These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

PLEX nearing 800m--thoughts?

First post
Author
Quinn Corvez
Perkone
Caldari State
#81 - 2014-07-11 09:12:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Quinn Corvez
... Falling subscriptions would indicate otherwise. Blink

I don't know if i call 850 million isk a "trivial" amount but being a wormhole dweller, you're right, i could earn the isk quite easily... It's just that I don't like PVE enough to dedicate the required time.
Mabego Tetrimon
Spiritus Draconis
#82 - 2014-07-11 09:14:04 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
the problem is, you're assuming people are going to unsub because they can't earn 27m per day. it's a trivially small sum.

nuff said, Plex 1 Billion, no time....
flakeys
Doomheim
#83 - 2014-07-11 09:16:31 UTC
Quinn Corvez wrote:
PLEX was a way for me to play the game for free. The current price is too high and i am not willing to spend all my time farming isk and therefore, I've unsubscribes my alt and this character will probably follow soon.

And this is exactly what i was saying before , it's not that people don't ahve other options then PLEX but people don't feel eve is worth any reall cash.

That's a free choice but it is ironic to complain about that .Hey CCP lower PLEX price because i think your game is not worth a penny is what it basically translates to.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

flakeys
Doomheim
#84 - 2014-07-11 09:20:18 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:

plex is still trivially easy to afford and i sincerely doubt it'll result in many unsubs, let alone enough for ccp to even notice it as anything other than usual player turnover.

Now on this i disagree , i am seeing a lot of friends going from X accounts to just 1 or 2 accounts and once we get passed the mighty 1B mark i am expecting a big drop in active accounts.

Only time will tell Lol.

Pine Marten
Doomheim
#85 - 2014-07-11 09:36:04 UTC
With how EASY it is to make isk in the billions, I fully expect plex to hit 2bil in 3 months.
Dave Stark
#86 - 2014-07-11 09:39:05 UTC
flakeys wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

plex is still trivially easy to afford and i sincerely doubt it'll result in many unsubs, let alone enough for ccp to even notice it as anything other than usual player turnover.

Now on this i disagree , i am seeing a lot of friends going from X accounts to just 1 or 2 accounts and once we get passed the mighty 1B mark i am expecting a big drop in active accounts.

Only time will tell Lol.

you and a small number of your friends isn't really a representative sample now is it? :P

i went from 3 accounts to 2 myself, about a year ago. in the month before odyssey (the last month my 3rd account was active) i earned enough cash to buy about 22 plex, at last week's prices. so in a month, i earned enough isk with 3 accounts to plex my remaining two, for almost a year (again, at today's prices). if i'd have been smart enough and dumped the isk in to plex once odyssey hit then i'd probably still be living on plexed accounts with change left over.

me dropping an account had nothing to do with plex prices, i simply ran out of useful things to do with a third account. like i say, those caught up in the "waaaa plex are too expensive", i don't think, will even be noticed in the tide of natural player turnover.

i really can't help but feel the "i'll unsub all of my accounts because plex is over x price" has as much substance as "gankers drive away new players", just sounds like the same **** with a different coloured bow.
Dave Stark
#87 - 2014-07-11 09:39:52 UTC
Pine Marten wrote:
With how EASY it is to make isk in the billions, I fully expect plex to hit 2bil in 3 months.

i'm sure it'll hit that much, but not that fast. i doubt ccp'd let it happen that fast.
Pine Marten
Doomheim
#88 - 2014-07-11 09:48:43 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Pine Marten wrote:

i'm sure it'll hit that much, but not that fast. i doubt ccp'd let it happen that fast.

There is no reason that they could intervene. I also have no idea how they would.

Isn't the market and setting prices yourself, emergent gameplay? market wars?
Ria Nieyli
Nieyli Enterprises
SL33PERS
#89 - 2014-07-11 09:49:07 UTC
The problem with unsubbing an alt would be that if there's a supply choke on the plex, it would literally not show up on the bottom line for CCP, since somebody else will use the plex that you didn't.
Dave Stark
#90 - 2014-07-11 09:52:15 UTC
Pine Marten wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Pine Marten wrote:

There is no reason that they could intervene. I also have no idea how they would.

this is plex we're talking about, ccp have said many times they have, and will, do their market wizardry if the price speed of the price change isn't to their liking.
Maru Niffilen
United Trading Organisation
#91 - 2014-07-11 10:00:11 UTC
I hope CCP doesn't intervene this time. The price should spike and spike and crash hard, otherwise it's easy to make money when CCP drops the price after every crazy "breakout" like now.
Dave Stark
#92 - 2014-07-11 10:02:57 UTC
according to eve-market's data, october 2011 was when it hit 400m/plex. (**** their graphs are horrible to get data from), it just hit 800 at the beginning of the week so that's july 2013. that's what, 32 months? that's only a 2.2% increase in plex prices every month.
Quinn Corvez
Perkone
Caldari State
#93 - 2014-07-11 10:04:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Quinn Corvez
Dave Stark wrote:
flakeys wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

Only time will tell Lol.

you and a small number of your friends isn't really a representative sample now is it? :P

i went from 3 accounts to 2 myself, about a year ago. in the month before odyssey (the last month my 3rd account was active) i earned enough cash to buy about 22 plex, at last week's prices..

Do you believe that you are a more accurate representation of the average player?

I don't even know why you're arguing with people. It's like a millionaire telling a trap on the street that he should just buy a house instead of living in that box.

Congratulations on being at the higher end of the food chain but all your statements don't change the fact that some people are being priced out of the plex market and as a result, some of those people choose to quit.
Maekchu
Doomheim
#94 - 2014-07-11 10:20:05 UTC
Quinn Corvez wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
flakeys wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

Only time will tell Lol.

i went from 3 accounts to 2 myself, about a year ago. in the month before odyssey (the last month my 3rd account was active) i earned enough cash to buy about 22 plex, at last week's prices..

Do you believe that you are a more accurate representation of the average player?

I don't even know why you're arguing with people. It's like a millionaire telling a trap on the street that he should just buy a house instead of living in that box.

Congratulations on being at the higher end of the food chain but all your statements don't change the fact that some people are being priced out of the plex market and as a result, some of those people choose to quit.

The market (as well as the PLEX market), is a PvP game. If you cannot compete with the big boys, don't blame your inability on CCP. Deal with it or adapt.

The PLEX was not made, so you can make a subscription game a F2P for little effort.

If you cannot afford spending the time grinding the ISK for PLEX, then make use of the subscription as any normal "casual" player. The sub fee is at a standard rate for an MMO, and if you cannot even afford that, then you probably should consider spending more time IRL making money, than playing a game.
Dave Stark
#95 - 2014-07-11 10:21:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Dave Stark
Quinn Corvez wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
flakeys wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

Only time will tell Lol.

not at all, i just thought i'd throw a random anecdote out there because i'm a narcissist. oh, also, i was mining. it just illustrates even doing **** activities, you can earn so much isk that plexing your accounts is trivial.

sure they might quit, but i bet more will quit just because of reasons. as has been pointed out, an account paid for with plex that stops getting plexed doesn't hurt ccp's bottom line. the plex has already been paid for by some one else, and will still be consumed somewhere.
in fact, with regard to ccp's bottom line, they probably love plex prices being high since RMTers have to work harder and are less profitable, more players are buying plex with irl cash because an extra hour at work is easier than a weekend grinding isk etc.

I'm just not entirely sure what all the "waaah, i'm going to unsub an alt" posts are trying to achieve.
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#96 - 2014-07-11 10:24:26 UTC
I just made my part.. bought 4 plex with the money I made in 1,5 hour work in real life and sold them for 830M isk. Now stop whining unless you start doing the same.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#97 - 2014-07-11 10:28:09 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
according to eve-market's data, october 2011 was when it hit 400m/plex. (**** their graphs are horrible to get data from), it just hit 800 at the beginning of the week so that's july 2013. that's what, 32 months? that's only a 2.2% increase in plex prices every month.

Well that ONLY.. is higher than the interest rate of even the most wacky 3rd world country loans and higher than the inflation of any real value comodities in the world.

Yes plexes are risign very very fast. No one can deny that. What people do nto realize is that nothign can be done unless you start inviting lots of rich peopel to play the game, people that will buy 40 PLEX on their secodn week in game to sell them in the market at the imediate sell price just so they can buy the ships they want.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#98 - 2014-07-11 10:29:42 UTC
Pine Marten wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Pine Marten wrote:

But the produciton of that item is OUTSIDE game.. so they can interfere. They can reduce $ price of plex for example.. but to that happen would need a really serious scenario.

flakeys
Doomheim
#99 - 2014-07-11 10:33:32 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
flakeys wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

Only time will tell Lol.

i went from 3 accounts to 2 myself, about a year ago. in the month before odyssey (the last month my 3rd account was active) i earned enough cash to buy about 22 plex, at last week's prices. so in a month, i earned enough isk with 3 accounts to plex my remaining two, for almost a year (again, at today's prices). if i'd have been smart enough and dumped the isk in to plex once odyssey hit then i'd probably still be living on plexed accounts with change left over.

me dropping an account had nothing to do with plex prices, i simply ran out of useful things to do with a third account. like i say, those caught up in the "waaaa plex are too expensive", i don't think, will even be noticed in the tide of natural player turnover.

i really can't help but feel the "i'll unsub all of my accounts because plex is over x price" has as much substance as "gankers drive away new players", just sounds like the same **** with a different coloured bow.

The problem is you keep looking at it from a point of 'Can you achieve X amount in X time' but at a certain point it is a matter of 'Is it worth to achieve X amount in x time ' wich is completely different and i feel that the 1 B mark will be the point where to a lot of people it just is not worth it.

I could sub all my 5 accounts with ease for years and years to come on plex , but i don' t feel it is worth it and as such am working with 2 accounts now.At a certain point people who have a lot less in their wallet will feel this way about their 2nd and in some cases their only account.

At least that is my assumption and as said only time will tell.

Quinn Corvez
Perkone
Caldari State
#100 - 2014-07-11 10:36:19 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:

I'm just not entirely sure what all the "waaah, i'm going to unsub an alt" posts are trying to achieve.

Maybe you shouldn't look at it as "whining" but merely the expression of an opinion. Then you might be able see both sides without feeling like you have to defend your playstyle/life choices and discount anyone that has an opinion different to your own.

I've expressed my views clearly and honestly and have nothing more to contribute to this thread. Goodby o/