These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Has suicide ganking become a problem? Empty freighters being ganked.

First post First post First post
Author
Adunh Slavy
#601 - 2014-06-19 23:01:20 UTC
If this is true, empty freighters being ganked, then it shows there is a significant imbalance.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

Ukucia
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#602 - 2014-06-19 23:06:33 UTC
Kalon Horan wrote:

And it still does not change what i am saying. I do not wan´t to force anyone to grab a combat ship, it is everyone´s own decision to do whatever they want to do. But if they are not willing to shape the sandbox to their liking, imo they have no right to complain about the situation.

Thus, they have to go grab a combat ship.

You're saying, "If you don't like it, you have to go play this way". Otherwise, they're not shaping the sandbox.

My point is if you want to argue they shouldn't force others to play differently, you shouldn't be pushing for them to play differently.

Quote:
And being a miner is a pretty weak argument.

Good thing that wasn't my argument.

Quote:
Not doing it and complaining quite simply only has a single motive: "WAAAAAAHHHH I want to make ISK"...

Probably should actually read the second part of the post. Limited, child-interrupted playtime means fewer options. Doesn't mean the game must be changed, it means fewer options available to respond.
Tilly Delnero
Doomheim
#603 - 2014-06-19 23:06:44 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Some men just want to watch the world burn.

There's space for us all in New Eden.

Some men just want to watch the malls burn.

There's space for them all in San Quentin.

The bill for my now coffee-filled keyboard and monitor will be in the mail, k? Big smile
KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#604 - 2014-06-19 23:07:53 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
KIller Wabbit wrote:
Don't remember Concord Summoning being declared an exploit by CCP. Anyone have the link to it being announced?

Pics or it didn't happen seems to apply here.


The fact that a good many were banned for doing it tells us its true.

Anyone with half a brain can see how spawning an invincible npc fleet that will lock down and wipe out anything isn't an intended mechanic. Protection is provided by players, not npc fleets.



There are several half brain bullshit things that happen in EVE that CCP allows.... freighter bumping out of the range of gate guns are just one of them.

So - proof or bullshit.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#605 - 2014-06-19 23:08:25 UTC
Ukucia wrote:

If it's the solution you're pushing, it is. You're saying they should go play your way. Just like the "carebear" demanding gankers go do something else is saying you should play their way.


No, it's not, lol.

Carebears cry all the time about how they want to get back at gankers. Telling them the way to do it is not forcing them to do anything. It's just answering an open aired question. Granted it's just like a carebear to cry about getting the answer they wanted, but still.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#606 - 2014-06-19 23:09:23 UTC
Adunh Slavy wrote:
If this is true, empty freighters being ganked, then it shows there is a significant imbalance.

It is true, but I'm not sure how it can be considered an imbalance. If the ships are destructible there should be and are balanced ways to destroy them.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#607 - 2014-06-19 23:11:59 UTC
Ukucia wrote:

Thus, they have to go grab a combat ship.

You're saying, "If you don't like it, you have to go play this way". Otherwise, they're not shaping the sandbox.

My point is if you want to argue they shouldn't force others to play differently, you shouldn't be pushing for them to play differently.



For crying out loud, knock off this narrative. It just makes you look stupid.

Miners have been trying to get the gankers' playstyle banned or legislated out of existence for years. The miners literally are trying to force people to play a certain way.

Meanwhile, when they cry about wanting to get back at gankers, they get told that if you want to get back at them, just shoot them.

And somehow, that is too hard. Are you kidding me? It's too hard to actually just do what you lot constantly, incessantly claim that you want?

**** it, you're all a lost cause then. Do you even wonder why people treat you like nothing better than destructible terrain?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#608 - 2014-06-19 23:15:01 UTC
Kerrat Braban wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Noragli wrote:


I personally don't care if changes are made to fix this or not. It doesn't affect me directly, I do not use frieghters or other high value ships. This is just an observation I made, a line was crossed when they started targetting empty ships just for the sake of it. Is it time for change?
How funny is it when someone hides behind an 3 month of npc corp alt just to pretend that don't actually support something that's the took the time to post about?

Funny as in sad and weak that is.

So many people have so much to say on both sides of the argument resulting in an interesting read and a personal attack on the OP is the best you can muster?


There is no personal attack in that statement.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Solecist Project
#609 - 2014-06-19 23:15:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Solecist Project
Ukucia wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Ukucia wrote:

First, many of the folks who are playing the mining/shipping side of the game instead of the PvP game aren't particularly interested in the PvP side of the game. Arguments like "Go get a ship and blow them up" or "why don't they all stop hiding in the station and kill the gankers" are problematic in that they're forcing gameplay choices on the miners/shippers.


It's not forcing gameplay on anyone. It's just pointing out the route you need to take if you want to do what so many of you claim you want to do. If you want to get back at gankers, go shoot them. Otherwise, keep right on being a sheep.


If it's the solution you're pushing, it is. You're saying they should go play your way. Just like the "carebear" demanding gankers go do something else is saying you should play their way.
Nooooononononono he doesn't.

What he does is telling you how to play the game properly.

It's not "his way". It's how the game works.


There is no "PvE" way of playing EVE. There's also no "PvP" way of playing EVE.
This is just a typically human andd absolutely stupid way of thinking about things.

EVE is a game that works, because it is based on the concept of player vs. player interaction.

You may be able to play with reduced contact to others,
but you can not expect this as a right for how you want to play.


When people tell you to defend yourself, it is because they want you to defend yourself.
If you don't want to do that, you will get your ass kicked, because that's how the game works.


People are daft, see? When they say "It's a sandbox I play how I want" they often ignore that this
applies to everybody else and that interaction is something one can not always opt out of.


The ideas of "mission running" playstyles and "mining playstyles" are disconnected from actual reality.
People play a game. They play it in whatever way they want, yes,
but EVE transcends this, forcing people into reality bubbles they might not want to be in.


That's how it works.



So ... again.

Nobody is forcing you to do anything. People who use this "argument" don't realize that their POV simply
is distorted, because of all these lesser gamers out there, or because you somehow believe that "PvP"
has something to do with a playstyle.

It hasn't. People are just daft and use words and acronyms incorrectly,
while not even understand them properly.



Hope I helped.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#610 - 2014-06-19 23:19:13 UTC
Didn't freighters get some lowslots recently that gives them the ability to field a pretty nasty tank? I also recall some mining barges getting some combat buffs.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#611 - 2014-06-19 23:23:16 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Didn't freighters get some lowslots recently that gives them the ability to field a pretty nasty tank? I also recall some mining barges getting some combat buffs.


James 315 put it well.

"just one more nerf", over and over again. They'll never stop until highsec is Trammel and the game is ruined. They are the literal enemy of everyone who actually loves EVE.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Solecist Project
#612 - 2014-06-19 23:24:42 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Didn't freighters get some lowslots recently that gives them the ability to field a pretty nasty tank? I also recall some mining barges getting some combat buffs.


James 315 put it well.

"just one more nerf", over and over again. They'll never stop until highsec is Trammel and the game is ruined. They are the literal enemy of everyone who actually loves EVE.

You have to put this into a proper perspective.


What do you expect CCP to do? Nothing?

It doesn't work that way and you know that.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#613 - 2014-06-19 23:24:58 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Didn't freighters get some lowslots recently that gives them the ability to field a pretty nasty tank? I also recall some mining barges getting some combat buffs.


James 315 put it well.

"just one more nerf", over and over again. They'll never stop until highsec is Trammel and the game is ruined. They are the literal enemy of everyone who actually loves EVE.


We knew this years ago, James isn't saying anything that hasn't already been said by others.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#614 - 2014-06-19 23:26:26 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
You have to put this into a proper perspective.


What do you expect CCP to do? Nothing?

It doesn't work that way and you know that.


It's interesting because CCP has given miners & such more & more options over the years & to this day they still do not utilise them.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
Transgress
#615 - 2014-06-19 23:26:49 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Didn't freighters get some lowslots recently that gives them the ability to field a pretty nasty tank? I also recall some mining barges getting some combat buffs.

I know, this thread ,Now, makes about as much sense as this does.
I don't get how now that you have additional versatility in the class its all of a sudden more vulnerable .
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#616 - 2014-06-19 23:32:06 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:

What do you expect CCP to do? Nothing?


Yes.

They need to ignore the voices of the people who are crying about needing more ways to defend themselves because they explicitly refuse to use the ones that they already have.

That kind of behavior not only should not be catered to, but it should be actively persecuted.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#617 - 2014-06-19 23:34:07 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Didn't freighters get some lowslots recently that gives them the ability to field a pretty nasty tank? I also recall some mining barges getting some combat buffs.
The thing about the new found tankability of freighters is the existence of people who just don't care about things like cargo value, EHP or the ratio of the 2.

When triple bulkhead freighters die practically empty it makes it a rather moot point to bring up the ability to fit bulkheads. You've already proved it's useless when someone wants your freighter dead, regardless of the reason.
Kalon Horan
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#618 - 2014-06-19 23:36:28 UTC
Ukucia wrote:
Kalon Horan wrote:

And it still does not change what i am saying. I do not wan´t to force anyone to grab a combat ship, it is everyone´s own decision to do whatever they want to do. But if they are not willing to shape the sandbox to their liking, imo they have no right to complain about the situation.

Thus, they have to go grab a combat ship.

You're saying, "If you don't like it, you have to go play this way". Otherwise, they're not shaping the sandbox.

My point is if you want to argue they shouldn't force others to play differently, you shouldn't be pushing for them to play differently.

Quote:
And being a miner is a pretty weak argument.

Good thing that wasn't my argument.

Quote:
Not doing it and complaining quite simply only has a single motive: "WAAAAAAHHHH I want to make ISK"...

Probably should actually read the second part of the post. Limited, child-interrupted playtime means fewer options. Doesn't mean the game must be changed, it means fewer options available to respond.


I am nowhere saying that they have to play in a certain way. I am saying: if ppl are not willing to change the situation themselves, they have no right to complain about it. They have the tools, they choose not to use them and they have nobody but themselves to blame for that. It is not the suicide gankers who need to be blamed, it is not the game mechanics which are broken.

The only thing that is broken is your attitude towards the game. And for all i care you could have 20 children that is your problem and not a matter of broken game mechanics.

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#619 - 2014-06-19 23:36:28 UTC
Noragli wrote:
Xinivrae wrote:
Noragli wrote:
the playerbase has shrunk

*citation needed


Citation is CCP having stopped releasing sub numbers. And you only need to look at online players at the login screen to see there's a lot less people than there used to be.


Which is why Jita and all other hubs are constantly busier than they have ever been and there is no such thing as an empty icebelt...

Oh wait

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#620 - 2014-06-19 23:39:40 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Didn't freighters get some lowslots recently that gives them the ability to field a pretty nasty tank? I also recall some mining barges getting some combat buffs.
The thing about the new found tankability of freighters is the existence of people who just don't care about things like cargo value, EHP or the ratio of the 2.

When triple bulkhead freighters die practically empty it makes it a rather moot point to bring up the ability to fit bulkheads. You've already proved it's useless when someone wants your freighter dead, regardless of the reason.


Maybe they shouldn't have complained about rigs being a ****** choice, considering the significant part of the tank is now in the armour or shield. It takes something like 80 T1 catalysts to kill a triple bulkhead freighter. 80 people. Is it asking too much for the freighter pilot to maybe make some friends in the popular single player themepark game EVE Online?

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.