These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

Procurers too OP

First post
Author
Bayonnefrog
Blueprint Mania
#21 - 2014-07-03 13:50:39 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Staten Island wrote:
Just would like to first note that I originally posted this in General Discussion. The ISD closed that thread stating that it belonged in C&P because of the KM. I'm sorry and I did not know that. I also do not understand why the ISD considered it to be a rant. I merely stated that the procurer has become too powerful due to the last two balance passes that CCP has given it and made constructive suggestions to correct it. I used this KM] to illustrate the problem posed by weaponized procurers.

As you can see, procurers have become way too powerful and the current situation is not balanced at all. If you believe as I do, that procurers need a nerf to bring them back into mining barge pecking order, please voice your support. Also if you could voice any suggestions that you might have as to how fix the procurer it would be appreciated. My own suggestion of reducing the bandwidth so that only one medium drone could be flown does not seem to be as practicable as I first thought.


lolz, cry me a river
Staten Island
Diversity 101
Domain Research and Mining Inst.
#22 - 2014-07-03 16:03:07 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Bayonnefrog wrote:
Staten Island wrote:
Just would like to first note that I originally posted this in General Discussion. The ISD closed that thread stating that it belonged in C&P because of the KM. I'm sorry and I did not know that. I also do not understand why the ISD considered it to be a rant. I merely stated that the procurer has become too powerful due to the last two balance passes that CCP has given it and made constructive suggestions to correct it. I used this KM to illustrate the problem posed by weaponized procurers.

As you can see, procurers have become way too powerful and the current situation is not balanced at all. If you believe as I do, that procurers need a nerf to bring them back into mining barge pecking order, please voice your support. Also if you could voice any suggestions that you might have as to how fix the procurer it would be appreciated. My own suggestion of reducing the bandwidth so that only one medium drone could be flown does not seem to be as practicable as I first thought.


lolz, cry me a river


Long ago in the deepest depths of time it was ordained by CCP that there was to be the great rendering known as tiericide (all praise CCP). Every ship would have its place or role in the hierarchy of ships created by the almighty CCP, and that no ship could aspire to anything but its role (so sayeth CCP).

Does the flea kill the dog? Does the zebra the lion? The procurer is a 10mil isk ship who's role is to promote the peaceful pursuit of industry. Sure, it requires some measure of defense to ward off those dastardly belt pirates, but it is a clear violation of the tenets of the great rendering known as tiericide to allow the procurer to aspire to be something that it is not, a weapon of war, and not just any weapon of war but a cloaked assassin. It is a fundamental violation of tiericide for a procurer to be able to assassinate the killer whale of the icebelts, the Orca.

And if we allow the procurer to be weaponized this will be just the tip of the iceberg, soon we will have prospectors, badgers, ventures all seeking to slip out of the constraints of their roles to become something that they are not. The mighty efforts of CCP in the great tiericide will have been for naught as the roles collapse and all ships are rendered one.
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#23 - 2014-07-03 16:21:44 UTC
I am now certain this is a troll.

Final rating: 7/10

Final determination: Would read other threads by OP.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Maichin Civire
#24 - 2014-07-03 16:24:54 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Staten Island wrote:
Bayonnefrog wrote:
Staten Island wrote:
Just would like to first note that I originally posted this in General Discussion. The ISD closed that thread stating that it belonged in C&P because of the KM. I'm sorry and I did not know that. I also do not understand why the ISD considered it to be a rant. I merely stated that the procurer has become too powerful due to the last two balance passes that CCP has given it and made constructive suggestions to correct it. I used this KM to illustrate the problem posed by weaponized procurers.

As you can see, procurers have become way too powerful and the current situation is not balanced at all. If you believe as I do, that procurers need a nerf to bring them back into mining barge pecking order, please voice your support. Also if you could voice any suggestions that you might have as to how fix the procurer it would be appreciated. My own suggestion of reducing the bandwidth so that only one medium drone could be flown does not seem to be as practicable as I first thought.


lolz, cry me a river


Long ago in the deepest depths of time it was ordained by CCP that there was to be the great rendering known as tiericide (all praise CCP). Every ship would have its place or role in the hierarchy of ships created by the almighty CCP, and that no ship could aspire to anything but its role (so sayeth CCP).

Does the flea kill the dog? Does the zebra the lion? The procurer is a 10mil isk ship who's role is to promote the peaceful pursuit of industry. Sure, it requires some measure of defense to ward off those dastardly belt pirates, but it is a clear violation of the tenets of the great rendering known as tiericide to allow the procurer to aspire to be something that it is not, a weapon of war, and not just any weapon of war but a cloaked assassin. It is a fundamental violation of tiericide for a procurer to be able to assassinate the killer whale of the icebelts, the Orca.

And if we allow the procurer to be weaponized this will be just the tip of the iceberg, soon we will have prospectors, badgers, ventures all seeking to slip out of the constraints of their roles to become something that they are not. The mighty efforts of CCP in the great tiericide will have been for naught as the roles collapse and all ships are rendered one.

Dude, are you gevlon goblin undercover? If not, you'd pass great together.

You can't look at the ship price as a measure for it efficiency; as it was told many times, 500k frig can kill 700m faction battleship. What then, are you going to cry that frigs are too OP and CCP need to nerf them? Your argumentation that Orca is "killer whale" (BTW, wtf is that? Killer whale?) is completely pointless. Here, let me quote you describing of Orca:

Quote:
The Orca was developed as a joint venture between Outer Ring Excavations and Deep Core Mining Inc as a vessel to help meet the demands of New Eden's industry and provide a flexible platform from which mining operations can be more easily managed.


There isn't anything about killing, defending, or hierarchy. Orca is command vessel for mining operations. That's it, end of story. You can't change it. If you want killing ship, get into command battlecruiser. It's the same role, but with small difference - Orca gives you boost to mining, command battlecruiser gives you boost to tank/dps/sig/whatever.

This is EVE, this is sandbox. It isn't themepark, where you can't use sword on your archer-class dwarf, because dev won't allow you to. You want to fit your carrier with meta0 small projectiles? Carry on, we'll laugh over your KM.

BTW, following your logic, aren't titans the most powerful things in universe and in following cannot be destroyed?

EDIT and no. If I want to have a gun on my Procurer, I'll have. And you can't force me to remove it, as long as I can fit it. Also... isn't it against your logic?
Rapala Armiron
Arton Yachting and Angling Club
Domain Research and Mining Inst.
#25 - 2014-07-03 16:27:07 UTC
I understand that the People of CAMI ("Capsuleers Against the Misuse of Industrials") have for some reason or other latched on to my kill as support for their campaign to keep Industrial ships within the confines of their roles. I do not support this.

The history of all hitherto existing mining society is the history of class struggles.

Freeman and slave, patrician and plebeian, Orca pilot, and procurer, in a word, oppressor and oppressed, stood in constant opposition to one another, carried on an uninterrupted, now hidden, now open fight, a fight that each time ended, either in a revolutionary reconstitution of society at large, or in the common ruin of the contending classes.

For too long have the Orca's dominated the icebelts, seeking to enforce their will onto the lowly ice miners. I for one am happy that CCP has given unto the procurer abilities beyond its role. Sure it has made the procurer OP, but it has allowed procurer to be the sharp end of the spear that points to freedom.

P.S. The orca in the KM had drones, its just that they were woefully not up to the task of defeating my 3 drones of death.
Maichin Civire
#26 - 2014-07-03 16:28:56 UTC
Rapala Armiron wrote:
I understand that the People of CAMI ("Capsuleers Against the Misuse of Industrials") have for some reason or other latched on to my kill as support for their campaign to keep Industrial ships within the confines of their roles. I do not support this.

The history of all hitherto existing mining society is the history of class struggles.

Freeman and slave, patrician and plebeian, Orca pilot, and procurer, in a word, oppressor and oppressed, stood in constant opposition to one another, carried on an uninterrupted, now hidden, now open fight, a fight that each time ended, either in a revolutionary reconstitution of society at large, or in the common ruin of the contending classes.

For too long have the Orca's dominated the icebelts, seeking to enforce their will onto the lowly ice miners. I for one am happy that CCP has given unto the procurer abilities beyond its role. Sure it has made the procurer OP, but it has allowed procurer to be the sharp end of the spear that points to freedom.

P.S. The orca in the KM had drones, its just that they were woefully not up to the task of defeating my 3 drones of death.

Nice kill! What's the story behind it, can you explain it to us?
Staten Island
Diversity 101
Domain Research and Mining Inst.
#27 - 2014-07-03 16:40:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Staten Island
Maichin Civire wrote:
[quote=Staten Island][quote=Bayonnefrog][

" (BTW, wtf is that? Killer whale?) is completely pointless. Here, let me quote you describing of Orca:


Respectfully sir, your ignorance is appalling. This is a Killer whale, the mighty Orca. is it your argument that CCP just choose the name orca for the mightiest ship in the ice belt by happenstance? No, sir, there is no such thing as coincidence. Orcas were named by CCP because their traits match that of their real world counterparts. Just as orcas of the deep smack dolphins around daily so do orcas of the ice belts put procurers in their place.

And dont compare bananas to hand-grenades. Titans are weapons of war, where as procurers are ships of industry, they each have their role. And as for eve being a sandbox - I dont know what you mean. CCP tells you what role your ship is, which dictates how you fit it, which dictates how you fly it. Free will is illusory.
Rapala Armiron
Arton Yachting and Angling Club
Domain Research and Mining Inst.
#28 - 2014-07-03 16:57:27 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Maichin Civire wrote:
Rapala Armiron wrote:
I understand that the People of CAMI ("Capsuleers Against the Misuse of Industrials") have for some reason or other latched on to my kill as support for their campaign to keep Industrial ships within the confines of their roles. I do not support this.

The history of all hitherto existing mining society is the history of class struggles.

Freeman and slave, patrician and plebeian, Orca pilot, and procurer, in a word, oppressor and oppressed, stood in constant opposition to one another, carried on an uninterrupted, now hidden, now open fight, a fight that each time ended, either in a revolutionary reconstitution of society at large, or in the common ruin of the contending classes.

For too long have the Orca's dominated the icebelts, seeking to enforce their will onto the lowly ice miners. I for one am happy that CCP has given unto the procurer abilities beyond its role. Sure it has made the procurer OP, but it has allowed procurer to be the sharp end of the spear that points to freedom.

P.S. The orca in the KM had drones, its just that they were woefully not up to the task of defeating my 3 drones of death.

Nice kill! What's the story behind it, can you explain it to us?


Well Vol posted the story in the other thread. I dont know how to quote from other threads so i'll just cut and paste:

Ok. Well . . . the procurer pilot is a friend of mine and he told me that he was happily mining away, when for some reason or other he decided take from a wreak that had been sitting there a while. Why he did this, who knows? Perhaps, it was the sleep deprivation from sitting in an ice belt all day. Anyways, shortly thereafter, another friend thought it would be funny to point and shoot him in a battle badger, so he started shooting back.

As these two friends are screwing around and amusing themselves, about 2/3 of the miners in the belt (he says like 10-15 ships including the orca) decided to unload on the procurer. Apparently, these miners are very organized and have hidden channels of communication that allow them to coordinate. Fortunately, this procurer was not your usual procurer but rather a mining barge of flaming death. The procurer, being very op, was able to shake off the incoming dps from the many barges while simultaneously mine ice and point and web the orca. Why does a procurer need a point and web? Well, according to my friend, its so the belt rats dont get away. Anyways, the various barges after a considerable time decided that they could not break this procurer and gave up leaving the orca to its fate. A very few of these barge pilots switched to combat ships but it was no good, they also couldnt break this procurer, even though two of them made the ultimate sacrifice to concord.


*snip* Posting of kill reports outside of the Crime & Punishment forum channel is prohibited. ISD Ezwal.

Despite my friends request to the orca pilot that this matter be resolved amicably without further violence, the orca pilot decided to bring in a guardian for reps. Strangely though, the guardian did not notice the Lachesis that was sitting off the orca giving it a friendly nudge every now and then.

*snip* Posting of kill reports outside of the Crime & Punishment forum channel is prohibited. ISD Ezwal.

With the guardian gone, the massive dps of the procurer of doom would not be denied. All of the orca's drones were killed and its fate was sealed, proving once and for all the procurer is true big fish of the mining belts.

On a related note: is this a harbinger of the end for Nulli Secunda?!?!

* * *
That is mostly true. Although it was more like 7 barges in addition to the orca on me at first. I was able to tank them until my suspect timer ran out. Then for some reason they started suiciding ships one by one on me. Finally, they brought in that guardian. I guess they dont teach Nulli Secunda guys what a lachesis is.

Edit: Just a small edit - I did ice mine while shooting the orca - at least until the ore hold filled up.

Second Edit: Total damage to Nulli Secunda was about 900mil isk from the orca, the guardian and the two ships they suicided. Now that's going to take a lot of ice to replace.
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#29 - 2014-07-03 17:01:04 UTC
Troll rating: Upgraded to 9/10

Reason: People still biting

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Amro One
One.
#30 - 2014-07-04 02:09:38 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
The true story from those cloaked on grid from "One."

Ice Belts are hostile places. With the nullified knowledge of CODE. ganking you and local pirates.
Sometimes the local miners offer up wrecks and do not make them blue.

I in my hauler, was salvaging the belts wrecks with my MTU, when all of a sudden this procurer was barreling down on me with 5 angry hobs. Being a veteran and all. I know the signs of "ICE MINING CRAZINESS" and he had it in his strip miner.
So I scooped the MTU, it's worth more then the loot in it which was jettisoned and awaited the wrath of this crazed miner

But what right hauler does not fit his badger for battle, so I eagerly awaited are duet of 1v1 indy PVP. After the slow waltz of long locking timers we started are rumba. The "Rapala's" Procurer and my hauler. With out warning, like PL hot dropping a titan, the procurer I was slowly killing and tackled. Was betrothed by some 5 skiffs, their Orca overlord and their army of drone minions

This was not the fate I wanted, so me and my corp buddy warped off to leave are heroic Procurer pilot to the zergling onslaught that was going on in the belt. We quickly switched to are trusty & Rusty T1 PVP Scythes and warped back to the belt to save what ever soul was left from the onset of this bloodbath.

When we landed in the belt, are heroic procurer pilot had no choice but to kill the skiffs Overlord, The Orca, it was his only chance to survive. In his last percentages of shields he indulged his last bit of capacitor on pointing the Orca.

This is what EPIC stories are made up of and we wanted to be part of it. From the near clench of death we repped the dieing Procurer to health and hunkered down for a long night of wave after wave of drone minions.

As we the Scyths of "ONE." repped the Heroic procurer of "Rapala Armiron" are suspect timer kept resetting as we dashed to repped the drones assaulting the life of the Orca. It was not long till "Rapala's" Procerer was no longer a suspect and free to finish the grudge with the Orca Overload. Drones shields danced the dance of death and docking tango. One out of the 2 "One." Scythes was no longer a suspect when a stupid jihad decided to attack us.

*snip* Posting of kill reports outside of the Crime & Punishment forum channel is prohibited. ISD Ezwal.

After a swift death from Concord, he was enlightened to find out are Scythes are resistance to such fools. With are new threat at just a gate jump away. "One."s Scythes stayed on field to see "Rapala's" Procerur prevail over the Orca Overlord who skiffs have abandon him to kept mining with drones returned.

Are Hero Procurer was suddenly greeted to the Orcas armor regenerated, but with no depot or refit how was this? A guardian, Ironically, showed up to help the Orca pilot who foolishly had no ECM drones. It seems the Overlord had to ***** for help for his stupidity. Two can play this game, actually "One." my corp can. As one Scythe stayed another reshipped to scare off the guardian with his long arm Lachesis point.

Well Amro undocked in the Lachesis, Layos in the Scyth on grid, noticed the guardian was landing always at 50km from different celestial objects to the Orca to do spurts of reps before warping off against. With a fleet invite and a warp to are hero, "Rapala's", Procurer. I land at 0m to the Orca and wait, watching the the return of the guardian to show on D-scan. Biggest 46 km "warp to" of that guardians life. With MWD and warp disruptor overheating, the guardian was now caught for his foolish attempts.

*snip* Posting of kill reports outside of the Crime & Punishment forum channel is prohibited. ISD Ezwal.

By this time, it came to are attention that these are members of a local low sec Alliance based in Kheram, Nulli Secundas.

With their guardian down and the Orca who fitted a "Damage Control II" & "Bulkhead II" was now at 50% structure.
But this did not stop are Procurer from chugging onm as others died around him. We thought for sure the Horn of Gondor was blow for the aid of this Orca and revenge of the Guardian. But with the last few mins of the remaining "One." Scythe suspect timer coming to a end. The horn was answered and the Sheriff showed up, A Police Navy Comet, well a rent a cop because Concord was already present in the belt.

Like Robin Hood, people always try to take the law into their own hands, Yet Robin Hood always comes out on top.

*snip* Posting of kill reports outside of the Crime & Punishment forum channel is prohibited. ISD Ezwal.

After 50 mins of frantic Heroic deeds of Honor, the Overlord Orca dies to the courageous fortitude of this poor Procurer Ice miner "Rapala"

*snip* Posting of kill reports outside of the Crime & Punishment forum channel is prohibited. ISD Ezwal.






Arton needs its Sacrifices's
Ocean Ormand
Bagel and Lox
#31 - 2014-07-04 14:56:23 UTC
I agree with the op. The procurer is simply the best mining ship in the game. Best yield for the isk. Best tank. And now its got the best combat ability. I mean really, how can it be the best mining ship and still be able to put out all that dps. Simply no way it should be able to do both. Its not balanced. No way a 10 mil isk ship should be able to kill a 600mil ship, while mining at the same time.
Amro One
One.
#32 - 2014-07-04 15:01:58 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Ocean Ormand wrote:
I agree with the op. The procurer is simply the best mining ship in the game. Best yield for the isk. Best tank. And now its got the best combat ability. I mean really, how can it be the best mining ship and still be able to put out all that dps. Simply no way it should be able to do both. Its not balanced. No way a 10 mil isk ship should be able to kill a 600mil ship, while mining at the same time.


In this vast yonder of space, there is a more feared industrial ship that is said to be rumored.
It is tiny but cast fear to whom ever sets eyes on it. This be said, the Procurer dreams of this.

It ventures far and wide scanning and devouring gas and rare minerals that tickles its fancy.
Beware not to startle it or you shall wish the kill mail is never revealed to the gods.

*snip* Posting of kill reports outside of the Crime & Punishment forum channel is prohibited. ISD Ezwal.

And beware when there is more then just one, they attack like gremlins.

*snip* Posting of kill reports outside of the Crime & Punishment forum channel is prohibited. ISD Ezwal.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#33 - 2014-07-04 19:30:47 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
[quote=Amro One]In this vast yonder of space, there is a more feared industrial ship that is said to be rumored.
It is tiny but cast fear to whom ever sets eyes on it. This be said, the Procurer dreams of this.

It ventures far and wide scanning and devouring gas and rare minerals that tickles its fancy.
Beware not to startle it or you shall wish the kill mail is never revealed to the gods.

*snip* Posting of kill reports outside of the Crime & Punishment forum channel is prohibited. ISD Ezwal.

And beware when there is more then just one, they attack like gremlins.

*snip* Posting of kill reports outside of the Crime & Punishment forum channel is prohibited. ISD Ezwal.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Amro One
One.
#34 - 2014-07-05 01:09:23 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
[quote=Amro One]In this vast yonder of space, there is a more feared industrial ship that is said to be rumored.
It is tiny but cast fear to whom ever sets eyes on it. This be said, the Procurer dreams of this.

It ventures far and wide scanning and devouring gas and rare minerals that tickles its fancy.
Beware not to startle it or you shall wish the kill mail is never revealed to the gods.

*snip* Posting of kill reports outside of the Crime & Punishment forum channel is prohibited. ISD Ezwal.

And beware when there is more then just one, they attack like gremlins.

*snip* Posting of kill reports outside of the Crime & Punishment forum channel is prohibited. ISD Ezwal..



*snip* Posting of kill reports outside of the Crime & Punishment forum channel is prohibited. ISD Ezwal.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#35 - 2014-07-05 04:42:38 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Staten Island wrote:
Bayonnefrog wrote:
Staten Island wrote:
Just would like to first note that I originally posted this in General Discussion. The ISD closed that thread stating that it belonged in C&P because of the KM. I'm sorry and I did not know that. I also do not understand why the ISD considered it to be a rant. I merely stated that the procurer has become too powerful due to the last two balance passes that CCP has given it and made constructive suggestions to correct it. I used this KM to illustrate the problem posed by weaponized procurers.

As you can see, procurers have become way too powerful and the current situation is not balanced at all. If you believe as I do, that procurers need a nerf to bring them back into mining barge pecking order, please voice your support. Also if you could voice any suggestions that you might have as to how fix the procurer it would be appreciated. My own suggestion of reducing the bandwidth so that only one medium drone could be flown does not seem to be as practicable as I first thought.


lolz, cry me a river


Long ago in the deepest depths of time it was ordained by CCP that there was to be the great rendering known as tiericide (all praise CCP). Every ship would have its place or role in the hierarchy of ships created by the almighty CCP, and that no ship could aspire to anything but its role (so sayeth CCP).

Does the flea kill the dog? Does the zebra the lion? The procurer is a 10mil isk ship who's role is to promote the peaceful pursuit of industry. Sure, it requires some measure of defense to ward off those dastardly belt pirates, but it is a clear violation of the tenets of the great rendering known as tiericide to allow the procurer to aspire to be something that it is not, a weapon of war, and not just any weapon of war but a cloaked assassin. It is a fundamental violation of tiericide for a procurer to be able to assassinate the killer whale of the icebelts, the Orca.

And if we allow the procurer to be weaponized this will be just the tip of the iceberg, soon we will have prospectors, badgers, ventures all seeking to slip out of the constraints of their roles to become something that they are not. The mighty efforts of CCP in the great tiericide will have been for naught as the roles collapse and all ships are rendered one.


Then miners got upset about suicide ganks & provided us with a hilarious new tool to kill them with. Be careful what you wish for.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Arec Bardwin
#36 - 2014-07-05 12:15:08 UTC
Staten Island wrote:

I would just like to say that I was not the orca pilot. It is just my firm belief that procurers are intended by lore and design to be peaceful tools of industry, not weaponized barges of death. To borrow another players analogy, Procurers are like the dolphins of the ice belts, there is no way one of them should be able to kill a killer whale, i.e. an orca. Its a full on immersion break.


Staten Island wrote:

You are thinking about this all wrong. The orca in rl is the mightiest fish in the sea. It is the killer whale. It swims around in peace, knowing that it is the top predator and that nothing can touch it. Surely CCP named the orca spaceship after its rl counterpart because of its natural traits. Now here comes a friendly dolphin but instead of acknowledging the orca's rightful place as king of the ice belt it murders it in its face. It is totally immersion breaking. And just to prove the natural superiority of the orca here is a link that was provided by another user Orca King Fish.

By allowing the procurer to become an offensive weapon of death, CCP has upset the natural order of the ice belt.

This is a troll, or you are incredibly thick and giddy. Had me chuckling there though.
Concord Guy's Cousin
Doomheim
#37 - 2014-07-05 12:29:41 UTC
Arec Bardwin wrote:
Staten Island wrote:

I would just like to say that I was not the orca pilot. It is just my firm belief that procurers are intended by lore and design to be peaceful tools of industry, not weaponized barges of death. To borrow another players analogy, Procurers are like the dolphins of the ice belts, there is no way one of them should be able to kill a killer whale, i.e. an orca. Its a full on immersion break.


Staten Island wrote:

You are thinking about this all wrong. The orca in rl is the mightiest fish in the sea. It is the killer whale. It swims around in peace, knowing that it is the top predator and that nothing can touch it. Surely CCP named the orca spaceship after its rl counterpart because of its natural traits. Now here comes a friendly dolphin but instead of acknowledging the orca's rightful place as king of the ice belt it murders it in its face. It is totally immersion breaking. And just to prove the natural superiority of the orca here is a link that was provided by another user Orca King Fish.

By allowing the procurer to become an offensive weapon of death, CCP has upset the natural order of the ice belt.

This is a troll, or you are incredibly thick and giddy. Had me chuckling there though.
Why not both?

ISD LackOfFaith ~ "Your Catalyst was a hamster, and your Retriever smelt of elderberries"

NPC Forum Alt, because reasons.

Komi Toran
Perkone
Caldari State
#38 - 2014-07-05 15:42:46 UTC
Staten Island wrote:
To borrow another players analogy, Procurers are like the dolphins of the ice belts...

...they will try to **** you and play football with your corpse. Don't mess with them.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#39 - 2014-07-05 19:40:06 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
As this thread starts with the OP discussing forum moderation, it gets a lock.

However, upon further reviewing the original thread in GD I have decided to over rule the lieutenant, re-open that one and move it to Ships & Modules. After having deleted all killmail links of course.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Previous page12