines with them. Many a pvper are happy to see what they are becoming. Superchair even donated something like three hundred ships with fittings to them if I'm not mistaken.

Bottom line is while you may be all sore about the civil war. I see a corporation that is adapting and learning different ways to pvp and the Patience needed to grind home systems and try new doctrines while all I see in the huola crowd are the same doctrines from 2010.

Props to the Gallente, you know, I know and everyone in huola knows if they didn't come in and change up styles a little bit (those kestrels and derptrons) huola would have fell in three days.

Amarr Liason Officer Extraordinare -->Check Out Amarrian Vengeance/Amarr FW History from 2011 to 2014 https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=352629&find=unread

Stalking Mantis
Brave Operations - Lollipop Division
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#409 - 2014-07-14 10:23:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Stalking Mantis
I think everyone, the Caldari, Gallente, Amarr and Minmatar should take a step back and see what is happening here in Huola. For the first time experiences and doctrines are being shared, petty infighting is being pushed aside and all out war is being waged in Huola.

I believe the CCP patch really fired up the pvp'ers to come back and not worry about chasing farmers all day, and without the need to chase farmers all day everyone is just focusing on pew pew pew.

I know for a fact everyone in huola is having a blast.

Amarr Liason Officer Extraordinare -->Check Out Amarrian Vengeance/Amarr FW History from 2011 to 2014 https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=352629&find=unread

Kary Franks
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#410 - 2014-07-14 10:52:49 UTC
Stalking Mantis wrote:
I don't think you Minmatar are giving Winmatar guys enough credit. Sure they were young and mistakes were made, hell we even laughed at their inexperience a few times in the Bosbogor campaign. But with this Huola Campaign I am watching them grow into something meaner, laener and a soon to be HUGE force to be reckoned with.

MANY Winmatar FC's are just soaking in the knowledge and tactics used by the smaller more experienced corps like AVNG and SWKS even the Caldari. And I for one am happy to see formal enemies become allies and change from a typical Minmatar fw corporation pvp (you know what i mean) to a solid Amarr doctrine pvp corporation. They just need time but my o my they are adapting and learning fast.

While I have been known to explode on them on comms from time to time Flying hotpocket has amazed me with the patience he shows in guiding suggesting and even sharing new doctrines with them. Many a pvper are happy to see what they are becoming. Superchair even donated something like three hundred ships with fittings to them if I'm not mistaken.


*plays training music from Rocky movies for the thread*
Loryanna
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#411 - 2014-07-14 12:03:14 UTC
I'll give you that, Mantis. Having the farmers no longer dictating the meta is a good thing indeed.
Major Trant
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#412 - 2014-07-14 12:30:45 UTC
Loryanna wrote:
...but for the most part there has been an odd correlation between the mythos of the amarr and the players who end up there.

Come on Lory, suggesting that people only join the amarr militia because they are some sort sick, megalomaniac type people into slavery, racism, fanatical religion and blood sacrifice, consistent with the amarr race is a silly association.

I do believe that a level of research and role play goes into most people's decision to join one of the militia. In the Minmatar case the underlying storyline of underdog to hero, against all odds, freedom fighters, wing and a prayer, ducktape, improvisation, versatility etc. etc. appeals to the people we see in our militia. Some take it more serious than others of course.

The amarr looked at the ships and went "Ooh Shinies!"
Master Sergeant MacRobert
Space-Brewery-Association
Local Is Primary
#413 - 2014-07-14 12:46:30 UTC
It is a shame that there is not an Amarrian EU TZ Core as from days of old. I know we're guilty of being part-timers at the moment. There is a will (no a need to fight) but RL > game.

FW does need a bit of repopulation in the Min / Amarr zone so that it is not EU vs US. That is what the correct changes to FW would bring, if only they'd think about the big picture and implement a good number of changes that precipitate growth in FW population.


FW is imbalanced (and does not really have the correct "draw") compared to other Eve activities.


One final thing I've remembered: Most wars for Eve Sov (null applies) have been won by not giving the enemy what they want.

"Remedy this situation or you shall live out the rest of your life in a pain amplifier"

Rahelis
Doomheim
#414 - 2014-07-14 12:52:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Rahelis
Week II starts with a nice head start of 27% as I logged in - work and training called in, so that was not to my credit.

Minigal command moved out - so now it is up to the prowess of the minies.

Minie hope rests on the russian player base now - taking some time for some long need farming gives us ample time for making easy push.

AVNG psycho war is working as intended.
Nameira Vanis-Tor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#415 - 2014-07-14 14:23:20 UTC
Rahelis wrote:
Week II starts with a nice head start of 27% as I logged in - work and training called in, so that was not to my credit.

Minigal command moved out - so now it is up to the prowess of the minies.

Minie hope rests on the russian player base now - taking some time for some long need farming gives us ample time for making easy push.

AVNG psycho war is working as intended.


Does letting the contested rate go up mean we get fights in the EU time zone again?
Anslo
Scope Works
#416 - 2014-07-14 14:37:28 UTC
Oh so it is contested again, eh?

Hold on, we'll fix that :)

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Flyinghotpocket
Doomheim
#417 - 2014-07-14 15:21:30 UTC
Loryanna wrote:
Take a long hard look at the killboards from back then, Roflpockets. During the Fall of Arzad we steam-rollered you in our timezone; it's there in green and red. This is a prime example of the Amarr re-writing history because if they can't win a war in space they'd better win it on the forums. FWeddit conquered Arzad whilst a mere 50 active EU pilots slept: this is fact. ]


Loryanna wrote:
80%?! Hahaha! We were holding you steadily beneath 50% until FWeddit showed up. And I do believe they showed up late, if I recall a previous chat with you - and you weren't too happy about their tardiness either. No, I'll not be having these incessant lies - FWeddit crushing us while none of us were on was part of your plan from the start. Isolating time-zone weaknesses is how you work, I know this for a fact, and you would not have taken Arzad without them. Sure, we were defeated and I accept that but do your allies the favour of giving them credit where it's due. I wouldn't dream of saying that Huola stands unbent after a week of your so-called assault without the help of our allies.

See you in space, Dane


Nah, let me lay you out the actual truth. You butchered us for 3 weeks. our alleged out of timezone plexing brought arzad up to 80% 3 seperate times and you guys brought it right back down to zero each time. Maybe you dont remember but the dust swings in arzad were massive allowing these huge swings in one timezone. We weren't taking arzad on our own. We knew we had to had to have somebody to crush you in the EU timezone to seal the deal.

And yeah the evidence is right there on your own killboard. When fweddit showed up, you fought them 3 times and then gave up. They crushed you in the EU tz, and when you couldnt pick your favorite 3 to 1 odds against us anymore you gave up. No we didnt like their tardiness, but they came nonetheless. We didnt win by out of timezone plexing we won because of fweddit making you go dockmatar in your own timezone.

GF sorry about arzad.

Amarr Militia Representative - A jar of nitro

Rajeet Achmar
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#418 - 2014-07-14 15:26:48 UTC
Super Chair wrote:
Winmatar are pretty fun to fly with. Very entertaining on comms when there's nothing to fight Big smile


I'm glad you enjoy it, I have to say we are the most non serious when there is no fight going on, every other alliance comms (save mabye test and brave) is always silent or boring as ****.

Loryanna
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#419 - 2014-07-14 16:43:40 UTC
So the night before Arzad fell we went to bed with the system on like 60% and after downtime the next day when I logged on it was 98% with 150 FWeddit in system. FWeddit plexed all night, dude - just like they had done the night before. And I'm sorry we never engaged them but 100+ Talwars isn't my idea of fun. Oh yeah and a certain null-sec group was helping FWeddit too, with both the DUST modifier and logistics. I see they stay out of all your various stories.

However you have come the closest to the truth of any Amarrian I have spoken to yet and that does warrant some respect. GF dude.
Rajeet Achmar
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#420 - 2014-07-14 16:55:07 UTC
This argument sounds like a fish story on loryannas standpoint, "you guys only had 40%" then "you guys only had 50%" then "you guys had 60%"

lol